Support Groups - SAHM's #231 Monday

View Full Version : SAHM's #231 Monday

watkinsguru
08-30-2004, 07:21 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 Ĺ years. Iím counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

watkinsguru
08-30-2004, 07:41 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I'm up and about alittle earlier this morning, couldn't sleep. Let's start with a question of the day.

QOTD: AS A MOTHER, DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILTY FOR WANTING SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF? IT CAN MEAN ANYTHING; PHYSICAL LIKE FOOD, OR MENTALLY LIKE A JOB OR ANYTHING THAT YOU FEEL MAY BE UNFAIR TO YOUR KIDS? AND SHOULD YOU FEEL GUILTY?

ANSWER:yes, like wanting to start a business. I'm afraid it would take time away from my kids, but it would be something for me and for my family. As my kids get older, they could even learn from the thing. But I feel guilty and I don't think I should, but I do.

Well, Jaymi, hope all is well. Let us know.

Melinda, what about you? Are you near this storm?

Penny, I haven't paid much attention to the weather, is the storm headed for you? Are you close to the gulf?

Spryng, hope you had a good night. Yes dh and I talked.

Jill, glad dh made it home? Hope you have a good day. Hope you slept well.

Hello to Geri, Ricci, Angel, Deana, Cheri and everyone else out there. Hope everyone had a great night and has a great day.

Today will be back to normal. School, laundry and napping. I've been awake since around 4 or so.
Okay, so I was going to bed really, really upset last night. I realized that even after I spoke my opinion yesterday about all of this situation of ours, he at least was thinking about it. But I found out his plan was still on as if I hadn't said anything at all. It made me feel so unimportant. I mean, he doesn't have to agree with me, but at least make an effort to explain why and try to make me see it his way. Make it seem like a fair partnership here. And he realized something was wrong so he told me to spit it out and I did. We won't be going to Florida, he said he can't just pick up and move, I can, but I understand some people can't especially men. He still wants to build and I told him we shouldn't. He wants to start a small business with a friend. I think it's great, but I know it won't work. I know what the bank will ask for and neither of them have any of it. And he said you're probably right, but he still wants to talk to them. So they are going to the bank this week. I told him, either build the house or do this business but he shouldn't do both, it's too much. So, the bank could still come back and not approve us, which I sort of hope that happens and I'm almost positive the bank is going to tell them he's crazy. If all that happens, then he will get a job, and be miserable, and we'll probably try for the home equity loan. So we'll be in this house I know another 6 months or so which neither of us are happy with that. I'm tempted to find a house or an apt. to rent if that happens. This house is so drafty and I know for a fact that is one reason Andrew gets so sick in the winter and now I'll be having the new baby while it's still winter. So by the end of this week, I'll know alittle more of what direction we're headed. I'm not too upset about the Florida thing now that we talked about it. I was at first because it was like it didn't matter what I said or thought. I mean it would be a dream for me and I would hope that because he's about out of a job, that he would say, you know, if this is your dream then yes, let's go I'll help you and do whatever I can to make this happen, but instead it's more like, it's not what I want so it's not going to happen. So maybe I'm alittle upset about it, but not too bad. I'll get over it. In fact, I'm still going to look towards starting a small coffee house maybe in the next year. I can research it, learn about it, find a location and get our credit restored. So I still have a dream and a goal and that makes it better.
I guess I need to get school prepared. TTYL

melmcc99
08-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Morning Crystal. How come you have been up since 4am? Was Andrew up again? Bugga was up all night ....Again. What is on the plan for school today? Are you always going to home school? or stop once they are in grammer school? just curious.

QOTD: I don't usually feel guilty, but I don't usually do anything for me either. Right now my guilt falls in my wanting sleep and having to let bugga cry the other night. I shouldn't we all need sleep right?

Anyway, I'm not sure what i'm doing during the day today..Today is dh's birthday, so MIL is coming for dinner. Pork loin with garlic and rosemary, sting beans and salad. No carbs. I am making jello shaped like a cake with strawberries on it and I'm going to top it with lite cool whip and fresh berries.

mompen
08-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Morning Ladies,

Geri,
I am sure that storm will hit Florida. They are usually the target, I tell you :( But my mom was just watching the "predicted" paths... and one of them said to bump down the coast to La. But you don't ever know until they hit and even then they are unpredicitable. I am so sorry it is coming right when you planned vacation....ggggrrrrr. Congrats again on the ride!

Spryng,
I'm glad you don't feel bad about not accomplishing anything. You did do something! You got all your kids up, dressed, fed, cleaned up and back to sleep, right? For someone who doesn't have kids, that would be alot! We just take it in stride :) Have a good day :) I gotta get some groceries today since mom went w/out me yesterday.

Crystal,
Hope everything works out with dh! You are almost 18 weeks! Yah! Reupdate your dr appts :) so we can keep track :)

Deana,
Isn't it great to get healthy and have your house clean?! I know it is hard with your hubby working alot. My hubby used to work his main job and his side a/c job. Now he quit his main job and all he does is his business. He said we would have more time to spend together but we don't. We works more now than ever b/c he is scared we will not have enough money! I think he is addicted! How is the gunsmithing going? I know that is complicated work figuring out the problem. Then people want it fixed NOW usually :)

Jill,
Anything planned for today? Are you going to the gym?

Ricci,
Do the kids start school today?

Well I need to get Hunter up and out the door. Thursday and Friday he decided he wants to ride the bus from now on :( So he rides only in the am. Only b/c my hubby's uncle is the bus driver. But now he wants to ride in the pm too :( He don't need mommy anymore lol..... But I told him I am gonna pick him up a little while longer :)

I guess we have decided to go ahead with Andrew's surgery. Hubby and I have been actually sitting there listening to his breathing now. We never knew exactly how bad it was until we listened to it all the time. So I am gonna call today and make the appt.

Ok I really need to get off here :)

Have a wonderful morning!
I will be back on after groceries this morning if anybody wants to do some challenges :) My house needs cleaning again :)

watkinsguru
08-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Yummy Mel, dinner sounds great. Happy birthday to your dh!!! How old is he?
Andrew woke up at 345 and went back to sleep,but I couldn't. I think I had too much on my mind. I don't ever intend on my kids going to school. I hope to always homeschool them. Today we are learning our new spelling words, reviewing Uu, reviewing consonants/vowels, learning story problems, and I think in Bible, it's the fall of Adam and Eve. She learned it last year, but this year it's put on alittle higher level for her. I'm prepared for school, now I've got to get prepared for breakfast.
TTYL

melmcc99
08-30-2004, 09:34 AM
dh is 38 today! HOpe you have a great day!

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone :) I missed you!

We're finally home LOL! We had a great time (minus the accident), but it's very nice to be back home. There's no way I can respond to every unread post, but I'll attempt to read through them when I get the chance :) I'll begin with yesterday's thread and then continue with today's . . .

Hi, Jill! Hope all is well with you.What are your plans for Bayley's party?

Geri- thanks for the card- it was unexpected and definitely made me smile :D We may postpone our FL trip a week because of the storm and also DH having to go to Tallahassee or something - or to cover the hurricane. If you postpone your trip, will you return to WI a few days later?

Crystal- I'll keep you and your family in my prayers- I know you and DH will make the decision that's best for you about the move.

Mel- so sorry it's been a bad week :( :grouphug: I wish for more sleep for you.

Spryng- just reading about your pet peeves made me get frustrated LOL! I can see why the in-law behavior would bug you . . . guess it's immaturity. Your BK lunch sounded good, though I think I'm fast-fooded out from all the time on the road.

Michelle- :cheer: :bravo: on the loss!!! Awesome!!! Your list of pet peeves makes me laugh.

Penny- Are you nervous about Andrew's surgery? My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry we didn't get to meet up. My big plan was for us to see you on our return trip, but because of the car accident, our schedule got messed up a bit. We had to spend a lot more time in Houston then we thought. Anyway. we must reschedule :( It's wonderful that you're enjoying teaching soooo much!

Jaymi- did Gaston get to your power?

Crystal- I'm so sorry the FL dream probably won't work out. I send my hugs your way :( I know it's hard when you begin to envision the possibilities and then things suddenly change. Well, if DH changes his mind, Ft. Meyers is nice- I don't know a huge amount about it, but it's a couple hours (maybe less) south of Tampa Bay - I used to live in Tampa. All the Gulf beaches are absolutely beautiful. Best beaches in the world, IMO. I'm glad you still may do the coffee house thing!

Deana- your motivation sounds awesome :) Sorry about DH and work :( I hope that all straightens itself out . . .

Mel- Happy B-day to DH :D :) Fill us in on how the party goes!

QOTHD Sunday: I hate when people don't change the toilet paper roll in the bathroom when it runs out. It's like: "you just used it! You have to know it's out. How hard is it to put a new one on?????" Second, I hate the thought of people looking in my windows at night and being able to see what I'm doing . . . even in hotel rooms, when it's dark enough for me to turn on the lights, those curtains are closed.

QOTD today: this is an excellent question, and it will be interesting to hear everyone's replies. I feel most guilty about time issues. Like if I want to be online here, or read a book, or even go out while DH is with Liam, or the sitter on Thursdays. Logically, I know I need a break now and then, and it refreshes me, but I still feel guilty about it.

Well, we had a wonderful time in San Anotonio - we just loved the River Walk area and wanted to hang out there forever. We were also in a beautiful hotel, which helps LOL. It was wonderful to not have to do anything - I actually read a whole book while I was there and just hung out. I did not stay OP, but we did walk a lot, so maybe I maintained. I'm not sure, but today I'm back OP :) Our car is still in Houston being repaired . . . do you want to know the estimated cost of damages??? $9,000 some odd dollars! Hooray for insurance, though.

One cute story- in our hotel room, I was using the mini bar frig to keep Liam's bottles cold. I didn't realize that every time an item was moved/removed in the frig, we were charged for it. During checkout, the woman looked at Liam and asked if I had been using the frig for his stuff because there were tons of charges for lite beers - I said yes and then she removed the charges. Well, DH was teasing Liam and asked him, "Did you drink all the lite beer?" Liam promptly pointed up at the light on the ceiling! LOL. He always points at the lights when I ask him, "Where's the light?" so he understood the "lite/light" part of what DH said . . .

Anyway, I better get my day started! TTYL!

melmcc99
08-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Leigh, WELCOME HOME! WE MISSED YOU! I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound and that story about the beer was just too funny., lol How funny the refriderater works that way. Also, you qotd answer made me frustrated too. I hate when people do that, they know its empty or even better, they leave one stuck on piece just so they don't feel like they have too. Same thing with the iced tea in the fridge. My brother is famous for that. He leave 2 ounces in the bottom and says, I didn't finish the iced tea....grrrr Laziness at it's best! or worst depending on what side of the coin your on. Wow too on the amount of cost to fix the car...yuk

mompen
08-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Oh my Leigh,
That is just too funny about the frig! ........ lol :lol: I think that made my day....lol I just loved the riverwalk! Did you go in all those gift shops? and the alamo thing? Congrats on catching up so well!

Mel,
Sorry our posts got crossed. What is up with Bugga? I feel sooooo bad for you. I am not sure what to tell you :( Hang in there and do your best considering :( That cake sounds soooo cute!!! I love that idea!! Hope dh has a wonderful bday :balloons: :) :)

Crystal,
I forgot to answer the qotd... :(

I feel guilty when I leave the kids somewhere to do something for me.. like the dr. or to go somewhere with dh. I run to get them as soon as I can. :)

As for getting something for myself, I don't feel guilty at all. I have needs too and as long as they are not hurting, neglected, or being endangered in any way, then there is no need for me to feel guilty.:)

Ok Now WHO SENT THIS RAIN HERE???? Didn't I tell you to keep it with you? :lol: I am now stuck inside cleaning......lol Which is what my house needed anyways.....lol But I will run to get groceries after I am finished :)

Ok I will catch you a bit later :)

mompen
08-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Ok MEL!

You snuck in AGAIN......lol

:) Hope you are having a better day :)

MichelleRae
08-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Girls!!

Leigh Welcome home!!! That story about Liam and the Lights is sooo cute!!!! I'm glad you had fun inspite of the accident!!

Mel I hope you have a wonderful day girly!!

Penny Taylor needs her tonsils/adnoids removed as well but I'm so hesitant to do it for a few reasons, one being how young she is, and how frightened she will be, I want to do it when she'll understand what will be happening but mostly its me being a paranoid mommy. I would have the same doctor do hers that did mine 2.5 years ago he was great. Good Luck, and I hope it goes well but you'll have to let me know!

QOTD: No I don't ever feel guilty, I realize that I also need to take care of myself and realize that I need things too and I'm talking about both tangible and intangible. I think of it like this, If I'm not happy how am I going to be a productive mother and wife? So I'll do stuff for myself as well as the children and hubby.

Did I mention that I suprised hubby with a new pair of Doc Martens the other day? I also got the girls some new clothes even though they don't need them, I couldnt resist! But I also got myself some earrings from clairs so they weren't expensive.

Anyway both girls have doctor appts today teagan is behind with her shots and taylor needs her 3 year checkup I'm not sure if she'll need any shots or not. I'm going to have the doctor listen to teagans breathing because its raspy but I suspect its loose vocal chords. Our Bowflex will be here today around 10 am and after hubby puts it together I'm going to work out! I'm sooo stoked!!

Ok I need to feed my lil monsters I'll be back soon.
Love to all!
Michelle

need2losemore
08-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Good morning.
Penny, Eric started school two weeks ago, and I start school tonight. It was Spryng who sent the rain. She's been sending it to me too. :lol: Anyway, not much planned for today.
QOTD: Yes, I always feel guilty. it's like, I could be using this money for something the boys need instead of me.
QOTD from Sunday: Where should I start? People who say they want to do something, and then don't, people who say they don't know why their broke, and then go out and spend money on junk they don't need, bad drivers,and my biggest one is people who don't dress their kids properly in the winter. Have a great day.

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Hi again :) I was attempting to be productive . . . got 1 load of laundry folded, washed some of Liam's toys . . . but then Liam got mad and demanded attention. So now I'm trying to get him to take a nap while I type with one hand :D

Mel- I hope somehow you get more rest soon :( I totally know what you mean about leaving stuff in the frig essentially empty. I guess that's the same gene LOL.

Penny- yes, we went to the Alamo, which is interesting - the part that remains is much smaller than I envisioned. And I shopped way too much of course. I spent entirely too much on an evening bag I fell in love with. I almost talked myself out of it, but DH is an evil enabler. You sound a bit like me with the time-guilt :)

Michelle- I know what you mean about being freaked out over Taylor having surgery. It's hard to know what might scare her more- being able to understand she needs surgery, or doing it while she's too young to completely understand. How sweet of you to surprise DH and the girls with some gifts :) Definitely let us know what Bowflex is like!

Hmm- Liam's wide awake . . .

watkinsguru
08-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Ricci, I agree with the not dressing kids right. I hate that. And then the kids are sick and they don't know why...grrrrrr!!!!

Welcome home Leigh. Glad you're back and enjoyed Texas. San Antonio is great.

spryng
08-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Good morning all!!
At 10 am (central) Michelle and I will do a flylady challenge so if anyone wants to join it will be on our yahoo messengers! All are welcome!

Ok, slept good last night, and feel good today! I peeked at the scale and it is moving down stil!!! And today is only monday so I'm hoping for a great loss this week, but I won't tell until friday!
Planned for today.... housework ONLY! I know I'll probably do alot of catching up during that challenge today, but I also want to mop sometime today too, so that will be later, and exercise during nap time today.

Leigh, welcome home!!! Don't worry about being off plan while gone... it happens and you know you'll get right back OP now and continue where you left off. Your trip sounded like fun and I laughed when you spoke about Liam and the light... so cute! How about when people get out a new roll of toilet paper and instead of putting it on the roll dispenser they set it on TOP of it????! lol.. I'm sure that will do it for you too, lol

Ricci, sorry about the rain! LOL.. it was bad here for a couple days, KC really got flooded... but clear here today!!

Oh I forgot the QOTD--- I dont really feel guilty anymore about things... I know I deserve stuff too and time to myself. I felt guilty leaving the kids for a week when I went with DH out on the road, but you know what? They enjoyed it and I enjoyed it so it was a win win situation and we were all ready to get home when it was over.

Michelle, so exciting about bowflex!!! Which one did you get? Does your dh want to use it too? Did you by chance copy those games for me?? Don't worry if you haven't, I know you are super busy!

Mel, my dh b-day was yesterday! He turned 28.

Crystal, hope today is a good one for you! What I would do, if I were in your situation, is sit down with your dh and have him write out a list of pros and cons of moving to Fl verses staying there, building a new house and starting another business there... he may have to see it in writing before he would decide one way or another. Just a suggestion.

Jill, I know you will love harvest moon! It's alot of fun. I bought mine at full price because I too saw what they were going for on ebay and with the shipping and all that is was cheaper for me to buy it here. You could rent it though and see how you like it! That is what I did and I got addicted the first night.

Deana, so sorry your dh's job is stressing you out. My dh only gets 4 days a month off so I know how you want them home more. I'm sure it will work itself out.

OK, gotta get dressed real quick before the challenge starts... TYYL!

MichelleRae
08-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Spryng the games will be copied today!! I've been busy so I'll do it today after our challenge! :)

I forgot to tell everyone yesterday a plane crashed in to a house here in my town, it was two blocks from where my mom lives now, and where we lived before we bought this house ( we rented my moms house) but get this, the house that was crashed in to was one that we looked at when we were buying, but luckily it already had a contract on it! Man I've been going through the what ifs after hearing about that!!

Check it out at www.dailyinterlake.com

watkinsguru
08-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Spryng, glad you got a good nights sleep. I'd love to join the challenge, but that's right when we start school.
Thanks for your idea, but like I was talking to one of my friend's this morning she said that my dh is picky and different. He doesn't listen well to logical discussion. He just.....I don't know....he's just different. Let's just say he's lucky to have me with my old fashioned values, because there aren't many women that would have stayed with him. He's picky about his food (gripes about left overs, will take his lunch but not sandwiches but can't tell me what else he wants), his toiletries (ie: toilet paper, soap, shampoo; for crying out loud he shaves his head to almost nothing but will only use Pantene one of the most expensive shampoos). He pretty much said my idea won't work and he KNOWS his will. All I can do is just follow him, as the wife and pray it's the best.
Okay, we're schooling and then hopefully napping.

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Okay, this time, Liam really is falling asleep LOL. He let me get a bunch of delicates separated, but I still need to do the washes. As for the already completed loads, I have that 1/2 folded. Once Liam is deeply asleep, I'll finish laundry and finish washing toys and separating them into groups. I like keeping his toys very organized LOL. Oh! And tomorrow the new bedroom furniture arrives, but DH and I still have o get stuff out of that bedroom, but my new decor pics should be coming soon :)

Hi Crystal :) DH sounds like he's very set in his ways. Now, are his parents definitely moving then? I'd think after they're gone maybe he'll miss being close to them and want to move.

Spryng- I have to look into this Harvest Moon thingie- not that I really need another reason to stay on the computer LOL! It's so exciting that you're still losing!

Michelle- OMG! That is too freaky about the house!!! Stuff like that just freaks me out.

Okay, gotta actually get something done . . .

jbbm
08-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Good Morning Girls Late!

Spryng, is peanut butter allowed on the core, what about apples? I would like the list of foods because I may join!! Do you have to pay or register at the WW official site? I would just like to know if I am eating "CORE" foods. Thank you so much!

Sorry I can't get personal but I have tons of phone calls to make and the kids need help right now finding a TOY :lol:!
Julie

Bayleysmom
08-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Allright girls looks like we're back to normal on this thing! It's been a long time since I've gotten up and there were already 2 pages!! So not much planned for me today, I'm going to the gym and then I'll be back to clean and hopefully do another flylady challenge. I was bummed you were already doing one when I got up, I guess that's what I get for sleeping in, right? Also need to list some stuff on e-bay and see if I can make a little money. LOL

Crystal hope everything works out for you.

Mel Happy B-day to your DH!! That jello sounds soooooooooooo good! Send some my way won't ya?!

Penny I would be sad about the bus thing too :( I am already seeing that my little baby doesn't need me as much as she used to and sometimes prefers other people over me, how dare her LOL She's not even 1 yet and I can see how hard it will be for me to see her grow up, I want my little baby back LOL. I know Andrew will be fine in surgery. I think you are doing what's best for him. He will breathe so much better! Good luck with all of that! I hope that storm doesn't come your way! Have fun grocery shopping.

Yea!! Leigh your back. Glad you had a good trip! I was jelous when you said you went shopping, I want to go shopping sooooooooooooo bad. I need to be shopping for the baby though so I guess I will hold off. Her b-day is on the 19th and we are going to do her party in the park across the street and the theme is ladybugs, it's what I decorated her room in so I figured it would be a good way to finish off her first year. Anyway that story about the light beer was soooooooooooooooo cute I was laughing out loud, it made my day! Glad your back safe and sound.

Michelle soooooooooo scary about that plane, near misses are scary cause you sit there and think about what if I was there or in your case what if I would have bought that house but you have to think that there is a reason you didn't so that's why your safe!! I hope to come do flylady again when I get back. Glad you are back!!! We missed you! Have fun with the bowflex!

Ricci good luck with school today!! Let us know how it goes!

Spryng thanks for the idea of renting the game, I think I may go do that today! I am always leary of buying a game before I've played it anyway and this way I can get my fix and then maybe ask for it for my b-day or something. Glad you had a good sleep, are you going to be up for flylady later too?! I hope so!

Ok well I just remembered Bayley has a snotty nose still and I can't take her to the gym daycare when she is sick so I guess I will take her on a fast walk and hopefully I can work up a sweat and get a workout in. I'm sure it will be just as good. Ok I'll talk to you ladies later!!

spryng
08-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Ok, I'm back!!
Lunch ended up being breakfast for me, lol. I made the kids some cheese quesadillas with baby carrots and ranch to dip them in and I had two fried eggs, a hashbrown and a slice of lean ham. It was tasty!! Tanner started getting really cranky after lunch time and at 12:30 he was so tired so he went down for a nap early. So I got in my exercise already!! I just got out of a nice cool shower... so refreshing after a hot workout. I forgot to tape denise austin this morning so I did my Firm dvd, lower body. Would you classify that as intense workout?? I was sweating through the entire thing and huffing. and I know my heart rate was up there, so according the the activity pts calculator that would be intense and worth 2 pts!! I'm going to start counting my pts so I don't have to use many of my weekly pts.. I'm making Taco Junk for dinner tonight and those 2 pts will be used on my LC tortillas. :)

Jill, there will be a flybabies challenge tonight at the ivillage site and Michelle and I plan on joining then, it's at 7 pm central time, so 5 pm your time. Wanna come?? Do you have any workout videos?

Julie, no peanut butter is not on the core list, because it is a trigger food for many people and some will binge on it, but you can use your weekly pts for it! So it's not off limits, just not on the list. And apples are... all fruit are except dried fruit. I sent you a pm so email me when you get it and if you have any more questions ok? So how are you doing?

Leigh, harvest moon is for the gamecube and it's alot of fun! And I think even though we are grown with kids and all that we can still play games!! LOL.. keeps our minds young ;)

Crystal, I understand completely how your dh is... I have some men on my side of the family that are that way too. And I agree with whoever said that maybe once his family moves to FL he may change his mind and want to go too.

Michelle, was anyone in the house when the plane crashed??! Too scary. Did your bowflex arrive? Which one is it?

Well, I'm off to scour the net. TTYL!

jbbm
08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I got it Spryng, thanks a bunch!

Bayleysmom
08-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey everyone, got back from my walk a while ago, took a shower and got the baby down for a nap and now I am eating some shredded pork on a tortilla. It's pretty good, it's leftovers from friday. I think I got some good exercise on my walk so I feel good about that. Dinner tonight it asian tomato beef in the crock pot, I might cry if it doesnt turn out since that is the story of my life lately!! Looks good so far so we will see! So my house is almost in CHAOS right now. I kind of let it slide this weekend cause I was preoccupied with other things but it's back to business today for sure!! Mel and I were going to try and have a challenge in a little bit so if anyone is up for it go ahead and join! The flybabies chat tonight sounds good too, I will probably do it then too if dinner is not ready yet. What is everyone else having for dinner tonight?

Spryng glad you got your workout in! I have one workout tape and it is a denise austin pilates tape. It's pretty good but I prefer things that really get you sweaty and that one doesnt do it for me. Hopefully Bayley cold will be gone tomorrow so I can get back to the gym. I really want to do some weights. Ok now you have me planning my day so I can go to the video rental store and get Harvest Moon! I hope the place down the street has it or I'll have to go all the way into town and I don't want to do that.

Ok well I better get cleaning, I've done enough procrastinating!! TTYL!

Chubba
08-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey ladies,

It's Monday...your all yakkin' like crazy again :lol: .

LEIGH! Welcome back. Glad you had a great time. I've only heard great things about San Antonio. Dh's brother used to live there before Coral Springs. Hmmmm...someone up there has something against any of us meeting I think...you didn't get to hook up with Penny and we're not going to be able to either this time around. Our plan as of now is to just keep watching the news :lol: . Well, depending on what happens we may just head down anyway and stay up in the north towards Tallahassee for the holiday weekend and then head down to the Keys...if they still exist that is! We'll make a final decision probably on Wed.

Spryng...congrats on the exercise! Darn, I can't hassle you again :lol: :p .

Penny..aka SUPER MOM! I may be able to get my exercise in, but I need to get my sleep in too! You seem to never sleep. Thanks for the note!

Michelle...how's the bowflex? I'm going to go back and read that story right after I post. I heard a blurb on the news and thought of you right away...who knew it was really that close?????

QOTD...I feel guilty every time I take a 2 hour bikeride and leave the kids with Dh...like I don't deserve to take care of myself, right?? I also feel guilty when I'm exercising and don't stop to pick up Tony when he wants me to. I tell him he can wait. Apparently I don't feel guilty enough :lol: !

OK ladies, gotta run. Hope you're all doing well! Big HELLO to all.

I'll be back tonight after WI. Have a great afternoon.

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Bueno afternoon all :D Well, I have 10 points left for the day . . . DH won't be home for dinner, so I'm trying to figure out which frozen meal I want and how to work the points out so I have at least 2 for dessert :) I'll let you know how it works out since I'm terrible at math :lol:

Julie- hope your day calmed down a bit!

Spryng- I think that sounds like intense exercise LOL - count it as two points!

Jill- I also prefer workouts where I sweat :) Strange since I'm completely lazy otherwise LOL.

Hi, Geri :) Yes, we definitely have to postpone our FL trip for at least a week because DH has to be there all week to cover the possible hurricane. And I don't want to bring Liam down when the weather is so bad . . . and also, then DH won't get any vacation- he'll be working the whole time. So, we're putting it off . . .

Okay, I'm starving, so maybe I can scrounge up a low-point snack!

MichelleRae
08-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey girls!

I went and saw the plane crash there were 5 or 6 news crews there and the block was cordoned off but omg was it sad thankfully no one was in the house when it happend but it killed their family dog that was sitting on the front porch :( I don't know whats going on in my town but we had TWO tragedies here in the same day, Last night our Bowling Alley blew up and burned to the ground The bowling alley is 6 blocks from the plane crash its just nuts on that side of town! I'm so sad, I felt safe here now I don't know. so scary!

I got a new vacuum cleaner today and a new hardfloor cleaner machine woo hoo!! Takes the work out of housework!

Ok I'm leaving now to take the girls to get their shots I'll be back later!!

Oh spryng we got the Crossbow Platinum but its just like a bowflex but cheaper, $999 we paid for it! The delivery company hasn't got here yet but we're patiently waiting!

TTYL!!
Michelle

watkinsguru
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Michelle, are they saying how the plane crash happened or the blow up alley? So sorry to hear that. It's terrible.
We had purchased the bowflex a few years ago and dh HATED it, so we sent it back for the 30 day guarantee. I think it could work for some people, but yet again, my dh is really picky.....about everything.
Hope all is well. I've been surfing all day getting info on starting a business in Texas. It will have to be a while, because of our credit, but at least I'll know everything I need to know by then.
Gotta go.

MichelleRae
08-30-2004, 05:14 PM
They don't know how either of them happened they are still investigating Its just so sad.
We didn't get the bowflex brand machine which is made by nautilus we got a model thats better than the top of the line model by bowflex and its called the platinum crossbow made by weider I can't wait to try it!! I wish they would hurry up and get here!!

Ok I really need to leave the house and get the girls to the doctor!
TTYL

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Okay, I just had 8 points for supper (yes, early) and am hoping I won't feel as hungry. I'm not sure why I'm starving except maybe because I'm back OP after a week or so off . . . Well, I now have 2 points for a Skinny Cow for dessert - I suppose I could always use 2 or 3 flexpoints if I truly need a little snack.

Michelle- sorry so many bad things have happened recently in your area. I'm sure things will get back to normal ASAP!

Crystal- I'm glad you're looking into buisness ideas - it's probably good to do a lot of research first so you know better what to expect.

Well, I did get a fair amount done, but there's still a whole heck of a lot left to do :lol: As always, huh? I think I've done 8 million loads of laundry all in one day. When DH gets home, we're going to clear out the guest room as best we can. One day at a time . . .

Deana1113
08-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Let me see if I can get personal here and remember who said what :LOL:

Spryng: Yes it is hard when dh isn't home much. I know how it is with a truck driver. I grew up a trucker's daughter. But with my dh, his job wasn't supposed to be this way and they just won't hire anyone new so they don't have to work extra. You would think that hiring a couple more ppl would save them money since they have to pay so much in OT and double time. Oh well, maybe it won't last much longer. I'd really like to see him more. We've been married almost 6 years but it has flown by and we still feel like newlyweds.... :smug:.

Michelle: So scary about that plane. Good thing you didn't buy it. Good luck with the Bowflex.

Crystal: Good luck in whatever you choose to do. Running a business can be very hectic sometimes. I guess it just depends on what kind and how many hours you have to put into it.

Leigh: Glad you all had a good time and made it back safely. I too laughed at the story about the beer. Too funny.

Jill: WTG on the excercise.

Penny: Don't be too scared about Andrew's surgery. Both of my middle boys had to have surgery when they were each 2 yr 7 mo old for double hernias. They told me it was hereditary. Their dad had one when he was younger and another when he was in his 30's. They really know how to take care of kids nowdays and mine both came out ready to run a race. My best advice, to you and Michelle, would be to do it now while they don't really know how to react. Then just take one day at a time. Kids bounce back so fast because they don't know how to play it for all that it's worth, like most men.....LOL. And about the bus thing, they just grow up too fast and want to be independent too soon. As long as you know and trust the bus driver, let him do it to make sure he likes it. He may decide it's better to have Mommy pick him up.

Mel: Happy Birthday to dh. Mine just turned 39 a couple weeks ago. About Bugga, have you checked to make sure there isn't anything bothering him, like maybe teething, that is keeping him up at night? Sometimes they can be fine during the day then something bothers them at night. Just a thought. Let me know. And good luck getting more sleep.

Ricci: Good luck with school. I would love to go back but the time just isn't right yet. Can't afford a sitter for 3 kids while I go.

Gerri: Good luck at WI. Mine is tomorrow and I can't wait to see a good loss. Let us know how it goes.

QOTD: YES!!!!!! I feel guilty every time I buy something for me. I'm not bringing in any money and feel like dh should be able to get the things he needs for the business and pay the bills, buy groceries, etc. but I don't feel like I should spend it on me. Then I went to Walmart today and bought a WATP with stretchie, some hair bands and Slim Fast Hot meal options. I spent around $35 on myself and felt so guilty. But I'm trying to convince myself that I need it all to get healthier and look better. That, I am doing for the family. So I can do more with the kids and be a better wife to dh. I also want to feel good about me.

I also added a mini goal in my signature. I'm sure I can do it. It's almost 11 weeks and I set myself to lose 27.5 more by then. I CAN AND WILL DO IT !!!!!!!!

Kiddos just got home from school and have to get dh up soon, then start supper. I'll try to get back later. Will get up early tomorrow to try out the WATP. I thought about Tae-Bo but then saw the WATP and figures I would like it better. I know a woman in town that has the Tae-Bo tapes so I may see if I can borrow them to see if I like them before I go and buy them.

Til later.........

Jaymi_Dol_78
08-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Hello Chickadees! Whew I havenít been here in a while! That tropical storm took away our power yesterday. And now itís the first time Iím taking a break. I've started my new diet.. and so far I've done great... I havenít exercised yet though. I weighed in today too because I'm starting a new.. and I'm up to 146. :eek: :cry: That really really sucks! But... who's fault is it... MINE duh! I know that I haven't been eating right or even exercising... I should be grateful that it's not more than that! I've been known to gain 10 lbs in a week before. So anyways I went spent about 20 bucks on some f/f milk and so forth.. I havent even gotten into my points yet for today. I will save that for dinner. I'm doing great except for this headache. I have been having a headache every day now.. It's starting to get annoying! But it doesnít stay ALL day, but it goes a way and comes back.. I wonder what it is. It can't be sugar withdrawal... since I ate so badly this weekend! We went over to my husbands friends house... and I met his wife. She is very nice, and they have a 3 yr old. But she's not skinny, and not worried about her weight. She's really pretty too. But the thing was that they ordered pizza... so it was either eat or starve... and i ate! So anyways I got some work to do.. but I'm going to get my weight back under control.. I know this! Anyways.. time is running short and I have to finish dinner. My daughter doesnít seem to want to take her nap.. so she's driving me insane! I hope everyone is having a great day! I will try to come back later and get personal. Jaymi

ECmom
08-30-2004, 06:46 PM
This has been the longest summer.......and I did not get a darned thing done!!!!!!
For those of you who do not remember me~ I am the former SAHM- mother of 3, and just sent our oldest off to college. What insanity that was!!
I miss this thread, but it is too busy for me to keep up with on a daily basis.......so I am here for a quick hello.
Just a few quickies..... Crystal, how is the pregnancy going??? You feeling good, I ho-pe? Leigh- hope you make it thru the day within points....drink, drink, drink.........
Michele- how sad to have 2 horrible accidents in your area in such a short time! And I thought that Montana was a safe place too! Hugs.
Geri- trying to plan a getaway???? Hope the weather stays ok for you. How are Will and Tony doing?
Spryng- congrats on still losing.....keep throwing the WW Questions to me if you have them. I figure I will get to a meeting Wed nite.
Sorry I have missed lots of folks......just stopped in to say hello before school starts, which is Thursday. I am NOT looking foward to that at all!!!!!!! Summer went too quickly, and now all the schedules etc......return. As far as WW goes, this weekend for me was a blow out- and I am not sure if I am going to do core plan or stay flex.
I might give core a try for a week or two, which is basically what they suggest.
Guess I'd better go do some vacuuming.........Hi to everyone!!!!
Ginny

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Deana- WTG with the new mini-goal- I know you can do it!

Jaymi-what new diet are you doing? I'm sure you've already said, but I think it was when I was away . . . Hope it helps remotivate you. I am recommited . . . especially since I want to wear my garnet anklet soon and have to hit 152 before I put it on LOL!

Ginny- Welcome back! I'm still within my points today, but will drink more :) Sounds like you had a very hectic summer! Don't feel like you have to reply to every single post- it's just good to know you're doing well.

TTYL!

ECmom
08-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Someone mentioned the Leslie Sansone tape with the stretchie.....How is it??Is the stretchie worth it?????? (forgive me for being lame brained and not remembering who bought them!)
Ginny

spryng
08-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Hello again!

Dinner was fantastic!! I made taco Junk... I think I posted the recipe here a couple days ago. But anyway, it was so good! I put some ff cheese, avocado slices and sour cream on top of the meat mixture and YUM! I had two! (used both AP's I earned today and it was worth it!) the kids loved it too. So I'll be making that one again soon!
Wanted to share some good news with you all.... I am now a moderator of the Core board!!! I'm so excited! I asked a few days ago about it and I just found out I was approved! That doesn't mean you'll see less of me, lol.. I actually post on it all the time and still haven't missed posting here! So don't worry! I'm not going anywhere! But since this is such a new program it's so nice to be able to help others get started too.

Ginny!!! So nice to see you here!! How are ya? And I will definitely take you up on those ww questions! LOL... and I would encourage you to at least try core for one week... I mean you have nothing to lose (except maybe a few lbs!) and you can always go right back to flex if it isn't for you. But the success has been great on core. Let me know how everyone at your meeting likes it ok? I'm always interested in hearing how others are taking it and doing on it. And come back more often!! We are still a busy thread but quickies are ok!!

jaymi, I think you are going to do great!! Hang in there and I hope that headache subsides... maybe it's just stress? maybe you are sleeping wrong and causing it? my dh gets back headaches if his neck is wrong on his pillow.

Deana, I know what you mean about the 6 years flying by! We just celebrated our 6 th anniversary back in april and boy, it went by too fast. We are best friends though so every year gets better and better it seems. I think your mini goal sounds great! We will help you achieve it!

Leigh, if I go off plan I always feel so hungry the day I start over again... so it is probably just that. Tomorrow you should feel less hungry. Just keep guzzling that water to flush everything out and to help fill you up some. Sounds like you have been busy since you got home! relax a little!! LOL

Michelle, I've seen that machine! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Geri, what am I doing to you!! LOL.. can't hassle me anymore, lol. Sure you can!! Hassle me about being on this computer too much, lol. So is that storm going to affect your vacation?

Jill, how did your dinner come out? or is still too early there? Did you go rent that game?? And I am the opposite of you, I like workout where I DON'T sweat, lol... I loved my pilates because of that.. but my cousin has it right now. I need to get it back.

Well, I need to get off here. TTYL!

Bayleysmom
08-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Well dinner won't be ready till about 6 so another couple hours. I might take it out sooner though cause I think it will be done. I'm planning a little date night for me and dh. We've been wanting to see a movie lately but there is nothing out that we both want to see but Without a Paddle is out and I heard it was funny so I think we will go do that tonight. I'll let you know how dinner turns out.

Spryng congrats on the moderator job! I know you will be great at it!! Dinner sounded good, I don't remember you posting that recipe, will you post it again?!! I didn't get to rent that game, I walked all the way down to the video store in the hot sun and they only had N64 games! I was mad, maybe I'll get it on the way back from the movies, there is a blockbuster over there. I'll let you know if I get it.

Jaymi glad to see that you are ok and survived the storm. Good luck on the new plan!! I know you can do it!

Ok sorry if I missed any of you! I need to get some more cleaning done. I feel like I haven't done anything today!! Hopefully I can join you at 5 for flylady! TTYL

meltin
08-30-2004, 08:59 PM
The storm came our way! Everyone is safe though. We lost power for a day and the cable just came back! I will get back once I check all of my e-mails.

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Spryng- taco junk sounds awesome and very delicious. I love Mexican food.

Jill- ohhh- date nights are always fun!

Well, DH should be home in a half-hour or so . . . I may eat my Skinny Cow or WW dessert now. I'm watching a special on Mark/Lori Hacking case on A&E. You know me and true crime! LOL.

Bayleysmom
08-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Leigh let me know some of the details on that show, we cancelled our satellite so I don't get to watch all that good stuff!!

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Jill- so far, it's very interesting. Apparently, Mark really was a great guy and did not start lying until his mid-twenties. Lori and Mark were High School sweethearts, so they knew each other very well by the time they married in 1999. But Mark seemingly began feeling pressure to achieve academically and to become a doctor. Lori especially was tied to the idea of him being a doc. Now, why he didn't feel he could just go to her and say, "Look, I'm really not into this academic thing and want a different goal," I don't know- I mean, at that point he made the choice to deceive her and tell her he was still in school even though he'd dropped out. Also, apparently she caught him lying about being in school earlier in their relationship (maybe January of 2003??) and they had a big fight about it. Then they made up and he promised to re-enroll . . . he did, but very briefly and then never told her he dropped out. I'll continue to fill you in LOL.

Bayleysmom
08-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks Leigh!

Loveliam
08-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Jill- I feel horrible for her family, and also his because they seem genuinely upset and stunned by his actions- and they took his confession to the police. He didn't cover his trail very well, which makes it seem like he was a bit out of his mind . . . or just so arrogant that he thought he wouldn't be suspected?? I don't know. Very sad.

Deana1113
08-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Good evening all.

Ginny: Hi, nice to meet you. I am Deana, SAHM of 4....3 boys 16, 8, 7 and a girl 4. I'm the one that bought the Leslie Sansone tapes today. I was going to wait til tomorrow to start them but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Had a little time before I had to cook supper so I put it in, and the whole family it seemed like was in here doing it with me.....well dh was on here but he knew what I was doing. I loved it. It's a great workout and it works parts that you don't feel burn when walking on say a track or the sidewalk. And then to incorporate the stretchie into it just makes it better. Geeeez now I can't wait to do it again :D . I want to work up to the 2nd and 3rd miles, so I will probably spend a week on 1 mile then increase.

Spryng: Congrats on making moderator. Sure you'll have fun helping others get started. And thank you for the support, I know I can do it and if I don't you will all push me, right? ;) I told dh today after my WATP that by his 40th birthday next August, I will be at 150. That's 100 lbs in a year from start. Told him he would get older and I would get thinner :smug: He likes the idea. Also told him I wish I could totally avoid all the ppl I know around here for the next year and just show up 100 lbs lighter. It would totally blow minds......hehehe.

Melinda and Jaymi: Glad you are both safe and sound. I've never been near a hurricane, don't want to be....our midwest tornadoes are enough for me to worry about.

Leigh: I know I can too. Thank you for the vote of confidence. WI is tomorrow morning so I'm :crossed:

Well, oldest is at scouts, other 3 are watching a movie, then bedtime in an hour....WOOHOO...then it's me time. I really need to do my nails tonight.

Hope everyone has a great evening. See ya in the morning.

jbbm
08-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi girls

Welcome back Leigh, I missed you! Sorry to hear about the accident but I am glad you guys are okay. It could have been so much more worse. Oh I wish I would have gotten to see the Mark and Lori show. You and me are the detectives of the bunch :lol:. It is an interesting story. Pretty scary that all these men are just snapping, mark, scott peterson, etc. Maybe they will replay it. I love skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I have not had one in a while. Enjoy it girl!

Spryng, congrats on the moderator for the core board. I think you will be a great leader. You have had so much success with weight watchers so far. I did not to to good core eating for dinner, I don't think anyway, I had one baked sweet potatoe in the micro. and a piece of frozen pizza. We had a appt. tonight so I needed something quick. Bad excuse though, huh? I am glad you dinner turned out. It sounded yummy, wish I was there :lol:!!

Well, gonna try and relax from somewhat of a stressful day today. My hus and I are fighting about which pre-k to send my son to. He is just so stuck in his ways sometimes, well most of the times and always thinks he makes the best decisions for the family. Ugh, I could go on but I don't want to bring anyone down with me. I shed some tears over it. And I am just going to have to come up with something, but he is like talking to a darn wall! Sorry for the rant.

Hi to everyone else out there. Good night, Julie

mompen
08-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Julie,
Sorry you and hubby are agruing over the prek situation. Hope everything works out! I know it will :)

Deana,
Great thinking about being 100 pounds lighter! Good for yoU!

Leigh,
How are you doing back at home? Did you get everything unpacked? Do you have any pics for us?

Jill,
Hope you got some cleaning done tonight! Sorry the baby unplugged the puter.... :(

Well I am gonna get to bed early tonight. I am beat for some reason :(

I just wanted to say I have alot of baby food coupons and diaper coupons if anyone needs them just pm me with your addy. I can send them out tomorrow with no problem. So expire soon but I have way too many and alot of them I can't even use :)

Jaymi_Dol_78
08-31-2004, 12:00 AM
:sunny: Stayed on plan all day today!
:sunny: I exercised 60 minutes Denise Austin!
:sunny: (I overcame procrastination! YAY!)
:sunny: Still Drinking my water!
:sunny: I have new motivation!

P.S. Hello!!! Leigh, Julie, Penny, Spryng, Michelle, Deana, Crystol, Geri, Ginny, Jill, and I know I missed some of you...but please forgive me!

Chubba
08-31-2004, 12:01 AM
Hello everyone,

Spryng...yep, I can hassle you about your on-line time...but I'm just jealous! I talked to Dh about moving the computer upstairs...you know..so I could do my banking and stuff without having to sneak downstairs when the boys aren't watching me...yeah, that's it :lol: . He doesn't want to do that...so my idea is to get a laptop for christmas and do a wireless network. We don't need a big expensive one just for me to keep up with you girls :o ooops, I mean to do the banking and such! Congrats on becoming the moderator :D .

Leigh... when is your furniture coming again? Tomorrow? Soon I know because you're moving furniture ;) . When do you (or did you) get your car back? Hope the trucker's ins is paying. So glad to have you back.

Ginny... there is no way to keep up with this thread anymore :p . Except maybe on the weekends! Hard to belive you're going back to work already! Please pop in every once in a while and say hey! Will and Tony are devilish and beastly as always :devil: :devil: ! Thanks for asking..hee hee. Will's not potty trained yet..I think Tony will beat him :^: . I'll work on that more after vacation.

Julie... you and Dh will come to some type of decision... hopefully you'll both be happy with the outcome. :D You can vent here anytime. I used to watch Court TV all the time and the shows on A&E..the titles escape me now...but Will watches PBS kids at night so unless I come down here or in our room I don't get to watch my sattelite :^: . Anyway... I don't know what you and Leigh are talking about...Scott's sooooo innocent.........NOT! Do you think it's just a coincidence that Mark's last name is Hacking??? OK, so he used a gun. OK, enough from me :dizzy: .

Melinda and Jaymi...glad you're both safe and back with us. That storm sure is dumping the rain.

Deana...I love Leslie and WATP. I usually do the 3 mile power walk..with wrist weights..takes about 40 minutes. I also have the 4 mile super challenge that takes an hour. I love that I am coordinated enough to follow the tapes and I still get a great workout even after doing it a billion times. After a while though you start to hear her instructing you in your sleep :lol: . Don't know what I would do without her! We 200 + plus women don't do too well with aerobics usually, so this is great!! Congrats on starting her.

Jill, have fun on your movie date. We haven't done that since Finding Nemo :lol: (that was Dh's choice of movie for us...not mine!). Last time we went out it was just dinner then driving around.

Michelle...HUGS! Want you to feel safe! It'll get better honey :D . Did your delivery come???? Tell us all about it. How are the girls??? Have all of the birthday presents been played with?? What did she get? I can't remember if you told us.

Hello to everyone I missed! I need to go to sleep now. Have to work tomorrow so I won't be on until night time.

WI today................ down 1.5 lbs! Amazing how eating better works! Sheesh! I'm only up .5 lbs from my low now....so wish me luck over vacation. I don't WI again officially until 9/20 (YIKES!) We're coming back on the 13th, but I'm not going to TOPS that night. I'm sure I'll be too tired after the long drive. As far as now...we're still planning on leaving Thursday. We'll see. The track right now is Miami/southern FL... just a little south of where we're going for the weekend :( .

Have a wonderful night. OMG! I almost forgot to tell you.... just before I woke up this morning I had a horrible dream... I was with my bf and I was dropping a cake off at a bank (why???) anyway I had a note in the cake that said something about baking it in memory of the son that I had lost...and then I turned to my bf and said "I can't believe I forgot that Tony died" and I started wailing ! :( YIKES! What does all that mean?????????? No bad dreams for me tonight! :) Love ya girls!!

Bayleysmom
08-31-2004, 02:37 AM
Ok so I just had my post almost done and my computer froze!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate that! Ok so I am going to put what I said earlier in a nutshell cause I am tired and everyone is in bed and probably won't read it anyway! The movie was funny and I ate popcorn and licorice and drank a coke so tomorrow is back OP! Dinner was good for once! And Harvest Moon was rented out and I couldn't get it! So my mission tomorrow is to find Harvest Moon and rent it!! Ok I will attempt to get briefly personal. LOL

Leigh thank you for the play by play on the t.v. program, I miss my satellite sometimes! I read an article about Mark Hacking and it was very chilling. You really think you know someone and then................................. scary!!

Deana you sound like you are so motivated! I love to hear that! I know you will make your goal next year. It will be hard at times but with an attitude like you have I know you can do it!! Good Job!

Julie I hate fights like that! I hope you can work it out. At least you have a dh that cares so much about the kindergarten you pick, that means he is thoughtful in that way. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Penny hope you got some rest!

Jaymi great job!!

Geri you posted soooooooooo much! I hope you have a great, safe trip and have fun at work tomorrow.

Ok girls it's off to bed for me. Talk to you in the morning!!

sydsmom
08-31-2004, 03:01 AM
hey gals, sorry too busy to get back down to the computer lately it seems. I am just doing horrible on my weight lose and exercise. I have continued to maintain (not sure how :yikes: ) but I haven't exercised in over a week, and I feel like a big lump of nothing !!! I have so much that I need to get done around here, and I need to get to the doctor,because I have been feeling all dizzy and sick to my stomach, and TOM hasn't come yet...but the prego tests that I have taken say I'm not pregnant..on top of it all, DH is leaving for KC for 3 WEEKS STRAIGHT...we will see him for one weekend, otherwise I am on my own...Spryng, I will be asking your advise alot on how you manage that!!! :) Wish I could committ to a chat, or something, just too busy it seems to plan out all that, I can only get to the puter whenever I get a minute to do so. I miss you all terribley, so I am going to make it my new goal to get down here at least twice a day! :)
Sorry to not get personal once again! ugh! but I think that I want to go sign up for yahoo messenger, since that is what most of you have it seems. My msn one won;t let me access it anymore, it says that my antivirus protection isn't allowing it, ugh, not sure what that is about..I think that I will try a full system restore when I get our renewed copies of that and some other programs and just reinstall everything on the computer..I'm also getting pop up and such again too. not sure what the deal is, I have ad ware and spybot...ugh.
Well enough complaining out of me..I think I might try to get some sleep and work on this house tomorrow, maybe get all that stuff restored on the puter, and get it running smoother again! ;)
Good night gals, until tomorrow!

watkinsguru
08-31-2004, 08:00 AM
starting a new one.

ECmom
08-31-2004, 08:20 AM
'Morning~
thanks Deana for the heads up on the stretchie. I will be at my favorite hang out today (Walmart) and check it out. I already have a bunch of Leslie tapes, just looking for something different. And thanks for the welcome.
Spryng- congrats on being a moderator. (did you inquire about it, or did they nominate you?)
Sorry for being short-lots to do today before the kids get up. See ya later.
Ginny