Support Groups - Stay At Home Moms #227 TGIF!!

View Full Version : Stay At Home Moms #227 TGIF!!

mompen
08-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 Ĺ years. Iím counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

mompen
08-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Morning Ladies!

I am running late this am but I wanted to post real quick..and I am the FIRST one! Ekk..

Ok QOTD: What is your primary beverage everyday? (We know Geri's... :lol:)

Michelle,
Hope you have a wonderful dr. appt!

Mel,
Good Luck :goodluck: on your weigh in today!

Spryng,
I sure hope you make it to 125.. .can't wait to hear! Thanks for the challenges yesterday! It made my house look so nice!

Jill,
Sorry you had to go so fast yesterday! Can't wait to do it again! Yw on the postcard ;)

Geri,
Is today your weigh in? How is TOPS going?

J,
Welcome Back! I love the watp's! They are so fun and not just walking! And btw, Spryng I do the 1st mile of two or three and it is a good workout in a short period. The one mile I just pump it up a little!

Leigh,
Hope you are having a great time!

Crystal,
Hope everything works out with moving!

Deana,
Hope you have a good day!

Jaymi,
Hope you are on track!

Welcome Back Kristen,
We missed you! Give us your weigh in!

Melinda,
I am so sorry about your friend's baby. That is still just so horrible :(
Let us know how you do with the points today.

Ricci,
Hope you are feeling better today!!!

Well..... Ohh I forgot to weigh ...... lol..... brb with results..

OK I need a drumroll...... 164.5
I knew TOM made me gain last week! I am down 5.5 pounds... OMG!!!!

Ok I really need to go get dressed! Have a awesome day!

spryng
08-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Good morning all!!!
I am happy to report my WI!! Ready???? I want the same drumroll as Penny, LOL!! 124.5!!!! canyou believe it??? I normally maintain the week after dh leaves out, I ate bad ffrom friday to monday and normally on flex I may even gain a little... but I am down 1.5 lbs!!! And today is only day 4 on Core!!! I am thrilled thrilled thrilled!!! This really has motivated me to keep plugging along and I may see my personal goal weight sooner rather than later! I'm so happy right now! 125 was my goal weight but I'm going to try for 120... I know it is doable now and I can't wait!!!
So what is everyone going to be doing today? Grocery shopping for me sometime this morning. I want to shower and all that before I scare the world, lol. Dinner tonight will be spaghetti bolognese... from my newest ww magazine, it's 100% core so I'll need no pts for it. I'm going to get in some crochet today too, my cousin in oregan is having a baby... you may or may not remember but last year at 20 weeks they discovered her baby had a very rare disease and died a few days later in the womb... it was a little girl and she had a proper burial and all that... well now she is expecting again! She is due Jan 30th or something so just a couple days ahead of Crystal here. I don't know what she is having yet but as soon as I do I want to make her a blanket for the baby. She just got married this last weekend also to the baby's father, he was also the father to the other baby. So I'm really happy for them.

ok, enough babbling .. lol..

Penny congrats!!!! That is soooo great!!! Doesn't that make you even more motivated to get the weight off?? seeing the program works always does the trick for me.

Jaymi, hope you have a great day today!! I could never stay off the computer that long, lol... I HAVE to have interaction or I go batty after awhile.

Michelle, it is very responsible of you guys to get lifeinsurance. Dh and I really need to do that. He has some on him through his company but not enough to help any if something happened to him. I need some on me too in case something happens I will know the kids will be taken care of. And congrats on your loss too!! You are so very close to one-derland!!! Keep it up!! Hey, may I ask how you became a moderator on the exercise board? I really want to be one for the new WW Core board but have no clue how to do that. Any tips?

Jill I forgot to say that was ff sour cream in that recipe... so don't forget. But it's still very good.

Oh QOTD--- my primary beverage each day has been water lately. I forgot to buy diet soda this past week, so just water. Which was better anyway. But if I get what I want I love diet vanilla pepsi.

OK, gotta go!

melmcc99
08-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Morning all!

PENNY AND SPRYNG................................ :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: :balloons: :cheers: :cheer:

QOTD: W A T E R It's really the only thing I drink. Not big on soda or even coffee.

Well, I was up again all night with buggs, so I'm sorry I am not going back to tomorrow to right. PLEASE, don't be mad at me ladies if I didn't give you a personal.

need2losemore
08-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Good morning.
QOTD: WATER. 128 oz most days. More if its hot outside. I am feeling much better today. I was up at 6, and got my work out in early today. I have playgroup later on, and grocery shopping today or tomorrow. I have to clean out from under my microwave today, and might clean the oven out later. Just depends on if I really want to or not. I'm guessing not.
Congrats Penny and Spring on the losses. You all are doing so good, keep it up. I will check in later.

MichelleRae
08-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey Ladies!!

QOTD: Water for me as well its the only thing I drink besides a very occasional diet pepsi.

Spryng yes I too want to have the life insurance for my children hubby has about 300,000 on himself but I am underinsured but I'm also high risk in the insurance world so we'll see if they approve the application and I have to get a medical exam as well I'm sure since I have so many complications. I will make you copies of the sims on saturday when I have the day off and send them out right away. Don't worry about paying me anything thats what friends are for :D

Penny WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome girl!!! I'm so very proud of you!!

Mel sorry you were up all night I hope things are better tonight!! :grouphug: what was your weigh in today?

Ok I'm off to start cleaning I have an hour before I need to get ready to go so I'll be back in a bit!

Love to you all!
Michelle

CheriBrorsen
08-27-2004, 10:12 AM
First off

:cheer: :cheer::cheer: WOO HOO Spryng :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: You have to be beyond thrilled to have reached your original goal and props to you for setting another one.

And PENNY...WOO HOO to you too. :bravo: Awesome, you must be so motivated after that kind of loss.

Mel--I had a Loooooooooooong night with my youngest too...been up since 4 a.m. so I totally understand your feelings this morning.

QOTD--I drink one or two cups of coffee in the a.m., a gallon of water a day, and I really like Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke with Lime if I have coke to drink.

Ok...chaos upstairs...bbl to post more. Have a great day yall. :)

MichelleRae
08-27-2004, 10:21 AM
OMG Spryng I'm sorry I left you out!!! WAY TO GO!!! You are so awesome WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! I also forgot to say that you'll just want to talk to Suzanne about becoming a mod :D I think you will make a wonderful wonderful addition!

Cheri sorry you had a long night as well :( Hope your day is better.

BIGtimeLOSER
08-27-2004, 10:24 AM
I stayed the same as lask week, but after my crazy week, that's not so bad!

I have sick kids and I am not doing so hot myself, I think I have had a minimum of 2 doc appts daily until today! So eating has been whatever I can get when I have a moment.

Glad to see all of you losers!!! I will be with you next week, I promise!!

Don't have time for a long post now, gotta take ds to school!

Love you all!

Cindi *The diet coke addict*

Bayleysmom
08-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Ok so I have something in common with most of you! I lost 2 pounds from last week!! I know I posted it was 2.5 yesterday but I think I was still dehydrated from being sick but I am not disappointed with 2 pounds because it brought me to my 1st goal and I still had 3 weeks to do it!!! I am sooooooooooooooo happy and I want to thank all of you for it because I really wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all you ladies and all the support I get everyday. It has helped me so much being here and you all are just great!! So thanks!! Another thing I have in common is being up all night with a child!! She woke up once an hour all night just because she was turned around in her bed. I had to get her pacifier, turn her around and put the blanket on her and then she was fine, still was tiring because I was up so much. I don't know what her deal is, seems like her nose is stuffy so maybe she was having a hard time breathing. Anyway I feel your pain Mel and Cherie!! LOL We can be tired together today!!

Penny yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome. I bet you are even more motivated now!! I know I am! Congrats!! Hope to talk to you soon!!

Spryng you are awesome too!! That is so great! We both reached our goals and I need to set a new one now too!! Oh and I use light sour cream because it doesn't have quite as many carbs or sugar but it's basically the same thing. Thanks for reminding me though! So how old was your cousin when she got pregnant and what month? I only ask because I have this chart that is sooooooooooooo accurate it's scary and I want to see if I can predict if it's right or not. Let me know, if you know.

Ricci you are a water drinking machine!! I wish I drank that much water. I think I will try today!!

Michelle we have Life Insurance on Ron and disability because he rides dirt bikes all the time. We are covered pretty good with him but I don't have any. I will probably get some when I get my teaching job, so not for awhile LOL. Do you work today??

Cindi after a week like you have had I would just be happy to be alive!! I'm sure you will see a loss next week! Good luck with the kids!

Ok need to get baby some breakfast and me too, think I will take a walk later instead of going to the gym. TTYL!!

melmcc99
08-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Boy Cheri and JIll, are sleeplessness has to STOP. I can't stand it anymore. I can't type or talk....ha ha I wish I couldn't eat.

JILL WTG!!! on the weight loss!!! YOu are doing great. :bravo: :jig: :cb: :cp: :dance: :flow1: :flow2: :dancer: :balloons: :balloons: :cheer:

Michelle getting life insurance is a good idea...of course you know that, thats why u'r doin it. My weigh in stunk!!!!!!! I am up 3.5 from last week. I know prob 2 is water, but 1.5 is probably 'cause I didn't eat right this week. I owe Penny 50 cents this week. It's so discouraging though. I am .5 up from where I started from 3 weeks ago. It's like starting over. Well, all I can do now is do the best I can and do better. I really want to get out of the 2's if ya know what I mean.

Hello, Ricci and Cindi....Cindi. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Well ladies, I was flying all morning. Got lots of cleaning done. Cleaned the whole bathroom other than the floor, cleaned up the kitchen/dining room.
Straightened my room and the kids rooms and the family room. I promised the kids lunch at KFC, they like the chicken fingers there and a nice visit to the park. So, that's where I am heading at 1:30. They have been so good during the day now for 2 weeks. And DD folding half a load of laundry without me asking for her help. She folded 3 large towels, 6 hand towels, 3 pair of socks and her underware.. She was so cute.. My little 4YO who folds the laundry, what more could I ask for. She told my mother she did it because I was tired from being up all night with Bugga. OOOOOOOwwww I just love 'er.

jae
08-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Good morning! Well, barely!

Penny, Spryng, and Jill-Awesome job on your losses. That is great!

As for me, I didn't do so great. I've been having a very stressfull time lately. Maybe once I get over the bitterness, I'll talk about it. Oh, well. :shrug:

I've been on the computer all morning, so it's off to do my morning routine and a mile of WATP.

QOTD: Water, my next fave is iced tea!

Have a great day!

~j

Bayleysmom
08-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Ok just went for a long walk with my mom and Bayley and it was nice. My mom even complimented me on how I look and said she could definintely notice a difference!! I am so excited. Anyway she bought me a sugar free fat free Milky way coffee drink and it was pretty good, I need to drink a lot of water today though to counter act it! LOL Bayley is definitely sick, she has a snotty nose and is just not herself today which really sucks cause dh is going out of town and I will have her by myself. I am kind of excited to have the house to myself for the weekend though, distance makes the heart grow fonder right? I have plenty to do and my mom and best friend (who only lives20 minutes away but I haven't seen in over a month!!) are going to come over and help with planning B's party so that should be fun. Going to get the garden in order too, pulling weeds, trimming bushes etc. I have really neglected my garden this year now that I have a baby. Ok enough rambling!!!

Mel TYVM for the bravo! I am excited. I'm sure you will start losing soon, maybe you should switch your program around a little, your body just may be getting used to it. I know that happens to me all the time. Getting some sleep would probably help too! Hope you get a nap in today!

Jae, do you need to talk? Sounds like you are having a rough time. Let me know if you need someone to talk to, I'm here! Do you have any instant messengers? Like AIM or Yahoo or something? Let us know if you do so we can add you to our lists. Hope you are having a good day!

Ok everyone, need to vacuum so I can get dressed and go to the mall with my mom. It's me day (According to my flylady planner) so I wanted to go to the mall and window shop and get ideas for the party. Have a great day and I will check in later (bet you can't wait LOL)

MichelleRae
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey girls got back from the doctor a little bit ago and she was very please it looks like I've lost 7 lbs in just under 4 weeks (since the last time I saw her) and my bloodpressure is doing good as well!! Yayyyyyyy!!

Jill WOOOHOOOOO way to go!!! Keep up the good work!! Yes unfortunately I have to work tonight but I have saturday off, I have been working so much lately because we have 2 people away on vacation and they are our two full time primary people so I'm covering.

Mel hang in there girly!! Keep your head up and you'll be fine with your weigh in next week I'm sure of it!! One day at a time is how it works and thank god for it :D

Jae I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet I'm michelle sahm to 3 yo taylor and 10 month old teagan both girls, I live in montana and work part time at a hotel at the desk.

Ok I need to get ready for work! I will post when I get home tonight.
Love to all!!
Michelle

watkinsguru
08-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Sorry I haven't been around all day. My network was down until a few minutes ago.
QOTD: 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, sometimes juice for breakfast, sometimes tea for dinner and everything else is water. I don't drink much during the day anyways.

WTG Spryng and Penny!!!! That is great news.

Spryng, dh set his restrictions on the investment that we as a company makes. He wants real estate and only big stuff. I mean alittle rediculous if you ask me. But we all want to move and I think we will but in time. I'm looking into some of these cafe's and a woman's small business loan and so on and so on.

Okay, we've got to run to Wal-mart and a couple more errands. TTyL

spryng
08-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Good afternoon all!

Just got done with my exercise and I feel revved up!!! That Denise Austin really does inspire me, lol. She knows just what to say during a workout that gets me grinning at time, lol. But it was part yoga today, part intese aerobics (my heart felt like it would burst!) and some great weights and then yoga again. SO I feel energized and stretched out, lol. Feels good.
I didn't eat breakfast before I left the house this morning, I thought I would eat out but the more I thought about it the less apealing it sounded. I don't want to use my weekly pts just yet... which is not normal for me, friday's are normally my pig out on flex points day! But not this time... I'm saving them so I can gauge how many I might during the week... so instead I came home and ate a banana while I was putting groceries away and talking to dh on the phone, that took the edge off my hunger, than I heated up a thick slice of lean ham and had some ff cottage cheese to go with it, and boy was that filling, I couldn't even finish the cottage cheese! (which wasn't a big serving anyway) but it was all Core items and no pts were used. That feels great! And I stocked up on Core items today... I have lots of extra lean ground beef, whole wheat pastas, more couscous and bulgar mix... strawberries and tons of bananas (I have a recipe I want to try with them today) and many more things for my meals for this week. I am so happy.
The banana thing is this... cut up some bananas and freeze them... then stick them in your blender with ff milk and blend until thick and creamy... you can drink it as a shake or put it back in the freezer for a great home made type ice cream and it's 100% core so there is no limit and no pts to count!! I'm going to do that after I get done posting here so I can have a smoothie after the kids get up from their naps to tide me over until dinner, I think the kids will love it too. I think strawberries would be great in it too, what do you think?

Jae, so sorry you are so stressed out! Would you feel better if you talked about what is causing the bitterness?? We are here for more than just weight loss support you know! We are all friends here too. You could PM me anytime you like too if that is easier. I'm here for you!

Mel, don't let that gain discourage you! Do what Penny did with hers... let it make you made enough to motivate you to get it off and then some! I know you can do it! Don't think of it as starting over... think of it as going forward... not looking back... keep plugging along, you will get there! My dd loves to help fold towels too, they are little messy but I never say a word and let her put them in the linen closet, she feels like such a big helper when she does that! Too bad it doesn't last... one day they hit an age where they realize it's a chore! LOL! And you can't pay them to help anymore.

Jill, congrats on the 2# off ! That is sooo great!! I'm not sure how old my cousin was when she got pregnant... let me think (ouch this hurts!! LOL) --- mmm... 21 or 22 and she is due in Jan... if you want to know when she concieved I haven't a clue, but she is due Jan 30th I believe. So let me know! What did the chart say for crystal?? I did that chart with Tanner, the chinese gender chart? is that the one you are using? It said he'd be a boy and it was right, but I also did the hair strand test (with the wedding band) and it said boy too.. everything pointed to a boy except his heart rate. But that was ok because I know the heart rate thing is never accurate.

Cindi, I KNOW you will have a loss to share next week!! You have alot on your plate right now but things will get better for you! And I will see you on yahoo soon!

Michelle, you didn't leave me out, lol... but thanks anyway! I'm very excited about all this today. And thanks so much about the sims!!! I will repay you somehow, lol... so just be careful!! ;)

Cheri, how is your day going?? Hope you can get a nap in today!

Ricci enjoy your day out! You can come clean my oven, lol.. do you use oven off?? I need to do mine, dh used to clean it... so obviously it hasn't been cleaned in almost a year! YIKES! Maybe I should just do it, lol. My burner thingies need cleaned too... but I don't even think an SOS pad will budge that stuff! Any idea? (like buy new burner thingies, lol)

Well I am off here for now. I'll be on the computer though if anyone is online and wants to chat or something! (not a challenge though, lol.. kids are napping) TTYL!

jbbm
08-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Hey girls

How is everyone? Did Leigh get back yet? I hope she is having a great vacation. As for myself I have been totally OP this week. But today I have an upset stomach today. So I just had a banana, how weird Spryng and I just ate the same thing, lol. Anyway they are suppose to soothe your stomach and I feel a little better. It is all I have had to eat so far today though. On top of that I have a major migraine from this pms. Why do we have to suffer every month girls? Oh well he is due on Sunday :), end of rant :lol:! Tonight for dinner its going to be homemade rolls (either cornbread muffins or baking powder biscuits), homemade coleslaw, cooked veggies, baked potatoes and teryaki ginger salmon again. Yum.

Spryng congrats on the weight loss. You are doing well. It sounds like you eat very good portions sizes and still lose the weight. How are you doing it :lol:? I am glad you like the core plan so far. Is your goal still 120lbs? Spryng do you ever eat white potatoes, white bread or anything that is not whole wheat? Sorry for all the questions, just curious because you are doing well.

Jill I hope you are feeling better.

Cyrstal sorry you did not find out the sex of the baby. But now you have something to look foward to! I bet you are glad that hubby is home now, huh?

Michelle I hope you are off this weekend so you can rest up a bit. You worked full time this week right? Take it easy and have fun with your family, the pics are beautiful btw, you have a nice family.

Jaymi how are you today? Did TOM ever show. I have two days girl, and it is so hard waiting for the day to come. I get the migraines too. Are you going to the beach this weekend? Whatever you do I hope it is relaxing and fun! Keep up the good work.

Penny, when you said you wanted to be a teacher, even though we have never met, I can tell you would make a wonderful one just by reading your posts. You are caring and giving and do alot in your church environment. Go for it!

Well I wish I could post more, but I think I might lay down for awhile. Hi everyone, I wish you a great weekend. I will try and get back more often :lol:, but by the time I catch up you know how it goes the kids need something or I don't have time to post. I will try though. Have a good one! Julie

spryng
08-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey Julie! Yes I do eat "white" foods, but not often anymore. WW just released a new plan and on it we eat whole wheat everything.. but we still get 35 pts to use for treats and big macs! LOL... so we aren't deprived of anything. And my portions are not big really, tha ham at lunch was about 4 oz I'd say (I didn't measure) and the cottage cheese was about a cup but I couldn't finish it. I ate about 3/4 of it though. But yes, this new plan allows me to eat until satisfied and if that means a 32 oz steak then I can eat it!! LOL. Of course, I can only eat about a 4 oz one, lol. But you get the idea. And yes, my personal goal weight is 120 lbs.... once I get there I will either decide to lose a few more or began maintenance. Banana's don't stick with you very long so go get you something good to eat before hunger strikes and you want to eat down the kitchen! LOL. Hope you get a good nap!

jbbm
08-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the reply Spyrng, your a honey! Julie

jbbm
08-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Sorry I misspelled your name,oopps I have got to remember to put the r before the Y :lol:, I must be losing it,lol!

spryng
08-27-2004, 04:25 PM
LOL.. you are just tired... go get you a nap girl! LOL

Jaymi_Dol_78
08-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Hello Chicks! How's everyone going! I see all of those losers on here!! You all are doing a great job.. I'm so proud of all of you! Me, myself, I think I've just about given up. My body is fighting me so hard... I'm losing this one. My brain keeps going, it wants to exercise, and it wants to stay on plan.. but my body is tripping. It's like everytime I put something healthy in my mouth.. like wheat foods, or turkey groundmeat.. etc.. I get soo nauseus. It tastes so totally gross to me. I'm losing it! I know... I don't get it. I just need a plan this time... but for free. Something I can follow, but isnt so expensive that I won't be able to afford them. Anyways I don't want to whine or complain any farther. I'm tired of hearing myself!!! :lol: Everyone have a blessed day!

mompen
08-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Ok Ladies!

If posting lost calories..... YOU WOULD ALL BE SKINNY AS BEAN POLES RIGHT NOW! :lol:

SLOW DOWN!!! LOL

Andrew had a dr. appt this am at 10. We didn't get out of there until 1:15! I stopped to get lunch then by that time it was time to get into line to get Hunter!

Anyhow... Andrew's tonsils and adneoids are so huge that he is not able to breathe out of his nose. He stops breathing at night... but all three boys were the same way!

Hunter had his tonsils and adneiods out at 2 b/c it was so bad but Nicholas was able to hold off until 3... Well the dr. said that Andrew's are so bad that she wants to do them now and make him stay in the hospital overnight...

I told her I needed some time to think about it and get back to her.

Sorry to ramble on about it.... :( I was just a little upset even though I knew it was coming.

Anyhow,
I am sorry not to address everyone this afternoon but I have to get my house picked up and Hunter went to a friends so I have to go get him.

Have a great afternoon! Congrats :cheer: to ALL the LOSERS! :) and to those who gained..... you are here b/c you want to make a change.... Keep going! You can do this! We are all in it together!

spryng
08-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Hello again! I think everyone took your advice Penny, lol... there has been no posts since your last one! :) Well, then there is me... the rebel! So sorry to hear about Andre. Poor guy. When do they want to do the surgery and is it just a out patient procedure?

Jaymi, let me know what you think about all that email stuff ok? Don't ever give up on yourself... where there is a will, there is a way, even if you only lost 1 lb a month it's worth staying OP for. And losing weight is a battle with the mind and belly, lol... and it doesn't stop when all the weight is off either... that is just the beginning of a whole new fight. Since we all weren't blesses with that "stay skinny forever" gene... we are always going to be dieting and trying to lose or maintain our weights. But you have to think long term... you have to make it a lifestyle not just a "diet" but something you can honestly and wholeheartedly do FOREVER. It's so important to your success, which I really think you will have once you throw yourself into it with everything you have. But anyway, I can go on and on, lol... I just care about you and want you to feel good about yourself, you know?

Well, I just finished up dinner and it was fantastic!!! I had spaghetti bolognese and a huge salad... I am stuffed. I know they say eat until satisfied, and I did.. but once it hit bottom I feel stuffed, lol. And I made that smoothie thing.... SO GOOOOOOD!!! The kids thought it was ice cream and ate it with a spoon, lol. I froze what was leftover for a banana ice cream for tomorrow or when I get a sweet tooth. But between half a glass of that and dinner I'm busting at the seams. I think I will do some more exercise tonight to alleviate some of this fullness. I know I'm fine as far as points and all that go, if I added up pts in my meal I know I'm still under for today... but they were right when they said Core foods will fill you up. A little really does go a long way!

OK, I think I will get off here and start cleaning. I've neglected flylady so far today. TTYL!

Bayleysmom
08-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey everyone! Just got back from being in town with dd and mom. It was fun. We just window shopped and I picked out a few things I want to get for Bayley for her birthday in a few weeks. Hopefully they will be on sale by then. I did buy a cute outfit at baby Gap for my girlfriend who is having her first girl (after 4 boys). It was only 2.99!! Sooooooooooo cute. It is for next Spring/Summer so it should fit her baby then. How can you pass up a deal like that? I know I can't. Being this age I always know someone who is having a baby! LOL Anyway I also picked out some cute school clothes for me that I will buy a little closer to school time, hopefully I will be smaller by then (wouldn't that be nice!!) Lot's of cute stuff out right now. I also got Bayley some Ladybug stationary so I can make her invitations for her party. Way cheaper than buying all the invitations already pre-made. All it takes is ink and envelopes and I already had those on hand. Well that's about it for me. I'm making pulled pork sandwiches for dinner on WW rolls and probably a salad or something. It smells good so hopefully it is! I don't know if I can mentally take another disaster dinner!! LOL
Hope you all are having a good night!! How come no one is posting? Penny stop scaring everyone off!! TTYL!

Bayleysmom
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Anyone up for chat tonight??!!!! Let me know. I'll be home. DH is going out of town so I need company!!!

watkinsguru
08-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Hello there. I'm getting ready to call it a night. Hopefully gonna get a bath. Dh and I researched some Florida properties on the net tonight, of course, for investment. I'm alittle upset thinking we may not go, but I very subtly told him my plan he liked it but thinks it won't work. So maybe if I keep going forward with it and find out that it might work the way I want it, he'd be happier. Anyways, we'll see.

Penny, so sorry to hear about Andrew. At least you've been through it before, so you know what to expect. Is he gonna have to have the surgery and when?

Spryng, glad you got grocery shopping out of the way. Hope you had a great day and have a great night.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you all had a great day and have a great night. I think I'll be around all day tomorrow. I'll talk to ya later.

Bayleysmom
08-27-2004, 10:14 PM
I'll be in MSN chat if anyone is up for it. Hope to see you there!!

Chubba
08-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Good evening ladies,

Penny... now ya know... I don't drink b&c's all day long! :lol: I'd never be able to keep up with the boys if I did that!! My answer to the QOTD is WATER! I do have my half pot of coffee in the am.
About Andrew's tonsils....you need to do what's best for him. :^: Let us know what you decide ok? Congrats on that HUGE loss too lady!! Woooo hoooo :D .

Spryng...congrats to you too. Seems the core is working for you. I think you asked me about Dr Phil recipes...he has a cookbook, but I'm not buying it...yet :lol: . I have so many cookbooks now that I don't use. Just got another cooking light and I won't be renewing...much to complicated. I just make lots of lean meats and lots of veggies on the side. Congrats ot on the exercise...now I have nothing to harrass you about :p .

Mel...does Bugga nap during the day?? Hope this is just a phase. Don't worry about the gain...I just went through the same thing.

Michelle...life ins is such a good idea. Even if we're not the money makers, it would be nice for our dh's to have money to pay the nannies they'll need if, God forbid, anything happened to us! We have enough on each of us to pay of mortgage..cars..etc. don't work too hard.

Cheri...hope you get some sleep!!

Jill..congrats on the 2 lbs down!! Have fun planning your party. Send one of those coffee's my way...sounds delish!

Jae...feel free to vent...we're all here to listen! :hug:

Spent today doing the massive amount of laundry that piled up this week. I swear I only worked 12 hours this week. What happened? :lol: I think I did like 6 loads. Can't believe our vacation is next week. We leave Thurs night so I've been making packing lists & to do lists and such too. I haven't decided yet if I'll work 6 or 12 hours next week but I'm leaning towards only 6. Glad it's so flexible. Also got my 3 mile WATP in this morning. WI is Monday, then I'll miss the next 2 while gone...wish me luck keeping it off! :lol:

OK, have a great night everyone...hi to anybody I missed!

spryng
08-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Good evening all!

My evening has been fine... had some 94% ff popcorn to snack on and I think the kids hogged it, lol. But it was good.
Nothing much happening here tonight. I didn't get anything done today... no cleaning that is. But there is always tomorrow! :)

Geri, if you had B&C all day long you may not be able to keep up with your kids, but you would "think" you were, lol... nah! You are a fantastic mommy!! And since you can't harass me about exercise today I'll let you harass me about cleaning, lol. And I agree that most cooking light recipes are complicated and not time saving. And some can be down right expensive! I like some of their stuff but havn't even looked at it in a long time. I have their newest cookbook too... what a waste of money, lol. I don't think I've made one recipe out of it. You are going to be gone for 2 weeks!!! NO!! I won't let you! You won't get to check in with us at all???? How will you live without me? Nope... can't do it.. forget it, lol. I'll really miss you!!!!

Crystal, are your in-laws going for sure? I hope everything works out for you guys. But give it time, I mean this is all really sudden... sometimes things just aren't meant to be.

Jill, how did your dinner turn out? better than last night? I don't think I'll make a chat tonight, I am beat and I think I stretched too hard during that yoga segment.. the back of my legs are starting to kill me! But I hope you had someone to chat with!

Well ladies, its been a really great day! Hope tomorrow is the same. Have a great night!! TTYL!

Bayleysmom
08-28-2004, 12:06 AM
MICHELLE!! Where are you!! Come chat with us at MSN!!!

MichelleRae
08-28-2004, 03:20 AM
lol so sorry I stayed at work longer than anticipated, I helped a few clients wipe their computers and gave them some software they had been wanting, We have a group of ad execs that stay with us 3 months out of the year and they needed help and I ended up staying longer than I thought I would because they don't know how to do any of that stuff. Anyway its late I'm gonna get some sleep and I'll post in the morning
Love ot all
Michelle

watkinsguru
08-28-2004, 07:49 AM
starting a new thread...