WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 07:50 AM   #1  

Question

I am looking for some low point lunch ideas for when I am at work. I work in an office and have run out of ideas for a low point lunch. I don't need something big, just something to get me through the day. Thank you so much.
Old 04-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #2  

Default All kinds of options...

Cricket,

I'm in the same boat as you. I work in an office and have had to get into the habit of taking food to work with me.

I've only been OP for a few days now, but it actually seems to be working out ok. I think the key to it is preparing ahead of time what you're going to take - and then you'd be surprised at the amount you have to get you through the day.

Yesterday I had leftover chicken stirfry from the night before. Basically, it was a few oz of chicken and a ton of veggies. With that I also had about 2 cups of salad, a separate portion of carrots, and over the course of the rest of the day I also fit in 1/2 c of applesauce, 1 banana, 1 c. fat free jello, and 13 mini snackwell chocolate chip cookies - altogether, it only added up to 10 points because of all the veggies.

Today, I've got little wraps made with small tortillas... they're not too big, just a bit of low fat hummus with some lettuce. But I've also got a ton of veggies, a few pieces of fruit, and can even fit in a snack like more mini choco chip cookies, or Marshmellow square with peanut butter and chocolate (they're small, but at only 2 pts each, they're pretty good if you're craving sweets).

It might sound like a lot, but I spread it out over the course of the day, so I end up eating every few hours. I find this is better than only eating 3 big meals.

If you need other hints, you might want to check out the recipie section of the message board. You'll probably have to reset it so it checks back as far as a year to get a lot of messages. Some boards don't see a lot of action so you have to check back further.

Christine
Old 04-24-2001, 10:53 AM   #3  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Hi Cricket

I love pasta for lunch, On the weekends I cook up a big batch and measure out 1 cup portions, I put the serving into a freezer/micorwave safe coontainer and freeze some refrigerate the rest. I grab one everyday for my lunch along with a "topping". My favourite is 1 tablespoon llight salad dressing(any kind) with 1 oz crumbled Feta cheese(2pts) this gives me a lunch for 5-7 points(5 without the dressing and then 1-2pts depending on the dressing). You can also use a little(1T) pesto, or lots of veggies with Italian dresisng. Or try a little balsamic vinager and some spices and green/red peppers!! The ideas are endless!! Hope this helps!!

Stephanie
Old 04-24-2001, 08:25 PM   #4  

I have also had trouble with this. I teach (fairly obvious from my name) and it is so convenient to grab a lunch tray at school. We have great cooks!! However, having said that, I have added up the points on some of those trays and come up with 15 (least) and 32(most). I hate to pack my lunch but generally take either a low fat dinner that I heat in the microwave with carrots or an apple and a cup of fat free pudding. There are seldom leftovers at my house, but if there is rice I will take that along with fruit. I have found that if I microwave the dinners the night before until right before they are done and then put them in a gladware container, I only have to use the microwave for a minute or so at school. Saves time and there is always a line. For some reason I have gotten into the notion that I need something warm at lunch, so take very few sandwiches.

Elaine
Old 04-25-2001, 06:33 AM   #5  

Thank you everyone for those suggestions. That gives me some ideas to work with. Any more ideas?
Old 04-25-2001, 09:18 AM   #6  
REC

Do you have access to a microwave? If so, try this (it's my favorite dinner):

Huge mound of spagetti sqash (0 points), 1/4 cup spagetti sauce sauce (1), sprinkle of parmesean (I use tofu parmesean at 0 points). Microwave for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.

AND, 2 slices veggie cheese for protein (2). Or, you can put soy crumbles or ground meat on top of the sqash instead of the veggie cheese.

You'll be really full and satisfied for all afternoon for only 3 points. Or, for an extra point, have more sauce. I cannot imagine you'd be hungry after this, but if you are, you can have a fruit for 1 point.
Old 04-25-2001, 02:51 PM   #7  
Chicklet

I'm a sandwich and chips kinda gal for lunch.
I make a sandwich with Natural Ovens bread. Very filling! Usually take ham or turkey and sometimes add a slice of 2% cheese slice. Then for chips I eat Veggie or Pirate Booty or Skinny Chips. Have also brought baked bugles. (I dont want to go near Wow Chips!!) I bring a piece of fruit and a 2pt dessert. (Pudding or granola bar,etc) I usually break it up a bit and maybe eat one thing on the way home. Very filling. About 8 pts spread out over the day!
Old 04-26-2001, 07:13 AM   #8  

I thought I was the only one who has to stay away from the WOW Potato chips. What a sacrifice on my part not to eat these chips. Lots of times for a take to work snack, I pack crackers and Laughing cow light cheese wedges.They are just 1 pt,and come all wrapped, so they are easy to take along.
Closed Thread