Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Lets get to know one another! Q&A

I thought since perhaps many of us don't know one another (I wasn't a regular on the ww threads) that we can take a moment and do that now!
So here's some question, just copy and paste this list in your reply box and put in your own answers.

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) spryng/ spryng

How long have you been on WW? it will be one year next month, hit goal back in april and have been working towards personal goal weight

What drew you to WW? I was a typical yo-yo fad dieter... couldn't last longer than 3 weeks on any plan out there and a friend offered to help me get started on ww and I said, sure I'll try it, here I am a year later, lol. I LOVE IT!

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I was kinda excited but confued like crazy! LOL... I would look at the list and not know where to start. So I read the official ww boards like crazy to get a handle on all the info and then it became clear, I started the day I got my list and I'll never go back!

What is your occupation? I stay at home with my 3 kids

Married? if so how long? yes married for over 6 years now

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 172/ 130

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'4, 124.5, 8

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? (ex a certain size or to get off a certain medication, etc) my ulitmate goal was to get into a size 8 comfortably... I am there so now I think I want to try for a 6 and to gain some lean muscle, so lose inches and not too much more weight.

Where do you live? nowhereville Kansas

Do you have kids? how old? yes, 3 kids Ava-4 Joseph-3 and Tanner 1

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? what are your hobbies??? mine are crocheting and cooking

Can't wait to read your answers!!
Old 08-28-2004, 10:19 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) Kelly_S - Kelly

How long have you been on WW? off and on since 1985 (back with selections) and Points since 1998

What drew you to WW? Healthy eating - weight loss was just a benefit fo that

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? For the most part and still is not for my lifestyle but I do incorporate 90-95% of the time CorePlan values. I have been doing "Flore" since before W/W uttered the word "core."

What is your occupation? Secretary for the Government

Married? if so how long? Yes it will be 18 years in October

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? Which time - heaviest 203.6

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'4" - 175 (had some medical problems so I haven't gone in and changed my stats in a while) - 12 jeans and slacks, med tops

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? Size 8 RockyMt Jeans

Where do you live? Tucson, Arizona

Do you have kids? how old? Only the 4legged kind

what are your hobbies??? Photography and bowling

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? What pets do you have? - Bassett Hound (Dingus); 3 cats (SweetPea, SlapShot and GreyKitty)

Last edited by Kelly_S; 08-28-2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

What pets do you have? one red beta fish named Flame
Old 08-28-2004, 01:14 PM   #4  

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) LIVVI/ JENNIFER

How long have you been on WW? ON AND OFF FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS

What drew you to WW? MY MOM WORKS THERE AND HAS MAINTAINED AN 80 LB. WEIGHT LOSS FOR 20 YRS!

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I WAS VERY EXCITED COMING OFF ULTRA LOW-CARB

What is your occupation? I DO PHYSICAL THERAPY 1-2 DAYS A WEEK WHEN MY MOM CAN BABYSIT, THE REST OF THE TIME I AM A MOM

Married? if so how long? YES, IT WILL BE 8 YEARS IN A FEW WEEKS

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 185/153

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'4, 153, 10

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? I WANT TO WEAR A SIZE 6 AGAIN

Where do you live? MI

Do you have kids? how old? YES, 3 1/2 SON, 11 MONTH DAUGHTER

Hobbies? MOVIES, KICKBOXING, DINNER OUT WITH FRIENDS, COMPUTER, TELEPHONE!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #5  

OOps, My goal is not 153, that is my current. My WW goal is 130, my personal goal is 120!
Old 08-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #6  
Running Babe

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) Sweater Girl/ Alison (Ali)

How long have you been on WW? 4 years

What drew you to WW? I am good at math and seemed easy to follow.

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I was kind of negative about it (I thought it was a SBD clone, not that I don't think SBD is bad, it just didn't work for me). I shall steal Kelly's expression and say that I will do 'flore'. I will try and get more core friendly foods in the house (well most of my food is anyway). Thank God I just snacked on fruit and yogurt to begin with.

What is your occupation? Administrative Lackey

Married? if so how long? Nope, but common law, I have a great guy, we just bought a house, we've been common law for 9 months now.
What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 256/243(WW)/155 (WW)/145-150 (comfy size 6).

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'6/low160s/A comfy 8. I had some health issues that caused me to gain, but I am getting back down to it.

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? To run a marathon (I am serious). I also want to get a bit more muscle and just get a strong, lean, yet feminine look to me. For lcothes I'd like to be a comfortable to loose size 6 in the end.

Where do you live? Stittsville (Ottawa),Ontario Canada

Do you have kids? how old? Nope, just a bengal cat named Maya. Kids will hopefully be in the future.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:08 PM   #7  
Janette

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) fiftieslady/Janette

How long have you been on WW? 5 years off an on

What drew you to WW? Had lost weight on my own but was gaining it back and felt I needed help.

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I loved the idea of not having to count and journal all day and eat lots of fruit and veggies without worry about using all my points by noon every day.

What is your occupation? Administrative Secretary

Married? if so how long? 36 years

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 180/150

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'4/170/xlarge

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? (ex a certain size or to get off a certain medication, etc) Have energy and feel good about myself.

Where do you live? East Texas - Dr. Phil country

Do you have kids? how old? yes, daughter 35, son 32, 2 grandsons, 17, 15 and 2 granddaughters 8 and 4.

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? what are your hobbies??? gardening, reading mysteries and streetrods

Pets: 3 dogs (BoDog, LadyDo and TJrigger Jr., 6 cats (Oscar, Samson, Delilah, Violet, Pokey and Dutches.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:46 AM   #8  

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) amberlicious/amber

How long have you been on WW? I started a while ago, then got pregnant with my youngest after like 10 weeks on program. I started back in January after her birth.

What drew you to WW? A friend wanted to start and didn't want to go alone. I knew I needed to do something. WW made the most sense.

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? Confused, but I'm liking it so far.

What is your occupation? I stay at home with my 3 girls

Married? if so how long? yes married for over 6 years now

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 234/ 130

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'5, 196.8, /14/16

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? (ex a certain size or to get off a certain medication, etc) I want to be able to wear a size 8, and be able to keep up with my kids better. I also want to feel better about myself and am hoping that losing weight will shrink my breasts (so I can buy bras from regular stores rather then specialty shops and spend $70 for them!)

Where do you live? Las Vegas, NV

Do you have kids? how old? yes, 3 girls Ashley 5 1/2, Megan almost 2 (sept) and Annika 8 months

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? what are your hobbies??? computer, reading, baking

Amber - who just found this site and is excited about the WW boards!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:59 AM   #9  

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) d_rowland - Debra

How long have you been on WW? Started February 25th, 2004

What drew you to WW? I had lost years ago and had two good friends, one inside and one outside work that were going, so I knew I'd have support.

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? Before I got details I imagined they were going to go the direction of South Beach - which I was right about. At first I wasn't sure, but I'm giving it a try - so far so good.

What is your occupation? Credit Support Coordinator - Translation: secretary for a Credit Manager for a Fortune 500 company.

Married? if so how long? Not at the present, twice before, 18 years and 2 1/2

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 197/145

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'4, 161.6, size 12/14

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? I would love to be in a 10, but with my body, that is nearly impossible, no matter how much weight I lose, so I would like to be able to walk in a store, buy a 12 and not have to try it on.

Where do you live? NW Illinois

Do you have kids? how old? yes, 3: Marcy 26 - married & gone; Micah 21 and Megan 18 - still living at home with me.

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? what are your hobbies??? remodeling my house . . . gardening, landscaping.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) Sheila53, and, not surprisingly, my real name is Sheila

How long have you been on WW? 1.75 years

What drew you to WW? Been on it before, but this time everything "clicked"

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? Very skeptical, especially of the "eat until your full" bit, but I'm enjoying it a lot

What is your occupation? caregiver for my elderly father; before that I ran an animal rescue

Married? if so how long? 23 years

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 261/169 WW/161 personal

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'9", 185.6, sz. 12

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? (ex a certain size or to get off a certain medication, etc) I want to see some muscle definition in my arms and legs, and I'd like to be a sz. 10

Where do you live? Seattle, WA

Do you have kids? how old? Yes--32, 27, 25, 20 and a 3 year old granddaughter

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? I love pets so I'd love to know about people's pets. I have 3 cats and 1 dog. We lost two of our dogs to old age this past year, and one the year before.

What are your hobbies??? gardening, reading
Old 08-30-2004, 07:45 PM   #11  

Height: 5 foot

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course)
Jaymi_Dol/ Jaymi

How long have you been on WW? Today! My first day on Core.

What drew you to WW? I had given up... again... I got tired of counting calories. It started to get too confusing to count while using recipes. Spryng started talking about this new plan, and I asked about it. So here I am!

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I was excited and ready! The thought of no more measuring and counting every single calorie was great! And since I eat alot of f/f foods to begin with... Easy!

What is your occupation? I'm a Stay at home Mom to my 2 children.... and a wife!

Married? if so how long? Married for 2 1/2 years.

What is was your starting weight/goal weight?212/125

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'0, 146, 13/14

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? (ex a certain size or to get off a certain medication, etc)I want to actually get some muscle for a change, I want to get to a size 9! I want to be healthy and no be ashamed or embarrased to be in public anymore!

Where do you live? South Carolina

Do you have kids? how old? Yes, Jariel-22 mths, Jake-6 yrs

What are your hobbies??? Dancing, going to the pool, and the beach! Reading, watching my favorite TV shows. Shopping, shopping, shopping! And of course spending time with my family.

What pets do you have? I have a pit bull named Topaz.

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? What are your favorite foods?

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-30-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:57 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

I have been browsing since rejoining WW Saturday...doing Core! Is this crazy or what? I use to post on a different thread about 20 pounds ago!

I would like to join you!

What is your screen name and real name? (maloneli) /Lisa
How long have you been on WW? On and off for 4 years...wow, that was the first time I thought about that...sad
What drew you to WW? It really is the only way to diet...these other diets are not good for me...Thyroid...

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I had heard that a new plan was in the works. When I went Saturday, it was like a dream come true. NO COUNTING, I do not have time for it! I am afraid though. It has been easy so far, the first 2 days, and I really think I can do this, but How will I know if I am doing it right? right?
What is your occupation? I work full time as a Interstate child support coordinator for the state.
Married? if so how long? yes married for over 4 years, this past Wed. But we have been together for 14 years
What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 192.5
How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'4, 192.5/16 WOW that makes it so real!
Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? I want to gain back my self confidence. I had some fertility problems but got pregnant. Had and excellent pregnancy ONLY gained 13 pounds...did great the first 3 months after my son's birth. Went back to work and Blew up! I need to get back to my fighting weight...before I turn 40 in February.
Where do you live? Lynn, MA about 10 minutes North of Boston.
Do you have kids? how old? yes, 1 son named Thomas John, we call him TJ...He was almost named Tanner! I think one of you have a son named Tanner?
What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? what are your hobbies??? right now, I wish! my son is my hobby
no pets!
My new question? I'll get back to you on that!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:02 AM   #13  

Hello All!!
I am getting ready to start tommorow the core and am very excited! I am a member from LONG ago ,needing to revamp the whole thing. I am a VERY stressy/emotional eater so somedays you may find a TON of posts from me so i WONT eat lol cant wait to meet you all!
hugs
Niccii

What is your screen name and real name? Niccii

How long have you been on WW? well ,on again off again member .First time would be after birth of daughter in 95.Restarting tommorow!

What drew you to WW? yo-yo dieter,want to set a example for my children and STOP teh stressy,emotional eating!

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? FINALLY! when i first did ww i love dit worked well,last 5 years tho the points system doe snot work well in my lifestyle(BUSY!) am very excited about putting the core to good use!

What is your occupation? I work parttime (9-2) at subway paying for kids various lessons

Married? if so how long? yes married 10 years

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? now i am at 143(a current back condition require si be my lowest weight)
How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'7, 143, 13(EGADS!)

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? (ex a certain size or to get off a certain medication, etc) To be able to work,play an dlive life to the fullest without being in agony over my back condition,to also set a good eating exampleto my children

Where do you live? wisconsin
Do you have kids? how old? yes, 2 kids 9 & 10

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? what is your favorite core recipes?
what are your hobbies??? drawing ,painting r&cooking
Old 08-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) Bindy / Kathy

How long have you been on WW? Since September of last year (actually started on Labor Day)

What drew you to WW? I need the structure, plus we have WW meetings at work so it's really convenient

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? I thought it wouldn't work for me because I'm used to writing everything down (but since I just started today, I still don't know but am willing to try it)

What is your occupation? Work for a training company as a courseware developer, and also waitress at a sports bar on the weekends

Married? if so how long? Yes, for six years

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 175/140

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'6/158/tight 10, comfy 12

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? Size 8, and to stop giving up before I accomplish what I set out to do

Where do you live? Texas

Do you have kids? how old? Yes. 26, 20, 18

What are your hobbies??? Reading and when I have time, sewing

What pets do you have? Cat (Bridge), shepherd mix (Gus), Border Collie (Bindy ), regular Chihuahua (Zuki) and teacup Chihuahua (Precious). All are rescues.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:39 PM   #15  

What is your screen name and real name? (not last name of course) Hoosierjem - Jaime

How long have you been on WW? Just started

What drew you to WW? The Core Plan just made sense to me. It's healthy eating!

What was your first impression of Core when you first heard about it? It made sense to me. I didn't like the Flex Plan b/c you can eat crap and use up all your points, then you become hungry and you can't eat anything. The core plan says, if you are hungry, eat, but only eat those good foods.

What is your occupation? Epidemiologist for the Government

Married? if so how long? Yes, 2 months

What is was your starting weight/goal weight? 116/105

How tall are you/ current weight/ and size of clothing? 5'0" - 116 - size 4 jeans and slacks

Besides your goal weight, what is a goal you are trying to aim for? More confidence

Where do you live? Atlanta, GA

Do you have kids? how old? No

what are your hobbies??? Tennis

What would be one question you'd like to know about everyone in addition to these? What pets do you have? - Black Lab (Elle is 2 years old)

Last edited by hoosierjem; 09-01-2004 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Incorrect information
Closed Thread