Old 08-27-2004, 12:23 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 35

Alrighty, I'm back full time and ready to finish this weight loss journey.

I have set some minor-aggressive goals for myself. Some short term, some mid term, some long term. It's crunch time, as the end is in sight, if only in a somewhat distant vision!

Goals:

Short Term Goal: Be under 200 pounds by my birthday week weigh in, on November 3. That is a total of 10 weigh ins, therefore I need to be at approximately 2 pounds a week to ensure that happens.

Mid Term Goal: Be at 190 by the end of the year, 18 weigh ins a week. Right along with my goal range.

Long Term Goal: Be at 170 at February 9 weigh in. 2.1 pounds to lose a week each week.

Goal Goal: Be at 150 by June 1.

I am down 9 pounds of my surgery weight I gained, and only need 8 more to go to get back to where I was the day before surgery. Not too bad considering everything I've gone through!

Happy new week to us and come join us if you want!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:52 AM   #2  

Here's to your loss, Chachee, and to reaching all of your goals. I need to get focused on my goals again. I have held steady, the last two weeks. Stess has been high, and I have been revisiting old habits. Luckily, not every day, but enough that I haven't lost. So, here's to focus.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:09 AM   #3  

Hey all. Where is everyone? We are getting a little lost in the shuffle. I weighed in this morning, and had a 2 pound loss. I hope it is the same at TOPS tomorrow, as I am up for loser of the month. We shall see.

I am still working on my goals of portion control, not stress eating, and doing my weights faithfully. I still like to slip on the weight training goal

Have a great day all.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:18 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly: Excellent job on he loss. You are catching up with me. I've backslid a little, but not too much. Getting this gain from the surgery off is going to take a little bit of time, but that is okay. I'm only 2.5 weeks out of surgery, so I can't really complain!

Went to the Fair up here on Saturday. I did good--had a baked potato with a little bit of butter and jalepenos, then a corn on the cob. I saved so I could have an elephant ear. It was as good as it's ever been and I was glad I allowed myself the little splurge!

My mom, and her horribly unhealthy eating habits, leave tomorrow. Back to normal, and back on track. Jolly, and everyone else, I'm pumped up to finish this year on a high not and being much lower on the scales.

Let's get our goals back in focus and get back on track. Those that have fallen off, come on back and let's get this done!!!

Happy Monday!

Oh, and I won't be here Tuesday, Friday or Monday, so whoever gets here first on Friday, start the new thread.

Chach
Old 08-30-2004, 12:27 PM   #5  

Default Monday 8/30

Hello everyone.

I had a terrible weigh-in this morning; up 8 lbs since last Mon. Last week was a bust as far as eating healthy and exercise. I just felt like I had the life sucked out of me. I just wanted to stay on the couch or lie in bed and veg out in front of the tv. One night at work this girl, who is half my age, gave me a little attitude because I printed my reports without asking her if she needed to use the printer first (she was in the break room when I printed my reports). She works for a different department than I do and she has to use my department's printer. So I got bent out of shape over that. I have next week off - I can't wait!!

This week I need to get my game face back on, buckle down and get serious about losing this weight.

CHACHEE - congrats on your weight loss; glad the surgery has helped you. Have you gotten the new WW program yet?? I'm going to give the core plan a try. I was reading in the last thread about the size 2X top you bought; it may have the wrong size tag sewn on. Some manufacturers use less material to cut costs too.

JOLLY - congrats on your weight loss also!!

Speaking of clothing, have either of you ever ordered from "Jessica London". I got one of their catalogs last week. I haven't ordered from them yet, I don't know if their clothing it cut full or not. I usually order from Roaman's, their clothing is very comfortable. I have also received catalogs from "Silhouettes".

I hope Dan is having a nice vacation. Have we lost Chequita??

Have a nice day!
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #6  

CHACHEE - we were post at the same time. What is an elephant ear???
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Connie: I have ordered from Jessica London before. It's great clothing. Sizing sometimes run a little small, though. Basically all the Chadwicks clothing in larger sizes.

An elephant ear is like a fried pancake with cinnamon and sugar on it. Very unhealthy, very fattening, and very good. I have about one a year!!

Chach
Old 08-31-2004, 09:24 AM   #8  

Hey all. Good luck, Chachee, getting the rest of the surgery weight off, and getting back on track when your mom is gone. Connie, I know how hard it is, when there is negative energy around. Good luck to you too.

I have TOPS tonight. Hope weigh in goes well, as I am up for loser of the month. Keep fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:19 AM   #9  

Hey all. I need to commit to myself for September. I have let stress derail my efforts, and fall into old habits and eating patterns. There has to be a better way to deal with stress than eating.

I had my first gain since rejoining TOPS. ONly 3/4 pound, but that is not acceptable. I need to focus on my.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I hear from y'all soon.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:49 AM   #10  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone!

Jolly: A gain will happen. Please don't get discouraged, as it happens at times. I will show a gain tonight, but I am expecting it. I'm also getting my new materials from the new WW program today, so I am excited!

Back from one day off. Mom left yesterday afternoon. My house was cleaned and scrubbed free of all the crap food by last night. No more crud in my house.

I'm back to WW tonight. Will probably show about 10 pounds up, but that is better than the almost 15 I gained back. I was up this morning about 9 or 10. I'm okay with that, since September is really going to be my best month ever!

Had my 2 week post-op checkup with the surgeon. He said I looked "magnificent" and that he was not going to lift my light-duty restrictions. He said what he has found is that people push it anyway, and if he lifted my 10 pound weight restriction, then I would probably do deep tissue damage and not even know it, therefore setting myself up to have a longer recovery period.

He did say occasionally I could go without the bra at night, but not during the day. Might try that this weekend. I'm still scared of rolling over and smashing my nice new chest!

Okay, here we go...happy September!

Chach
Old 09-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello all.

Weigh in was okay last night. I was up around 9 pounds, which I expected to be more. I'm okay with that.

I'm trying the new Core plan with WW. We'll see how it goes. Doesn't appear that portion control will be enforced, which scares me. I dunno--may be a good program, but need to check it out for a week first.

I am not going to be here tomorrow, and won't have a chance to check in until next Tuesday, so first person to get here tomorrow, go ahead and start the thread.

My goal for next week is to stay on the Core Program--following it to the letter!

Happy Thursday!

Chach
Old 09-02-2004, 01:21 PM   #12  

Hi all. Feeling kind of lonely here. Connie, Dan, Chequita - where are you?

Thanks for the words, Chachee. I am actually not feeling too discouraged. More disgusted, as I know it is bad choices that caused the gain. Ah well. Must make better choices this week.

Congrats on cleaning house and getting back on track this week.