100 lb. Club - Boo! Our Spooky Halloween Challenge!

Sheila53
08-30-2004, 10:32 PM
The leaves are starting to turn where I live, and thoughts are turning to bobbing for apples and Halloween costumes. Thoughts are not, of course, turning to Halloween candy and Oktoberfest beer, right?

I read today that pre-holiday fall is one of the times where we start gaining weight. Must be that body clock thing slowing down and wanting to eat more to prepare for winter. We will overcome, however, and lose weight, gain muscle, exercise more, lose a belt size, or just remember to drink water each day between Labour Day and October 31.

Post your Halloween goal here, whatever it might be. Given my slow down in weight loss, and an upcoming weekend getaway, I'm going really conservative here, and I'm saying that I'd like to be in the 170s (and that can be 179.9!) by Halloween.

How about you?

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-30-2004, 10:59 PM
:eek: :fr: :tired: :yikes: Oooooooooh HALLOWEEN!! :o
OK. Im in! My Goals for Halloween 2004 is as follows:
1) Continue to strive to make better choices, and to exercise
2) 15 pounds gone (this will put me in ONEderland at 191ish)
3) Fit into size 14 jeans from Old Navy
4) Try new recipies--aka--get out of my food rut!

Numbers 2 and 3 are important, but I think # 1 is more so. I know that 2 and 3 are a bit of a stretch, but I really feel that I can accomplish them! I always look forward to Halloween, and to the fall season all together, so I don't feel like I'll forget about this challenge!

Daners
08-30-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm so bad about making these goals. I always have great intentions, just lack the action to make it. It's not like I'm not making progress, I've lost 85 pounds in the past year and a half or so, I'm going to get to my final goal, it just might take longer than I'd like. I'm okay with that...this is something I only want to have to do once in my life. I know it will always be a struggle, but once I get to my goal range, I'd like to stay there, that's all.

Having said that, I'd be thrilled to be in the 190's by Halloween.

Br00klyn
08-30-2004, 11:01 PM
:eek: Halloween! Kay, where did summer go people? :lol:

As for my Halloween Goal, my goal is to be at 225 lbs. That's 21 lbs to go.. and I know that I can do it if I stick with it. I'm going home in early November to see my family and I want to be down another 20 lbs. by then.

lessofsarahtolove
08-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the challenge, Sheila -- and I love those orange Halloweens!

By Halloween, I will:

* Get to 208 pounds
* Wear a size 16
* Have created a habit of exercising at least 5 times per week

djs06
08-31-2004, 08:10 AM
It's 208 for me too, Sarah. We are twins! :lol:

I'd also like to have settled into a regular exercise routine by Halloween. I had a great oen this summer and now it has to change for scheduling purposes, and this is how it always seems to go wrong. NOt this time though.

Good luck meeting your goals, everyone!

tolose85
08-31-2004, 10:09 AM
My Halloween Goals are:

To be at initial goal weight of 140. That's 15 lbs down
Fit into a size 10 comfortably!

8.31.04 Currently (for reference when I come back to see what I said I would do!!)

155/size 11-12

howie6267
08-31-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm in I want to be 339 by then. That will put me with less than 100 lbs left to lose.

Yet another person that looks like Sarah. There sure are a lot of Britney Spears look alikes on this board. I will let Sarah explain that one. (snicker) :dizzy:

nelie
08-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Well, my end of year goal is actually 299 lbs, but since I've been doing better than I thought when I set the goal, I'm going to try really hard to get to 299 by Halloween. That should also put me firmly in a size 24 pant comfortably. I already wear some 24's and some are a little tight.

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2004, 01:23 PM
Yet another person that looks like Sarah. There sure are a lot of Britney Spears look alikes on this board. I will let Sarah explain that one. (snicker) :dizzy:
Howie, today is more of an Angelina day....I guess it depends on the lighting. ;)

howie6267
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Well you never know about these things. I will stick with having a Mel day. LOL

tolose85
08-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Ok...... lemme in...lemme in... Howie.. I must say you are rather GQ!

howie6267
08-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Why thank you dahling. I must say you are looking like quite the cover girl yourself.

Kimberlie and I were teasing Sarah in chat because she did not have a picture up. She said there was no need she looked just like Angelina Jolie. Then she said she meant to say Britney Spears. Kimberlie said they must be twins then because that is what she looks like.

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Is that Howie?? Or Mel Gibson?? :dunno: It's UNCANNY the resemblance........

howie6267
08-31-2004, 06:54 PM
I know people tell me that all the time. It's just unreal. I wonder if we were twins seperated at birth.

Goddess Jessica
08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
My goal is 235. And to swim 16 miles (not all at once silly!).

mezmerize
09-01-2004, 12:14 AM
My goal is to be at/below my mini goal weight.
Mez

artist
09-01-2004, 03:28 AM
OK. Having read all your commitments, I feel obliged to come up with some of my own...here we go...

By spooky Halloween, I aim to

Lose 10 lbs, which would put me at 181 (and 12 stone something.....)

Fit into a UK 16/18 (I'm a UK size 18/20)

Good luck, guys........

plann2walkonwata
09-01-2004, 11:58 PM
ummm yeah

barbygirl43
09-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Would like to be at 245 by Halloween.
I'm with Sarah on this one and need to get back to at least 5x a week exercise.

seashell
09-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey Celina!

You and I seem to have the same goals! I am looking for 225 by Halloween and under 200 by the New Year. Want to be wl buddies? I tried to e-mail you but I couldn't.

My goals (K, copying celina)

225 by halloween. Thanks 15 pounds in 2 months? Can we lose it? Yes we can! (In my best Bob the Builder voice!)

Good luck all!

Tammy32
09-03-2004, 12:14 AM
I want to participate in this challenge but I've not yet decided how. Just wanted to post and say that I'll be posting later once I have made up my mind.

yaya9577
09-03-2004, 06:08 PM
My goal for Halloween is 20 pounds from my start weight...and that was 272...so I hope I can do it. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for 252!!!!!!!! ;)

Br00klyn
09-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Shelley,

I'm always up for another weight loss buddy! That's cool that we have the exact same goals! YAY FOR US! :cheer: We will get there girlfriend... don't you worry! I have enough faith for the both of us ;)

Private Message Me! I'm on this site more than I check my email (other than work email).. :)

Let's do this!

Ciao Bella,
Celina

plann2walkonwata
09-05-2004, 09:07 PM
ummm yeah

squabb56
09-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi all, I feel I know you all because I've been lurking far too long....

I'm new to this but would love to join your Hallowe'en challenge. I will

1. Start my program and stay on it
2. Journal everyday
3. Drink 8 glasses of water daily
4. Exercise 5x a week
5. Lose 10 pounds.

I took my measurements yesterday, I'm not sure what a reasonable amount of inches to lose in 6 weeks is. How about 6" .....

:wave:
Joy

plann2walkonwata
09-08-2004, 07:49 PM
ummm yeah

missaprylj
09-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Wow, OK.

I think I've had.... oh, let's count. Like, 25 of these challenges since I've been around this place. How many have I met? None. That's why I haven't posted here up until now. My goals are simple, and I fully intend on sticking to them and making this my first sucessful challenge ever.

1) Do workout DVD at 6:00 a.m. every morning Mon-Fri. (except Oct. 1 and Oct. 17 because I have to be at school at 7:20 and I'm not getting up at 5:30!)

2) No crazed junk-food binges.

Let's do it, people! :D:D Good luck everyone.

plann2walkonwata
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
umm yeah

LakeGirl
09-08-2004, 10:04 PM
I wanna play! I wanna play!

Things are going frighteningly well so far. Have even been to the gym 4 times in the last week and feeling really good! Have not yet had a weigh in other than my start weight which was my weight when I was at the doctor's office a week before I went on program.

Sooo...I would love to have a 15 pound loss by Halloween.

I'm cheering ya'll on!

squabb56
09-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Kimberleigh aka Kymli

Thanks so much for the welcome.

I haven't really decided what plan to be on. Right now I'm trying to control my portions and not snack. I'm reading Dr. Phil's book and considering going to WW. I have some eating issues I need to deal with ie compulsive eating and binging. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew (never a problem before :lol: ) but I do want to make sure I can follow through, I don't know if I could stand another failed attempt.

:-J

Jldsgirl
09-09-2004, 12:26 PM
OK, I just started so My Halloween Goals are

1. Lose 10 lbs this will put me at 235
2. Work out everyday, work up to a full 20 min.(right now I can only handle 5 !)
3. Drink My 64 oz water every day
4. Stay away from the soda pop, LOL I switched from Reg. Coke to C2, and now to Diet Dr. Pepper, LOL But I want to get away from it completely by halloween

Good Luck with your goals!!

annie175
09-09-2004, 12:45 PM
dark orangeMy Halloween Ghoul is 15 lbs!! :dance:

GreenI started South Beach on August 22. I am down 9.5 lbs at my second week weigh in. I know it will slow down. But I am so pumped right now about it.

Here are my stats and ghouls:

HW 262
CW 252.5
GW 175
PG 165

MGW 235 dark orange BY HALLOWEEN!! :goodvibes

dark green2MGW 215 by 1/1

Onederland GW: 2/1/05

Good Luck everyone and may the force be with you!

Annie

annie175
09-09-2004, 12:46 PM
That is the last time I try colors, it always turns out that way. Just spelling the color rather than making it color.

lol

squabb56
09-10-2004, 03:05 PM
:no: not going as planned.

I have been watching but not really on plan yet.
I have made arrangements to see a dietician at the local hospital on September 24th

2. Journal everyday

I have taken my measurements and written them down.
I will journal tonight before bed

I have been doing well on the water front :lol: (sound like a longshoreman) drinking approximately 4-6 glasses of water plus herbal tea at night which counts as water. :cp:

4. Exercise 5x a week

You know the saying .... If you can;t say anything positive, don't say anything at all.... :D I am planning to go walking/hiking with dh & gs on Sunday. And plan to start going to the gym before work starting on Monday. First day back after holidays ...

5. Lose 10 pounds.

I haven't gained

Trying to only state positive outcomes. Will visit post to update (and remind myself) of my short term goals often..... okay weekly

Joy

Annie-Rose
09-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Hello!
I'm going to set a goal ....
I'm down to 214 now so I'm going to be in the 190's even if its 199!!!
Hello to all the people I haven't met before.

plann2walkonwata
09-11-2004, 12:12 PM
ummm yeah

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-13-2004, 08:56 PM
~~~~BUMP~~~
How's everybody dooin'? All is well here. I had an excellent day, including all of my fruits and veges, all my water, and a 1.5 mile walk! :D

tolose85
09-13-2004, 09:57 PM
I did really well today also Amy Jo! I got 7 miles of walking in with Leslie, I did the 2 mile this morning before work, then the 3 mile and 2 mile again back to back this evening! It felt great! I ate so on plan today with my fruit this morning, a total veggie salad and some yogurt for lunch then I had a nice turkey sandwich on light whole wheat bread with some grapes and a few wow potato chips. I think I might have one or two more grapes for a snack before bed tonight.. I'm right on target!

keep up the good work everyone! Oh and I weighed today, down a pound from yesterday... has to be water retention from PMS! Gotta love that!

teapotdynamo
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Ok, kids, I want in on this one, too.

I didn't quite make my Labor Day Challenge, so I'm going to make this one a little more realistic. I'd like to lose 11 pounds by Halloween to reach 215. It's a bit of a stretch given my molasses-like average loss of 1.2 pounds a week (I started off really slow), but that will keep me working hard.

I'd also like to keep upping the ante on my 6 day/week workouts, pushing myself harder each day. I've started jogging on alternate workout days, so my second goal would be able to jog for 10 consecutive minutes by Halloween.

I'm pumped! Let's go!!!

UPDATE 10/6/04:

Because of my new scale, which has me at 15 pounds heavier, I had to revise this goal to 230. So far, so good!

Annie-Rose
09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Well done Kymberleigh and Amy Jo
Good for you Jennifer. I bet you can lose 11 by Halloween!
7 miles Gretchen - my goodness you are back with a bang!!!
and well done to everyone else!
You know what ladies we have SO got this licked.
I lost 4 this week so i've got 11 to go.... ONEDERLAND I'M COMING!!!!!!!!! (I really have to do it now!!!)

JennasMom
09-15-2004, 01:16 PM
My Halloween goal is to get to Onderland. I have like 16 to lose by then...

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-15-2004, 02:02 PM
:D OMG...I just did 45 mins on the elliptical, with 25 of that HIIT! I feel TERRIFFIC!!! It's such an oxymoron...you feel awful, but you force yourself to go workout, and when you're done you feel GREAT! (Knowing that I would feel this great was the ONLY reason I went! I was having a really bad day!) Plus I did a circut of the weight machines to be safe. The ONLY downfall is that when I got home DH had a pizza cooked (the ONLY food that I CANNOT resist). I wanted to kill him! I had a slice...but only one, I didn't binge like I would have if I hadn't just worked out. So I guess thats good. Anyhoo...I'm really hoping to make this challenge! Size 14 is where I'm pretty comfterable with my body (I'm 5'10). Good Luck to you all this week! :D

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-16-2004, 07:16 PM
:dancer: Guess What!! I just got home from a shopping trip (window shopping that is, I didnt buy anything). I tried on and successfully fit into size 16 jeans from Old Navy!!! (this was one of my minigoals) I'm SOOOO excited! I didn't buy them b/c I want to wait to loose another size before I buy too much. So, Halloween 14's, HERE I COME!!! :goodluck:

djs06
09-16-2004, 07:31 PM
wooooo hoooo amy jo!!

plann2walkonwata
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
ummm yeah

squabb56
09-18-2004, 08:15 PM
:yes: going as planned.

Joined WW Wednesday night and have been staying on track :cp:
I have made arrangements to see a dietician at the local hospital on September 24th

2. Journal everyday

I have been using two journals - one at the gym to record my exercise. Which I have been keeping faithfully. My bed time journal has sufferred due to extreme exhaustion the last two night. I'll catch up and try to do every night next week. It only takes a few minutes.

Check

4. Exercise 5x a week

Got up early and went to the gym four mornings and went after work on Friday. Late class on Thursdays makes it impossible to get up on Friday so I went after work. I do about 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights and spend 30 minutes in the pool either water running or working on muscles groups or abs. So much more flexibility in the pool. Today I helped hubby load and unload the pick up truck with firewood. it was a good work out....

5. Lose 10 pounds.

Actually the scale at WW isn't too kind. I've had to adjust my signature. I know I haven't gained.... but it does say more now. Still looking to go 10 pounds down from WW weight.

See ya next week

PS Everyone keep up the good work :cheer:

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-18-2004, 09:57 PM
*BUMP*

How's everyone dooin" ?? All is TERRIFFIC here!! Good luck to you all!

bella23
09-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi all, I know I'm late, but I wanted to join as well. I joined ww on Tuesday and LOVE it. So I want to join the challange. I am one who has also never completed a challange so I am going to start small and go from there.

1. Stay completly on program (so far I am 100%)
2. Try to work out at least 4 days a week.
3. Loose at least 10lbs.

Well that's it for now. I'll keep everyone updated!

Good luck to everyone!

TTFN

nelie
09-18-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm doing pretty well. As of today, I am 8 lbs away from my halloween goal, which was originally my christmas goal. So I'm pretty on track for meeting my goal. Once I meet the halloween goal, I'll change my christmas goal accordingly.

lessofsarahtolove
09-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Wow, you guys, GREAT JOB!! Sounds like everyone's doing really, really well! I better get my butt in gear if I'm going to make mine! It didn't seem too aggressive at the time, but only time will tell....

Really great news from all of you! :D

tolose85
09-19-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm doing ok too. I am 14 lbs away from Halloween goal and I definitely think I'll get into a 10 by then. I can almost get into it now comfortably!

Great job to everyone! This challenge seems pretty popular with us! Very Motivational!

Keep up the good work!

Annie-Rose
09-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Hello I'm 9 pounds off my goal now.
Everyone is doing so well. It makes me so motivated.

annie175
09-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Howdie.

My third week weigh in was down 12. Fourth week weigh in remained the same, but will lose this week, I am determined.

12.5 to Halloween goal.

plann2walkonwata
09-21-2004, 09:14 AM
ummm yeah

teapotdynamo
09-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Just a quick check-in to say that I already reached my second goal, which was to be able to run 10 consecutive minutes. I started off slowly, because I wanted to make sure my knees would be able to handle jogging (never really had trouble before, but better safe than sorry!), BUT yesterday I actually jogged an entire mile in 15 minutes! I know this doesn't sound like much, but let me tell you... it's a HUGE step for me. I just realized that, despite the amount of weight I have left to lose, I'm more *fit* now than I have been since high school!!!!!!

Still don't know if I'll hit 215 by Halloween, but boy, am I thrilled about being able to jog!

bella23
09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Ok, well I'm half way to my goal. I just had my first weigh in and lost 5.2lbs!!! I'm SO happy!!!

Good going to the rest of you!

TTFN

mezmerize
09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I weighted myself last week. I've maintained. I was guessing on my points while I was away taking care of my sister. I forgot my workout tapes. I did try and walk. Oh well ... is the real life... I'm going to make some lemonade!! (sweetened with Splenda!!)
Mez

squabb56
09-25-2004, 02:17 AM
:bubbles:going as planned.

Week 2 of WW and on OP :dancer:
Went to dietician today.

2. Journal everyday

Back down to one journal.... some short entries but I'm doin' it!

Check - no problem :smug:

4. Exercise 5x a week

Got up early Monday & Tuesday and went to the gym. On Wednesday, I went after work and saw my trainer and worked on a new weight program, and trying to incorporate more water exercise, such as runninng with a "noodle" between my legs to get my cardio up without stressing my already sore knees.... should work out well. I couldn't go on Thursday because of class, and Friday I forgot to pack my gym bag before I went to the nutricianist and if I go home I'm sunk.... Oh well lots of house work to do tomorrow.... should burn off lots. Hubby wants to take the dogs for a walk as soon as he gets home from work too.

:strong:

5. Lose 10 pounds.

I lost 6.4 pounds from Wednesday Sept. 15 to 22.
I have lost 8 3/4" since Sep. 6 :goodscale

Till next time.....

Annie-Rose
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Good on you squab! You can do this! I'm at 206 as I've lost 2 this week so I'm 7 pounds away from target.
Also Icould pull my trousers/pants down without unbuttoning them si I've definitely gone down a size. I'm now an english 18. I don't know what that is???
We're all doing so well.

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Congrats to you all!!! I've had a slow week. Aunt Flo is here. Last night I bought some 16 jeans at Old Navy, so I'm on my way to goal! Only 1 more size till Halloween challenge, and 1 more pat that till total goal. Although, when I get to a 12 (whaich will be an ALL TIME LOW for me,) I may decide to go on some more! I wonder what it would be like to buy a SINGLE DIGIT size?? I've never been there before! I wore higher than that in elementry school! :o

mezmerize
09-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Well I stepped on the scale today and I'm down on lbs. BUT my offical weight in isn't til tomorrow. I hope it doesn't jump back up. I also looked at my goal for this and seen I wanted to be at my goal weight or less... well in order to get that I need to lose about 4lbs a week. Do you guys think that is possible with sensible eating and workouts? It will mean I can't mess up once if it is...
mez

bella23
09-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi all,

Well my I just got back from my Weigh In and am down another 2 pounds. I'm happy. That gives me a loss of 7.6lbs and I only have 2.4lbs to loose to get to my goal.

Good job to those who are getting there, Keep up the good work!

howie6267
09-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Well with my recent gain I think I will have to adjust my goal. I'm not sure what I weigh because they took the scale out at work. I weighed two weeks ago and was 372 but I don't know if that was right because I don't think I could have gained 10 lbs in one week. Maybe that is why the scale in gone maybe it was wrong. Anyway I am going to shot for 350. I will then be able to weigh on the doctors scale.

jkfla
10-02-2004, 01:48 AM
i'm jumping in on this one even though in the past i have always failed at the challenges. i had a bad day today (10-1) food wise so i'm in. i need to do this. making it through this challenge will be a life altering event. LOL i need to do something because i keep breaking the wires in my bras!

so here goes
starting on the 3rd since its a sunday.

1) Keep drinking the water i've been drinking. i have a cup that holds about 2-3 8 oz servings and i have 4 or 5 of those a day.

2) do AT LEAST 30 miles with WATP every week

3) journal EVERYTHING i put in my mouth even if it takes me over my daily points.

4) crochet when i feel a snack attack coming on.

5) quit smoking AGAIN.... this time for good.

6) get in my 5 servings of fruits/veggies every day. i was doing good at first but now i need to work on that.

7) i'm not aiming for any pounds lost this time. but if i lose 5 pounds that will be great!.

squabb56
10-03-2004, 12:12 AM
:dance: All going as planned.

Week 3 of WW and on OP.
I have been incorporating the dieticians suggesitons for healthful eating by eating meals with three food types in them, ensuring I have my daily quota of milk and trying to eat more natural foods.

2. Journal everyday

Journalling on line now.... seems to work better

Check - no problem

4. Exercise 5x a week

Didn't do too well on the exercise front this week. Class was switched to Monday evening instead of Thursday and kinda screwed me up (excuses :(). I went to aquasize on Tuesday and took the dogs for a two mile walk today. I have yet to start on my new weight program, and trying to incorporate more water exercise. Will do a lot of house cleaning and take the dogs for a walk again tomorrow. Monday will start up morning gym routine again....

5. Lose 10 pounds.

I lost 9.6 pounds since Wednesday Sept. 15
Didn't take my measurments this week.
.4 from my 10 pounds gone for Hallowe'en goal.

Until next time ....Onwards and OPwards!!! :lol3:

lil_cara_mia
10-03-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm really late getting in on this thread since it's already October, but I'd like to join.

My goals are:

To lose 10 pounds in October

To exercise 2x a week - I know that's not a lot, but physically it's very hard for me and some is better than none right? It's a start.

To drink a minimum of 4 bottles of water a day, but to try for 5 or 6.

To stay positive even in the rough spots.

28 days left until Halloween.. I better get busy hehe.

Heather

tolose85
10-03-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm still aiming for initial goal, of 140. I've got 11 lbs to go. Also, I want to get into 10's comfortably. I am in a 10-- semi-comfortably, the waist is just a tad too tight to br truly comfortable. Size 10 skirt no problem.. BUT that's not my goal!

I think I'm pretty on track. I don't know if I'll get to the weight goal by then. It's coming off much slower these days. I'm still aiming for it!

seashell
10-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Is it too late to change my goal? I had originally said 225, but since I am 227 at the begining of the month, Im going to go for it and say 220 by Haloween. Thats down 60 from my start date in early June. I love Atkins!

plann2walkonwata
10-06-2004, 11:03 PM
ummm yeah

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Good Monday morning to you all! Just checking in/bumping up . On track here...how are you all??

JennasMom
10-11-2004, 09:54 AM
I don't think that I can make my Halloween goal of getting to Onederland but I am going to keep trying anyway!

Annie-Rose
10-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi, I'm 204 my goal is 199 but I've not lost this week (TOM) I'm in with a chance!!!!
EXCELLENT WORK MY FRIENDS!!!

nelie
10-11-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure if I had ever updated this but I had made 299 my Halloween goal since I knew I was going to make it before Xmas (it was my original Xmas goal). So I have reached my halloween goal and I was really kicking some butt because I wanted to be 299 before the end of October.

Now I have re-adjusted my Christmas goal to 275 which is pretty damn ambitious BUT even if I don't make it, I'll be happy with my results as long as I lose some weight between now and then. When I go home to visit my family for Christmas, I'll be looking to shop all the sales and buy some clothes that fit and maybe even a size down from the size I'll be wearing. I'm pretty much working towards being 199 sometime next year and the more weight I lose this year, the less I have to lose next year.

tolose85
10-11-2004, 09:45 PM
9 pounds to the weight goal and just a few itty bitty inches to the 10's. I actually plan on buying some size 10 jeans very soon. My 12's are getting noticably bigger. When hubby says, are those your old jeans... you know its time to buy new and SMALLER ones! YAY!

I don't know if I'll get to the weight goal. Things are slower these days and at this point 9 lbs seems to be a lot to acheive in 3 weeks especially I am losing around 2 a week. It will be close. I will be happy none the less. I am truly proud of myself. This is the first time ever I lost this much weight and I owe it all to healthy lifestyle choices with food.. The quit smoking part is next and I fully plan to have an executable plan in place by November.

That will be my Thanksgiving goal.. To be near the 130 mark and smoke free!

Everyone seems to be doing so well. I am so proud to be a part of this group of outstanding losers! Congratulations... early... for a job well done!

bella23
10-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi all,

Well I hit my goal! It was to loose 10 lbs and I did that yesterday. I am SO happy, this is the first time I have ever completed a challange. I am SO proud of myself. I am still going to stay op for the rest of the month! SO I hope all of you hit your goal! Good luck,

mezmerize
10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Bella23 that is Great YEAH YOU !!!!! Also to everyone that has make there goal. :bravo:
As for me I don't see me making my goal. I still have 11 lbs to go. My weight in day is today. I don't see a 4 lbs loss I've eaten healthy and drank it's the workouts that I haven't given my all to. We learn from our mistakes.
Mez

annie175
10-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Hello all,

I have to adjust my Halloween goal, I had some set backs. 235 is unrealistic at the moment for now. I will say 242 by Halloween.

Congrats to all on losing. WTG Bella on reaching your goal.

howie6267
10-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Way to go Bella I'm so glad you made your goal.

I am hoping to make my new goal of 350 but I'm not weighing in until the 29th so time will tell.

plann2walkonwata
10-13-2004, 11:41 AM
ummm yeah

nelie
10-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Kymli,

Sometimes our body needs a shake up to lose a few lbs and in fact that is why I try to at least vary my food a bit every few days so that my body doesn't get used to the same old foods. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you don't have much choice on the foods, the best thing to do is to just watch your portions.

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Congrats to those who have made your goals, and good luck to those of us who are still working on them!
-- I kinda doubt if I'll make my goal of fitting into size 14's, but even still, I'll be happy, because I did drop one size (into a 16). Thats OK by me! I've been really concentrating on my workouts this week, and really I feel very good. The only big hinderance I've had this week is a huge chocolate cake thats been calling out to me. Damn Betty Crocker! :devil:

plann2walkonwata
10-13-2004, 08:59 PM
ummm yeah

teapotdynamo
10-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Awww, yeah. Today I hit my second Halloween goal (2 weeks early, even!), which was to lose 11 pounds to reach 230. Even though my early losses were very slow, I think I've definitely picked up the pace. Next goal: 220 by November 20, when we go home for Thanksgiving.

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-18-2004, 09:20 AM
*BUMP*

Hows everybody doing? Plugging along slowley but surley here. Exactly two weeks till the 31st!

Annie-Rose
10-18-2004, 02:46 PM
I've got 3 pounds to go to target!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!

Sheila53
10-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Less than a week before the end of the challenge so I thought I'd bump this up. Hope everyone is doing well!

howie6267
10-25-2004, 01:34 PM
I think I will make my new goal. Last Friday I weighed 353 so three pounds in one week is doable. I will be weighing in on Friday.

Good Job Jennifer. I just seen your post sorry so late.

teapotdynamo
10-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Good luck, Howie -- I think you're doing great!

I know you can make it Annie-Rose!

Ivanna B. Skinny
10-25-2004, 09:25 PM
HI All!! Just checking in and bumping up! 6 days to go!! Im feeling good, even though I'm not gonna be fitting into a 14. Good Luck to you all!!

squabb56
10-27-2004, 12:54 AM
It's been a while since I checked in .... lots has happened ... all good :lol:

Have completed 5 weeks of WW with WI # 6 tomorrow. Since beginning I have found out I am borderline type 2 diabetic so I have been very faithful to program - not eating sugars and white flour or pastas etc. Hopefully by maintaining a proper diet I will be able to keep my blood sugars in check. Will have another blood test on Nov. 8 and see what's happening then.

2. Journal everyday

Journalling regularly now... sometimes I admit ... I have to do two days at once. But I make sure to write it down.

Usually more ... sometimes problems on the week ends.

4. Exercise 5x a week

On again off again. Trying to make it in the mornings, less commitments for my time then. Trying not to do too much.... one hour is enough. Trying to do a variety of things, one day treadmill, one day swimming, one day walk outside, one day water run, one day eliptical etc., plus weights...... NOTE TO SELF: Must do my abs on a regular basis

5. Lose 10 pounds.

Achieved October 6th. :encore:

Will take my measurements tomorrow after WI and see how many inches I've lost I started.

I am 2 pounds away from a goal I set a while ago for Christmas.... so I have reset it to 225... Hopefully I can keep this up and lose an average of two pounds a week.. Wish me luck.

Anyways gotta go make lunches

seashell
10-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Made my updated goal today! I first said 225, then changed to 220 when things went well. And now? I made it a few days early! Lets get that Turkey Challange moving! Im Phyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onederland by Christmas, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tolose85
10-27-2004, 07:56 AM
I've made the size 10 comfortably goal.. as for the weight.. I just can't seem to get to the 140 lb mark! I gained a little this past week from the wedding festivities and on top of it all TOM is here which I know has packed on a few.

I am in 10's though! AND I even got a skirt (from a friend) that I can get my rear into...it's a 6!!!

Annie-Rose
10-27-2004, 12:05 PM
That's excellent you guys! Hope the wedding was great Gretchen - you can get those pounds off easily! Size ten is excellent!!! Well done shelley and Joy - You can do this - WE CAN DO THIS!!
I'm there too...198 so into ONEDERLAND!!!!! It's a loss of 16 since while doing the Halloween challenge.I'm feeling great I've got some knee high boots and they have always been snug on my legs but today they feel so much looser! Next stop THIGH HIGH BOOTS (that was a joke but you never know!!!)
Bring on the Christmas challenge!

howie6267
10-28-2004, 10:11 AM
I made my Halloween goal by 1 lb to the good. I am so happy. I did have to readjust it to 350 from 340 but hey Iím still losing and thatís all that matters.

Annie-Rose
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Now then young man!
WHO ROCKS NOW? :bravo:

Well done! Here's to Christmas!

howie6267
10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks Annie, it sure feels good to be on the down side of the 300s.

Sheila53
10-30-2004, 07:47 PM
I weighed on Friday and didn't make my Halloween challenge. I'm 1.2 lbs. shy. Oh, well, I hope that next Friday will take me back to the '70s.

Congratulations to everyone who made their Halloween goal!

howie6267
10-30-2004, 11:41 PM
You will get there Sheila. Your doing great. These challenges are just to keep us on track so don't sweat not making it. I had to adjust mine in order to make it. But hey all that matters is we are still doing the right things.

lessofsarahtolove
10-31-2004, 10:17 AM
Well, at 212, I didn't quite make my goal of 208.....think maybe I'd have been a bit closer if I hadn't had to relose those 5 pounds gained over my mini-vaca! Ya' THINK?? :lol:

Ah well, I'm ok with it. I'm sure 208 will get here soon enough. Sheila I think you're doing great, and HOWIE, well you are not only doing beautifully, you're one of the most supportive guys I know. :high: to you both!

djs06
10-31-2004, 11:31 AM
SARAH!! 212!! AMAZING!!! Geez in another WEEK you're gonna be in onederland. You're doing ridiculously well, I am in awe!! (Although I should be used to your great progress by now! sheesh! :lol:)

Howie, congrats!!

Sheila, 1.2 pounds off? Hey, as far as I'm concerned, you made it.

Annie-Rose and Gretchen, congratulations! Gretchen, you'll be at 140 before you know it.

Everyone else- good work. Even if you didn't make your goal, I know our hearts were in it!

lil_cara_mia
10-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I made all of my goals except one. It seems the goal of dropping 10 pounds was only a pipe dream. Infact, I'm up 1 to 295.

I'm really rather discouraged and wondering why I even bother. It seems no matter how hard I try I'm just not getting anywhere. I understand that maybe I've built some muscle, and maybe I could be holding water today, and whatever else.. but I still think with the amount of work I've done in the last month and how good I've been that I should be at least out of the 290's by now. Instead I'm heavier than I was the last time I weighed.

This is so exceptionally frustrating. I don't mean to ramble, I'm just holding on by a thread right now. I don't know what else to do, where to turn, or how to make this change for the better. I put my all into this and get no real results. I think I need to go cry now, I'm sorry for this post.

mezmerize
10-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Congrats to everyone that reached their goal !!! I didn't make the mini goal in weight and I was really sad. I knew I had been doing well on eating right and I have missed my workouts because of a knee injury. I had to do something to keep myself going. So I went cloths shopping not to buy but to try on. I grabbed jeans in sizes 18-22 then at the last minute I grabbed two different brands of size 16 jeans. I went into the dressing room and tried on one of the 16 jean... pulled them up slowly over my calfs... so far so good..thighs ...better ... hips .... YEAH.... now to snap and zip them... closes eyes and I go for it... I look down in disbelief ... THEY FIT!!! YEAH!!! I then think maybe these jeans run big so I grab the next size 16 putting them on faster... and YEAH they FIT!!! I was very happy. So I didn't make my weight goal but I did get in a size 16 and it's been so long since since I wore that size. I can't wait til my knee is better I know I can do more once it's healthy.
Mez
*A note to others* Just because the scale doesn't say you loss doesn't mean you haven't ... look for inches!!

barbygirl43
11-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Well since I've been so wishy washy throughout this whole challenge, it's no wonder I didn't make the challenge. But alas, I'm back on track and ready to tackle the next one head on!!!

lessofsarahtolove
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
MEZSTER!!!!!!!!! You go ON with your size 16!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Thank God you had that initial impulse, eh?? Awww....too, too cool, girlfriend!! :cb: :cp: :cb: :cp: :cb: :cp:

That's one huge lesson learned isn't it?? Now just remember to shake your groove thing in those sixe 16's........ :devil: