Weight Loss Support - Come join me on the 10-Day Challenge!!

Pages : [1] 2

redballoon
08-31-2004, 02:59 AM
Hello everyone. :wave: Being in the recent dredges of unfathomable gluttony :corn: I have decided to take drastic measures and pull myself out of the muck! :drill:

Thus, :idea: I'm bringing back a version of the old 21-day challenge that we used to do here and am looking for others to join me on the journey! :sunny:

I'm making it a 10-day challenge because 10 is easier to count to than 21 and I like the idea of three stars next to my name over the course of a month instead of just 1 and a handful of change! :yes:

Here's how it works. You pick something you want to do, anything, a behavior change, a diet plan you want to stick to, an exercise goal, anything and you stick to it for 10 days counting them down with us each day (or as often as you can post). You say, like, "I'm on Day 2, Day 3" and so on. If you fail to do your goal for a day it's back to zero you go. You have to start counting all over. :)

When you get to 10, well, you start over again, with a new goal or the same. :encore:

I used to do this and it was great. It really kept me accountable and the support and cheers I got from everyone was an enormous help. :goodvibes:

I'm making my goal what it used to always be, NO SUGAR for 10 days, none whatsoever! :dancer:

Anyone else game! Come on down!! :cheer:

Marti
08-31-2004, 03:31 AM
Hi Red!! :wave:

I'll join ya!! I had the 21 day challenge over at the Jaded Ladies Forum and I'm not sure why I haven't started it back up yet.....had a few girls joining me...but I think 10 days would be better!! I have made it to 10 a couple times and have had to start over!!!

Scuzin was with me doing the 21 day challenge....hopefully she will see this and join here since I haven't posted another challenge yet.

I'm like you....I need accountablity!! So what's my challenge???

Exercise as it has been for the last few challenges. But it really helps me to have a challenge to do them!

So I'll start tomorrow!

hippiechic
08-31-2004, 04:45 AM
hey girls.... 10 day challenge sounds good, i would love to join you..... mine will be two-fold....... exercise and drinking water.... i have started at a gym and have yet to develop any kind of steady pattern i go at all different times of the week, so my challenge will be to get a routine going that i can stick to....and though i am much better at drinking water now than i ever was before, i still havent gotten to 64 oz a day...... thanx for the challenge!! Jamie

UnCafeCvooPlay
08-31-2004, 07:30 AM
Hey guys, I would love to join. My goal is to stay within 1500-1700 calories for the next 10 days. I also have to do one form of exercise each day (walk, exercise tape, etc). Today is day one!

redballoon
08-31-2004, 10:12 AM
All right, MNJ! How are you?!! :) It's like old times. :dance: Good to hear from you and glad you could join up. :cb: I didn't know you had done the 21 somewhere else. I've been missing the challenge. It really helped me. Even though I post elsewhere just to chat it's not the same thing as here. What I like about this place is that it's simple, in and out if that's all you want. It keeps you focused! Good luck! 10 sure doesn't seem like much compared to the 21, does it? But, heck 10 plus 10 plus 10 I think is easier to do and it gets you there the same -- yet better! Ok, going exercise, are you? Go for it!! :hat:

hippie, cool! Good to see you too. A two-timer! :dancer: exercise AND water! OK, looking forward to counting with you.

Heh Cafe, another double doozy. Calorie regiment AND exericse. That sounds like a toughie. God, I'd be starving on calories like that. Power to you. Good luck! :strong:

Well, I'm wrapping up a successful nonsugar day. It's my first in over two weeks! Yeah. Do the full moon boogie! Did you see it? :dancer:

IWantMyFairyTale2
08-31-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm in!

My challenge is drinking more water, I do pretty good with my calorie intake, but I'm really spotty on getting my water in each day. I know I'll never be able to drink 64 oz a day, but I'm going to go for 6 cups (48 oz.) a day and hope I don't float away. LOL

Scuzin
08-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Hello! I'm back in!

I think I'll fall back on a water challenge since whenever I'm NOT one one I can't seem to get any in.

Good Luck everyone and nice to see you all!

synn1977
08-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Heck.....I'm all in!!! I just started WW today so my goal is going to be sticking to it for the full 10 days....I usually quit within a week! Like after 3 days, so.....and I am going to double up and add in some form of exercise at least 5 times in the next 10 days.

Marti
09-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Well got my first day done!! Only 9 more to go! That is soo cool....something I can do and keep doing. :)

Hello to all the 10 day challengers!! Good luck to you all and hope to get to know you more as the days go on!

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Hey everyone!! Day one was successful....I had 1540 calories for the day and realllly didn't want to exercise but forced myself to because of the challenge. Hope everyone had a good day!

synn1977
09-01-2004, 02:54 AM
Hey all....day one was successful. I had a bit more to eat than I wanted to, but I stayed within my point range so I am happy....now onto day 2!

derrydaughter
09-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm "in".... my challenge is to stick with my eating plan for the next 10 days so that I can realize success! This goal is two-fold. I'm sick of my plateau and want to get back to my goal weight, with ww, so that I can go for FREE and maybe work for them too!
I'm on their new core plan and finding things a little easier, but the big challenge over this 10 day period is Labor Day weekend and getting through cook-outs, eating out and get past my usual "social" eating habits.
Linda

redballoon
09-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Heh there everyone, I'm wrapping up Day 2 here! So many times yesterday and today I actually had to stop myself from eating sugar. I've been so off the wagon I'd be thinking about having a chocolate bar or ice cream cone and then it was like "Oh, gosh, no, I'm doing the Challenge!" and I just turned it off (the thought of eating the sugar, NOT the challenge). Great stuff! Yes, this is what I've been needing. :dance:

FairyTale -- Welcome! How's the water challenge going? Guzzle on girl! :cb:

Scuzin -- Hi there! :wave: Good to see you again too. Another waterer. Good luck! :goodluck:

synn -- Hi there and welcome aboard. OK, Weight Watchers for 10 it is! Keep in touch here, Ok. :cheer:

:bravo: MNJ on Day 1 down. Only 9 to go. Doesn't it feel like you can do it just!?! :dancer:

Cafe's on Day 2! :sunny: Great going! What an excellent save with the exercise :cp: and just over 1500 calories! Wow. Good for you. :spin: Keep it up! :flow1:

Derry -- Yo! Good to see you over here. This challenge is great. We (some of us on here) used to do this for 21 days and it was tough but it really kept us in line. Ten days I think is more workable and I've just been needing some structure in my life! I'm so glad to see you over here. So, your challenge is to stick to the WW core plan, right? and then eventually work for them? Cool. Yikes, Labor Day weekend. Forgot about that. Kids over here started back today. School year begins in April though. Very short holidays here, poor things. Well, good luck. :flow2:

Ok, keep it up folks. Anyone else just hop on whenever you can. There is no start, everybody is on a different day. You just keep going, trip up, back to 1, smooth sailing, after ten you pick another challenge or go for the second round. Hope to see more of you! :comp:

Girly2004
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
For sure Im in. This is day 1 for me. Im gonna do some kind of physical activity every day and drink at least 64oz of water, which I've been workin on. Its definitely easier if I put lemon into it, but then i pee like a race horse. LOL Anyway this sounds like a great idea, so Im all for it.

Shelle_G
09-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I am in and up for the challenge!! I need something to kick start my motivation!

Today is day 1 and I am going to try to stick to my calorie plan which is between 1400 - 1670 calories a day and 50 grams of fat!!

Ready, set, GO!!! :cp:

Scuzin
09-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey Hey~
I'm officially on day 1 today. Wish me luck. Now that is 10 instead of 21 I just might be able to swing an exercise challenge next :O

hippiechic
09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
got through day one now onto day number two, its so funny its sooo easy to exercise i dont have to force myself, but you would think water was poison the way i used to avoid it, but i just dont have anything else in the house...... talk to you all soon, jamie

synn1977
09-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey all....working day two....so far so good, got a little walking in, probably about 10 minutes tops (walking to the bus) so , I am going to try to get the BF to go for a walk after dinner tonight. We'll see!!! :big grin:

synn1977
09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Day two hat been a succuss....no walking as I am winding down for the night....but that is my goal for tomorrow....even if I go it alone!

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone, Day 2 is done. Its 7 PM and although I'm feeling a bit hungry, I'm not going to eat before bed. I've had 1590 calories and once again FORCED myself to do my exercise. I'm looking forward to going to the farmer's market tomorrow and getting some fruit. No more moon pies for me!!! Thank you for starting this challenge, red. And great job with saying no to the sugar, I know thats something I would have a HARD time with.

poolerruler
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Hello Ladies,
I would love to get in on this. I just started back on track today. So I will count Thursday as my first day. My goals for the first ten days is to get all of my water in 64 oz & some form of exercise! Wish me luck!

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-02-2004, 12:48 AM
I have to ammend my previous tally of 1590 and change it to 1680 (sorry I have an annoying guilt complex :lol: ) , but I am still within my calories, so alls well

Marti
09-02-2004, 03:47 AM
Day 2 is finished. But I think I really need to do more. But for now...it's working for me. I soooooo miss going to the gym!! I'm hoping to get my membership back when I get a job!

Keep up the good work everyone!! Glad to have you all here!!

When I have more time....I will do individuals and introduce myself properly :D

G'Night!

derrydaughter
09-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Day one for me, I blew it totally. Ok guys, time to kick my butt.
Day two has just begun and I am getting really serious here.....
Linda

redballoon
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
No time tonight for long messages. I'm reporting in a successful Day 3. Hurrah!!

MNJ, congrats on Day 2. Hope you can get your gym membership back soon.

Oh no, Linda, what happened?! If you blew it though, you have to go back to Day 1!!! That's the way this thing works. You just keep counting, slipping back and starting over. The momentum builds as you get more successful days behind you and that helps keep you going. Sorry!!

poole, hi there. Welcome! Water and exercise. Ok, just count, we don't need to know the days. It's too confusing for me anyhow as I'm on the other side of the Pacific! Good luck!

Cafe, excellent work! Yes, forced exercise is good too! What are moon pies, by the way? Sugar and me are old enemies. I stayed off the stuff for a year and many monthlong challenges but recently have just been letting it creep in everyday and then, BANG!!, it's got me by the tail by the end of the day and is swinging me around and around howling chocolate, brownies, ice cream and all sorts of hellish things! If I don't let it in in the first place I can keep it out totally.

synn, great, great going!! You can do this! Keep it up. On to Day 3, hip hip hooray!!

hippie, bravo for a successful Day 1. Onward march!!

Scuzin, how's it going? Are you going to come back with a Day 2 or is it back to 1? Come on I want to hear you say "I did it!"

shelle, welcome!! How's it going? Did you make your calorie limit?

girly, how about you? First, welcome!! Exercise and water are popular challenges, aren't they? I guess those are the toughies for a lot of people. Me, since I'm in a walking sort of town, I get exercise no matter what. But, sugar, ee gads!! it's hiding every 50 feet at the next convenience store! Talk about horror movies. . .specially the part when I take off my clothes in front of the mirror!!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Good luck to you all!!

laura_on_a_bike
09-02-2004, 11:01 AM
i want to be in too. i have been rocking and rolling on my workout plan but my calorie intake hasnt been the greatest. my goal is to stick to my eating plan 1300-1800 calories a day and not to snack while i am working. (being in a deli makes that so difficult) this is day one for me. i dont work today and i have school until late this evening so this should be an easy day to start off with.

good luck everyone else.

Shelle_G
09-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Yesterday I did great!! My calorie intake was 1524 and fat grams were 36. My guideline is 1400-1670 and 50 grams of fat!!!!

YEAH!!!

Beginning day 2 right now!!! :D

shyangel
09-02-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm in too. Given what's going on in my life right now I think I'll start with something 'easy'. I will drink at least 64 ounces of water a day starting tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone!

Scuzin
09-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey Hey
Day 2 here!
I'm going to be gone for a couple days...I'm flying to New Orleans tomorrow. Good Luck All!!!

Den@
09-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm in. I've gotten a little sloppy lately and need accountability. My goals:
Eat around 1400 cals, exercise every day and drink 8 glasses of water. I seem to lose weight when I follow all three. So here goes day #1.
Good Luck, everyone!
Dena :cool:

suchaprettyface125
09-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Exersice everyday!! 3 days straight already!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

8-30 :)
8-31 :)
9-1 :)
9-2

poolerruler
09-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Hello Everyone.....I completed day one with great strides! I started my moring at curves ( 6:00 AM) , then went for a 3.7 mile walk....and through out the day have consumed 120 oz...yes, that is correct 120 oz of water! YEAH...for me! I hope to keep it up. Good luck to each of you...until tommorow.

synn1977
09-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Day three complete....still no exercise....i am so forcing it tomorrow whether i want to or not!
Other than that, the energy level kind of flat out crashed on me today....good day though. :sunny: this is the way I need to be otherwise I am not going to get anywhere

JCabrera83
09-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Hey all I'm new but I'm in if thats Ok...I'm going to do 10 days that I get outside and do something.

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-03-2004, 07:07 AM
Day 3....hmmm well I stayed within my calories (I had 1700), but I did not exercise. I was hoping to make up for it today by doing twice the exercise, but if this isn't allowed just let me know and I will start back from day one. Hope everyone had a good day!

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Oh and P.S., moon pies are chocolate covered marshmallow sandwich cookies :devil:

laura_on_a_bike
09-03-2004, 10:11 AM
well i made it through day one. 1590 calories. im happy with that. now lets see if i can make it through 9 hours at the deli and not go out for beers afterwards. this should be interesting. i have a long weekend coming up, YEY! maybe tonite i will treat myself to a home spa treatment instead of beer. i'll check in tomorrow.

good job to everyone so far.

derrydaughter
09-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Woah! So, if I blow it on Day 1, I slide back to Dat 1 again? Yikes! I feel like I am playing Parcheesi (sp?). ;)
Well, then, Yesterday my NEW day 1 was a good day! Had all my water, spent 40 minutes on the treadmill and didn't go off the ww "core" food list for the entire day - whew! Now I get day 2????
I'm very motivated the new ww core foods are so healthy and I can do this!
Linda in NH

Shelle_G
09-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Well I guess I am going back to DAY 1. Yesterday was Day 2 and I went over my calories by 185 (1855) and my fat grams were over by 6 (56).

So I think I will be starting day 1 on Monday or Tuesday. I still eat well (no fast food crap or high fat) I just don't keep track of my calories. But I do work out more... :D

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-03-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm back on day one :( My new goal is just to stick to my calories (dont go above 1700)

shyangel
09-04-2004, 12:04 AM
I drank all of my water today and probably more, especially if I count the orange juice I had with breakfast. I got 4 16oz bottles and kept them in the frig and just pulled one out after another. It keeps the water colder that way, as opposed to one big bottle. I guess Saturday will be Day 2!

Marti
09-04-2004, 03:08 AM
Well....the challenge is for only 10 days and here I am posting to say......

I need to start over! :dizzy: TOM hit....been keeping it low today and thought I would get some exercise in tonight, but I'm just ready to crawl into bed.

So TOMORROW is a new day!

Great crowd we have here and you're all doing great! Who ever had to start over....don't worry...I'm with ya! :D

I'll check in tomorrow!

redballoon
09-04-2004, 04:51 AM
Hello everyone. Sorry I didn't post last night. That's what I try to do, check in every day at night to see how you're all doing and report my own progress. Since it's still the end of a day it helps keep me off the sugar as well because if I say I'm wrapping up a successful day I'm less likely to blow it right before turning in. Night is the worst time for me for eating sugar. You know, end of the day, reward for exercising, eating well, etc. etc.

Anyhow I want to report that yesterday was a success, which puts me on Day 5! You know, it's funny but making up my mind to do this again has me feeling so empowered. Of course, I am sorely tempted throughout the day to eat sugar and I think I do eat other things simply because I can't have sugar, which may not be helping in the end. But I think the end calorie total is still much lower because when I get going on a sugar kick I just don't stop. It's horrible. The money I piddle away on stuff is pathetic. OK, over to you all and boy, aren't we getting a great crowd here! So glad to see all of you!

Oh, right, one question for the culturally challenge me. There's a smiley shaped like a slice of pizza and the code says "jeno." Can someone tell me what that is? Is it a brandname?

Cafe -- so you went back to Day 1? Please don't think I'm playing thread police here. :^: You have to make the decision to say whether whatever you did really constituted a breach of your challenge. I mean, it's all yours, not mine. Personally, I don't think not getting your exercise in would be so bad if you did work out extra hard the next day because exercise is, after all, one of the things that is cumulative. I mean, you could say you exercised every day but if you slacked off and just did a little bit instead of two good workouts there's not much logic in doing that just for the sake of being able to call it logic. I am great at bending the rules like that but I realize it's only hurting me. It's like at work, if someone tells me I have to sit in my seat and not get up what do they gain? If my style is to work at 100 percent for 30 minutes, then take a break for 5, isn't that better than working at 50 percent for 35 minutes, which is what I'd be inclined to do if someone wants to try lording it over me. Anyhow, Cafe, you know what you felt like in not exercising. You decide, always. Good luck and keep it up, ok. I'm rooting for you. :cheer:

Shelle -- OK, you're going back too. Again, it's your choice. I can see you're something of a perfectionist, no? That's great that you're still staying away from the fast food and high fat stuff. I used to have this all or nothing attitude, well, in fact, I still have it, but I try to keep it under control. That's why actually I have the no-sugar challenge. I wish I could stop at just a bit of sugar but I tend not to, or maybe I just don't want to. It's much better for me to stay off it totally, then give myself a day or two to do whatever I please, and then jump back on the wagon. It's like looking forward to Christmas. What fun would it be if we had it everyday?

Derry -- yes, a parcheesi game, or Monopoly is what I always think of. With this thing the first days are always toughest because the numbers are low but it really helps when you get above 5 (this was even more so when we did 21 days) because there is a momentum there and you feel like you're risking all that effort you've put into sticking to your goal. And you are. You sound like you had an excellent day. :bravo: to you!! Good luck!

laura -- Welcome aboard and great going on Day 1! :cp: I like the leeway you give yourself on your calories. It's like money. If I just set one number I know I'm going to eat right up to the limit, but if I feel I have the freedom to make it a A day or an A+ day or even just a C day then I'll probably be less likely to blow it. I think I'll try that. I never gave myself that leeway before. Maybe for the next challenge. So, how did you fare with the deli/beer night? You know, you can still count beer calories. I hope to see you on Day 2. The spa treatment idea sounds so much better. Being single, I tend to feel my drinking nights are for socializing but really, it's counterproductive more often than not. There ARE others ways to socialize, aren't there? I have to think of them.

JC -- welcome! How did it go with the getting out. I have days like that, where I don't want to move from my room (and that's all it is over here). Then, finally I do get out and I think, darn! why didn't I do that sooner. I think it's much harder in the States if you're not in a walking town, and there aren't many of those, are there? But you can always drive somewhere and take a walk, or maybe just driving somewhere is good, right? Are you in a town or a rural area? What do you tend to do if you don't get out?

synn -- excellent going!! :bravo: Congrats on Day 3! Yup, forcing is sometimes the way it's gotta be. A lot of people have been telling me recently (and this are people who I emulate), "when you feel you can't do any more, reach down and DO a little more!" I would think, yeah, right, but you know, I have done it and it's like some magic bullet. You find that's when things really start to budge. I have seen the most progress at those times, and I tell you, sometimes, I have reached down through my tears, but I did it and I got throught to the other side. When your energy flat out crashes and you still do something, you know I think you're on your way somewhere good! Go Synn!! :dancer:

poole -- wow, you really conquered Day 1, didn't you? 6 a.m. curves, walk, mega water. Great going! :cb: Keep it up!

pretty face -- Heh, a lurker on the challenge! Love it! :rofl: Hope to hear more from you. What day is it for you now? Keep us posted and good luck! :sunny:

Den -- hello there. Good to hear from you again. How's it going? Are we moving along? That's a big goal you've set yourself. Hope it's not too much. Best of luck to you! :dance:

Scuzin -- congrats on a successful Day 1 down? Are you able to stay on the challenge while you're away? I hope so, hope to hear from you again soon. Safe traveling!

shyangel -- welcome and congrats on Day 1! :cp: That's a great idea with the bottles. I tend to just drink the water room temperature but it is nice when it's chilled, isn't it. And remember, "easy" is a relative term. You do what comes difficult to you or something that is going to give you a boost. If it's clearcut and you can say I did it, it'll help boost you on to bigger and better things. Good luck! Come on, you can do this! And, I'm really sorry to hear things are rough for you now. I really know what it feels like. I bet everyone here does. We're here to help you out so don't forget it, ok? :grouphug:

OK, everyone, over and out. Good luck. Power to you all!

MNJ -- oh no! Back to Day 1?!?! Oh well, what's important is getting back on that horse so to speak and you're doing that. You've always been an inspiring force on these challenges and here you are at it again. Remember everyone, often the hardest part of the game is just showing up! I want to see you in here playing ball!

Den@
09-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Day #2 under my belt. On to day #3. Yay!!!
Red, Doing great now that I'm with the group. I've stayed around the same since we did the 21 day challenge. (Down 30 lbs. still, but haven't lost anymore.) At least, that's better than gaining. :lol:
Take care,
(Hugs),

Lucia-1
09-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Hi,

I have been reading these posts, and like the idea of a 10-day challenge. I have tried other things, but lately have been battling with an almost non-existant motivation level! I weighed myself yesterday, only to find I have gained #2 :( , I want to lose #30-35 by Christmas, and really need to be accountable to someone other than myself.

My goal for the next 10 days, is to stick to my eating plan - I have started on the Weight Watchers At Home points plan - and to exercise alternate days. I feel confident that within 10 days, I will have a weight loss to report ;)

Catch up with you tomorrow!

laura_on_a_bike
09-04-2004, 06:57 AM
well, day two was a bust. i didnt snack all day long at work which is really my main concern, but i did go out afterwards and promptly lost track of my calorie intake. now that i am not feeling so hot, i wish i had stayed home, and a full day of excercise to sweat all the toxins out isnt looking so inviting anymore. hehehehe. oh well, back to day one. cant be too sad about it since i had only one day under my belt. i've got a long weekend coming up and have planned on spending most of it outside being active. everythig will balance out i suppose. today will be a breeze to get through.

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-04-2004, 09:44 AM
I have to confess that the day that I was supposed to be making up for not exercising, I did, only I also ATE. I went on a little binge, and I'm guessing my calories were in the 2500 range. So, I actually have to start over. So far the day is successful, and I will report back in tonight :)

e.mccoy
09-04-2004, 02:32 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I have never tried anything like this before, but I'm going to get on board. To start my ten day plan my goal is to drink 8 glasses of water. I can never stick to anything so I have to start out small.

1st 10-day goal
Drink 8 glasses of water a day

Wish me luck

SW 208~CW 212~GW 130

synn1977
09-05-2004, 12:51 AM
day 4 and 5 were a success....I apologize i did not get to post last night, i was extremely tired and crashed last night. I got in about 30 mins of exercise today....so yay....i am working it.
thanks for all the support everyone, it is definitely helping

redballoon
09-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Hello. It's the end of Sunday here. I'm going to be turning in. Want to report that I stayed on my no-sugar challenge!! Hurrah for me. I think that makes it either 5 days down or 6. Will check on that later. In any case, I'm still rolling and now that I'm past midway there's definitely no stopping now. I have continued to laugh temptation in the face, and yes, it has been there. Ideas of sugar pop into my idea often. But I knock them back with a mighty WHACK!!! Landlady stopped by tonight with some delicious looking big purple grapes. I never buy 'em cause they're too expensive. Now they will surely be sweet! Yum!!

Synn, :bravo: Great going! I am sooo glad to hear that you have made it through Day 5. Excellent! :cb: And you said you couldn't stick with something past 3 days. You see, you CAN and you HAVE. Now keep it up. You go, girl!! :cheer:

mccoy, welcome :wave: Yes, jump aboard, 8 glasses of water a day. You can do this. We're pulling for you! :sunny:

Cafe -- OK, so we had a little binge there. 2500 cals. Yes, I can do that, do it too often. So, how's it going? Hoping to hear good things from you. :flow1:

laura -- How's it with you? Definitely hear you on the toxin sweatout. The reason I didn't post the other night was for similar reasons. God, I was paying for it Saturday. Well, here's hoping you have a success to report to us. :)

Lucia, a big welcome to you too! :dancer: 30-35 lbs by Christmas sounds like a reasonable goal. Good luck to you. You're with some others in sticking to WW on the 10-day. Hope to see those numbers adding up to 10 real soon! :flow2:

Den, glad to hear you're doing well again being back. Staying the same is most definitely a victory too so glad to hear you're remembering that. Well, keep it up and good luck to you! Power on! :strong:

Ok, people. Signing off. Hope to hear from some of you others out there who started up on the challenge. Remember, if you fall off just hop back on! That's what we're here for. This isn't a dare, it's a challenge, YOUR challenge.

laura_on_a_bike
09-05-2004, 12:33 PM
well, my new day one was a success. didnt have to work so i got to stay home and cook all my meals. even made enough for some lunches next week. i did fine on calories (1560). and spent the entire day cleaning the house and my car. didnt really feel up for the cardio i had planned so i just did some strength training and took a break.

way to go synn for being on day 6 already.

good luck to everyone celebrating holliday with family tomorrow. labor day foods are enough to break anyones will power.

Marti
09-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone! I had a busy day yesterday so I wasn't able to post. But I did get day one restarted yesterday and day 2 is finished today! Of to a better start.

Everyone--You are all doing a fantastic job! You keep me inspired to do this.

Keep up the great work!

synn1977
09-05-2004, 07:22 PM
So far so good ladies....welcome to everyone who has joined....sorry, not one to remember names. that's red's job I guess! heheheh :lol:
but alas....I am on day 6 and so far so good.
Just a tip for all of you, especially if you are like me and forget breakfast. Kashi Go Lean bars are to die for. I had one with lunch today to try them and they are devine. Almost sinful :devil:
I will be updating more of my progress later today....but I have reached my exercise goal...and hour and a half of power shopping today for groceries and lifting....I make the bags a bit heavy on purpose so they serve a dual goal!
Keep up the good work everyone...remember one slip does not a landslide make. :grouphug:

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-05-2004, 11:11 PM
OK so I am wrapping up day 2 here...its 7:13 and I'm heading to the mall with a friend. I am not going to eat at the mall, so I will make it to day 3 tomorrow. I can do this!!

Janette
09-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Hello all. I'm a newbie to this site and this seems like a good place to join in. I'm doing WW, and I also need to keep up with my water. For the next 10 days I'll stay on plan and drink at least 64oz of water. It's easy to drink enough water at work because I work outdoors, but when I'm off I don't always do so well at it.

Height 5'7"
SW-160lbs
CW-157lbs
GW-140ish

Lucia-1
09-06-2004, 04:58 AM
Almost at the end of day 2 and happy to report I have kept up with my goals so far :dance: . Feeling very positive. Took the time on Saturday to plan my meals, and this has made it so much easier at the end of the day, feel much more organised when I take the time to do this, it also reduces the chance of making unwise food choices at the end of the day. I have also chosen two new recipes from a WW cookbook which I will try on the weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

redballoon
09-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Good evening all. I've figured out when I started my challenge. It was Aug. 31. So that means that I'm finishing up Day 7 here! Wow! Only three to go to . . .maybe a day break then back on. More saves today but I got myself. Those grapes, by the way, were delicious!!

Lucia, good for you! :cp: Glad to hear you're feeling positive. You should be! Excellent with the planning. It gives you something to look forward to, doesn't it? and then you're less likely to eat blindly, aimlessly. I've gotta do that more too. Good luck!

Janette, welcome to you! :wave: So you're doing a double challenge, right? Sticking to WW and drinking water. OK. :flow1: Good luck! :cb:

Cafe, how'd it go? Did you put Day 2 to bed! I hope so! Tell us soon! :dancer:

synn -- how about you? power shopping! Wow, now that's a cool concept. I like it! :yes: Sinful Lean bars. Wish I could get them over here. But then, knowing me, I'd eat the whole box! Excellent thought you ended on there. . .one slip does not a landslide make. Yes. I love it! Keep up the good work! :sunny:

MNJ, glad to hear you're still with us. :strong: I expect to see you through this one on to the end. One false start is ok, but now you're into the race! Let's see you finish a winner! :flow2:

laura, congrats to you too! :cp: Strength training is great for building muscle of course and that uses calories just sitting there. So good for you. And thanks for the holiday wishes. I guess it's back to school for kids there, huh? Summer here too is winding down with the usual bang, typhoons and such. Any of you affected by Frances? Hope all's well with you and your loved ones.

OK, over and out. Good luck. Come on in and tell us how you're doing, good or bad, we want to hear from YOU! :dance:

laura_on_a_bike
09-06-2004, 12:23 PM
well, i made it through day two barely. hahahaha. i had 1818 calories. im giving myself the 18 calories as free cals. because i went to a party, skiped the cookies, cupcakes and cheese and opted for a tiny bit of cantalopue. i am so proud of myself for staying away from all that other crap. i cant even believe that i made it out of there without gorging. the cupcakes were chocolate with cream cheese centers. luckily my defence mechanism kicked in and told me that those would be gross gross gross and not worth the cals.

Scuzin
09-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Well this place has been busy!
I didn't make it through my weekend vacation to New Orealns, even though it was so warm and we did so much walking I should have!!! So today is another day 1

synn1977
09-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, group....Day 6 was a success. I even managed to get in more walking last night with the BF :)

No temtations...other than gobbling up some granola bars, but even at that I stayed on goal thanks to activity points. WOO HOO...Planning another walk when I get home this afternoon (checking in from work :s: )

Red, the bars are awesome, I would suggest that if you can find them there in Tokyo to try them...with me there are no worried of gobbling up the whole box because they are very filling...if they don't have 'em who knows, maybe I'll have to send you some.

Drank water until it came out my ears yesterday and treated myself to a 2 hour long session of classical music.

Wednesday(may day off) I think I am going to try some YOGA....ought to be fun! :rofl:

Den@
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone!
I must say this has been a real challenge during the Labor Day Holiday, since we are going out to eat a lot, but this group is really helping me stay within my goals. :) My hubby even brought an old treadmill home for me to use, so there's no excuse not to exercise.
Congrats to one and all. Everyone's doing great!
(Hugs),
Dena

cmsugrad05
09-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey Everyone I'm fairly knew to this site, and I was just looking around, and decided I wanted to join the challenge. My challenge is to drink at least 64oz of water a day hopefully more, and also not to drink soda!! So wish me luck

atitagain
09-06-2004, 07:46 PM
:D Hey all... I'm Nadine.... Just starting out getting back on track.... Since April after a boyfriend and myself broke up... I managed to take a Hiatus from better eating and exercise and all the rest.... From Jan to April... was dieting....working out at 6 am every day with the bf.... but went on a bad trip after we broke up... just recovering now.. so we are going to take the challenge of exercising at the gym..... every day for 10 days staight.... lets see if I can do it!

I went yest and today.. so today I guess is day 2!~

Hoping to meet lots of new friends here... you are all awesome!

Nadine smiles

shyangel
09-06-2004, 11:17 PM
I have been trying to drink a lot of water and have probably gotten in my 64 oz but since I have not really been keeping track I decided I should just start tomorrow at Day 1 again. I think part of the challenge for me is actually paying attention to what I ingest.

laura_on_a_bike
09-07-2004, 10:25 AM
hey everyone. i now have day number 3 under my belt. we had a cookout so that made it easy for me to make sure i had good food around. yey.

Den@
09-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Day #6. I just got off the treadmill, so I put it to good use this morning. I tell you I feel so much better today than 6 days ago. Red, this was a great idea. Thank you.
Good luck, everyone!!
(Hugs),
Dena

Marti
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Day 3 & 4 are done! Keep up the great work everyone!!

10 days should be a cinch! But believe it or not.....I'm struggling to remember! So far so good.

I really enjoy reading the variety of everyones challenge.

Laura--Being able to stay home a plan meals ahead is such a marvelous idea!! My husband is away for weeks at a time...so I don't really plan meals ahead...just go with the flow. You're doing great.

Synn--Thanks for the heads up on the Kashi bars. I've tried a few of the cereals and there is one I enjoy and others...that I don't. Haven't heard of the bars. Must go check it out.

Janette--I have done the water challenge MANY MANY times. I think being on this challenge....is pretty much the only time I get in the correct amount of water intake! (sounds awful doesn't it?) but when you don't think about it....you just don't drink. So good luck to you!

Lucia--I use WW cookbooks every now and then. They have GREAT recipes. Quick and simple too. My favorite dessert was the frozen yogurt drizzled with honey and sprinkled with sliced almonds!

Red--I'm going to finish this one! I had a terrible start. TOM arrived and I am just flat out miserable when it arrives (then it eases up) So all that was on my mind was bed. But I'm going now. Really need to up what I'm doing though!! Great thread btw!!

Scuzin--New Orleans?! Tell us all about it when you get a chance!!

Dena--I'm wanting a treadmill. That's on my list for Christmas....You'll do great once you get going on it!

cmsugrad05--Water is an important thing to have....and I may being doing that on my next challenge. You'll do great. You're starting out low so you shouldn't have an problems. Good luck!

Nadine--I envy you!! I miss going to the gym. But for financial reasons I had to cancel my membership! But I have a new job lined up...start next week and hopefully I will be able to get it back. Good luck to you!

ShyAngel--Another water challenge. If you think that 64oz. it too much to start out with......cut it in half for five days...then work yourself up to 64oz. When I do the water challenge...I don't usually put how much I'm going to do...just how much I'm working myself up to. You'll do fine!

And hello to all the rest of ya!! (sorry I didn't get everyone) Hope you're all having a great day today and that you're still going strong.

I will check in tomorrow!

derrydaughter
09-07-2004, 04:33 PM
OK, guys, here I am AGAIN.... we had the long Labor Day weekend and I blew it.
I'm day one again.
This time????
I went back to journalling, can't get this core program down without keeping a bit more control, obviously.
Linda in NH

Apple Blossom
09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi.
I knew I would have a tough time getting through any challenge over the holiday week-end so I thought I'd wait until today. Day One. NO EATING AFTER DINNER!!!! :nono: :nono:
I can do this, I know I can!!!
I have gained a bit of weight back and feeling crummy about it so I'd like to get back at it.
Good luck everyone!!!

Lucia-1
09-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

It is late afternoon on Day 4, and I am going strong. I have a vegetable pie (WW recipe) in the oven for dinner and have followed my meal plan today. I even went for a walk in the rain...it was very enjoyable.

M.N.J - I love WW recipe books, I try lots of low-fat/healthy recipes, but with WW I have never had a failure, they must test them well before they print them.

Have a great day!

redballoon
09-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi there, everyone. Sorry I couldn't post last night. Was just too busy. Well, tomorrow is my last day on the challenge. Yes, that's right!! This is No. 9 :cloud9: and I'm going to get through OK!! I have been pigging on other food but I know that if I had any sugar I not only would blow my challenge but I would never stop at just a bit. It would escalate into a full-blown, no holds barred, sugar orgy! :m: :chockiss: :cookie: :m: :chockiss: :cookie: :m: :chockiss: :yikes:

Lucia -- :bravo: for making it to Day 4! And the walk in the rain! :rain: Good for you! :cp: Keep it up!! :flow1:

Apple Blossom -- welcome :wave: Good to see you again. Good luck and keep us posted. You can do this. Just count to 10! :dancer:

Derry -- Hello again! OK, trying again? That's the way. Power to you! :flame:

MNJ -- congrats on making it all the way to Day 5! :cb: Sometimes things are more challenging than others. But you've got 4 whole days under your belt. Keep going! :flow2: And thanks for the great post and the compliment! :thanks:

Den -- sounds like you are on a roll! Pun intended!! :tread: So glad the thread is helping you. :yes: It makes me feel good to know that! :dance:

laura -- :bravo: to you too. Cookouts I would think would be hard. But you stuck to your guns! I'm impressed. :yes: Keep it up! :cheer:

shyangel -- ok, if that's the way you want to do it. It's your challenge. Besides, starting over doesn't lose anything for you. Paying attention is probably one of the most important things. I think I would be so embarrassed if I saw a video of just what I did all day, the food I stuck in my face, the money I piddle away for junk food and things I really really don't need. Good luck! :sunny:

atitagain -- Welcome! :wave: Glad to have you aboard. How are you doing with your gym challenge. Every day sounds tough but I guess it's a discipline thing. Just getting to the gym is often the hardest part. Good luck! :df:

cmsu -- a big welcome to you too! :wave: Water is a really popular challenge here. Good luck and stay away from the soda! :crossed:

synn -- are you out there!! Did you make it past Day 6? I hope so. You are doing so well! :yes: Hope to hear from you soon! :goodvibes:

Scuzin, how about you? Hanging on or taking some time out? I hope it's the former. Check in, OK? :comp:

SKYFIREFLY
09-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Count me in girls! I am going to take the 10 day challenge to increase my level of exercise through out my day! I will take the stairs and not the elevator. That will increase my exercise and I will walk at least 3 times a week or work out at the gym.
Yesterday I did the stairs up to the 3rd floor and back and then in and out of the office. But today will be day one! I will ck in later on.
Skyfirefly

laura_on_a_bike
09-08-2004, 10:07 AM
hahahahaha, im back to day one again. ahhhhhhh. oh well. i didnt go too far over yesterday. about 2000 calories. i've been getting an incredible amount of excercise in lately so i'm not worried about it in the least, except that i keep having to start the challenge over again. way to go everyone who has far more will power than me when it comes to deliciously bad for you foods and fruity drinks. :doh: :lol:

synn1977
09-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Sorry ladies! Didn't get a shot at the computer yesterday....too hectic at work!!!
Yes red, I made it through day 6 and day 7 and am working on day 8 now.
Got in my exercise....walking if nothing else...and I had my first weigh in.

I have lost 7 1/2 lbs my first week ladies....I am excited.
I want to thank all of you for helping me out, because without your support I would have given up long ago. :cheer:

Soon to start another challenge....so its time to start thinking.
Day 8 is so far so good too....gonna try and get in some exercise other than running up and down stairs!

NCsmurfette
09-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi everybody,
I am just starting my weight loss journey (again!!) so I definately need a challenget to get me started on the right track.

My challenge is to actually stick to my WW points for 10 days with out quitting.

Good luck to all everybody and please feel free to give me any advise and support you can :D

Thanks for letting me join!!

Apple Blossom
09-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Great going synn1977!!! :cp:
Welcome smurfette, I know you can do it!
Day one went well, day 2 has been tough but I'm going to wash a couple of toilets and that will keep me from eating. Then I'll go to bed. I am really battling temptation tonight. I came very close to snacking on some cereal but I got past it. :^:
2 days, 2 faces! :p :D

Marti
09-09-2004, 03:54 AM
Day 5 is done!!

Derry--Holidays are the worse...but I think once you get a routine down, they won't be a problem anymore. You'll do fine!

Apple--Wow....what a way to keep for eating....toilet duty. :) Having day 1&2 down....you'll do great. You know (this is only my opinion) that having a healthy snack after dinner isn't a bad thing. It's making the choice to find something that's good for you and keeping the portions in control. It would help with the hunger pains you get before bed.

Lucia--The last recipe I made from WW was this vegetable chicken thing (can't remember the name! :p ) but it was full of squash and zucchini and I was amazed that my DD loved it. That's another thing about WW that I like....my DD will eat what I make!!

Red--Congrats to almost finishing the challenge!! The no sugar thing would just get me.....I don't think I would ever pass day one!! :D but you're doing it and I applaud you!! Great job!!!!

Skyfirefly--Excellent choice for a challenge! I am doing an exercise one also....but I do think I need to up what I do. But for now I'm ok. My DH & I plan on making a workout room in our extra shed that's connected to our house. I'm very excited and know that I will be doing even more! Good luck to you.

Laura--I can't seem to remember what your challenge was? Staying within calories?? If your exercising a lot, you need to remember that your body needs those extra calories to burn. You'll see better results. (according to one of the women I worked with who was a fitness trainer) Don't worry...you'll get through it this time.

Synn--WoW!!!! 71/2 lbs in one week? Amazing! Congratulations to you!! You're obviously doing a fantastic job! Very happy for you!

Smurfette--Welcome to our challenge! It's a great motivator and the woman here are great for support! I hope you all the best for a successful challenge!

Ok ladies....I'm off to bed. Hope you all have a great night (most are probably already asleep) and I will check in tomorrow.

derrydaughter
09-09-2004, 08:07 AM
You'll all be proud of me! I am now on Day 3.... no plans to go off track today either! No more excuses???
Today, a big test, a go to a weekly quilt meeting on Thursdays and someone usually bakes something and brings it in. Can I resist? Can I turn it down without hurting someone's feelings?
Don't you all feel like if someone goes to the trouble to make something really nice and homemade that turning them down hurts them? How do you all deal?
Linda in NH

SKYFIREFLY
09-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Well I did 8 flights of stairs which are 10 steps per flight. No elevator for me! Also parked out a ways from the building which is kind of a normal thing. We share our building with many other companies parking is a trip! Well off to work again and will try to get to Bally's to work out afterwards!
Skyfirefly

laura_on_a_bike
09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
m.n.j.

my challenege was to stay within my alloted calories daily and to stop snacking at work. my cal intake is 1300-1800. i dont want to go to low and i dont want to go too high. i've been doing good not snacking at work. i give myself one free day a week but that one free day has been turning into two sometimes three a week and i just want to get back on track.

well, i made it through day one again so yey for me. i'll be the last person left on the 10 day challenge at this rate. ahahahahahaha keep up the good work everyone.

Den@
09-09-2004, 12:27 PM
8 Days Straight!

Hi Everyone,
Still plugging along doing my best to exercise, eat around 1400 cals and drink my 8 glasses of water. So far so good. It helps to know we're all trying to be good.

MNJ, Hi to you, former Challenge Buddy! You've lost a lot of weigt since the last challenge. Kudos to you!!!

Good luck to everyone!

trieditall...almost
09-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Okay red ballon, I'm new and I'm in. My goal, friut daily. (Gotta start with one that's not too hard.) Any kind of fruit, at least one serving...2-3 is better. Chances are very good that if I'm reaching for the fruit, I'll pass on the chips and cookies! Wish me luck!
I'm going to eat a banana...and take a walk, RIGHT NOW

Marti
09-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Good Morning ladies (and gents...are there any here??)

Wanted to come in early since I have day six done!! Only 4 more to go!!

Linda--What to do when someone brings something to a group gathering....if you feel you must try it...then try it! But make it a small piece. That way you don't feel like your hurting the person and you get a taste of what was brought. Or....you can bring something also that is healthy....I don't think people are going to feel hurt if they know that you're trying to do better. I'm sure she'll understand. (not much help am I?)

Sky--Walking up & down the stairs everyday and you'll notice a difference real soon!! That's fantastic!! I will be starting a new job tomorrow....and the parking lot is across the street in a parking structure....my plan is to park the farthest to get the most out of it! (but as soon as it rains, I may park as close as possible :lol: )

Laura--I remember doing the calorie intake during a fitness challenge at work....that was hard. My calories for my weight was 1350, I had the hardest time getting to 1000! And I ate a lot! I filled on so many veggies, I don't know if that was the issue. I finally started working out a lot and then had no problem. You're going to do fine!! I'm rootin for ya!

Dena--Hi!! 8 days! You know...your name looked so familiar but couldn't remember why! Duh! Thank you for noticing the weight loss. It's taken me FOREVER to just get those off...and then I stall. I'm hoping I see a difference again soon! Congrats to almost being to 10 days!

T.I.All--Welcome!! Oh your challenge would be so difficult for me! I'm more of a veggie person, getting fruit down is difficult. I have no idea why. I have these beautiful apples that are sitting in the kitchen.....had one so far! I wish you all the luck to reach your 10 day goal!! And once again welcome!

Ok ladies....I will check in tomorrow!

redballoon
09-09-2004, 07:01 PM
No time to write now but just wanted to say that I have made it through my challenge!! Hurrah for me!! :cp: :cp: :bravo: :encore: :cp: :cp:

Everyone else, congrats on your successes and more power to the restarters! You can do this! Keep it up.

Check on you all later!

:wave:

lauren2pink
09-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Hello everyone! My first ten day challenge is going to be exercising at least 30 minutes everyday. From past experience, I know that I loose weight best with exercise (even if I am not perfectly on my diet), but it is the hardest part for me to stick to. So- it is goal one!!! I am starting today - I'll let you all know how it goes!

vonvonnie
09-09-2004, 10:24 PM
hi all! i think my first 10 day challenge (ever!) is going to be drinking 3 nalgene bottles of water per day. and i dislike water. this is time for me to confess. some days, i may only drink like 10 ounces or a few sips of water per day. My water bottle is going to be my new best friend....starting in the morning.

Lucia-1
09-10-2004, 05:46 AM
:wave:

It is early evening on day 6 and I'm am still cruising along :dance:, although I had a little trouble sticking to my eating plan today, I didn't go over my points allowance, so that has made me very proud. I have been doing lots of gardening/lawn mowing, which counts as exercise on the WW plan, so I have earnt lots of bonus points over the last few days, I am saving them for a treat on Sunday!

Hope everyone has a great day!

laura_on_a_bike
09-10-2004, 09:43 AM
day two is done. yey, i know today will be a breeze because my hubby is off work tonite and i wont be going out with the gals. thats always a sabatage. good luck to everyone over the weekend.

and CONGRATS RED BALLOON!!!! way to go.

derrydaughter
09-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Red, so now that you did your own challenge, do you start all over again with a new one for yourself?
Vonvonnie! I love water, sure wish I could somehow share my love for it with you!
Good luck with that. I know people who don't like it either, hard to acheive!
What about flavoring it with lemon? Seltzer? Herbal iced teas with lemon and Splenda? One thing I did awhile ago was to measure out all the water that I needed to have in a day into one container and put it in my refrigerator, seperate. All other family memebers were threated to stay away from MY water. I could monitor that I was drinking enough by seeing that container empty as the day progressed!
I'm day 4 now.... working hard and sticking with it!
Linda

Den@
09-10-2004, 11:57 AM
I made it to day #9!!! I'm so happy I stayed within my goals for 9 days straight. My hubby told me he could notice a difference this morning. I had been plateauing for a while, so that compliment made my morning. Wooo hoooo!!

MNJ, your stats are fantastic! I know it hasn't been easy, so super congratulations to you. In fact, we almost have the same stats. I started at 177 & CW 145. Let's keep up the great work.

Red, CONGRATULATIONS on making it to Day #10. Go Red, go red, go red!!

Good luck, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi everyone, I am starting over with a new challenge to not eat past 7 o'clock. Congratulations Red!! :cp:

lauren2pink
09-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Sounds like all of you are doing great!

Unfortunately I didn't do great yesterday, but I have done my exercise for today already so I wiill just count today as day #1.

Guess that means I'm 10% of the way there! =)

gabwill
09-10-2004, 05:52 PM
well this would be my first 10 dan challenge. My challenge? That would be to walk atleast 3 miles a day and to drink only water. So far so good, that is all I have drank today and I will go walking once my daughter wakes up from her nap. Yes, it seems simple enough but to stick with it is another thing. It is 10 days so that should be good for now.

NCsmurfette
09-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey everybody. thanks for the welcome!!

So, I have 2 days down (too bad some of the weight didn't go with it) :)
I have been following my WW plan for 4 days now and haven't even lost a pound! Was a little depressed today about it, but since I have been on the board I have started to feel better.

8 more to go...still keeping strong.

redballoon
09-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Hello people. Yes, I'm taking a day or two off. Already had a day off yesterday and pigged on sugar. It was great but I felt sick. Going to jump back on the wagon soon, but not today (Saturday). And I'm going to add something new to my challenge as well. Will let you all know later. I'm sure you're all on pins and needles!!

Welcome to the newcomers and a big :bravo: to all of you who have made a success of your days. You see, you CAN do this and that's what it's all about, day by day. Eventually these one or two days of success, or like some of you, a full 10 days will start to stretch into weeks and you'll be on your way to big changes.

A special thanks to those of you who have taken the time to reach out and write some words of support individually to others. That is what this thread is really about but I can't always be there for everyone. Things have hit an extremely hectic phase in my days again. The work, the deadlines, the requests and pleas are at a peak again and I'm juggling them. Most of the things I have to do for myself, exercise, eating well just have to slide. I hate that but sometimes it's necessary. Always trying to bring that balance back into my days though despite everyone yanking at me from all sides.

Take care all and keep it up. I am reading your posts and sending you encouraging waves of energy!! Go for it!! :cheer:

Alora1978
09-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Well, today is my 10th day of my own 10 day challenge. So far I've lost 3.5 pounds and have conquored some pretty ferocious cravings. I mean, I got to the point one night where I must have read fifty different nutrition labels on several candies only to get frustrated w/all the fat and decided against all of them! I've managed to keep my calories under 1600 for the past ten days, whic his about 1000 calories less than I normally ate. Suprisingly though, the food choices I've been making have been enough to keep me satisfied. Also, in regards to UnCafe's reply, I too have quit eating after 7 pm.

lauren2pink
09-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Yea Alora!!! Good for you - sounds like you've done great!

synn1977
09-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Made it through Day 10 with flying colors!!!! So I am now on to a new challenge.
This time around I am kicking myself in the butt with the water challenge.
I am challenging myself to drink at least 10 cups per day (80 oz)....time to break out the big cup :lol:

This challenge starts tomorrow for those of you on round 1 or two good luck! :lucky:

Good luck to all, and I will definitely be posting more tomorrow!

redballoon
09-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Hurrah to synn!!! :bravo:
:cp: :cp::cp: :cp::cp: :cp::cp: :cp::cp: :cp:
:encore:
You did it!! :yes: Congratulations!!!! Great going, synn. So glad to hear you've made it. Just had to post to say congrats!!

:sunny:

NCsmurfette
09-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Yay!! I got 3 day down. Last night was pretty hard though. My Lovely boyfriend brought me a parfait from Steak 'N Shake (Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, strawberries, cherry, whipped cream, and almonds) -- which used to be my favorite thing to eat. BUT I PASSED IT UP :D as soon as he gave it to me I took it and dumped it down the drain so I wouldn't be tempted.
So I am feeling soo much better today.

REDBALLOON -- thanks soo much for the words of encourgement on my other post!! That really helped me pass up the parfait. I was thinking about everything you said as I was watching it going down the drain. THANKS AGAIN!! I hope all calms down quickly for you.

SYNN1997 -- way to go on finishing your goal!! I bet it feels wonderful to have been able to complete a goal you are working towards. Good luck on your next goal. One thing that helped me a lot with making sure I drank my water was to keep a water bottle with me everywhere I went, even if I just got up from my desk to walk and get something. If I had the water in my hand it reminded me that I needed to drink it.

ALORA -- Congrats on your weight loss!! You are doing such an awesome job. Just keep up with the good work and you will be at your goal in no time :)

Good Luck everyone with keeping their goal today.

laura_on_a_bike
09-11-2004, 09:47 AM
well, day three is over and i made it through with flying colors. congrats to everyone who has finished.

UnCafeCvooPlay
09-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Made it through day one. Great job everyone!!!!

derrydaughter
09-11-2004, 03:05 PM
DAY FOUR - Working though it just fine so far! But, eating out tonight.... we'll see how it goes!
Keep up the good work everyone!
Linda in sunny NH
I will never forget 9/11!

gabwill
09-11-2004, 06:40 PM
well I didn't do exactly 3 miles yesterday but I did do 2 so that is alright. Today I will make up for that when I go for my walk. That way I can catch up. I also am drinking plenty of water. I did do my Taebo and my curcuit training so that is good.

lauren2pink
09-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Day #2 down!!! I went to the college gym and walked/ran two miles on the treadmill, stretched, and did leg lifts and crunches.

I'm 20% of the way there!

Congrats to all of the rest of you who are doing so wonderfully!

Marti
09-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Day 8 here and only 2 to go!! Sorry I haven't checked in I had started a new job and that took some energy out of me! :D But today was WI day and I managed to lose one more pound. Very pleased with that.

Dena--How tall are you? I'm a short little 5'1".....not even quite the 1" but I add it anyway! :D I say my goal is 125lbs....but I would be extremely happy at 135lb.

Cafe--Good luck with starting over....I'm sorry but what is your challenge? (It's hard to keep up on this thread!) You'll do great...but just know, that if it's been a few times at starting over, you may want to figure out a new challenge, then go back to this one. (I've done that at least a couple time before)

Lauren--Exercise challenges are hard....at least for me. Which is what I've been doing. I see you're on day three, so it sounds like it's working out this time!! Keep up the great work!

Gabwill-- Walking is an excellent challenge....I really should do more of it!! Gives you great looking legs after awhile! How nice to have your DD with you when you go!

Synn--CONGRATULATIONS on reaching day 10!!!!!! So happy for you!! Good luck on the water challenge. That will be MY next one too!! Only a couple days and I'll be right there with ya!

Smurfette--That took courage to take that and dump it down the drain! I applaud you! I would have been crying as it went down! :lol: Ok not really, I would feel extremly proud as you should be! You'll make it through in no time!

Alora--CONGRATULATIONS to you too on reaching day 10!!! AND losing 3.5lbs.! That's incredible! You're doing it right girl and you'll reach goal weigh and be looking fabulous in no time at all!

Linda--Eating out can really be a challenge...but once you get it in your head that your health is so much important than all the fatty foods out there, you'll be able to make the right food choices. Good luck to you!

Red--I can't remember if I had congratulated you earlier or not....but CONGRATS again if I didn't!! This has been a great thread and it really does make a difference to me to have only 10day as compared to 21. That way I can keep up more things I need to work on! Hope everything starts to calm down for you and you get to relax some soon.

Ok....I apologize if I have forgotten someone.....I went as far back as the page would let me scroll!

Good luck everyone and hope your weekend is a good one!!

Den@
09-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone,
Can you tell that I'm excited. I love this challenge. I would love to keep doing this. We are great together. :)

MNJ, you asked how tall I am. I am 5'5. I would love to see 135 again. Somehow it's taking forever. :(

Synn, Congrats to you on reaching day #10.

Alora, congrats on your weight loss. Wooo hooo.

Red, when are you starting challenge no. 2?

Good luck to everyone else.
(Hugs),

gabwill
09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
With day two down I think that I am doing pretty good. I did taebo, pilates, curcuit training and 5 miles. That makes up for the mile I didn't do yesterday plus one. That is very good. Atleast I find. And I a drinking lots of water.

trieditall...almost
09-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Stating day 3 tomorrow on the fine line of dare I say sucess thus far?!

Wow! Red, Alora, Synn and the rest of y'all...you are the light at the end of my tunnel!This is harder than I thought it would be.

I threw an apple out the window today...only day 2 :( .
BUT! I grabbed a hand full of grapesafter dinner, and ate them as slow as I could.
It helps alot to read your sucsess! Thanks!! Good luck to all...actually, keep up the hard work, hooray for everyone.
P.S. Even a bad day turns into a good one... when it ends!!
Bye Y'all!

redballoon
09-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi there all. Finding a little time to check in with you. Sorry to be out of the loop. Very irresponsible of me, isn't it? Leave all you struggling challengers on your own. . :rofl: No heck, I see you're doing fine and some really great saves there too, I see.

Well, me, I've not been doing so well. The end of my challenge was marked by an ultra stressful day at work and that has gotten worse with each day. I feel like a fish being strung along, feeling the inevitable fall of the ax, or something similar (such as an intolerable situation) is near. I've been on a sugar bender since the end of my challenge. That sounds awful I know, like all those 10 days were wasted. But they weren't! No, I think I would have had another 10 days under my tightening waistband if I hadn't been on the challenge. But, I have had enough!! From tomorrow (Monday) I'm going to be back on with the second round of my no-sugar challenge. 10 more big ones and I'm going to do it. Wish me all luck!

trieditall -- first, a big welcometo you!! Fruit challenge, was it? Yes, that should help prevent some of the other junk from going in. Why is it that we never binge on fruits and vegetables? Why is it always the junk, the super-high calorie foods? Oh well. Good luck. Heh, what was the apple out the window about? :lol: Come on, you can do it. Make it through 3!!

gabwill -- Wow! you are really moving that body! Sounds like you are definitely on a roll. :strong: Keep it up! Onward through 3!!

Den -- Want to make sure here. . . Have you completed your challenge or are you still working on Day 10? You HAVE to be able to do this now. You just couldn't blow it on 10. So tell us so we can all give you a big round of applause!! :cp: I'm going to be starting up round 2 from Monday. Hope to see you then!

MNJ -- You're almost there too. You had a slow start but wow, is it already 8 down?!! Time flies so, doesn't it? Congrats on the weight loss too. :sunny: Thanks for the best wishes but things are worse than ever for me. And because of it I've been pigging out in anxiety attacks, frustration, tears, you name it, emotional eating ****. But I'm going to crack down again from tomorrow. I mean, having completed my 10 days of no sugar means I CAN find ways of dealing with life other than stuffing my face. Heh, did you just hear that snorting sound? That was me, doing an award-winning imitation of a pig, no, a whole pen of them!! I mean, heck, I can get back on the wagon. During my challenge, there was a lot of trouble as well and I didn't do anything criminal or anything! :rofl: Heh, and thanks for your great posts. You're always so thoughtful of everyone!

lauren -- hi there! :wave: Sounds like you're having a good exercise time of it as well. :bravo: Keep it up. Go for that remaining 80!

Derry -- hi there! So you're back up and looking good this time around. :cp: Hope you make it through the night out. You can do this. I'm with you on getting back on track. I've been on an emotional eating bender myself. Let's do this together! :dancer:

Cafe -- Are you still with us? Tell me your challenge again this time. Have you made it through Day 2 yet? Good luck! :cheer:

laura -- :bravo: on a successful Day 3! Hurrah for you! Flying colors is the way to go! Rockin' on to 4!! :cb:

Alora -- congrats on your challenge but where did you come from?!?!?! You never posted before and then all of a sudden it's, I'm through Day 10?!?!?! A sneak attack it would seem!! :rofl: Were you on your own challenge and then spotted us or are you just the super shy type? Well, I hope to hear more from you. Up for a second round?

smurf -- :bravo: Wow, what a save! Are you sure your boyfriend is on your side there? What is he doing bringing you a concotion like that when you're trying to lose weight??! And, is he still your boyfriend after watching you throw his gift (did you know that "gift" means "poison" in German?) down the drain?! :yikes: Well, that was just great and I hope you keep it up (doing great that is). How's it looking with the numbers now? And, I'm glad I could help you with some encouragement. And thanks for the best wishes as well! You're a sweetie. :goodvibes:

synn -- successful you! Are you going to come back for another round with us??

Lucia, vonvonnie, skyfirefly, apple blossom, anyone else out there or who checked in only to disappear, how are you doing? Please come back if you're bummed out. Remember, it's always about try, try again. No shame in falling of the wagon. No shame in good intentions that don't pan out. Keep trying. Keep showin up. You can stay on Day 1 for as long as it takes. One day that Day 1 will turn to Day 2 and so on and so on. Come on people. Grab a hold and ride with us!! :cheer: :cheer:

Den@
09-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I did it! I completed 10 days of the challenge. I ate 1400 cals, exercised every day and drank my 8 glasses of water. I did it!!!!! Now on to day no. 11. My clothes are loser and I feel great. Are we ready to keep going?

Red, I'm sure if you start a new challenge it will get you back on track. You already proved you could do it before. We are here for you.

Hugs to all.

Kit Montreal
09-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Hello, I'm new here and this looked like the right place to start. I know I am behind but let me start now anyways... my goal will be to not eat fast food/ take out for 10 days (or when faced with the Golden Arches I will choose one of the salads or equivalent instead of the fries and burger combo). I started a new job 2 months ago and have been working crazy hours and my fast-food/ take-out intake has increased about to about 4 times a week! I will have many goals to accomplish in the next few months but I will start with this one. I really think this site will help, it's always nice to know your not alone!

gabwill
09-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Welcome Kit! I know that is a challenge for me too. I hadn't eaten any fast food in about a month but gave into nuggets last night. :hun: I am a bit disappointed in myself but it was only once I don't plan on doing it again.

As far as today I went, I didn't take the day off. :tread: I did my 3 miles and still have a little energy left although my daughter is starting to drain it from me now. I am alos drinking plenty of water. That is kind of hard for me to do but that is alright since it is getting done and that is all for day 3. The rest of the afternoon is to rest... hopefully. :dancer:

derrydaughter
09-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi guys.... not sure if I'm really day four or day one. I'll let you guys decide!
I am still "on program", I guess, and that was my challenge to stay on program for an entire 10 days. If one gets 35 flex points a week, being on program includes using some of those, but NOT going over the allocated amount? ;)
We went out to dinner last night and I had foods that are not WW Core foods, but counted them as some of my 35 flexpoints a week. I still have 8 flexpoints left until my Tuesday weigh in, and used 14 last night. :devil:
So, I guess I am still doing ok on my challenge?
I can't even remember if today is day 4 or 5, have lost track! :?:
Linda in NH

lauren2pink
09-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Linda - I certainly think you can count that as staying "on program" as long as you don't go over you flex-points later.

Kit - What a great goal - I hope you make it!

Gabrielle - SOunds great as always!

I'm now 30% of the way there, having completed day three. I went to the gym and not only did my 30 minutes of cardio, but took an hour long yoga class as well! I was quite proud of myself and feel GREAT! (now only if I can keep that determination up!)

Good luck to all - keep pushing forward!!!

redballoon
09-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Den, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it!! :cp: :cp: :bravo: :encore: :encore: :bravo:
:cp: :cp:

You're a winner!! and what a challenge, a three-way mega challenge!! Wow!! Again, congrats!!

NCsmurfette
09-12-2004, 08:43 PM
I have completed day 4!! Took my neice and nephew to the movies and even passed up all the popcorn and candy there. I snuck in some celery and carrot sticks to munch on. Otherwise my only road block right now is the boyfriend. I don't think he is on my side on this weight loss journey. Yes he can lose some weight, but he doesn't care about it like I do. It's not that he stops me he just doesn't support me. I think if I can make it past his little hurdles I can make it past anything right now.

Looks like everyone is going strong and doing good. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

MNJ --congrats on your loss!! Hopefully tomorrow I will be moving on my way too.
DENA --congrats on finishing your 10 days!! Are you keeping the same challenge?

GABWILL --your doing a good job, keep going strong and the 10 days will go in no time. How do you like doing taebo? I used to love it, but I only had 2 videos, so I got bored with it. Maybe I will pull it out and start it again.

TRIEDITALL --is your challenge getting fruit? It helped me to chop up my fruit and put it on top of my cereal, yogurt, or cottage cheese. Maybe that will help you.

REDBALLOON --tomorrow is a new day and I am sure you will feel soo much better once you start you 10 days again. I am kinda new to this, but when I get stressed and feel like eating I take a quick walk with my bottle of water to calm down. And usually that take the hunger away. We are cheering for you because we know you can do it :cheer:

KIT --welcome!! Fast food was such a convenience for me too!! Since I started working out every day (only like 30-45 mins) I have found more energy to be able to cook meals. So now I cook dinner every night and freeze a little bit so if I am ever needing a meal in a rush I pop the left overs in the microwave. That way I still eat on track and it is quick. It might be hard, but once you make it past 10 days it will be a breeze.

SORRY IF I LEFT ANYBODY OUT.

hopefully day 5 will be just as easy as the rest. I am doing the one week weigh-in tomorrow (couldn't do it today because I slept in :D ).

stayathomemom
09-13-2004, 02:32 AM
I am new to the board but I am going to jump right in on this challenge!! I am going to go with the water this time around. I was drinking enough of it when the weather was hot but I have really slacked off lately. So its 64oz. a day starting tomorrow!!
This is a great way to start!!!!! I will have to pick something different next time around and just keep going with it.

Lucia-1
09-13-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi,

Early evening on day 9, and I'm still going strong :dancer: . I have had such a busy weekend, despite thinking it was going to be a nice, relaxing one. I went out to dinner Saturday and lunch on Sunday and have kept within my points allowance :) , I even got out of bed before my alarm went off this morning and went for a walk.

Red - Belated congratulations on completing your first challenge, and good luck with the second round.

Stayathomemom - Welcome! You will find a lot of support and encouragment from this wonderful group :) .

Smurfette - :bravo: for passing on the popcorn at the movies.

To everyone else, keep going. Have a great day!

redballoon
09-13-2004, 09:14 AM
OK, people. I'm wrapping up R2D1!! That's Round 2 Day 1 and I'm back off the sugar. Yup, same challenge just continuing on (after three days of gluttony, can you picture a kid with no limits and a giant bag of Halloween candy? Well, add in ice cream and cookies and you have me). Oh well, it was great fun. Today I was in the store and thinking, oh, heck, I'll just start the challenge tomorrow. Things were the same old same old at work and I was so down and blah, blah, blah, I remembered what it says in my signature below "If not now, when?" which is really supposed to be a very zenlike view of life but here I'm using it to stop my hand from going to my mouth so much. . and, yeah, well, I was saying, I stopped myself from putting it off again. You see this is what my gluttony does, how I use it to say, You, sweetheart, have had enough! and even I have to say, you know, I have!! So then it's back on the wagon. Yowza!! :dizzy:

Lucia -- wow! :sunny: You are almost there! :joker: It's soooo great!! And that walk, great stuff girl. Staying within you points despite eating out. Super job! OK, I'm waiting to see you over the finish line. Keep it up! :strong:

stayathome -- welcome!! :wave: Lots of water challengers with us. You can do it too! I'm one of those people who absolutely LOVES water so I never have a problem (I do drink only mineral water though) but if that's what is your sticking spot then this is the place for you. Good luck!! :dance:

smurf -- Great post! Thanks! and thanks for the support. Yes, I did feel better today back on my challenge. It wasn't easy but it wasn't hard. I almost put it off again but then decided against it. Heh, really tough if the boyfriend's not supporting you. Maybe it's time to ditch him, what do you think?!?! :rofl: When you melt into that svelte you and are turning heads all over the place you can bet he's going to be trying to stick pies, donuts and double dip sundaes at you but heh, this is about you, feeling good, looking good, and taking what you deserve for your own and that something is the BEST!! you can find. Never, ever, ever, sell yourself short, OK??!! You can do this. Keep it up! Excellent going, by the way with the veggie sticks at the movie. Now, that is awesome. Took planning. Took preparation. Looks like you mean business!! :yes:

lauren -- (that's my sister's name, by the way) :bravo: on the exercise. Great workout, cardio AND yoga. What kind of cardio do you do? I like the treadmill, jogging, with spurts where I feel like an Olympic athlete!! :tread: Keep it up! :cheer:

Hi derry -- Oh, definitely, you're still on. I'm not too clued in on WW but if flexpoints are part of it then you are "on program" sure as I can reckon!! :flow1: Keep going. You're just about halfway. No turning back, no tripping up now. Go for gold!! :encore:

gab -- Congrats on Day 3. Sounds good to me too. Three miles is nothing to sneeze at. Great job! Keep it up!! :flow2:

Kit -- welcome!! :wave: You've come to the right place. This is where it all starts, every day, over and over again. You're not behind. There is no start or finish. Everyone is on different days. Some of us (including myself :smug: ) are on Round 2. I took some days off but others are going right through without a break it looks like! :o Fast food is gross stuff, man! You've made a good choice to banish it from your life!! Go for it!! and good luck!! :cheer:

Others out there, hope to hear from you soon!! :write:

Ciao!! :spin:

derrydaughter
09-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Well, here I am at day FIVE, then! Thanks for your opinions. I am DONE with all my flexpoints for the week, which means I have to be especially good today! No problem I get weighed tomorrow and I am always at my best the day before, anyway!
I have no idea if I will have a loss tomorrow, but I know it will come off eventually, that's the most important thing for me to hang on to. My scale and the WW scale are always different and my weight can fluctuate so much in a day, who knows?
You all are so enthusiastic and doing so well! Way to go guys!
I am going to try, starting tomorrow, I think, to do a "journal" for you guys of what I am eating and maybe we can share things like that a bit? Red, maybe having to report what you are eating (not sugar!) will make you more accountable?
By the way, have you had your blood sugar checked? Anyone else? If a person binges on sugar products, I keep wondering if that is some underlying thing going on healthwise?
I binge too, but it's not all sugar, sometimes it things like chips, cheese or pretzels that set me off. Depends on the day. I'm not as into sugar as I am chocolate!
Anyway, my next challenge, if I get this one finished is to begin a different form of exercise that I can look forward to. I am getting bored with my work out tapes and my treadmill. I have to look forward to my exercise to stick with it. But, I hate sports! Any ideas?
Linda in NH

laura_on_a_bike
09-13-2004, 10:28 AM
i havent checked in in a couple of days. day four and five are done. i think i might actually make it this time. this is the farthest that i've gotten. im already planning my next ten day challenge. hopefully something that wont take 30 days to finish. hahah.

way to go everyone on their second challenge. gotta keep going while the momentum is good.

gabwill
09-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Well Day 4 is almost done for me even though it isn't even 7am yet. I was able to get up a run this morning. I only did 1.5 miles but that is very good for me since a few weeks ago I couldn't even do 1/4th of a mile without losing my breath. I am working towards going 3 miles nonstop within a month but that is a different challenge....
After my run I still had some energy to do my power90 sweat2 tape (45-50 minutes there. I still have to go and walk my 3 miles but that will be once Jasmine is up and fed. I did drinkalmost 36 ounces of water so far and I haven't even really started my day

NCSmurfette- good job on passing up the snacks. I would have taken alot out of me to do that. And, yes, I do love taebo. I am working towards doing the advanced workout within the next two weeks. As far as now, I have the Instructional, Basic (the one I am doing), Advanced, and 8 minute tapes. I like it so much and when I saw that he came out with another one (saw the informercial) I want that one as soon as I am done with these. I will go back to these but will need a bit of variety in about 2 months.

Redballoon- I didn't mean to sound like I was talking down on 3 miles. I just meant that I could have done more at the time... atleast I felt that I could have.

Lauren- good job on the cardio and yoga! Seems like you are keeping on track also! Keep up the good work!

Den@
09-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Hey everyone,
I just got finished doing 30 minutes on the treadmill and am now on my 5th glass of water. Weekends are always a challenge for me, but on Sat. and Sun. I tried to be more careful than usual due to our 10 day goal. It sure helps to know I'm not alone in trying.

Smurf, you did great at the movies! Congrats to you. Keep up the great work. When you feel like your not getting enough support, remember we're cheering you on.

gab, I'm super impressed with your exercise routine. It gives me motivation to do more exercise. Good job.

laura, kudos to you for completing day 4.

derry, congrats on staying within your points this week.

Red, good luck this week.

Let's keep at it.

chiquitita
09-13-2004, 04:10 PM
yes that sounds reasonable. i always set myself goals that are so far away in time that i end up forgetting abou them!
ten day s from NOW (well i kind of just finished bingeing on bread, butter and jelly), i will be at least 2.5 kilos lighter.
i will do south beach ph1.
exercise every day, drink water. :devil:

trieditall...almost
09-13-2004, 08:19 PM
HOORAY FOR DEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cb:
RED!!! - WAY TO EGT BACK ON BOARD!!!! :dancer:

I'm terrible about listing y'all seperately...you/we should all be so proud of ourselves!

Red, the apple incident. I am shall we say not so fond of apples...I try, I swear! It's just not my favorite fruit by a long shot. But it was all I had in the house. (Way to get on board with a house empty of fruit?! :?: )
I just couldn't take another bite...so I gave it wings. Found grapes...bought fruit that day.
The fruit is still doing okay. But I've got to be honest...There are no benefits as of yet. I am still shoveling the empties in. SO!!!

Insiped by Kit...NO FAST FOOD FOR 10 DAYS. This is going to be much harder, but sometimes that's easier for me to stick to. The stricter the better...(thanks mom ;) )

Smurff- thanks for the tip, I was doing the cereal thing...but I'm just friuty'ed out. BY the way I love your pic. you chose...I walk around feeling like that everyday!

L.O.A.B.- Keep up the effort, I heard it's worth it in the end...I'll let you know for sure when I get there.

OKay gals..y'all keep moving, keep drinkin', stop snackin' and keep up the hard work.
Kit- i will follow close behind.... :coach: " NO fast Food!" :coach: "No Fast Food!" :coach: "No fast Food"!

Deftones Chick
09-13-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm in... today is day one of my challenge and it is to walk a mile a day, do 200 jump rope rotations and 40 squats. :strong:

lauren2pink
09-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Well, day four is done for me. I only did 15 minutes of cardio and a 45 minute yoga class - down from yesterday, but still well within my goal.

Keep up the good work everyone!

NCsmurfette
09-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Yes the title is correct, I am starting over. I found out today that I have been calculating my points wrong (OHH NOO). Yeah, but the good news is that I still remained the same. So I kinda look at it that I just jumped ahead of myself a little bit...I learned to maintain before I learned to loose :D . Since I was not doing it correctly (as my challenge was to do) I am going to start over. So day 1 of staying on points has been a success!!

Let me start off welcoming all of our new people: Stayathomemom, deftoneschick, and Chiquitita --Good luck all of you. This is an excellent group to join. As you can see if you ever need any support or advise remember that we are here for you. :grouphug:

LUCIA -- Way to go...Only 1 more day left!! :high:

REDBALLOON -- great you decided to jump on it and not put it off for another day!! I wished I would have done that a year ago...mmm *imagining where I would be now* Just keep that positive quote in your head and days will roll by smoothly. As for the boyfriend...well...I don't mind that much any more, I have started thinking about how much more I will feel that I have accomplished doing it on my own then with someone forcing me. A way better feeling.

DERRY -- WOW half way there...now you can start counting down the days and it will be soo much easier to stay on track. I too get bored with my work outs if I don't change them up. luckily my gym has an indoor pool, so I got to take a refreshing break from my work out and took a swim on Sunday.

LAURA -- Way to go...you are half way there also. Just think instead of 10 days to go only 5!!

GAB -- You are a good runner. Funny thing is that I alway dream that I am a runner. I have always wanted to be able to run, but I am short and overweight, so running has been hard for me. That is one of my long term goals that I look forward to. I have been hearing a lot of good things about the walk away the pounds video. Have you tried this? I decided to buy it tonight and try it out.

DENA --thanks for the support. I probably would have gave up the whole weight loss thing by now (as I usually would have) if it had not been for this site. Remember that I am always here cheering for you too!!

TRIEDITALL -- Fruit has been hard for me also, so when you complete this challenge you will have to fill me in on any tips you learn so I can become a pro like you!!

LAUREN -- You are doing an awesome job at your challenge. Keep up the good work!!

DAY# 2 HERE I COME!!

Marti
09-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone!

My 10 days are done!!! Yeehaw!!

I would do individuals....but I had my first official day at work today and I'm tired. It's been a 1 1/2 yrs. since I've worked...so it's hard to get used to getting up early!

smurfette--I have the hardest time reading your post since the font is sooo small....would it be ok if you made it a little bigger?

Ok ladies...I'm going to take a two day break....need to get used to my schedule at work. But I WILL be back.

You're all doing a great job!!! Keep up the good work.

Take care

gabwill
09-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Well now that it is the end of day 4 I am so thrilled. Today has been too long. Tomorrow I get to sleep in since my husband will have Jasmine while I exercise. That'll be in the morning once I decide to get out of bed. Don't know how that will go but I know that tomorrow's routine lasts for almost 2 hours (not counting the walk that I do). Today I did do my 3 miles in additition to what I wrote earlier and I drank more then 60 oz but I am not sure exactly how much more.

Den@- I am happy that I motivate you. Hopefully when I don't feel too motivated anymore you can help me out.

Smurfette- I am only5'2 and I am able to run. I mean, it can be in your future if you chose it. Also, I haven't tried the WATP videos but I have heard alot of good things about it and alot of people have lost weight with it. I have a friend out here who is experimenting with it. I just like the walk outside and that way I can have my daughter with me without any worries.

stayathomemom
09-14-2004, 04:27 AM
I made it through day 1 without floating away!!!! I drank my 64oz. of water, but boy it wasn't easier. Hopefully it will get easier as the days go by. Those last 2 glasses about did me in. If the weather is nice tomorrow I am planning on getting a walk in as my exercise for the day (I will bring my water along!!).

My computer is being funny so I am going to send this before I lose it again (already retyped it twice now).

laura_on_a_bike
09-14-2004, 10:31 AM
day six is done. im getting excited.

congrats to everyone else for doing so well.

Den@
09-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!
I'm happy to report this is day 2, round 2. My challenge today is that I have a luncheon meeting to go to and tomorrow we go out to dinner for my hubby's birthday. I plan on staying under 1400 cals. Wish me luck. I have a busy day today, but I promise to get my exercise in somehow.

Laura, congrats on day 6.

Stay, congrats on drinking your water. it gets easier.

Gab, I'm dusting off my exercise video tape in your honor, in addition to my regular treadmill routine. You go, girl! :)

MNJ, good luck with your new job. Don't let it stress you too much. (Easy to say, hard to do.) :)

Smurf, good luck at weight watchers and your next weigh in.

Trieditall, Thank you for your support. I've given up fast food. too. We can do this. I've learned that they put additives in processed foods to make you want to eat more. It's all about the fast food industry making profits.

Red, keep us the great work in not eating sugar.

Good luck to everyone else. Gotta run.
Hugs to all.

trieditall...almost
09-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Day one: If Starbucks is not fast food, then I'm off to agood start!

Have a good day Den... 1400 might be rough socially, but you can do it your a pro at this remember?!

Gab- way to go with the work outs!!

LOAB- yeah for you! 4 to go

S.T.A.H. M.- treat yourself to a fancy bottle of water sometimes! It can be a fun treat! I bought a RIDICULOUS 6$ :lol3: bottle of water the other day. I was so thirsty, and there was only this goofy boutique/ cafe place where I was. The bottle was aybe 32oz, I drank every drop. no way was I going to waste that water. It was kind of fun and silly drinking from such a hoity toity thing, but who cares...I got 32 oz in me and I convinced my self it tasted AMAZING!

MNJ- congrats on the new job. Don't snack to ease the stress or worse...don't eat socially with your new co-workers the garbage that you might other wise pass up...just for the sake of being social.
Smurff- don't forget your water. It really helps when watching the points. When i tried WW, I heard the tip of sitting down before each meal to write it out and calculate your points before you eat, AND the key was to drink a large glass/bottle of water while you write. It did work for me, I got rid of about 16 lbs. Obviously, I went and found them again, since my sign is "tried it all".
By the way, I haven't really chatted about any kind o' history... I'm 35, this yr.
CW 179
GW 140
ht 5'4
Once lived the life of a toned 150 pounder...that was nice. It happened about 4 years ago. Ofcourse those were the days of ephedra:genie:. Glad I lived to tell about it.
Sometimes, most mornings...when my feet hit the floor, I wake up with the feeling of treading water, with 40 pounds attached to my legs.:tired: I'm so tired of this weight.
It's nice to to have a place to put those feelings, y' know. Thanks y'all.
Have a great day everyone:wave

gabwill
09-14-2004, 08:04 PM
First of all. Day 5 was hard. I am calling it in before 4pm. I am so exhausted. I didn't manage to sleep in this morning. My daughter got us up at 5 and she ussually isn't up until 8-9. I did do my circuit training and taebo but nothing else. I am coming down with a cold which usually happens about now in a new workout for me. After my husband went to the gym and was very sore for the day, I decided to get him to bring Jasmine in another room. Helped me since he also did the housework (except in the livingroom where I workout) Once I stopped Taebo I knew that I was done for the day. I took a shower took medicine and went back to bed. He is off to work so here I am up again. I just wanted to hide though. I knew that this would happen so I shouldn't be complaining. I won't stop my workout but I will slow it down a little. I cut out my 3 mile walk and pilates for today. I may substitute tomorrows run with pilates and a walk (no telling how long the walk will be though). Or I may do pilates before bed to stretch a little. It may do my sleep good so I think that this is what I will do. Anyway...

SAHM- good job on your water intake.

Laura- good job with day 6 and good luck with day 7

Den@- Thanks for inspiring me. I may just do my run tomorrow and not slow down too much. Good luck with the Taebo! As you know, it is real fun!

Tried- thanks for the encouragement!

Oh and I almost forgot. I am drinking lots of water but I gave myself a little treat... I am drinking alittle soda but it just doesn't seem to be right nor taste the same so I don't think I will be doing this again for a while.

lauren2pink
09-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Well, even though I'm feeling totally crummy today, I made it through day five. I did 25 minutes of cardio and took an hour yoga class as usual. This yoga class was with a different instructor and I really loved it. It actually made me feel a little better though my throat is still killing me. I'm 1/2 way there and going strong!

Gabwill - sorry you had a tough day. Keep pushing through. You can do it - just take it one day at a time and do SOMETHING. I find (like today) that if I can just get started, it is easier than I thought it would be to finish up my workout.

Everyone else - keep up the good work!

redballoon
09-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Hi there people. I made it through R2D2 OK and it's now Day 3. I actually had a dream last night where I was eating candy bars and cookies out of the refrigerator (there are none in there in real life!) and I was thinking afterward (in my dream), oh no! I forgot I was doing the challenge. Now I have to start over again. Oh well, I was only on Day 2. But then, after waking up this morning I realized it had been a dream! Is that weird or what?!! Well, it is actually Day 3 and I'm determined not to eat sugar today either. Even though everything seems to be falling apart in my life I can and will do this! :dance:

lauren -- :bravo: for getting through Day 5!! :dancer: definitely hear you on the feeling crummy part but if you can do cardio and yoga you're doing A-OK! I hope you get better soon. How's your throat feeling today?

gab -- Congrats on Day 5. Sure hope you're feeling better as well. Remember, if your challenge is exercise, you have to listen to your body. Any exercise is OK as long as you know you're taking care of yourself. Good luck! :sunny:

trieditall -- I think you have to answer the Starbucks question. I mean, maybe not fast food, but if you're eating cakes and cookies I wouldn't call that good food. What are you eating? The Starbucks here I think have sandwiches and stuff. Don't know what they have in Texas. What exactly are you eating? Fast food, as far as I'm concerned, is greasy hamburgers, deep-fried fish or chicken burgers, fries, shakes, sodas, that kind of stuff, full of fat, no nutrition, white bread, high calorie fatty sauces, you get the picture, right. I mean, just because someone serves you something quickly doesn't make it fast food, right? They could throw an apple at you pretty quickly but . . . :rolf: Good luck! Oh, I like the water tip. Yeah, why not pay a bundle for something exotic sometimes. You can pretend you're off in whatever land it came from while you're drinking it. Saves air fare! Oh heh, what was ephedra like? Is it like caffeine, giving you an energy boost that then screws around with your body like caffeine does? So, it's banned now? Sorry, being over here has me out of a lot of the things in the States.

Den -- hope you made it through R2D2 OK. How'd it go? :flow1: Thanks for the encouragement.

laura -- :bravo: on Day 6! You should be excited. And, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but looking at your stats I see you've lost 65 lbs already! Now, that's some major success we're talking! Congratulations! Keep it up. You're almost at your goal.

stayathome -- welcome!! :wave: Congrats on a successful Day 1! I guess the key to getting in the water is to start early and try to get through it as soon as possible so you're not stuck with having to force down buckets later in the day. Hope you enjoyed your walk! Good luck and hope to hear lots from you. Washington, by the way, is that D.C. or the state?

MNJ -- :bravo: :cp: :cp: :encore: :encore: :cp: :cp: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it!! Way to go!!
Hope to see you back here with another round!! Best of luck on your new job.

smurf! -- So sorry to hear you're starting over, but it's really no loss is it? Like you said, you were maintaining which is ultra important. I wouldn't really think you need to start over there since your mistake was not intentional. Thanks for the great post and for your encouragement to me. Yes, that's a good quote to keep remembering, about where I could be in a year from now if I just pay attention to the moment in front of my nose now!! Well, cool that you're cool with the boyfriend but being supportive and forcing someone are quite different. Change is hard for everyone, including those who are involved with the people doing the actual changing. Maybe your success will be contagious and your boyfriend will not be afraid of it. After all, if ice cream sundaes have always made you happy I guess you can't blame him for thinking they'll still make you happy! Good luck. Oh, heh, like MNJ suggested, can you please make your posts bigger. I can't read them at all unless I copy the text and blow it up. The font you're using is small to begin with but you must have it down to a tiny size on top of that. Please take pity on us older folks whose eyesight is failing!!! :rofl:

deftones -- A big welcome to you too! :wave: That sounds like a mega challenge. How's it going? Please keep us posted. :spin:

chiquitita -- hello there! So you have a triple challenge as well, right? staying OP, exercising every day and drinking water, right? I wouldn't set a 2.5 kg weight loss goal for 10 days though. That's a lot (5.5 lbs)! But maybe you can do it, maybe not. The important thing is sticking to your plan and then seeing where that took you. Good luck! :cb:

derry -- How's it going? Did you get through 5 OK? Good attitude with the scale loss. The fat will melt off if you stick to your plan. I've stopped weighing myself simply because I was getting too hooked into the numbers and ignoring what I was putting in my mouth. I'm still not back on any sort of plan other than not eating sugar but that helps a lot! I haven't had my blood sugar checked because I'm sure I'm just very susceptible to sugar. My mother was. I just figure I already know I am so it's important for me to be careful about the sugar and that's why I'm off it. My bingeing, however, I know is mostly emotional and mostly just because I'm an all-or-nothing type in everything I do. I could stop if I wanted to. It's just that usually I'm just giving myself the go-ahead, beating myself up over something or just allowing the frustrations of life to be expressed in something I'd done since adolescence. The binges are nothing like they used to be and yes, there is something going on healthwise, like being overworked, underslept and not eating enough healthful foods. :( Gotta try to find that balance and put the good things in my life. By the way, when you said, you're not into sugar as much as you are chocolate? I don't understand. Aren't those one in the same? Or do you mean the taste of chocolate? Hmm. Exercise for someone who hates sports? That's a tough one. I suppose it's what you consider something. If you think of the skill involved in some sort of movement then maybe you won't think of it as a sport. I ride horses but never think of it as exercise, though it's a ton of exercise. Maybe dance. Have you thought of taking modern dance, jazz dance or perhaps learning a martial art or tai chi. Or just simple bike riding, out in the fresh air on some country path?

OK, everybody. Good luck. All you who've disappeared en route, come on back!! The more the merrier! Start small if you have to. You can do this!

synn1977
09-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Hey Vets and Newcomers alike...I swear I didn't forget about you, just settling into my promotion, and getting used to feeling like I have been hit by a MACK truck. :rofl:

Anyway....I went a bit off track with my water on Saturday and Sunday, but alas I started anew on Monday and actually drank 120 oz, and as of right now I am only 16 oz. short of my goal, that will be gone at bed time...I tend to hydrate myself so that I do not have to get up a million times while sleeping to get a drink.

I had my second official weigh in today, and while I only lost 1 lb, I still lost so I am happy.

I also finally got a pedometer, that I wear everwhere, and that is helping me to meet a personal fitness goal. On top of that I won (on eBay) The Firm 2 with the fanny lifter and sculpting stick, which will be used until the tapes die...gotta get a 3rd VCR though so that I can make my little workout space in the basement! I am also looking into Leslie Sansone's WATP for the winter as there are no indoor tracks close to me that are available when I would normally walk.

So anyway....congratulations to those who have made it and bon chance to those who are on their way....R2D2 has been a success!

SKYFIREFLY
09-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Hello everyone! I haven't been checking in much but I have to say I have been meeting my challenge of using the stairs and not the elevator at work. Yesterday I had lunch up stairs while everyone else jumped the elevator I did the 3 flights of stairs and again on the way down. Those young girls just laughed and said meet yah downstairs. No problem and off I went. I haven't take the elevator only once and thats because I was with only one other coworker and she has CP and I didn't want her to feel funny if I took the stairs. But I have to say after the first few days my butt hurt using the muscles I guess! Hah Hah! Well I wt. in on Fridays used to do it more often but thats the day for now and its much better to do only 1 time a week I think. Not much walking or gym exercise this week. I had dropped a jar from the top shelf of the ref. sunday and bruised my top of the foot. No real shoes yet only sandals. We will see today if I can wear sneakers? I have a all day conference which includes lunch I will try to eat healthy but there is such good food it will be hard. I haven't eaten breakfast because they usually have something there. To be sure I will pack an apple. Does anyone know some info. on the Core diet? I keep reading so many people seem to be on it? Is it just another fad? I tend to do my own thing a South Beach mixed with a bit of just doing what I think is healthy. I've been maintaining what I've lost and know if I really was watching closer I'd lose more. But thats the hard part making sure we eat only healthy right? I do good with my water intake, breakfast and usually lunch it the evening which gets a bit tough.If goodies are in the house chips or if I bake cookies for the kids its hard. I don't do it often but when I do their hard to resist. I have to start to read or knit to keep my hands occupied. Talk to you all soon and any advice would be welcomed!
Skyfirefly

laura_on_a_bike
09-15-2004, 09:53 AM
day 7 is down. my husband has been home sick for a few days and that has made it so much easier to stick to it. no eating out, i can stick to a schedule. i stopped snacking at work by chewing on gum constantly. you think twice about popping something into your mouth if you've got a peice of gum in there.

congrats to everyone else who is doing well. i think i might start a water challenge next. i've been doing my own little one but i need a more consistent water intake.

red balloon- i lost 75 pounds about 2 years ago. i gained 10 pounds back and decided that for the time being i was happt with my sucess. now im ready to go all the way and complete my mission if you will. the " break" i took from it all wasnt nearly as much fun as i thought it would be and i am much happier now that i am back on track.

stayathomemom
09-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I missed checking in on my 2nd day (that was yesterday) but I did make it through!! I am off to a good start with my 3rd day of drinking my water. Sometimes its hard to stop and drink when I get busy but I just have to remind myself that its time for some water. It is getting a little easier to do and I am sure I will keep it up even after the challenge is over.
I am very happy to say that in the 4 days that I have been on the sugarbusters way of eating, I have lost 5 pounds! lol I bet it has to something to do with all the water I am drinking. :balloons:
I want to say congratulations to all those who are sticking with the challenge. Don't get discouraged if you miss a day, just start right back up and keep going with it. We can all do this!!! :grouphug:

Den@
09-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys,
What day is this? :dizzy: Oh, yeah, day 3, round 2. All my days are running together lately. Tonite we go out to dinner for my hubby's birthday. I also had a birthday cake delivered to his job. I just wanted to do something nice for him. I guess it worked, because he just called and said he was surprised and all his coworkers enjoyed the cake.

I did great at yesterday's lunch meeting. Only ate half of my chicken and rice. Exercised 1 1/2 hrs. yesterday, too. Today I only did 30 minutes this morning. I'll get on the treadmill as soon as I send this. My weight isn't budging lately, but my pants do fit better. :)

Stay, congrats on losing 5 lbs.!

Laura, I'm chewing gum right now, so yes it helps.

Sky, wow, I'm impressed with your stair climbing!

Synn, excellent idea about getting a pedometer.

Red, that dream seemed real to me, too. Glad it was just a dream.

gab, sorry you're under the weather.

Gotta run. Major success to everyone else.
Hugs, Dena :cool:

NCsmurfette
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey everybody...have to do a quick post today (having a busy week). I have been successful for day 2 and 3. Did my WATP video and really liked it, so I am going to continue on that. And my points have been right on track!! Have not went over yet (even had a company lunch today and stayed on track).

Good job everyone, keep up the good work!!

stayathomemom
09-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Ncsmurfette I have a question for you. Is the video you are using called Walk Away The Pounds? I am hoping that is what the abbreviation is or I am going to look really silly. :dizzy:
The reason I am asking is because I found a walk away the pounds video at the library and really liked it but I haven't been able to find it in any stores so far. So I was going to ask you where if you got yours, if it is the same video that I am talking about.
Ok I am going to get another glass of water and start to make dinner. Thanks for your help!!

derrydaughter
09-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi all! Sorry I have been missing in action. I'm excited about a new project and when that happens, I get really immersed in it! I'm heading up a quilt group to make quilts for the families of soldiers who have died in Iraq or Aghanistan (sp?) and I am getting people all over the country to make quilt blocks for these quilts! I can't wait to get started.
At any rate, weigh in yesterday went "ok", I lost .8, nothing great but I will take any loss! I am now on Day FIVE of this challenge.... trying hard!
Linda

trieditall...almost
09-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Just a quick check in! Survived day 2. I did not eat any garbage at Satbucks just coffe and a non-fat one at that. Lot's o salads today. Gotta run!

gabwill
09-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Feeling alot better today. After I wrote yesterday I took a long nap and it seems like that is what I needed... sleep. My throat still is a little sore but I have lots of energy. I did my power90 video today and am drinking lots of water. I also did some grocery shopping and have got alot of healthier food in the house. I figured that eating every 3 hours helped before so will eat like that and have fruits and veggies to help out. That was right after I had my daughter and couldn't work out so dropped 10 lbs fast that way. Other then that, I haven't done much. I forgot the stroller in the car so can't go walking but that is alright. I have done enough for now.

Lauren- I am sorry you were feeling bad also. Hope you feel better too.

Red- thanks. I did listen to my body and take a rest yesterday and am feeling a lot better but decided to take it easy today anyway.... I didn't go running this morning like I planned but slept in instead. It is helping. Hopefully by tomorrow I am 100% better. Yeah, that is a strange dream. I guess you are craving it though. Good luck on no sugar today!

Skyfirefly- Good job on taking th stairs. That would be hard for me to do everyday. And sorry to hear about your swollen foot. Hope that it is back to normal soon. I don't know anything of the core diet but I have been hearing lots of good things about it. Sorry that I can't be of any help.

Dena- Good job on the exercise! And thanks, I am feeling better.

Well that is my day 6. Have a good evening everyone!

lauren2pink
09-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Well, I'm still feeling pretty bad - sore throat and all congested, but I did cardio and yoga again today so I'm still on track - day 6 is done!

synn1977
09-16-2004, 02:43 AM
hey all...just a quickie before bed. Got in all but two cups of water...oops hold on, glug glug glug, ok now i got it all plus an additional cup. I absolutely love my water i just have a hard time remembering it sometimes....so this will hopefully be a successful challenge for me.

On to R2D4

SKYFIREFLY
09-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi all! Sorry I have been missing in action. I'm excited about a new project and when that happens, I get really immersed in it! I'm heading up a quilt group to make quilts for the families of soldiers who have died in Iraq or Aghanistan (sp?) and I am getting people all over the country to make quilt blocks for these quilts! I can't wait to get started.
At any rate, weigh in yesterday went "ok", I lost .8, nothing great but I will take any loss! I am now on Day FIVE of this challenge.... trying hard!
Linda

Linda,
I don't have a lot of extra time lately but I'd be happy to at take a look and try to make some blocks for you. This project sounds so good nice of you to be so involved in it.
Skyfirefly

SKYFIREFLY
09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Yesterday was an all day conference at Holiday Inn so no stairs. I hurt my top of my foot on sunday and still can't wear sneakers. I dropped a jar from the top of the ref. onto my foot. How dumb! Oh well! At any rate a can walk but limited to what shoes. Only open face sandals are working because of the bruising.
Today, I am trying to stay on track with eating as on friday its out for crab legs. My birthday was a couple of months ago and the girls and I will finally go celebrate. I figure it I eat the legs with out butter or only a little it won't be so bad? I only get this chance once a year if that so I will be enjoying myself. Thank God I do my wt. in the a.m. then I have all weekend to try and reverse my damage if any! Balance they say well we will see. Future planning I am being very good today and will for the weekend after my time out!
Gotta go I have lots to do since I was away from my office yesterday.
Oh I lost track of how many days I have done this. I guess I should of kept track?
Skyfirefly

redballoon
09-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone. I'm wrapping up I think Day 4! Hurrah for me. No problem at all. Even got back to the gym today. First time in 11 days. I've just been too busy and too down about things. But maybe things have taken a turn, at least emotionally. Here's to 6 more days of success!

No time to write to you all tonight. Congrats to everyone who's moved on with another down chalked up to success. Best of luck and I'll be checking in soon again. Keep up the good work!!

derrydaughter
09-16-2004, 09:39 AM
DAY FIVE!!!! I'm going for this....
Even if I am busy, I must make time for ME! If I fail and lose my stamina and health, my family, my projects, and everything will suffer!!!!!
I think that is my motto for today, Make time to exercise and eat right, Make time for those I love, Make time to get everything that is an "A" priority done (not the Bs and Cs), and then the day will be a success!
Wishing you all the same!
Skyfirefly, sent you a private message regarding your offer to make quilt block! Thanks so much!
Just to clarify, there is a movement among quilters in the USA that is spreading fast. One person in CA started making quilts for the families of every solder that died in the state of CA. Word spread and soon people have come forward with offers to do the same in their own states. I am "the one" who has come forward in my beloeved state of NH. I will gather blocks (and am doing quite well getting volunteers to make what I need so far!!!!) and am gathering a group of local quilters at a church to put together the blocks and quilt these quilts! Three soldiers in the state of NH have died in Iraq and each of their families will have a quilt. All blocks will be signed by the maker showing city and state and these people will know that America appreciates them, their sacrifices and truly loves them. They will feel the love and caring of people they have never met and will never meet!
It's really a wonderful feeling. Such a sad thing. The first quilt we will finished will be for a US Army Air National Guardsman, age 43, who left a wife and three children. Nothing we can do can take away their pain, but we can give comfort and understanding and do something to truly show we are all suffering along with them and totally understand what they have been through.
I can do this!
Linda in NH, feeling powerful and strong!

laura_on_a_bike
09-16-2004, 11:47 AM
i made it through day 8. day nine will be a breeze.

Den@
09-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Just a quick note to say I did it to day 4, round 2. We went out to dinner last night and I stayed within 1400 cals for the day. I even exercised for an hour on the treadmill. Drank my 8 glasses of water, too. It would have been too easy to eat more of my hubby's slice of cake that they brought us, but I just had a little piece, then I stopped. Now that's a miracle. Usually once I get started I think I've blown it, so I keep eating. Not this time. I didn't want to mess up this challenge. :)
Hugs to all.

trieditall...almost
09-16-2004, 12:06 PM
:) Hey y'all I'm starting day 3! Yeah for me!! Sucess thus far feel good.
Linda, that project sounds wonderful. I am a quilter also and the peace that comes from sewing is something I miss. There just isn't room right now. Good for you to be doing such a wonderful thing. PS way to go on day 5! :D

Woo HOO on day 4 Red! Keep it up Girl :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

sky keep up workin'. :strong: I have little ones, and to keep my hands busy I have started making collages with old photos. i just couldn't keep the scrap booking thang' organized. This is more fun because when my boys are around they help me. since it's a collage I don't care if it's messy, and they have been taking pride in their effort. As a bonus i'm finally clearing out all of these boxes of photos! JUst a thought. Have a good day!

L2P- good for you girl it would be so much easier to toss in the towel feeling like crap :halfempty Stick with it congrats on day 6 and passing the halfway point!!

Gab- day 6 is a great success! You "sound" a bit down...try some old fashioned chicken soup :chicken: and don't push yourself too hard, or you'll just get sicker. Hang in There :hungry: Eat healthy and remember you're doing great!

:T MY DAD'S OLD FASHIONED CHICKEN SOUP:
One whole chicken ( giblets removed)
two whole onions, skin on, cut into 1/4s
big bunch celery, leaves on
5-6 carrots, tips trimmed
6-7 Roma tomatoes cut in 1/2
a lg bunch of itallian parsley, washed and torn
kosher salt and pepper corns ( about a tablespoon of each, adjust at the end)

Put all of this in the biggest pot you can find, like a lobster pot!
And cook for 6 hours
Strain it through a coolander, catching the broth. return to the big pot and add bits of your chicken, wipe the carrots with a paper towel to clean the skin, cut the into small discs, add celery also if you like and bit of the tomatoes. When it comes back to a boil, you can add some small pastas (pastina like stars or orzo, alphabets) serve with a bit of parm.
Curl up under a blanket and sit by your favorite window! Enjoy!!
(PS when I'm watching carbs, I leave the pastina out and make the chicken chunks big yum, yum! :hun: )

Have a great day every one!!
(I can be such a bad speller!!)

gabwill
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Well just a quick post since i read this. I want to thank you derrydaughter and sky for doing that. I don't know how I would have felt if my husband would have past away when he was out there. I know that it is a nice thing that ya'll are doing for the families though. I still have friends who are out there and some that are in afghanistan. It is horrible the feeling of worry. May have beenwhy I had may baby 13 weeks early but not sure. Anyway, thanks for that

gabwill
09-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh and tried, I am sorry. That does sound good I may have to try it but not sure yet since the only Chicken Soup that I do eat is my MIL's homemade. I don't really care for chicken soup but Ilove vegetable soup. Thanks though. And I amfeeling better

gabwill
09-16-2004, 11:02 PM
walked 5 miles today besides all that I posted earlier. And have only 2 more glasses of water to drink. That will be done before bed so that is good. That is my day 7 !!!

stayathomemom
09-16-2004, 11:59 PM
I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to post about my day 3 and 4. I drank all my water for both days and today I actually got on a treadmill. :tread: I didn't last as long as I would have liked but I figure that it is atleast a step in the right direction.
Its good to see so many of you keeping up with the challenge.

Tomorrow is another day of water and I hope I can stay on the treadmill just a little longer. I figure a little bit more each day and I will be on my way!!

Lucia-1
09-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been unable to check in on a regular basis, but I made it to day 10 of my first challenge on Tuesday :D . Feeling very proud of myself. I have had a read through the posts, and see that most of you are going well, keep it up!

I have a new 10-day challenge in mind, but thought I wouldn't start it until I could check back in with you. I read in a magazine that women who take 10,000+ steps per day, have 40% less body fat than women who take 6,000 or less per day. As I own a pedometer, that is my new 10-day challenge (as well as still sticking to my eating/exercise plan), to take 10,000 steps or more each day. I will post my daily steps to let you know how I'm doing. I did a test run on Tuesday, and reached 11,080!

Take care everyone!

lauren2pink
09-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Well, I barely squeeked by for day 7. I stayed home, but did about 25-30 minutes of yoga poses, crunches, and stretches here. I'm going to count that since I have done so much more than my set 30 minutes on a lot of the other days. Not great, but I will be back into a more normal routine tommorow. Today was the four year anniversary of when my husband and I started dating and he had off work, so my routine was really off - I'm going to cut myself some slack!

SKYFIREFLY
09-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Hello everyone you all are doing great! I have built in my stairs instead to the elevator deal ! I think now that its becoming more natural for me to just walk right to the stairs. So next Monday I will start a new 10 day challenge to go walking or exercising for at least 30 min. a day. This will be only if I can wear my sneakers my foot is still sore and I can't wear shoes or sneakers yet. I am ready to go out to buy a new pair of sandals getting bored wearing these ones everyday. Have a great weekend everyone!
Skyfirefly

derrydaughter
09-17-2004, 10:03 AM
DAY SIX..... wow, can't believe I've been "that good"! The question for me is can I make it through a weekend? Weekends and eating out are my biggest downfall!
I am a scale addict and the scale went down a pound this morning, but that is not saying next week's ww weigh in will be a good one.
It all depends on ME and how much I can put in to this. I can do it!
Linda in NH

Marti
09-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm back for round TWO!

I'm going to go ahead and do the exercise challenge again. It keeps me energized. And lately with the new job....I'm not doing much and I'm getting tired. So....heres to start off the second round with day 1.

Need to get to work...will chat with you all later!

redballoon
09-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Everyone, man, this place is hopping!! Great going all of you and thanks for checking in and keeping this thread ALIVE!! I get tingles thinking of all you out there keeping to your challenges and making fantastic saves and treating yourselves well.

I'm afraid I still can't address all you individually (Lucia though, major congrats on getting through to Day 10 :cp: :encore: :cp:!!!) and I will try to get in here and find some time soon. I am just SOOO busy.

Well, I made it through Day 5 without sugar and it was HARD!! But I did it, thanks to you all and this challenge.

Keep up the good work! Power on!! :strong:

gabwill
09-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Day 8 is done!!!
I did drink lots of water although I ate out for lunch and drank half of that soda but for all the water I drank that isn't bad. I also did atleast a mile of walking and 40 minute Power90 video

2 more days to go!!!

Den@
09-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Just a quick note to say I'm on day 5, round 2. That's fifteen days straight. Waaaa hooo!
Let's keep pressing on.
Hugs,

derrydaughter
09-18-2004, 09:56 AM
DAY SEVEN!
Going strong and hoping that dining our tonight won't blow my chances of making it to day 10!
I'm proud of myself for getting this far, though!
Linda

synn1977
09-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Helllllllllooooooo Ladies!

Well, I have made it through days 4 and 5 or 5 and 6....I have rather lost track of what day I am on as this just gets easier and easier each day. :smug:

But, I digress....everyone is doing so well, sticking to their goals even if they are not checking in everyday....PROUD OF EVERYONE

babytoes
09-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Sounds great! Today is my first day and already you all have totally blown my mind. I think I will go with two goals though for 10 days. 8 glasses of water daily, and my calorie intake should be from 1100-1400 daily.

gabwill
09-18-2004, 09:20 PM
well day 9 in done. I took a 30 minutes slow walk, did most of my taebo and 30 minutes of circuit training. I am not doing that well on the water intake but I have a few more hours so I can try to make up for that.

Marti
09-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Well I got day two done!! Doing a lot of walking on my lunch hour at work!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Den@
09-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Day 6, Round 2 done. :) Keep up the great work, everyone.

michelle y
09-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi :wave: I am new to this web site, its great. I think joining this thread is going to be good for me. Well, I have so many things I need to work on I don't know where to start. I just joined the YMCA and have been walking on the threadmill but I want to start running. So I will run at least 4 days a week. I can't say for how long yet, I will try 20 min of running :?: ( is that enough time? ) and the other 30 walking. 20 mins. of running is going to kick my butt. :dizzy: But I have to. I need to get my weight under control. Ok and my other goal is to drink 64 oz of h2o a day..
I am so glad I found this site. I already feel encouraged.
HEIGHT: 5' 2"
HW: 160
CW: 160
GW: 130

redballoon
09-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Hello all. Just wanted to report that I have secured Day 7!! Yes, it's in the bag. Well, I still have some hours left but there's no way I'm going to blow it now! Hurrah for me! :cp:

Hurrah for all you out there who are continuing along. Keep on going! :dancer:

Keep checking in, OK? :wave:

Marti
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Day three done!! Did some more walking and walking and walking.....oh gosh did I ever do a lot of walking today!

Keep up the great work girls!

gabwill
09-19-2004, 08:07 PM
well today was day 10 but I didn't do anything but rest. I did good for the rest of the time but didn't have the stroller to go walking. That is alright. I am also behind on my water but am determined to get it done by tonight. Wish I would have done more today but no time to be down about that. I just have to figure out what my next 10 day challenge will be. Don't know yet but I will come up with something. I should add something to my routine for these 10 days. I will figure something out for tomorrow.

laura_on_a_bike
09-20-2004, 09:55 AM
well, i've been sans internet for a few but i made it to day 10 on my first challenge. YEY! finally. my new 10 day challenge is to get 100 oz of water a day. i've been doing pretty well on the water tip but im not consistent so im going to try it out. i am going to include hot herbal tea as water intake as well.

so today is the 20th, by the 30th i should be growing gills.

Den@
09-20-2004, 12:00 PM
It's day 8, round 2. Yayyyyy! I really tried hard over the weekend. No junk food. less tha 1400 cals, walked and drank my water. If nothing else, at least, I feel healthy. :D My pants should get looser any day now. :lol:
Everyone keep up the great work.

gabwill
09-20-2004, 01:57 PM
My new 10 day challenge... to drink 70 oz of water a day and to do leg slimming exercises every other day. Already did them for today and have already drank nearly half of that so today is almost done already. I did lose 2 lbs. That is a good thing.

derrydaughter
09-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Today is Day 8 for me. I am bummed out, though, as my scale went UP this morning, even though I have met this challenge and been true to my ww program.
I'm not giving up, though.
Linda

redballoon
09-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Laura, gab!! Hurrah. Congratulations on completing your challenges!! :cp: :cp: :encore:

Excellent going!!

Derry, just hang in there. Don't measure your success by the scale for now. Put the assessment on hold. Your success is obvious in that you've stuck to plan. You're just being forced to wait! So, just wait! and don't be bummed. Waves of energy of perservance to you. . . good things come to those who wait. . .

Everyone else, stick with it.

I'm on Day 9 here. It's still before 5 a.m. Tuesday. Had a close one yesterday but came through sugar-free! Hurrah for me! :dance:

derrydaughter
09-20-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm waiting Red! I was an "angel" this week and on my program. I think my gain (which could be gone by tomorrow, who knows?) is from sodium.
I'm heading off line now to drink a few glasses of water.... need to flush it out of my system!!!
Linda

synn1977
09-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Hey all just a quick note to say that I have made it through day 7 or 8....still don't know what day I am on....but I will give a better update when I get home!

trieditall...almost
09-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Just a quickie- made through day 6...BUT today i had to stop at Chick-Fila. Managed to stick with a grilled wrap...but I ate the fries and diet coke. oh well, back on the saddle tomorrow.

"Good work!!" to the hard workers!

synn1977
09-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Ok, so I figured it out, today is day 8....and mission was accomplished at 8 pm. I actually drank 101.8 ounces of water http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_104.gif . And the rest of this week had gone well too!

Other than that I have to say to Lauren and Gabhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif . So happy to be in a group of "losers" and I mean that in the best possible way

As this is me most of the dayhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_4_24.gif I do not get in the exercise I would like to, but this is me toohttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_4_5v.gif so I am getting in tons of water...as a matter of fact I thought I was going to float away today.

I started almost anew with the entire eating plan today as I kind of allowed myself to get off track yesterday...but thems the breaks.

Hope everyone is well, and will check in tomorrow!!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_101.gif

derrydaughter
09-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Today is day 9, weigh in day. We'll see, but I am not hopeful.
Linda

laura_on_a_bike
09-21-2004, 10:56 AM
well, day one of my 100 oz of water challenge is up. it really was easier than i thought. i think that i can make a habit of keeping up with my water intake better.

Den@
09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Today is day #9, round 2. I hope I can get my exercise in this morning as I have to get ready to go to the dentist. :( So I will make this short.
Have a great day, everyone!

gabwill
09-21-2004, 01:39 PM
well day 2 round 2 is going well already. I have drank plenty of water and gotten almost al my exercise done. I figure taht I can do a quick walk now and do one later once it gets cooler. I also need to do my pilates but my circuit and taebo is done. Everything else is quick for me so I will do pilates before bed tonight and do my walking split in two.

PhotogirlTX
09-21-2004, 03:40 PM
~~~ slowly sneaking in...... ~~
Hey Red!!!!! It's so nice to see you are still here!! Well, I am BACK, and I've been hesitating about coming in here to make this official declaration of my 10 day challenge because now that I am posting, it means, I BETTER FOLLOW THROUGH!!!

Sigh.. so this is the kick in the butt I need.....

My goal for the next 10 days... is to exercise at least 45 minutes every day. That is where I have gotten so lazy... and just have been so unmotivated. So there. It's in writing. I've GOT TO DO IT! I've already laid out a game plan, so I know I can do it!

Here is to day 1! I'll let you know tonight how I did! :-)

WTG everyone here... I will get to know your names soon! I'm glad to be back!

synn1977
09-21-2004, 04:31 PM
http://birding.about.com/library/graphics/1000lvs.JPG
Hope everyone is well....I just wanted to drop a quick line and let you all know that the breakfast tortillas (recipe somewhere on this lovely site) are slammin'. I used "fake" bacon and eggbeaters and they are absolutely devine. I think in a bit I might convince the BF to go for a walk or something....or go by myself as it looks to be pretty nice weather! :D

So today was weigh in #3 and I have lost another 2 lbs. Not bad considering I allowed myself to get a bit off track this week. No more of that!!

Walking has been getting easier...heck I do it all the time without really thinking about it, but I definitely think I am going to change my October goal to milage rather than steps....sitting down all day kills the amount of steps I could be taking.

I am still waiting for someone with a suggestion for which Leslie tapes would be best...any takers??? I cannot wait, I will be paying for my Firm stuff this week so I will be starting that as soon as I get whether I have to kill someone or whatever!

redballoon
09-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Good morning everyone! (or whatever time of day or night it is by you). I am beginning the last day of my second non-sugar challenge round. I've gotten so used to it it's just a matter of doing it now. The question of, "do I eat this?" does come up, at times many times, during the course of a day but I just say "No" and carry on. It's not fun (and that's why I need the challenge) but I AM doing it. At this point, this challenge is all I can muster (or want to muster) in my world of weight loss. But it's a good one, because without it I would most surely be eating mega-amounts of calories.

Congratulations to all you who have stuck with your challenges. gab, den, synn, great going!! :bravo: It's very inspiring to see and it keeps me coming back even though I'm so busy because I want to be a part of it. Welcome to the newcomers. (photogirl, good to see you again!! :wave: ) Keep us posted on your progress, lack thereof, saves, near saves, slips and falls, whatever! Power to you!! :strong: You can do this!!

PhotogirlTX
09-21-2004, 11:41 PM
OK.. I am going to give myself a gold star today! No, I didn't do 45 minutes of exercise like I said, however, I over came obstacles, and made myself go walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, knowing that had I not posted here... I would have said.. forgetaboutit :-) So... YEAH ME...

I've decided... one day at a time. I am going to try to quit focusing on what I want to become, instead focus on what I can do today. Hopefully thinking that way, it will keep me on track and I will get to that far off what I want to become before I know it.

Good luck everyone.... for me, day one is over! :-)

Cherie

gabwill
09-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Okay well I only got a mile walk but I did do 1 mile run also so that makes me very happy. I did do everything else that I wanted to including cleaning out the garage in order to put up the treadmill. Those two are a workout all in it's own.
Congrats on the 30 min walk Cherie

afireinside723
09-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Well today I finnished my first 10 days!!
I didnt eat fast food or snack all day long! I want to continue and by the morning I am going to have another goal to work on for the next ten days and each time i will keep the old one going so hopefully(in theory) This will slowly eliminate most of my bad habits.

I feel really good about myself that I finnished the first 10 days, and congrats to eveyone else who has done the same!

tye

saintplatypus
09-22-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm new here but I am totally psyched by reading this forum. I want in on the 10 day challenge too. Thank goodness I'm not the only one out there that has trouble keeping to drinking water and exercising like I'm supposed to.

My challenge... to exercise at least 10 minutes a day. That may not sound like much but it is 10 minutes more than I am currently doing so I feel that is an adequate starting point.

Here's to exercise..... and wish me luck. :)

SW: 193 (8/27/04)
CW: 176
GW: 145

:cool:

derrydaughter
09-22-2004, 09:15 AM
:hat: Well, I stayed totally on my ww program for 10 straight days. A new record for me.
Today, I shall contemplete how well I've done. Even if the scale has not rewarded me, I feel accomplished as I did it.
I must realized that, at 49, my metabolism isn't what is was a few years ago and it's just going to take a long time to acheive my goal.
I have posted a plateau busting thread, by the way, which I totally want to share with you all..... it's not what I said, but the answer I got that is so important. It made me do some thinking!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=677375#post677375
I was totally "bowled over" by this one response and really have taken it to heart. I think the long thing this one person wrote in response to my question for very appropriate for me.
Linda, wishing you all success today!

Den@
09-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey, hey, hey. It's day no. 10, round 2. Congratulations to everyone on this challenge. It's really motivating to see everyone else trying, too. Let's keep up the good work.

Marti
09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Day 6 here. I haven't had the chance to post----sorry! Hope everyone is doing well.....it looks like you all are.

Hi Cherie!!! Been a long time since the last time I "saw" ya! Good luck on your challenge!!

Congratulations to all who have reached day 10....again!!! Hurray!! :bravo: :cheer:

Take Care

gabwill
09-22-2004, 05:13 PM
did everything for rd2 day3. still have a little water to drink but I still have most of the day ahead of me so thatis fine.

PhotogirlTX
09-23-2004, 01:15 AM
I did it I did it I did it!!!! :) I made it through Day 2!!! Again, I did only 30 minutes of ellpitical training, but considering, I made myself get up and do it after 10 PM tonight, after I had been gone all day long since 7 AM.... I am proud that I didn't blow it off.

Hi Marti!!!!!! It's great to see you too!! I need SUPPORT! :-)

I need to get to bed now.. Good Luck everyone!

Cherie

redballoon
09-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Heh, people! Really sorry to be MIA but things have just been too hellish. BUT, yesterday was the final day of my 2nd challenge!! So hurrah, I've done it!! :cp: :encore:

Having some sweets today and maybe will indulge for a bit. Then I'm hopping back on the wagon! :dancer: Hurrah, hurrah! for me!!

Derry, :bravo: You did it!! :cp: :cp: :encore: 10 days of success!! Just stick with it. Come on. Your weight is way down there. Of course it's going to be hard. You have a much harder time coming up with a calorie deficit once you're near goal. But remember, weight is hard to judge anyhow. Muscle and fat, you can't really get an accurate reading on the ratio. You've been exercising, right? So you will have inevitably toned up and that means you'll be heavier. I would just double or triple any scale loss and consider that your total loss!! Are you going to come back for another challenge? I hope so. :yes:

platypus!! welcome!! :wave: Glad to hear you're psyched! :spin: Good luck and keep us posted! :sunny:

fire!! Where have you come from? Another lurking challenger?! Wow, great going! Come on out sometime and help us along the way! Are you going to go for another round as well? underground or above?

gab -- how's it going. What day are you on? Hope things are going well for you! :flow1:

photogirl, :bravo: great going on the exercise!! Congrats on a successful Day 2 and for not blowing off the exercise! Keep it up!! :flow2:

MNJ -- Allright! :cp: Day 6 ready to fall! Keep it up! Try to stop in and see us more often. We miss you! :cb:

synn -- how are you? Still going strong? Congrats on the weight loss! :yes: Keep it up and keep us posted.

Den, did you finish your challenge? I'm sure you'll make it now. Tell us when it's in the bag! :dance:

Everyone else, come on and give us a yell!
Newcomers, come on down!!

saintplatypus
09-23-2004, 06:03 AM
Well I made it through day one. It took a lot out of me to actually do my exercise. Not physically, but mentally. I did do my 10 minutes though. Hopefully it will be easier tomorrow.

redballoon
09-23-2004, 07:43 AM
saintplaty!! Hurrah for you! :bravo: I hope I read your post right and that you did do your exercise physically and not just mentally. Although even if you HAD just done it in your head I guess that would be a start!! :rofl:

derrydaughter
09-23-2004, 07:58 AM
Here I am AGAIN! Day 1.... my new challenge is to not only stay on my ww program, but to journal every day and step up my activity level by doing different things. I exercise regularly, so won't be giving that up.
But, adding gardening, vacuming, washing floors.... all stuff I've been procrastinating about and not getting done, I will burn some extra calories.
Linda in NH

laura_on_a_bike
09-23-2004, 09:11 AM
day two and three went well, and day four has gotten off to a fantastic start.i for got how much i love water.

steelymonica
09-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I am not new to 3FC but returning. I was doing well with my weightloss until June of this year. Hubby had bought me an eliptical trainer for our 1 yr wedding anniversary in April. I used it faithfully 4-5 times a week in April & May, then in June I fell down the basement stairs and severely sprained my ankle. It is now near the end of September and my ankle has been feeling really good for about a month now. So it is time to get back on my horse.

My 10 Day Challenge: Elliptical exercise for 15 minutes each day.

Accountability: I printed a one page flyer for myself with a HUGE STOP SIGN on it, My Goal, My Reward and a 10 day calendar (each square simply says Day1, Day2, Day3, etc... with enough space for a sticker, smiley face whatever) I posted this calender on my office door (home office) so that my husband could see it and help keep me responsible. The goal of the flyer is to get me to do the exercise before I sit down to work.

My Reward: A trip to the new Border's bookstore and 1 new book.

I can do anything for 15 minutes. Wish me endurance. I am off to the machine.
Sharon

Den@
09-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I've completed day 10, round 2. I'm so haaaapppy!!! Now on to round 3. Congratulations, everyone, for sticking with it. It hasn't always been easy, but we're accomplishing something great. Hoo Ray for all of us.

derrydaughter
09-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Sharon, I hope you make those goals, quite definative! Good luck!
Linda

steelymonica
09-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Linda,
One thing I have learned over the last 4 months is that a person has to set goals to accomplish any given task. The key (I believe) is to set your goals into manageable tasks. Instead of me saying I want to lose 65 lbs. by my next anniversary, I say... I want to lose 2 pounds in 10 days. Losing 2 pounds puts me on the right track to get to my -65 goal. 10 days is a lot more definitive time frame than "my next anniversary". I may end up having to revise my goals to "10 Days At A Time". :)

The lightbulb :idea: My cousin lost both of her legs below the knees in May. Her ultimate goal is to walk without assistance from canes, crutches & others by Thanksgiving. Right now, she has one prosthetic and is learning to walk with it and the aid of crutches. Next week she gets fitted for her left leg. I fully believe and so does she that she will be walking unassisted by Thanksgiving. She was very athletic prior to her accident and has worked very hard to get to where she is today. She sets a goal and sticks to it. If she fails, she picks herself up and tries again. That's all I have to do. Set a goal, stick to it and pick myself up when I fall down.

Day 1 is a success. I did my 15 minutes. :)

hevron
09-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, after feeling the excitement from all of you about this 10-day challenge, I think it's time I take the bull by the horns! I've been heavy all my life and have been in and out of diets for as long as I can remember. The problem is that one never sticks. I love food, sweets, pizza, potatoes and all the stuff that brings on the weight.

Just joined Curves this summer and my goal for the next 10 days is to exercise 4x/week there and stay consistent with my water.

Looking forward to sharing and caring...

SW 292, CW 292, GW 200 (for now, but 30 pounds by Christmas)

afireinside723
09-23-2004, 03:27 PM
For my next 10 days, I am still going to give up fast food and not snack all day from my last 10 days, but I am also going to stick to drinking a gallon of water a day and cutting back my salt and sugar intake.
Today is day three i started this one about the same time that i was wrapping up the last one.
Good luck everyon and I am proud of everyone for doing so well.

tye

derrydaughter
09-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Sharon, sounds like a plan, at least!
Your cousin is brave and will accomplish her goals, if not by Thanksgiving, very soon afterwards! I'll keep her in my prayers if you tell me her first name!
I know a guy who lost his legs from the knees down in a motorcycle accident. He is doing great, fitted with mechanical prosthesis. When he is wearing long pants, you can hear a slight "creak" or sound when he walks and he has a different "gait" than others, but otherwise he gets around just fine! He is an auto mechanic and climbs all over cars and walks around the shop. He is amazing!
I have almost completed my day 1 (second time around, yesterday was day 10) and just did some digging in the garden as well as a regular work out and treadmill time today. I've journalled and my food intake, so far, is right where I need it to be!
I love this web site as I think it's truly helping me.
I do attend Weight Watchers, but find that in between meetings I get my motivation here..... so much in common with people!
Linda

derrydaughter
09-23-2004, 04:05 PM
PS: Forgive me for continuing to change my avitar.... I'm on a few different threads and trying to have one that identifies me to others and not the same one as others.
I'm trying again!
Linda

gabwill
09-23-2004, 11:09 PM
well today is day 3 round 2
didn't do as much as I had hoped but I did get something in. I did about 40 minutes of circuit training. I will try to get in 2-3 miles of walking. Doing okay on water today but still have some to go. I will let ya'll know if I did my walking or if I just decided to rest.

Red- today was day3 Didn't do as planned but needed a rest so took it like my body asked for. Tomorrow I am hoping to be energized again and ready to go.

Platypus- good job on working out.

Sharon- That is a good way to keep up with the challenge. I write it all down in a folder but will try to have a poster or something with it to keep it in the closet when I dress in the morning to make sure that I do what needs to be done.

Dena- Congrats on round 2 You are doing a great job with it!

PhotogirlTX
09-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Day Three... in the bag! :D I got home this afternoon and did 30 minutes on the treadmill, then after I got the girls to bed, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. So my goal of doing daily exercise is still on track! :) I also figured out that I am adding extra exercise... I have a staircase that goes from our first floor to our second floor at work, and I use the upstairs break room and bathrooms... with the water I've been drinking, I've been averaging about 10 trips a day. 25 steps up, 25 steps down... 10 times plus a day... :D I call it BONUS TIME!

Cherie

Marti
09-24-2004, 05:18 AM
Day 8 finished!!

Sorry I'm not posting as often as I would like....since I'm in the training mode at work...they have me at all hours! Something I need to get used to.

Anyway...I'm almost to 10!

Keep up the great work everybody!!

derrydaughter
09-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Dean, taking that day off was probably a very good choice. As a veteran of ww, I can say that it's best to take at least 2 days off per week from an exercise program, so I've been told at least. I'm always "active" on those other days but don't do my usual routine.
Tye, what is the Halloween Challenge?
Cherie, your bonus time sounds great! I know what you mean about all the water and the extra "trips".
Marti, keep up the good work!
Red, how are things going for you?
Linda

redballoon
09-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Heh everyone, I'm on the second day of freedom from my challenge but I'm going to start up Round 3 tomorrow (Saturday). Another 10 days sugar-free!!

Dena, a special :bravo: for you for completing your challenge. :cp: :encore: :cp: :encore: :cp: Great going!! That's right, that was your second round too wasn't it? WOW!! And are you going to just go straight through and try for a third round?!

hi derry, good going on the challenge. I'm glad you find some inspiration/motivation in us, well, don't know if this particular thread helps, but I hope so! :sunny:

MNJ, whenever you can stop by it's always good to hear from you! Congrats on Day 8!! :cb:

Photogirl, right on, Day 3 is hi-stoe-REE!! Wow, you're really moving on the exercise! :tread: Wish I could say the same about me. Oh yes, and the water, I've been doing the same. I think since it's cooling off here I'm not sweating and since I love to drink and just keep at it (water that is) I am hiking to the loo all the time. Oh well, people at work just must wonder what I'm up to. . . ;)

gab -- it sounds like you're doing well. Your challenge is exercise, right? Did you get your walking in? Good luck and keep it up! :flow1:

afireinside -- great handle! That's what I need, a fire inside me to get this bod whipped into shape. I've been so easy on myself for the past month about. Well, welcome, by the way :wave: and good luck! :flame:

hevron -- :wave: welcome to you too! Love to see new faces joining in. I think you may have misunderstood the way we do this challenge though so maybe you can tweak yours to fit. It's about doing something for each and every day for 10 days straight. If you mess up one day you have to go back to No. 1 (like a game of Monopoly, directly back to Go) and then you start counting all over again. Can you do that? Start small, getting in water every day is a favorite around here. Are you on an eating regime. I'm not familiar with Curves. That's a gym, right? Does it have an eating plan like WW or so? Well, hope to hear lots from you!! You can do this hevron!! :yes:

steelymonica -- woah! and welcome :wave: I was very impressed with your goals. And my heart goes out to your cousin. How did she lose her legs, traffic accident? How horrible. We were just talking about the Paralympics at work today. I think they're still on now. We don't cover them (I'm at a newspaper) but I think we should give them some coverage. I think a lot of people tend to think of disabled as just washed up or something and it is so far from the truth. Those people in the Paralympics are such athletes. It's truly awe-inspiring. So, steely, let's see some awe-inspiring stuff out of you!! and tell me again, just what is your daily challenge?

OK, people, I've got to get some shuteye. Tomorrow is the start of a new challenge for me. Wish me luck!! :kickcan:

derrydaughter
09-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Well, so far so good!
Red, Curves is a trendy McDonalds type place (IMHO) of exercise. I think their focus is on body shaping. Some people do well with it, I guess, I think some people that I know are considering it a social club. They go there every day for something like 30 minutes??? Correct me if I am wrong, people.
I just finished a 30 minute body sculpting tape with particular concentrations on outer thighs and abdominals, also did about 5 minutes of modified push ups (on my knees vs. toes) and about 7 or 8 minutes of bi-ceps work with 3.5 pound weights. :faint: Then, I spent 20 minutes on my treadmill, got the incline up to a 7 and really felt strong! I'm ready to face my day now!
If I went to a place like Curves, I'd be paying them money and spending time commuting back and fourth. I enjoy my workouts, they make me feel powerful!
Like I stated for my round 2 challenge, though, I am trying to step up my activity level and ADD to this usual workout routine. So, later today, I hope to get out and do some raking, wash my kitchen floor and vacume/dust. I hate housework and avoid it, but trying to increase activity level makes me more motivated.
May even spend time painting, we have a big project to paint a screen porth before winter sets in.
Best of luck with all your 10 day challenges.
Red, I like the set up you have created by having to go back to day 1 if you fail..... keeps me thinking a bit! Also, guys, remember the game Sorry, it's like that I think!
Take care!
Linda :goodvibes

synn1977
09-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok Ladies....I am back! Sorry to have gone missing on you. I did make it through my 10th day (thanks for asking red) and should be on day 3 round 3 with the exception that I have had a 3 day migraine and have not been able to do much of anything!

I did manage to make it through a 3 hr walk with the BF last night....absolutely gorgeous weather, and what better way for me to celebrate Solstice (though a day late) than to get out there? I think if the migraine manages to subside in a bit...I might force myself to go for a short walk. As a matter of fact, that is my 10 day challenge. To get in at least 30 mis of exercise quality walking (not just at the office) each day.
So I guess you could say I am on R3D2! And I would have to say I am ahead of the game. I ended up walking 16,548 steps which is 12.57 km or 7.81 mi. :D yay me!!!!congrats of course to all my fellow 10 dayers...I am so proud of you all.

Steely, I must say I love the tag in you signature, I think its rather befitting for most of us. And a special thanks to you for the inspiration to set smaller more achievable goals. I love the way you have everything broken down....its very inspiring! Also want to wish your cousin the best of luck...if she is anything like you I am certain she will achieve her goal in no time!

As for me I am out for now....might be back later depending on how tired I get! Keep Up all the hard work ladies!

hevron
09-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Red - Thanks for the info on the challenge. I guess I was just throwing in that 4x/week exercise just for me (accountability, you know)! Daily might be a bit much for this out-of-shape bod. Water will be my focus for this 1st challenge. I've also been reducing carbs, but I am totally NOT into the whole carb craze! :hun: But I do understand the importance of keeping them to a minimum.

About Curves, it's a workout place just for ladies. If you like a structured workout, it's just the thing. They have machines and walking platforms placed in a circle (usually about 20-25 stations total). To the beat of the music, you work out on a machine for 30 seconds, then walk for 30 seconds, next machine 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds and so on. There's a recording that keeps you on track and tells you when to switch. The machines literally work EVERY part of your body, and some can be modified as needed. I really love it. It's a great workout - one you don't have to put much thought into! As someone said, you can socialize and share successes in a very comfortable environment. They have them all over the country!

Well, I'm nearing the end of Day 2 and still need to get in some H2O! Better drink up, I guess. Love this forum and looking forward to your good reports. Remember, nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

:goodluck:

redballoon
09-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Good morning (or whatnot). It is Saturday morning here and I am starting my third round of no sugar days, 10 of 'em. Thanks everyone, for keeping this thread going strong. It really helps me keep at it and with all the problems in my life these days having a place where I can see change and feel empowered is very important. Let's support each other and help ourselves!

Hello hevron, glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks for the info on Curves as well. Sometimes, structure and following strict rules is very much needed, especially when we're trying to instill changes that we are not all that thrilled about! Other times (more often than not) I rebel against having things imposed on me. I like to impose them on me myself! I am so glad to hear that this is working for you and I wish you the best of luck. You must never, ever think that you cannot win this weight loss battle and my hat goes off to you for getting out and working out with others. So many overweight people are embarrassed to do the things that will help them lose weight. Something that many people forget is that, even those situations that would seem to be impossible for you to get into, you could get into. People look at others and tend to say (unless they've actually been there) "Oh, how can they do that? How can she have let herself get so fat?" or "How can he have allowed himself to become a stinking homeless bum lying in the garbage?" and I say, they don't realize that it's much more "There, but for the grace of God (or whatever you wish to call the powers that be), go I." People get down on themselves for being in a bad situation but I say, use it as a fantastic opportunity to gain incredible empathy while tapping in to your inner strengths, of which everyone has in abundance.

Yes, hevron, the challenge works like this because I've found it to be the best thing. If I'm on say, Day 8, there is very little chance that I'm going to allow myself to go off it and cause me to have to go back to Day 1. It's built in accountability, it's really an obvious cause and effect manifestation. When we overeat we conveniently close our eyes to the fact that it is this moment, this overeating, that is causing the overweight. But it's easy to close your eyes, you can't really see it, yet. But with the challenge (if you're honest) you know that not doing something or doing something will cause you to either stay on or to go off your challenge. That's an immediate and very understandable result of your actions. You could also adjust your definition of exercise to make it allow for even just a touch of activity. That will allow you to do it every day. You know if it's been a big calorie burner or not and can do that some days, other days not, but here it really is the idea and the discipline that is most important, especially in the beginning, when someone is trying to make changes in her life. Well, good luck!!

synn, congrats on the challenge (Round 2) :cp: :encore: :cp: :encore: Excellent going!!

Ooh, sorry to hear about the migraines? Do you know what's causing them? A 3-hr. walk! Wow! That's great news. You should be proud! Hope to hear from you soon again. Thanks for making your font bigger, by the way. I think it was you, right? that had it so tiny. Now I can read it!

Derry, thanks too for the Curves info. Now I am very well informed! Sounds like you're really hitting the exercise well yourself. Great going! :bravo: And congrats on continuing along with us so well. You had a slow start and now look at you, R2D2!! Yowzah!! :spin:

gabwill
09-25-2004, 01:24 AM
well I did my workout today. I also drank lots of water... almost 2/3 a gallon. I did taebo and power90 video. Didn't walk today but will as soon as I wake up in the morning. Day 4 done of round 2!!!

Red- my challenge is to get some leg exercises in every other day. I have been doing it lately so that is good. It is also to drink more water then anything else which has also been happening. I didn't get my walking done last night though. I will get some in tomorrow though.

redballoon
09-25-2004, 02:41 AM
OK gab, good to hear you're doing well, exercising and drinking water. Actually, the rules of this game wouldn't allow for exercise every other day I suppose but as long as you can call whatever your day has been as being on ON CHALLENGE day then it's OK with me! :lol: Keep up the good work and good luck!

gabwill
09-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Red, well I exercise everyday except for sundays (I walk on sundays mostly) and I just wanted to add the leg/thighs every other day and that is why that is my challenge. See, I do do everything else everyday.

lauren2pink
09-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Ok - sorry I have been gone - got bronchitis so the exercise goal fell 3 days short. I am starting again tommorow - exercise everyday and sticking to under 1300 calories. I'll keep everyone posted! =)

gabwill
09-26-2004, 12:09 AM
welcome back lauren. I was wondering about you.

I also got in 3 more miles of walking.

Peg
09-27-2004, 05:28 AM
Hi everyone!!! I a returning member, was known as Ladypal, would like to be referred to as "Peg". I would love to join in the 10 day challenge. I walk just abour every evening, and carry 8 lbs. free weights with me, my arms are now starting to tone a little bit. I need a great idea for weight loss. I thind Adkins sounds effective. Is anyone on it? How are you doing if so? I sure could use some great ideas.

hevron
09-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi everyone! My computer at home was acting crazy this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to send out any updates. I'm on Day 5, Round 1 and still holding on with the water commitment. Peg, here's a great tip that has worked for me on meals/food:

I've been eating Lean Cuisine meals for lunch & dinner. This works really good for those of us who only have to cook for ourselves. After eating these for a week, I have lost 3.5 pounds since last Saturday!!! There are many, many choices with these meals, and they even have some that are low in carbs. As I said before, I'm not totally into the carb craze, but I do know that you should keep them to a minimum (I've been told 100g/day is plenty).

So Peg, that's my tip for you! And anyone else for that matter. If you schedule allows for it, they're working great for me. Different things work for different people, but I'm finding success using those meals and connecting with the fabulous people here at 3fatchicks!

Today is the day for success.

redballoon
09-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi there. Where is everyone?!!? What day is today. Well, I'm wrapping up Monday and since I started my third round Saturday that must mean I'm about to bag Day 3!! sugar free!! Hurrah for me!! Let's rhyme some more.

Gab, good for you, 3 miles of walking!! :bravo: What day is this for you?

ladypal, peg, :wave: welcome to our challenge!! Sorry if I don't call you Peg unless you write your name each time. I always forget and so just use the handle. Also, it makes it easier for others who are just starting with it. But for now, I've got it, the sieve has not yet released its hold!! Peg, so you're going to exercise each day for 10 days straight, right? Ok, go for it. As for diets, I personally would stay away from low-carb because I need carbs for fuel. How much weight do you want to lose and what are your sticking points? I think that determines what diet will work best for you. What are your reasons for being overweight? and what motivates you? Do you like structure? Do you rebel at it? Do you like to work with others losing weight (maybe, if you're here)? Tell us more and it'll help us give you some suggestions. :sunny:

Well good luck and keep us posted!! :cb:

hevron, congrats on Day 5!! And a big round for your weight loss!! :cp: :cp: Great going!! You must be proud. :yes: Good tip with the Lean Cuisine. That's one thing about being here is that there is none of all that convenient stuff. With my hectic schedule, I sure wish there was. Oh well, when I'm being real good I make my own food, usual a big pot of vegetable curry (I'm a vegetarian), divide it up into Ziplocs and freeze it then bring it into work, zap it in the microwave (thank God we have one of them) and pour it over brown rice . . . and eat it! Keep up the good work!! :dancer:

lauren, welcome back. So sorry to hear you were sick. I know about bronchitis. Have gotten it very bad myself and had asthma a lot after that. Hope you're well. Don't overdo it. This was my downfall. I'd be jogging at the gym with bad chest pains and turning blue. Finally a friend literally dragged me to the hospital. Exercise every day if you feel you can. The definition of "exercise" is up to you to decide so don't go overboard. Listen to your body and adjust your exercise to its needs for the day. If it needs rest, give it rest!! You can do a couple knee bends and call it your exercise for the day. :lol: Good luck, kid! :dance:

Others, come out and talk to us! We miss you!! :flow1:

derrydaughter
09-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Round two, day 3 for me!
I skipped posting yesterday, seemed like a busy day, but if you asked me what I did, could barely tell you.... pretty werid!
Still on program, the scale moved down a bit, but I reserve judgement until my weigh in at WW tomorrow!
Today, I am going to stick with it!
A visitor brought me (knowing the OLD me, not the NEW me) an apple torte as a "gift" yesterday.... I didn't even open the bakery box and froze it! A true NSV for me. I'll bring it to a quilt meeting with me and share those calories. It won't be home, here, on the counter calling my name when I walk by it!
When the time comes for me to defrost it and bring it to the meeting, I shall enjoy just ONE small piece!
Linda

hevron
09-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Linda - That is a fantastic report about your apple torte! I have that same luxury with people at work...I know I can get rid of anything here.

Even as we keep disciplining ourselves, I think it begins to make a mental change, too. After church yesterday, we had a big dinner that was free for everyone...fried chicken, green beans, corn, chips, baked beans, the works. And for dessert? One of my favorites...chocolate cake.

But since being on this challenge, changing my eating habits, exercising and drinking water, I think my mind is being reprogrammed about food! Normally, I would've had overloads of everything including that cake, but I ate the chicken (without the skin), green beans, corn and NO CHOCOLATE CAKEsienna! The funny thing is, I really didn't even want it!

Thanks to Red for keeping me motivated and enthused!
:goodscale

Trixi
09-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I would love to join in...have been reading your posts since day one but had a really hard time deciding what will be my first 10 day challenge. Ok here goes....

I will not have any alcohal for the next ten long days....there I said it.
I will replace the amount I usually drink with water. (I should float by the time this is done)

Okay I am committed and I can do this....here's to day one (jeesh I got nothing to cheers with now do I?) oh well

Dale

gabwill
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
well today is round 2 day 7. Yesterday I walked 3 miles for my exercise. Today I did my power90 video. That was good to do. I may do a little walking later but am not sure as of yet. Time will tell. Anyway, not much time so I will go now.

Peg
09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi again everyone!! as to the question of what motivates me. A feelling that this weight loss will work, yea, I know it's common sense, but sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time.
The reason I am over weight again (lost 40lbs. 7 years ago) and gained it back is because I have a teenager old daughter that is driving me nuts, literally. I eat more when I'm home alone and I think about family problems. I do work on-call, and I should be starting a class soon, that should help me.

PhotogirlTX
09-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I've been gone for the weekend, and I think I am going to have to official start over today. I worked out twice last Thursday, but then I went away for the weekend, and didn't get any official working out done, however, Saturday and Sunday, I did paint a room and helped some friends move a little.. so not 'real' exercise, but at least I wasn't a couch potato all weekend either.

So, I will start over today, and make it the next 10 days to exercise, and this time I will just say 30 minutes a day. And if I do more, then GREAT......

Good Luck everyone!

Cherie

Apple Blossom
09-28-2004, 02:39 AM
I'm back. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it wasn't good.
I'm not taking that trip to Seattle after all, I have to visit my mother-in-law for her birthday instead. Not as much fun. And not as motivational either. My eating habits are terrible when I visit there. But if I can....whoa wrong attitude.... I WILL still lose 8 pounds by then!!!!
Maybe I can control myself better after some hard work and success!
So!
1) No beer
2) No snacking after dinner
3) Dumbells everyday too. :strong:
See ya tomorrow for day 1.

derrydaughter
09-28-2004, 07:49 AM
Round 2, Day 4.....
Cherie, starting over is a good thing, I did it too at the beginning of this and it made me more aware of what I needed to accomplish.
Dale, you are doing a great thing and staying away from alcahol is so good for you! I haven't had a "drink" in probably 6 or 8 weeks, not that I drank all the much anyway. I couldn't give up chocolate, but alcahol is not a big deal for me!
Peg, I have a soon to be 14 year old who does her share of sabotage and makes life very difficult at times. Some days she is my good buddy and other days my worst enemy and "if looks could kill". I think this time of life is a "all about me" time and the world totally revolves around them and their needs. I am hoping that I can get my daughter "back" sometime in the future and be her friend. She fights every effort I make to be close with her, at times. Other times, she comes over and cuddles on the sofa like she did when she was very young- and I "melt" as I remember those times when our relationship was so much better.
This too, shall pass. I hope you and your daughter can work things out. I do think that my working to improve myself by eating right and working out regularly has made her respect me a teeny bit more? She sees that I am struggling and working hard.
Feel free to private message me if you need parenting support!
Linda in NH

Graciesmomis40
09-28-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm in too! my goal for 10 days is to get at least 48 oz of H2O a day and to stick to my diet plan for 10 days. I usually give up after 3 days. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you!

40 to go - yo ho ho!

skinnyjeans
09-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Wow! This is great I am totally excited by the 10-day challenge. I have been reading the thread for a couple days but haven't wanted to commit because I know my challenge is going to be REALLY hard for me, but here goes...I will excercise everyday for 10 days.

The reason this is so hard is because between work and school I have to get up early at least three days of the week to get my excercise in. I am NOT a morning person. Eventually I hope to excercise in the morning all the time, but for now I will just settle for excercising some time!!

Round 1, Day 1

SJ

Apple Blossom
09-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I might have to log in a few times today just to get through the first day. I am feeling like a big loser today. I have a meeting tonight for my daughters school but I can't attend because I always wait until the last minute to find a baby sitter and she has too much homework and can't make it. In a way it's good because there's always some tasty snack at the meeting that I can't resist but I know I'll be sitting around tonight feeling bad and needing to eat. I really have to try hard because it will make me feel a whole lot better if I achieved SOMETHING today. See you later.

lauren2pink
09-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Well, I have gotten sidetracked again because just as my cough got better I tripped running to the phone and really hurt my foot. Everyone including the ER doc thought it was broken, but it turned out to only be severely bruised (it is all black and blue - yuck!). So, apparently I am incredibly unlucky. All I have been able to do today is crunches and leg lifts. The doctor said I should be able to do the stationary bike by the end of the week and back to normal by sometime next week, though. I'll keeep you all posted!

Great job to all of you doing so well! Sorry to keep you worrying, Gabrielle - I sent you a PM too. Red, thanks for the encouragement. I have taken it to heart and am trying to do SOMETHING everyday, even though I'm on crutches!!!

-Lauren

Marti
09-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting.....only had time enough to post on JL's.....but anyway......

I completed my last challenge! Made it through the full 10days.

My next challenge is to drink water. I don't have a set amount because any amount right now would be good! (sad but true) But I have been carrying around a water bottle to keep me inspired to drink!!!

So today is my third round.....Day One.

I'll post more often, I promise.

Take Care

gabwill
09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
well rd2 day8 is done for me. I ended up doing 40 minutes of circuit training and 60 minutes of taebo. That was hard for me but I made it through. I didnt' do the entire amount they wanted of everything but went through the entire tape and hope that I can keep up with them in the advanced soon. Within the month I should be able to do most if not all so taht is wonderful I find.

synn1977
09-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Ok Ladies R3D6 Done! I went to the mall with the BF today and we did a lot of walking....thank god for Dave & Busters!!!!

Anyway.....Just a quick question for thought, do any of you have a prize or reward set aside for when you make final goal or even mini goals?

I have decided that other than the obligatory shopping spree (will need cute clothes for both work and play) I am finally going to get 2 of my tattoos, one on each shoulder to represent my mother and my father. Both will be small roses with their names and DOB under, dad's will be blue, mom's purple.... their favorite colors. I would also love to take a trip to Vegas and be able to wear really nice skimpy clothes to show off the body I will have worked so hard for! I was also thinking of getting my belly button pierced, but who knows. Red, you will definitely have to keep me updated with fashion trends there in Tokyo...as I love the fashion trends I see from there. WHo knows, maybe I can take a trip there and you can show me all the coolest places to shop.....hahaha!

That is all for tonight ladies...hope everyone is doing well!

Apple Blossom
09-29-2004, 02:06 AM
I'm feeling much better now. I have successfully completed day one!
I was just feeling crummy about missing my meeting because I'm incredibly irresponsible. It is a huge flaw actually. I'm cutting back on my volunteering because of it. I need to rebuild. Losing weight is only a part of the makeover in progress. Lots of internal stuff going on.
I would love to come up with a reward but I haven't thought of anything yet. Not clothes. Being thinner may be reward enough I guess.
1 day, 1 face! :D