Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - August 27th

Good Morning

The week's been crazy but I promise to read up on everyone this weekend.

Not much going on here SOSDD !!! Got Grace enrolled in ballet starting in september thru june. How cute is that, a bunch of 3 year olds in tutu's

Weekend's weather is suposed to be dreary so no plans are made. I can use some down time anyway.

Whats going on w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I'm here doing payroll, but gonna leave at noon to see my PawPaw a little while today. He was barely in and out last night when I stayed with him for the evening. Every once in awhile he would open his eyes and say something sweet like "I sure wish you were little again" and I said "oh me too". He had lots of visitors and would open his eyes for a minute or two and say a few things.

My uncle spent the night with him and said he was out all night, and even less aware this morning then he was yesterday and even more yellow. I doubt he will make it thru the weekend (not even sure about the day) but he is not in any pain because of all the meds. He hasn't had to start the morphine yet bec the pain patches are working well.

Tippy - I am so sorry about your dear friends. I also hate goodbyes, so I'm just saying "so long for now, until I see you again on the other side!"

April - hope you enjoy your time with sis and dh!

SueMarie - thanks and hugs! you sound like me with that folded chair! remember a little while back I stood up on a secretary's chair with wheels and busted it! DUH! so how is your wrist today? we gals got to be careful! we don't have time to be hurt! and btw, you don't talk too much and you don't scare anybody off! I enjoy your posts!

Leenie - you are just too sweet to me you know! hugs! and yep you're right about older couples. we just had no idea this would happen so fast!

Would it be ok if I shared a really precious moment with you guys.... I don't mean to offend anyone or make anyone uncomfortable, but I would like to share this please - you can just ignore me if you need to.

My PawPaw is Catholic and his Priest came by not long after I got there. He was young and very nice and there was a special "freshness" about him. We left the room in case PawPaw wanted some privacy with him, and in a little while the Priest called us back in to pray together. The Priest was saying something and PawPaw said "I don't know if I've been good enough to go to Heaven" and the Priest said "Your right Ed, you aren't good enough to get into Heaven, and you can't do enough good works to get into Heaven, Jesus did it ALL for you on the cross and all you have to do is trust and believe in Him as your Lord and Savior" and PawPaw said "well I've certainly done that" and the Priest said "I know you have, now don't you worry about a thing, Jesus is taking care of you".

I was sooooooooo blessed to hear his Priest actually say those words and explain it to him like that - it was what I would have said.

anyway - it was a moment I will never forget!

PawPaw also said something about his family needing him, he was worried about his family, that he couldn't leave them and the Priest reassured him that he had done everrything he could for his family and that God will take care of the family.

Ok - I'm thru now.

I hope everyone has a BLESSED day.

hugs my dear friends,
Cathy

When things get tough, always remember...
Faith doesn't get you around trouble,
it gets you through it!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:55 PM   #3  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies....

Leenie - Thanks for your kind words of reassurance yesterday. Having some hard times at home right now with my step daughter... and I’m trying to be positive about a lot of things right now. I have to be, or I’d fall apart. But it’s eating at me slowly, and I’m starting to see things crumble.

Oh Cathy... I'm in tears... thank you so much for sharing that.

This is going to be a short post today. I’m waiting for a phone call from James. I honestly think that DD suffers from anxiety attacks. They go in spurts and I’ve been begging James to have her talk to a doctor. Last night was the final straw for him. It’s been a week now, she’s been thinking about things and freaking out to the point of where she gets sick and runs to the bathroom. She has developed this deep fear that if she sleeps, someone is going to break into the house and do something bad to her. I don’t know what’s going on. It used to be that she was afraid to get into cars to go anywhere because the car might break down and something bad would happen. For example she was going to go to play mini golf with her friend but before her friend got here to pick her up she started feeling sick again. I’m concerned, and now I’m thinking all sorts of strange things like what if someone threatened her or what if someone has done something to her… uggg… I just hope James was able to make an appointment with a doctor. She insists nothing has, but she has no idea where all this came from. It looks like she wants to tell us something then she stops. I figured maybe if she talked to someone, we would be able to figure out the root of all her anxiety attacks… if that’s what it is…

I’ve gotta get going. We’ll be gone this weekend, we are going to Soak City again. Maybe this will keep her mind of things… We also gonna go shopping today. I told her we could go buy some yoga meditation and stretching tapes. Might help her figure out how to relax herself when she’s feeling “off”.

Take care ladies…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:17 PM   #4  

We're home from the funeral. Roger telecommutes from home on Fridays so we were able to attend. It was sad, yet happy cause Gladys in home now.

SueMarie, I'd be very concerned too, if a child of mine was acting like that. Get her to a trained medical person FAST. I'm betting there is something more going on with her than normal. I'd question abuse myself because she is acting out and perhaps she was threatened too. Like the abuser said he'd hurt her or her family if she told. I hate to frighten you, but there are some really bad people in the world. I'd say medical help ASAP!

Wish I could visit more,but it's impossible to type with my legs propped up. Have a good weekend everyone..
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Wow SueMarie, thats a load to carry on your shoulders, I feel so sorry for the little girl. I agree with Tippy, something is going on and you might want to act fast, waiting could cause more damage. I'll be praying for you all and your sweet little girl (James too )

Tippy, just don't let BF see you like that, he might get the wrong idea

Cathy, a true friend wouldn't get offended by you sharing your experiences with us. I think thats a beautiful thing too (meaning what the Priest said). Hugs and kisses to you. You have been here for me in the past, gee its been a long time now hasn't it lol. And I just want to return the love back to you Let us know how PawPaw is today.

Love you girls !!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

yes we've been here a long time together, and I have enjoyed every minute of it, even the crazy craziness we use to have in the chatrooms. hehe

At noon the pain got so bad that they had to start the morphine. He has not had anything to eat or drink since last night. It is just a matter of time now. Hospice said maybe 2 days at the most, but I would think sometime tomorrow if not before - but of course - I really don't know a thing about these things.

But it's gonna be ok gang. Please don't be down or worried for me. Even tho we will miss him dearly, PawPaw will be running on streets of gold soon with MawMaw and Jesus and so many of his loved ones who have gone on and oh what a day, what a day that will be (man that sounds like a beautiful song doesn't it).

great big bear hugs from me to each of you,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-27-2004 at 07:58 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #7  

Hi everyone.....dropping in to say hi.

Leenie.....it's my sister & her DH who are homesick.....I am home now & glad to be.....we are having a good time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Cathy, you know I'll pray for his Journey Home to be gentle, for him as well as you all. He sounds like he has a good family.

April LOL !!! I thought you were traveling again. I forgot they were by you. DUH!!!! Well I remember you got homesick the last time you traveled, I'm glad its not you this time