Support Groups - Five Things You Are Thankful For #2
08-26-2004, 11:36 AM
All you have to do is list five things you are thankful for TODAY!
Today I am thankful for:
1. Spending time with DS#1-he is taking me to lunch today.
2. Raisin Bread :T
3. I have my housework done this morning.
4. Getting to spend time with DH
5. Another beautiful day. :sunny:
da fat n da furious
08-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Things I am grateful for
1. Watching my healthy son get tackled,,,and get up
2. Road construction, so I can pluck my eyebrows while waiting..lol
3. Cheerios, and clam chowder its all Ive been eating while I run from one place to the next.
4. Tide cause it does get the dirt out.
5. The cold weather cause it will make my holiday more special...
08-27-2004, 01:27 AM
1. That I actually made a phone call to OML and found out they DIDN'T recieve my letter! (now I know why I didn't get a call yet!) :dizzy:
2. I get to snuggle up in bed with Jhanai tonight while James is in Portland. :)
3. That I finally quit having "2nds" during dinner time!! :smug:
4. That I have tons of tomatoes waiting for me at grandpa's!! Salsa time!! :D
5. That I really don't have three chihuahua's in my house after sweeping the floors!! :lol:
08-27-2004, 03:32 AM
Oooh my little brain is going to hurt trying to think of something today , since today ( the 28th) I am going to be really depressed. Ok, here goes.
1. That someone invented those WONDERFUL 100 calories snack pack things. ( nothing like no guilt for cookies, :D )
2. That since my job is being a *Bleep* I won't have to deal with mean, evil, rude, stupid people anymore
3. That god made cats and dogs to enrich our lives, reduce stress and give us unconditional love. ( Why can't humans do that? :( )
4. That I still have both of my parents.
5. That I still feel close to my grandma!ma! ( psychic link I think) even though she has been gone for three years now. It is nice to feel her presence and talk to her and know she is watching over me. Makes me less sad.
08-27-2004, 11:30 AM
1. They finally started on the houses across the street! (All the construction will soon be done and no more noise!)
2. My niece-she is a sweetie! Received a card from her.
3. DS#2 got another job offer! (Better job, pay, & benefits to boot!)
4. I found 2 books I have been looking for.
5. My CD's (cannot live without my music)
2. sippy cups
3. bras that lift and separate :D
5. staying OP
Shanna, hon, today is the 27th. So don't be depressed today!
08-27-2004, 05:42 PM
1. That I got my grocery shopping done...hate that job.
2. I am thankful for a BIL that loves me enough to bring me Lemon Custard ice cream. (it is hard to find around here)
3. Haircolor..only my hairdresser knows for sure.
4. I am truly thankful that my grandson is getting the oppurtunity to go to college.
08-30-2004, 11:40 AM
1. the cool weather
2. quiet time
3. word games :lol:
4. I finished my book finally!
5. my cute little doggy
08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
1. That my dad loved me & my mom enough to marry her and take us to the United States.
2. Even after their divorce...my dad wanted me & my sister to live with him while my mom went back to the Phillipines.
3. For electricity....a real luxury compared to where I could be living.
4. Plenty of food. I never have to starve or feel deprived. (you can tell just by looking at me that hasn't happened!) :lol:
5. Clothes. I have clothes to keep me warm and to hide my imperfections!
(It was my dad's birthday the other day and I started thinking about all he's done for me & my sis as we grew up.......and I'm so very grateful to be who I am, where I live, and to have the chance to live the way most phillipinos dream of living)
08-31-2004, 12:03 AM
Here goes nothing for todays thankful list
1. My parents are so special and are going to help me out with schooling and bills every month even though I am a very big girl
2. I didn't have a migraine yesterday ( one day free)
3. only two more days until I have 5 days off.
4. My favorite Uncle ( only six years older than me) is going to be moving back to oregon because he got accepted to a monastery here to complete his priest training or whatever it is called. ( We are more like brother and sister since we are so close in age and our baby pictures are identical, minus the dress on me. lol)
5.I hopefully get to see my friend on my days off
1) my pillow
2) ff/sf pudding
3) fall flowers
4) coffee in the morning
5) Rilo Kiley's song "I never"
08-31-2004, 12:25 PM
1. Cherry Tomatoes :T
2. DS#2 wasn't hurt worse
3. My 'puter :comp:
4. DH still has his job :crossed:
09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
1. I got my first issue of Weight watchers magazine and know I have something to read at work and learn some eight stuff
2. I had two sweet kitties sleeping with me when I work up today, so cute and wouldn't ya know it, the one day my sweety doesn't take a picture while I am sleeping. grrrr, LOL
5. the Strength of Prayer
09-01-2004, 05:08 AM
The health of my family.
That I still have a job after the lay-offs yesterday.
That DH and I are still in love after 36 years.
My beautiful grandchildren.
My flower garden--the place where my mind is alway at rest even if my body isn't.
09-01-2004, 03:27 PM
1. Photos....so I can cherish all my memories.
2. Hardwood floors! I like to slide into the livingroom or do a silly dance sliding for my DH!!
3. Mobile to Mobile Cell phones.....otherwise it would cost me so much to talk to James and we probably would talk even less.
4. Sales! :D I stocked up on some school supplies for myself! Paper & Folders!!
5. Drivers license. I didn't get mine until I got together with James. I was always told that I didn't need one or that there was something wrong with the car and I had to wait. The freedom of going when and where I want is amazing.
09-02-2004, 01:56 AM
1. My friend Marti
2. My photographer boyfriend. ( another sleeping picture has been taken folks)
3. Lava Flow Drinks ( the best in the whole world)
4. Digital Cameras
5. Cool whip
1. Mrs. Dash spices
3. being blessed
4. my dog Molly
5. the feeling of Fall in the air
09-02-2004, 12:08 PM
1) Spending the day with DH.
2) Got my shopping done early.
3) A beautiful, but hot day! :sunny:
4) Colorful Images :lol: I just ordered Christmas labels. What can I say? I am addicited to address labels! :lol:
5) Melissa Etheridge, listening to her new CD today and I can't get enough of it.
09-02-2004, 12:17 PM
1. Chalklets. I've been playing around with them drawing pictures.....will really add to a scrapbook page!
2. Coffee. Even though I shouldn't really drink it...I really enjoy having a cup.
3. Jhanai's blown kisses!! She blew me tons of kisses over the phone last night and I'm still thinking about them!
4. The visit I had with grandpa last night!
5. Books. I enjoy becoming part of the story and letting my imagination run wild!
09-02-2004, 11:57 PM
1. For finally have five days off
3. Weight watchers magazine
4. Alcohol ( heehee)
5. Walmart ( for all the cheap stuff that helps poor people like me survive)
09-03-2004, 12:59 PM
2. Books (like Marti, I too enjoy becoming a part of the story)
4. Might as well as Music to the list. If I had to do without anything in my life I could deal with it as long as I had music and a good book to read.
5. My family. Even though it is a given everyday, it just seems some days are more special than others and I can't thank god enough for having them.
09-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh, I like this thread!
1. DS #1 is going to an island in the middle of the ocean, not to Iraq or Afghanistan.
2. He joined the Air Force and not the Marines
3. DS #2 LOVES college! And his job has been great about working around his school schedule
4. Even though it's hard, and very stressful -- I have a good job, like my co-workers and supervisors, and I'm paid a decent wage.
5. I AM GOING TO DISNEYLAND AND STAYING AT THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! WHOO HOO!!! :cb: :hyper: :dance: :twirly: :dancer: :D
1) for the adorable sight of the horse and donkey I see together every time I go to town.
2) that today is my last day on Core. :cp:
3) for the newspaper and freedom of the press
4) for flexible straws
5) that Neal grows popcorn :corn:
1) for my on-going weight loss.
2) that my nasty cold is over.
3) that my friend Barb in Florida is ok despite Frances.
4) for graham crackers.
5) that a new season is almost upon us.
da fat n da furious
09-07-2004, 07:16 PM
I am thankful for.
1. Being Canadian
2. Chicken breasts
3. Healthy kids that drive me nuts
4. A awesome tan...lol
5. Great friends
09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
1. Feeling a little better
2. Claritin :crossed:
3. Eternity (I love that stuff and get so many compliments on it)
4. Yankee Candle Store
5. Hair clips
09-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok, I'll give this one a try today.
Today I am thankful for:
1. Having to make hard decisions about too many job choices.
2. Still having 8 wonderful cats.
3. My sweet and sensitive dog who gives me kisses every time I cry.
4. My dear boyfriend who would drop anything and come over to be with me if I needed him to.
5. My friends.
09-09-2004, 01:27 AM
I am thankful today for...................
1. Beautifully green and nature rich Oregon
2. 75% less sugar cereals
3. For fall and the getting to wear more clothes to cover up the blubber
4. For non splitting jeans ( got to love not getting embarrassed, as some of you jaded ladies know. hee hee )
5. Low fat sorbets that are yummy and good for you.
09-10-2004, 12:03 AM
I guess I am the only one that was thankful since yesterday. So here goes my list for today.
1. An extra hour of sleep today ( must have needed it since I usually get up two hours before that)
2. Green peppers and NF Cottage cheese ( eat that for dinner before work at least twice every week)
3. Home decorating magazines ( I am an interior and remodeling freak)
4. Chat rooms
5. Comfy slippers
09-10-2004, 01:34 PM
1. It being Friday!
4. Beef Stroganoff (tonights dinner-so yummy :T)
1) a clean house
2) soft towels
3) Edy's no sugar frozen fruit bars
4) beautiful fall weather
09-11-2004, 11:32 AM
2. A clean car
3. Extra-strength tylenol
09-12-2004, 12:54 AM
2. Seeing the dogs at the pet shop
3. Giving mommy a makeover
4. Getting cheat codes (for video game)
5. Playing with kittens
09-12-2004, 12:57 AM
1. Having both Jhanai & James home for the weekend
2. Knowing I have a paycheck coming to me finally!
3. New shoes (needed some tenny's with arch support!)
4. Letting Jhanai give me this "Marvelous" makeover
5. Halloween candy. Such a bad thing to have around the house!!!! :D
09-12-2004, 11:46 AM
1. Polish (pretty dark red)
2. The beautiful weather :sunny:
3. Great neighbors (I don't really know them but they are quiet and all seem to be nice enough)
4. For getting my letter writing done and up to date on cards to be sent for the month
5. That I am alive and healthy and I have my family and friends-I have been very blessed.
09-13-2004, 02:19 AM
1. Coupons for cheap dinners
2. Ice cold water to quench your thirst
3. Boyfriends that make good french toast in the morning ( so sweet!!! :-)
4. Pets to loves us unconditionally
5. Colder weather ( I love to be able to cover up more of my body!!!!)
09-14-2004, 07:58 AM
1. Snuggling warm comforters for the winter months
2. Black beans
3. Waking up and putting on comfy pants to relax before the days rigors start
4. Bed head so my sweetie has something to laugh at
5. A roof over my head ( for the time being anyway LOL)
09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
1. Alarm clocks.....(how would I EVER get up w/out those!)
2. Toothpaste......(I'm a new employee and talk to everyone....would be awful if I didn't care about the tooths!)
3. Getting up w/James to go to work....although that will change in a couple days
4. Eye gel!! I would have major eye bags if I didn't use that. It really works!
5. You girls. Always know I have someone to come and talk to!
09-15-2004, 07:24 AM
boy, it seems like not a lot of people have been thankful lately. :)
here is my list for the day
1. That i only have 7 more days of this yucky mean job ( of course after that i will have to start stressing about money and another one, but oh well. :?: )
2. Free food ( my work is having employee appreciate week and we are getting lots of free stuff. Today was quiznos party packs and I only had 2 two inch veggie sandwiches. I was so proud of myself. Good and good for me.
3. Scrapbook magazines.
4. Fall season ( my favorite of the year. I like when it is crisp, but not yet cold and the leaves start changing and it seems perfectly fine to stay at home and nest)
5. Knowing you all are here and I feel like I have more people in my life.
09-15-2004, 10:00 AM
1. Hairspray! My goodness I really have to tackle my head in the mornings! :fr:
2. Umbrella's. It's raining this morning and knowing I have to walk two blocks...it's nice to know I will be dry. :rain:
3. Cheerios'! The breakfast of champions. That's my morning wake up this last few weeks. :)
4. Coffee. Who knew I had to get used to going to work?? :coffee:
5. Sounds. I was born w/nerve deafness....and I can tell it's getting worse...so I take in all sounds! Something that I will eventually lose as I get older. (time to get a hearing aid!) :)
09-15-2004, 09:06 PM
1. catnip for the kitties
2. central air conditioning
3. my best friend who always knows just what to say
4. perfect fall weather
5. unconditional love from my poochie
09-15-2004, 10:33 PM
1. The rain, what little bit we got this morning :rain:
2. A goodnight's sleep
3. Yet another good book
4. Make-up (I need it with the dark circles under my pink eyes! They are dark and pink from the allergies)
5. Being grateful...for my family, my friends, having a roof over my head, food to eat (which I could do with less of) etc. I may get in moods sometimes but I am always grateful for the life I have.
09-16-2004, 04:18 AM
1. That everything seems to be in order for my fall school term
2. Toilets ( I often wonder if I could have survived in the times before they were invented and being the clean freak that I am I know I would have gone mad. So I am very thankful to Thomas Crapper for inventing them)
3. A Sense of Humor. ( I mean it can get you thru the hardest of times. It is better to laugh at yourself to stop yourself from crying. I find I use humor to cover up the pain. )
4. That I don't have long nose hairs. ( I always find it amazing when I see people with nose hairs that stick so far out of their nose that it looks like an octopus is trying to escape. I mean don't they see them, don't their loved ones point it out, haven't they ever heard of nose hair trimmers.)
5. The ability to love. ( Just think how sad our lives would be without being loved by someone and loving someone or something back)
09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
1. A clean house
2. LC mac & cheese (it actually is pretty tasty)
4. Sleeping in (I can't believe I slept till 10:00 :yikes:
5. Friends :grouphug:
I don't post often, because the things in my life tend to be the same.... don't want to sound as boring as I really am, lol.
But I am thankful...
1) that my tests came back ok, so far.
2) that Neal is so patient with me.
3) for tortillas.
4) for the horse and donkey I see everyday. Did I already mention that???
5) that my water softener is finally fixed after 2 attempts at it.
09-17-2004, 12:25 AM
1. That Shanna fit into smaller jeans!
2. That Jana's test came back with great news.
3. That Cristi got to sleep in!
4. That I lasted all day working in my boots!
5. For a loving husband that made ME dinner tonight!
Your girls' good news is my good news. You're like family and so when I hear good stuff about you, it makes me smile......(in case you were wondering whats going on with 1,2,3)
09-17-2004, 01:30 PM
1. Feeling much better
2. Getting my grocery shopping done early and not spending too much!
3. The cool fall weather
5. Me and DD time, it's special to me because I know one day she will be off on her own and I won't see her as much.
I do the same Jana, feel like I am repeating myself some days, which I am sure I do. I am thankful everyday for something but for the most part it is the same things everyday. Oh well...Marti, that is sweet. Now how do you follow that one? It makes me smile too knowing everyone is having a good day and to know good things are happening to you all. :grouphug:
09-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Today I am thankful for
1) Seeing some sun shining through the clouds. :flow2:
2) Awesome driving skills that got me to work on time. :bravo:
3) The office all to myself. :cb:
4) Feeling better. :dance:
5)Starbucks Coffee :coffee2:
09-18-2004, 12:10 PM
1. That it is the weekend
2. Diet Coke-it is my coffee :coffee:
3. Radio-without music I think I would die!
5. Mini-blinds, they are a lifesaver.
09-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Please head on over to Five Things...#3. See ya there :wave: