100 lb. Club - Exercise Challenge Starting Tomorrow!!!

Br00klyn
08-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Well Ladies & Gentlemen.... We're the 100 lb. club and seem to be all about any sort of challenge so I've decided to start one for tomorrow, Monday August 30th. (It seems Sarah's 1 week challenge worked well, so I figured why stop there?!) :D

So, the challenge is going to be an exercise challenge but you get to decide how much exercise you want to get over the course of the next 7 days...:strong:

My challenge to myself is: At least 15 minutes every single day --> NO MATTER WHAT! And, going to the gym at least 5 out of 7 days.

I really hope some of you jump right in on this... Be sure to check in when you can and let us know how you're doing and what you did for exercise that day! C'mon People - LET'S GET MOVING!!! :coach: :cheer: :coach: Together we will all win this one!

So, who's in? :wave: <--- I'm in... and damnit, I will succeed :lol:

Inca's Momma
08-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Alrighty I'm in. I will go to the gym 6 out of 7 days for my 30 min circuit training, plus I will do 45 mins of treadmill at least 2 days also. :)

tolose85
08-29-2004, 09:14 PM
I am starting TODAY!!! I exercised with my walk away the pounds.. I did the 2 mile and the 3 mile today.. 5 miles today.. It feels GREAT!! I'm in for 5 miles EVERY DAY!!!!!!

WAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOO!

lessofsarahtolove
08-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Wow, I thought I'd posted this already -- I must have "X'ed" out instead of posting it -- Woopsie!

Ok, here's my commitment: I will do 20 minutes of HIIT five times this week -- that's over 30 miles.

GloriaD
08-29-2004, 10:51 PM
HI,

I am new and starting over
I am in and will do 15 minutes on my bike...........I have not exercised 1 x this month so I look forward to the challenge

mezmerize
08-30-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm in. I going to do at least 1 workout tape a day!
Mez

howie6267
08-30-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm in for a mile a day of walking and doing my back exercise. I am only doing it for Monday through Friday. I find my back likes the weekend rest. I was hurting some after going 7 days in a row last week.

Annie-Rose
08-30-2004, 03:45 AM
Right here goes.... I don't do much exercise except when I go walking to the Lake district which is near here so...this is a big one for me.
I've ordered 'walk away the pounds' and it will be here tomorrow so I'm going to do that twice this week plus at least 15 minutes everyday on the cycle track.

So 15 mins a day on the bike and 2x 'Walk away the pounds'

Does that sound o.k???? :?:

Have a great one everyone and a big HELLO to you GloriaD - we'll ride the fat off together this week! ;)

JennasMom
08-30-2004, 06:15 AM
I am in too. Starting today I will do the Gilads Bodies in Motion I have saved on my dvr every day this week.

artist
08-30-2004, 07:49 AM
OK, you guys have persuaded me.....Here's my plan:

Monday (whoops...today!) - 30 min swim
Tuesday - 30 min walk
Wednesday - 30 min walk
Thursday - 30 min swim
Friday - 30 min swim
Saturday - 30 min swim or gym cardio
Sunday - 30 min swim or gym cardio

Gulp! Now that looks like a challenge to me.....

tolose85
08-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Off to a great start today... Got up extra early and did the 2 mile tape. I will do the 3 mile tape this evening.. Annie-Rose I hope you enjoy Leslie and walk away the pounds. I LOVE IT! I am doing the 2 and 3 mile tapes each day.. It took me a while to build up to that too~ Good luck and let me know how it goes

Jen
08-30-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm in too. I'm trying to decide if I should join a gym or not. There is an excellent one about 5 blocks away, they have a pool which is a big draw for me as I love to swim but never get to the beach or the local pool. I'm still thinking it over but regardless I"m determined to exercise every day this week!

Annie-Rose
08-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone! Well I've just been out on my brand new birthday bike for the first time. We went down some country lanes and along a really pretty cycle track. Guess what I managed to keep going for about 40 minutes!!!!! I'm so pleased. :strong:

Sheila53
08-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Well, since I can't seem to remember to stretch (or take my vitamins) without a challenge involved (what does that say about me??), my exercise challenge is to do my stretching exercises every day.

barbygirl43
08-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Count me in as well. I plan on walking this evening with the kids when I get home. So my goal is to take the kids for a walk each evening when I get home from work. I won't give a time limit because that's so close to their feeding time I may have to cut my walk short but my goal is to make it to the cemetery and back (about 1.5 miles)

LakeGirl
08-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Though I didnt read this post till now, I did a mile and a half on the treadmill at the YMCA today. This was my first day of excersise since starting my weight loss journey, and it felt great!

Minimally, I am going tomorrow and Wednesday...will have to see about Thursday and Friday as we do have that company from England!

Br00klyn
08-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Well I just got home and Day #1 was a success, I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio and full body weights! YAY! :cheer:

I'm very happy to see that so many of you have joined me in this... So, how did today go?

Gretchen - Tell me more about WATP, I've been wanting to give it a try..

tolose85
08-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey Celina!! I love Walk away.. I do the two mile high calorie burning workout in the morning and the 3 mile super fat burning workout in the pm. In total 5 miles! It feels so great! I would definitely recommend starting with the 1 mile for a few days to get used to it then gradually to the 2 mile. I used the 2 mile for a few months before I got enough stamina to try the 3 mile! I just absolutely love it. That 3 mile really gives you a high intensity power walking kind of sensation. I feel so wonderful when I am through with it. Just knowing I am doing 5 miles a day is such an accomplishment for me. 6 months ago and 70 pounds more I could barely stand 5 minutes of physical activity!

The strange part about exercise is when you don't do it for a day or so, you start to feel like something is missing! I look forward to exercising every day!

I know, I babble about this walk away stuff but I'm telling you... It's inexpensive and you can do it whenever, where ever and with whom ever!! Its really great!!

howie6267
08-30-2004, 08:44 PM
I failed this one. I did not get it done today and I can't do it at night. I am to sore after working all day to do anything at night. I will make it the rest of the week though. I peeked at the scale today and it is going down so that makes me feel good.

Br00klyn
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Howie - There's no such word as failure, hun! :D Keep on truckin'! The point is you're here and you're trying. Why not just add an extra day at the end? Or dance around tonight for 10 minutes? :lol: You look like you're all dressed up...

howie6267
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks Celina. I don't worry to much about Challenges. I know as long as I stay on plan and keep going that is all that matters.

Br00klyn
08-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Howie - My words exactly! We all have to remember that this is a lifestyle change... And none of us plan on facing a "challenge" for our whole lives... We're all doing fantastic! Through good days and bad... :D

mezmerize
08-31-2004, 01:42 AM
I woke early :eek: (only because my sister was pounding on my door. I mentioned I was going to walk away the pounds. So when she decided she could loss a few lbs and wanted to walk with me. I told her it was a tape... long story short we walked for 1.8 miles. It was a beautiful day. I told her I still have to do my walk away the pounds because I said that was my weekly goal. I did the 2 mile tape and am very happy. Only thing is I think she said I'll see you tomorrow morning.... :fr: Don't get my wrong I like to walk I just don't like to walk for my workout. I feel I get more out of my workout than just a stroll to many things get in my way. Children going to school , traffic, people walking there dogs, plus the weather... I want a workout I can depend on. My tape is always there for me waiting not matter what time or the weather. When it comes down to it I need to be there for her. So I'll drag my bum out of bed. What do I have to loss besides weight and a little sleep. I can always take a nap.:chin:
Mez

howie6267
08-31-2004, 12:20 PM
Good for you Mez. That is great that your sister is wanting to lose also. You can support each other. Wow 3.8 miles. You go girl.

tolose85
08-31-2004, 12:27 PM
I missed my 2 mile walk this morning! I was woken up by the sound of my husband YELLING " Why is it 5:30!?" Then I heard him trying to desperately escape the sheets and get into his work clothes. I lay there thinking 5:30... 5:30!!! That means, I have exactly 1 hour until I leave for work.. Had no lunch packed, no clothes pressed and no shower!!!!!! UGH.. Needless to say, the workout is 1/2 hour so that was OUT! Tonight I am going to get a haircut at 7:00 which leaves me just enough time to get changed and eat a quick meal before heading out again. I am getting at least 3 in! I guess I won't be making my 5 mile goal today unless I can manage to get both workouts in tonight after I get my hair done... That sounds pretty good... I am aching I tell ya. I have noticed so many neat little changes in my body over the past two weeks. It's amazing..

Annie-Rose
08-31-2004, 12:36 PM
:p just done 1 mile with Leslie! I really recommend it for people like me who are really unco-ordinated! The steps are easy to follow and pick up. I'm sticking to 1 mile for now as that was hard for me.
I'm just going to change my challenge if that's O.K with you all; I'm going to do one day 'Walk away the fat' , one day the 1hr route I did on my bike and alternate. I'm :^: saddle sore (I don't know why I have enough padding!) so I'm giving my bum a rest!

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Alright, that's it. I'm buying that damned tape.

tolose85
08-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Go for it SARAH!!!

Sheila53
08-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Did my stretching today. I ordered the tape last night. :)

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Ok, it's done. I ordered the 3-pack DVD for less than 17.00 including shipping! Not bad! Sheila, are you and I like the last two people on this website to jump on the Leslie bandwagon? :lol:

Jen
08-31-2004, 02:23 PM
I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike and in a few minutes I am trucking up to the gym to sign up for a membership. It is too easy to put off working out at home. I'll probably do a workout there today after the usual gym staff sales pitch!

Jen
08-31-2004, 04:42 PM
EXERCISE ROCKS!!!!

I just came back from my first day at the gym. This is a really great place, I think I"m going to love it. Talk about huge! Must have about a 100 machines of all kinds and a swimming pool! I can hardly wait to get in some laps. Next week I am going for thi fitness evaluation and diagnostic testing which might be a bit scary as they do measurements, body fat and a bunch of other stuff then they design a program based on your goals. I'm really pumped about it all. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, did a couple minutes of jogging but mostly just a medium paced walk. Still I was sweating like crazy and beet red afterwards and felt like I had a great workout. :D

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Congratulations Jen!!! I'm excited FOR you! That is just great -- can't wait to hear more!

Br00klyn
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Sarah - I'm not on the Leslie wagon yet either.. But I'm feeling the pressure to jump aboard :lol:

Ladies - You are ALL doing fantastic! :cheer: :cb: :cheer: KEEP IT UP!!!

As for me Day #2 was a success too, I went to the gym and did 45 mins of cardio, abs and some stretching! Yipee! I'm gonna do it this time! Yup, yup I am! :D

tolose85
08-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Alright you girls!! Shelia and Sarah!! Waahoooo!! Leslie is coming to your house too!! I really missed her tonight... I went and got a new hair-do which I LOVE! It's totally short and all flippy!! I didn't get home until just a few minutes ago (10:00 pm) that's too late to get wound up!! SOOO tomorrow.. I get up extra early and get it all in!!

I ate a sub tonight.. a real one with real cheese (no mayo though) I ate 1/2 actually.. I swear, when you exercise the calories I eat in a day just aren't enough.. I am so hungry!! SO.. I will eat when hungry. But will not go over 1000. That should work out. I checked online and power walking 1 mile easily burns 170 calories!! I am doing 3 miles of power walking.. I am raking in the calories!! I thinnk the sandwich tonight was A-OK.. Believe it or not, I feel ok about it too.. Knowing that I have been burning like 500 calories more than normal and only intaking 800 per day!! Whew!

Tomorrow... ITS ON!

Sheila53
08-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Photos, please! :)

I wish Leslie were coming sooner. She's waiting until September 9 to arrive at my house. My gym is closing down for maintenance next week, and although I can go to another gym, they don't have the same hours that I need nor do they have a pool. I'm sure I can think of something to do while waiting for Leslie to show up, though.

lessofsarahtolove
08-31-2004, 10:59 PM
I just realized that I didn't give my update! I did my HIIT biking tonight after work, and after walking my dog for 25 minutes.

mezmerize
09-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Day 2 - I walked with my sister... yup there she was a knocking again. We did the same route 1.8 miles. Later that day I did the 3 mile. OMG !!! It was a really great workout and I was so so tired afterward. All I recall is my couch calling my name and there I slept for 1hr. It was a nice nap!
Mez

artist
09-01-2004, 04:57 AM
Well, the not-so-good-news is I didn't go swimming on Monday......I was just being very very very lazy (although I did shlep 10 boxes/bags of books downstairs and to the recycling place, so that must count for something, huh?)......but I did do my 30 mins of walking yesterday.....YEH!

Now, Sarah and Sheila, you guys are making me laugh....I was reading this thread and thinking hmmmmm, maybe I should think about that Leslie tape.....I have never ever in my life bought any kind of exercise vid/tape - I swim a lot, and use the gym....but maybe????? Could someone just enlighten me a bit and tell me what is so good about it.....?????

Well, I should be set for today.....its a 10 minute walk from my hotel to the office; and 10 minutes from office to train station.....and then another 10/15 mins from station to home......so today my exercise is programmed right into my day!

tolose85
09-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Claire.. I would be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to tell you about it! The walk away the pounds workouts are excellent. Basically there are three routines. A one mile, two mile and three mile super fat burning (my fav.) 6 months ago, when I started I did the 1 mile for a few days. Its very low impact walking in place a little arm movement, nothing strenuous. The 2 mile is a little more impact using weighted balls starting at the 1 mile mark. More intensity and a little more sweating. The 3 mile walk truly kicks my butt. Its power walking (all the walking is done in place) Large Strides side to side, kick backs, knee lifts, more time with the weighted balls and much more intensity. Now, if your looking for something where your bouncing all over the room or really really a ton of action (like step aerobics or something) then this might not be the best thing. It definitely gets my hearbeat going and I do sweat. I hop around a little more then they do on the video. The 3 mile is really fast paced. There are many different workouts that Leslie does. I have the get moving 1 mile. High calorie burning 2 mile and super fat burning 3 mile series. I got the weighted balls which are totally excellent. I have noticed a real change in my upper body since using them. They arenít that heavy either. The best part about the entire thing is you can do them whenever you want and its great! I have incorporated the 2 mile in the am and the 3 mile in the pm. I highly recommend it! Ok Iím done with my Leslie soapbox!!

artist
09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Many thanks, Gretchen. Hmmmm. It does sound intriguing, and would be a good alternative for those days I don't swim or walk outside.......and I guess if I got the DVD I could do it just about anywhere, since I have DVD drive on my laptop. Will think about it a bit.....I guess I think I will feel a bit stupid doing it, but then.....who cares??????

Annie-Rose
09-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi
just reporting in day 3 - I did my bike ride. Everyone is doing so well. Artist - the thing I like about Leslie is she keeps it simple and doesn't make you dance all over the place.

Jen
09-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Hit the gym again today, did 35 minutes on the treadmill but at a little slower pace than yesterday. My legs were a bit sore so I didn't want to overdo and hurt myself. Met a guy I went to college with, he and his wife go to the gym at the same time so I'll probably run into them a lot. It was nice to catch up about some of the people we went to school with.

howie6267
09-01-2004, 12:55 PM
I have the two mile walk by Leslie Sansone and it starts with some of the things Gretchen mentiond. Like the knee lifts and something she calls a grapevine which is going from side to side. I am pretty much a wus and just walk in place while I watch it. Some of the other moves hurt my knees and back. I am hoping that changes as the weight comes off. Anyway I like to use it as a timer and motivater. I know I could just use a regular timer but seeing other people working out motivates me more.

lessofsarahtolove
09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm going to get the Power Walk Kit also, and maybe even the 3-mile for Abs DVD. Come payday, watch out! I'm Leslie-crazed......somebody HELP me! <----- (Done in a James Brown voice)

howie6267
09-01-2004, 03:05 PM
I got off my duff and walked a mile today. I still need to do my back exercises but those I can do at night. They don't bother my back to much because you lay down to do them. So hopefully this will get me back on track. I know there will be no problem tomorrow becuase I have to cut the lawn.

barbygirl43
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
I walked to the MIL's and back on Monday (it was 4400 steps to her house and back so not sure how many miles it was).
Yesterday we went and looked at the miniature horses (My parents are buying the kids one) and so I carried one of the kids around the field and through the barn and such for about 20 minutes.
Tonight I plan on jumping on the trampoline when jeff gets home.

howie6267
09-01-2004, 06:29 PM
1mile = 5280 feet

Br00klyn
09-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Annie-Rose, Mez, Dawnyal, Jen, Howie - WAY TO GO! :cheer:

Sarah, Gretchen, Claire, all other Leslie addicts - You guys crack me up! :lol: I think I may have to give in to Leslie soon and see what all the craze is about. Seriously..

As for Day #3 for me - 30 mins of cardio, upper body weights, abs and stretching!

WoOHoO! I feel great... Let's keep up the great work you guys! We're kickin' A$$!

Sheila53
09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
checking in. Right on target with my stretching.

lessofsarahtolove
09-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Checking in here too: HIIT completed today. Check!

Br00klyn
09-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Sarah & Sheila - :bravo: You're doing great... Sarah, you're really hittin' it hard with the HIIT aren't ya?! ;)

Annie-Rose
09-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Well there is something I've been wanting to do for a long time but just felt I couldn't because I'm too fat, unfit, unable to co-ordinate movement to music without looking like I'm havibg an attack of something etc etc
but..
I have signed up for jazz dance classes! I'm so nervous and I am not going to chicken out but I thought it would be good exercise.

I won't be able to do most of the the moves from a fitness or co-ordination point of view but It looks fun and I wanted to do a more social form of exercise. Its for adult beginners. I hope everyone else is not like the lady out of flash dance but... well I'm being courageous! (or stupid.)
It starts next Monday. What will I wear!!!! :o

Have a great day everyone!!!!

tolose85
09-02-2004, 07:57 AM
I did the 2 mile walk yesterday... My Mother in law came over last night to get her hair colored... UGH! I have red fingers today! EEEKKK... I got to clean though.. so that is some. I am doing the 3 mile tonight..

Jen
09-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Annie-Rose, I'll bet you will find lots of others like you who were a bit hesitant to join this kind of a class for the exact same reasons. I'm sure you will love it and have lots of fun.

Gang, I'm taking a break from the exercise today. I am so sore all over, I overdid it with the gym these past 2 days and I didn't tell you this yesterday but I fell on the treadmill and have a serious scrape on my lower left leg. It really smarted yesterday and is still sore today. I think I pulled a muscle in my neck too when I fell as it is quite sore. Boy do I sound like a baby or what! Wah, wah, wah!!! Well I don't care, I had to work last night and it was really busy and I still have 2 nights to go so I'm going to park my duff on the couch and rest today. But I"ll be back at the gym tomorrow PROMISE!

Sheila53
09-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Just got an e-mail from Leslie. She's leaving today for my house. A lot sooner than I expected--yippee! She should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. There are benefits to living in the home of Starbucks and Amazon.com. :)

howie6267
09-02-2004, 01:11 PM
I did the lawn today and my back exercises.

barbygirl43
09-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Annie Rose that sounds so cool. I hope you have a great time in the class.

I didn't get to jump on the trampoline as I had planned. Jeff didn't even leave from work until almost 8:30 (which put him home at almost 9:30) By the time we have a few minutes to catch up on each other's day and he eats supper it was time for me to go to bed. He's off work today though so I'll be walking either with the kids or he'll watch them when I get home since it's his night to cook and that's one less worry for me.

lessofsarahtolove
09-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Dawnyal do you prefer to be called Dawnyal or Barbie?

barbygirl43
09-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Dawnyal (it's pronounced don-yell for those wanting to know :))

artist
09-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Did my 30 min swim this morning.....enjoyed it.....yeah....I am getting back in the groove...

Annie-Rose - that's so exciting about the jazz dance....I love to dance...I used to do a great salsaerobics class.....Im sure you'lle have a great time!

Sheila53
09-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Am feeling really crummy today, but managed to stretch as well as walk and work on my arms a bit. I'm glad I powered through, but hope this virus thing goes away soon.

barbygirl43
09-03-2004, 10:56 AM
I walked last night in the rain for just over 2 miles.

lessofsarahtolove
09-03-2004, 12:19 PM
I didn't do my HIIT yesterday, but will tonight after work. Hey, and I've received word that Leslie is on her way to my home. Jeez, I better straighten up! ;)

Br00klyn
09-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Don't feel bad ladies, I as well didn't get my exercise in yesterday. It was gross and rainy, and I felt crappy but I'll be off to the gym this afternoon. :D

Br00klyn
09-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Alright, Day #5 was a success... I have today off so I slept in until 11am :eek: and then got up and went to the gym! Today I did 30 mins cardio, lower body weights, stretching and abs. :D

We'll have to see how the weekend goes (day 6,7) as I'm leaving town in a couple hours to go out to my mom's for the weekend.. My main goal is to get in some sort of exercise.. even if i just go for a 20 minute walk each day, I'll be happy. Wish me luck!

artist
09-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm a happy woman......went for my 30 min swim this morning, and I have been feeling full of energy all day!

Br00klyn
09-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Good for you Claire! Working out early in the day is awesome, gives you an extra energy boost all day long. Unfortunatly, I don't get to do it often cuz of work, but today thats how I started and now I feel great! Although, its nice going to the gym after work too to burn off all that stress from the day. :D

Sheila53
09-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Stretching done.

lessofsarahtolove
09-03-2004, 10:12 PM
HIIT done; so that's 3 of 5 for the week completed.

howie6267
09-03-2004, 10:51 PM
I made it two of the five. Done better done worse.

lessofsarahtolove
09-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Howie you still have time to pull it out, buddy! I forget, was your goal that you were goingt oexercise every day? Or just 5 times?

howie6267
09-04-2004, 02:15 AM
just 5 times. I don't do much on the weekends.

Annie-Rose
09-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Hello - Well I've managed to keep up with it except for Friday but I managed to continue for a longer amount of time on the Leslie thing this morning so I'm pleased.

Ivanna B. Skinny
09-04-2004, 12:40 PM
:cheer: KEEP IT UP LADIES (AND GENT), YOU"RE ALMOST DONE!!!! CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!! :cheer:

artist
09-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Hey, I finally dragged myself back to the gym.....did upper body weights....amazingly enough I could pretty much do the weights/reps I was at a month ago, despite no resistance work for a month.....must be all that swimming.....so I did my 30 min swim after the weights......

I am a-feelin' goooooooood!

Sheila53
09-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Did my stretching. If I could just remember to take my vitamins, I'd be a happy camper!

lessofsarahtolove
09-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Alright, 4 HIIT sessions completed of the 5. I've received word that Leslie is on her way....I'd also ordered the 4-mile workout on what I'd intended to be DVD, but it seems that I mistakenly ordered the VHS instead. Sad, but at $12.00, not the end of the world. I've planned out a great workout schedule involving A.M. sessions of Leslie 5 days a week, A.M. HIIT biking 2 days/week, and weights twice. It's become clear to me that the only way I'm going to be able to consistently exercise every day is by getting it over with first thing in the morning. I'm just going to have to go to bed earlier, that's all. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. As it were. ;)

It's great to hear that everyone's doing so well!

Sheila53
09-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Stretching done. And vitamins taken. :)

Sarah, I'm a big fan of first-thing-in-the-morning exercise. It's become an ingrained habit with me to get up, feed the animals, feed my Dad, and hit the gym. Hope the switch helps--I'm betting it will.

Jen
09-05-2004, 10:15 PM
I got to the gym on Friday, did nothing yesterday and just did 30 minutes of biking tonight.

lessofsarahtolove
09-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Sarah, I'm a big fan of first-thing-in-the-morning exercise. It's become an ingrained habit with me to get up, feed the animals, feed my Dad, and hit the gym. Hope the switch helps--I'm betting it will.
Sheila, you are where I want to be.....good for you! How was it for you in the beginning? Any words of wisdom to share?

lessofsarahtolove
09-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Whew! I did it! I said I'd do 5 sessions of HIIT (high intensity interval training) biking, and I did. I can't wait to hear how everyone else did!

barbygirl43
09-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow what a workout!!!! I painted my step son's room Saturday (took me about 4 hours) and the back sides of my legs are still aching today (ouch). I went ahead and took off of exercise on Sunday since I hurt so bad but I managed to get a walk in with the kids yesterday after lunch and before naps for them.