Old 08-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Do you still have the first gift your sweety bought you?

I was cleaning up in my room yesterday and I stopped to look at the first gift James had bought me....the very day we got together!

We were eating at this little deli in a small town, and in the back of the deli was a little country store. We walked through to just check it out and I just loved all the bottles that are filled with some type of oil and dried flowers.....well James noticed that they caught my eye. And when we were ready to go, he went back in and bought me one.

I made a little label for the bottem so I could put the date on it and where it was bought. I thought that was just the sweetest thing!! And it sits near our room anywhere we live. Just love it!

Anyone else still have their first gift?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:44 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good thread Marti!

Yep, I have it.. it's a sweet-faced peach and white teddy bear that he won at the fair for me. He knew that my favorite color (at that time) was peach, so he picked that one. It keeps company on a shelf with others he has given me over the years.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well, there were so many... just kidding!

It was a hard question Marti and I have been thinking about it for a while but the first thing that V bought me was our first meeting in person. It was after memorial weekend and my birthday had come and gone. But when I went to visit him and meet he had some pink & blue carnations (my favorite flower & colors) and balloons, a friendship plaque and at that time my fav perfume, White Shoulders. I was so surprised! It was a belated BD gift. Of course I don't have the perfume, flowers or balloons but I still have the friendship plaque.

I also have the first gift #1 DH bought me. We were in CA of course, and my watch had broken. We went in this store and he bought me a big teddy bear and then we were looking at watches. He asked me if I was going to get another one which one would I get and I pointed out a simple little Timex (always loved Timex, especially since working there) but I didn't buy one. We went out to his van and he said he had forgotten something and went back in the store and bought a more expensive watch. I still have the watch, of course it doesn't work anymore, and I have the teddy bear which I gave to DD. Although when he bought me the bear it had a blue ribbon on it later on I had put a cute little pair of DD jeans from when she was 2 and a cute little shirt from Colorado that was hers also and I gave it to her after her dad was killed. I thought she would like something that was special to me from him and it had her clothes on it which she thought was neat.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:46 AM   #4  
self portrait

Well, I have a whole bunch of diddly squat. He gave me flowers for our first valentines day, but I have nothing to hold onto to commerate something special. I guess I just have memories, which are better than nothing, right?? WRONG!!!!! grrrrrr lol He is the most un-romantic person I have ever come across, which basically sucks for me in that department. I can't count on anything special or thoughtful or shockingly romantic. It could be worse though, and I have had 40 x's worse with my first husband. I guess that counts for something, or maybe a swift kick the patootie from my highly romantic boot would do the trick, or maybe ya'all could threaten him . hee hee. I do have special things from my family that i treasure, so I am not lacking in special trinkets. A girls got to have something,

Last edited by SqueakMouse; 08-30-2004 at 06:39 AM.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote