Old 08-26-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #226 Thursday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:37 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile good morning

QOTD: WHAT IS A SECRET DREAM OR FANTASY OF YOURS? NOT A BAD ONE, LOL!!!
Answer: to be an actress. In fact, before I got pregnant with Alisa, I had a miscarriage and realized maybe I wasn't ready for kids. I started to lose weight and get into shape and I was practicing to audition for a role in the local theatre. I've never acted a day in my life, but realized I want to.

Jill, I asked that question to answer your question. If it was just me and I didn't have kids I would live close to New York City. But with a family I want to live close to the beach so my kids can have that. Hope you slept good.

Ricci, good luck on starting school. All the things that I've delt with in regards to writing would just say show RJ like any other way, although he'll angle the paper opposite than us.

Spryng, we paid cash for this house, it's not the greatest house, but it's literally paid for. It makes for a great asset although it's only appraised for less than $30000.00, but it is ALL asset.

Hello to Geri, Penny, Jaymi, Mel, Michelle, Cindi, Angel, Cheri and everyone else.

Dh will be home around lunch time today. We'll skip school or do it later so we can get this house in order. I thought he wasn't going to be home until dinner time so I saved quite a few things to do today. One more load of laundry, take out trash and some dusting and vaccuming. Maybe mopping if it fits in my schedule. TTYL
Old 08-26-2004, 07:50 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies

Crystal,
Hope you get your house in order before dh arrives. Have a great day!

QOTD: A secret dream is not really that secret. The only thing I can say is that in my heart I really want to be a elementary teacher. But that dream will come true b/c I will be back in school soon and living that out

Well I am doing great! Day three on plan Even getting in my exercise all with TOM here. My scale is back down from last week so far so I am happy for that!

Well I am gonna get my exercise in really quick and get the kiddos ready to go!
Nicholas has a hearing evaluation done today.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:43 AM   #4  

Crystal, I hope you get all that tiding up done b4 dh comes home. Well, once the kids are all in elemetary school, then you can do a local act! You'll have so much fun!

Penny, Weigh to go on the exercise this a.m. LMK how Nicholas's hearing tests goes.

QOTD: I would love to own my own business!

Well, ladies, I need some of Penny's OP vibes to come this weigh.....lol The scale says I'm up 4lbs, I don't think eating is the primary cause of that though. I think once TOM comes 3 out of 4 of that will go away. I bet I don't make the challenge tomorrow...I must get in the exercise today!!!!! I must eat right too! BACK OP in a major way.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I usually get up with Tanner in the morning and vegetate in front of the tv for awhile before I get around... but I decided I'd get things going early this morning! I have been so lazy the past couple of days with the house. Sure I've been doing stuff in it, but not my flylday stuff and I need to get on the ball. So Jill 3pm central is great for me... but I can only do it until 4 because I start dinner at 4.
So things to do today include housekeeping, obviously, and getting a menu wrote out for next week. Oh and I forgot to tell everyone how much my kids have been enjoying their new lunches! Everyday it's been something different and my dd tells me what a great mommy I am and that I'm a good cook, lol. Makes me feel good. It hasn't been anything hard to cook, lol... sandwiches one day with individual bags of chips, fries and fish sticks, pizza, etc. But I know it's stuff they like.
QOTD--- a secret dream?? Hmm... does winning the lottery count?? LOL. Or publishers clearing house showing up at my door with the BIG check? Or pepsi awarding me the billiong dollar winner?? LOL. OK, a REAL dream?? I would love to go back to school and become a midwife. And I hope once all the kids are in school I can actively pursue that.

Mel, I think you are right about TOM. I was up too and he finally hit last night and I'm already back to 125.5 today! My official WI is tomorrow though so I'm hoping to lose 1/2 lb more and hit my personal goal weight. But we'll see.

Penny, what exercise are you doing? I forget. Hope that hearing test goes well! What else do you have planned for today?

Crystal, I used to be quite the little actress when I was younger, lol. My teachers said I was a natural, I also sang and wrote, won awards for all of it. But when you grow up with no money, and on welfare most of your childhood all of those things are near to impossible to pursue. But that is ok... I can still write and sing and act here for the kids, LOL. Our house is less tha 30 G too but houses here are all cheap. We had a couple move in from california, they sold their little 2 bedroom house for 250 G!! Came here and got a huge 6 bedroom victorian home for 90 grand. So you really get your monies worth here.

Ok, gonna get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

I got most of my tidying done. Getting the last loads of laundry done. I didn't mop, but swept and vaccumed, dusted, cleaned up the bathroom and the kids room which is always the worst is cleaned too.
I'm excited for dh to be home, maybe he'll be wanting to talk about some things. I so badly want to move I can taste it. I have learned that Texas lacks in opportunities and I mean all kinds. As I was searching for businesses for sale, there aren't hardly any in Texas. Just a few construction companies and hair salons. Florida, Arizona, even Louisiana and a few California business are for sale. The really neat kind. My dh and I have ALWAYS dreamed of being small business owners and I feel like if we keep looking instead of building, we'll find the right one and could move there. He seemed to really like Florida and there are several little cafe's for sale. That is MY dream. Wish me luck on talking to him. I know what the outcome will be but at least I can give him a look into my deep self and he'll know alittle more about me and me him.
Okay, gotta go dry my hair and get dressed. TTYL
Old 08-26-2004, 10:37 AM   #7  

Crystal, I think owning a small business would be great! Can't wait to hear what your dh has to say. Just remember though that most small businesses fail in their first 2 years so it's a real struggle, and find out why those other businesses are selling... is it because they don't make enough? Bad area? Etc. And can you move to another state with no family to help you out while you run a cafe or something? what would you do with the kids and while you are expecting another? I know.. sounds so negative, I just know from experiance that the idea of owning your own business is better than actually doing it. My In-laws own their own business and they will have to file for bancruptcy for the second time soon... the first time was over a business too. So just go in with eyes wide open.

Ok, I still haven't got off here yet, lol. I've been consumed with the weightwatchers.com message boards and learning more and more about this Core program. But I'm getting off now to get my housework done.. TTYL!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:49 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies...

Mel,
Let me know if you wanna exercise later Hope you are feeling better

Spryng,
Have fun with the flylady challenge! I pick up Hunter at 3pm so I will miss you ladies Glad you are doing good with the new plan,,, sounds interesting Can't wait to hear about your weigh in!

Crystal,
Hope everything goes ok with dh! I know my hubby owns his own buz now and complains all the time....lol

K I am gonna get off here and get some things done! We have karate this evening and Nicholas has his hearing thingy and I gotta pick up Hunter from school

Have a great day
Old 08-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!! Hope you all are doing good today! I was a bad girl and weighed today just to see where I was and I was down another 2.5 pounds from last weeks WI!! That means I am in the 140's and have already met my goal!! I am so excited!! I think it had a little to do with my flu on Tuesday but it's been a couple days and I am still down so maybe the loss is here to stay. It gets me so motivated when I see a loss like that! I need to go to the gym today but I was still feeling kind of yucky last night and don't want to relapse so I am debating whether to go or not. Plus it is a yucky rainy day and I don't want to be out in it.

I planned my meals for the week last night so I will shop today, I hope I'm up to it. Certain foods are still making me nauseous but I think I can get through it. I really need to do flylady too! My house isn't a disaster or anything but I need to get some stuff done. I didn't get to do any of the olympics yet and was going to do them on Tuesday (I saved all the e-mails from the week before) but then I got sick so now it seems overwhelming. I also have a load of stuff to take to Goodwill but I just can't seem to get out of the house. Oh well I know I will get it done soon.

Crystal good luck on getting the house together. Small businesses are hard. I hope that if you do get one that you do well at it!

Spryng I can't believe someone bought a 6 bedroom house for 90,000!!! I'm moving to Kansas!! Our 1165 square foot house was 95,000 four years ago. It was appraised for more a couple years ago and I'm sure has grown a little more in value but a six bedroom for 90,000!!! That's crazy!! Why are prices so low? My parents sold their 3 bedroom for 265,000 a couple months ago but they had property, they had only bought it for 140,000 10 years ago so they were stoked to make so much off of it. It's funny how the house market works sometimes.

Penny I'm so proud of you for being so deticated to plan! I know you will see a loss soon. You sound so motivated! Have a great day!

Mel I'm sure the scale will be tipping the other way soon! Just stay OP and exercise and you'll be set. Or you could get the flu like me! LOL Hope you slept good last night!

QOTD: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my dream would be to become a teacher and make enough money that my dh could quit his job and find one that he really enjoys doing. I know we will both have to work to really live the way we want to live but I know that we can make it just fine with him doing something else besides being a diesel mechanic. He really loves dirt bikes and ATV's so maybe something like that.

Ok I hear the baby, I guess I should go get her and get us dressed. Hope you all are havind an OP day!! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Morning ladies.

Didn't get here yesterday. Was busy cleaning almost all day, deep cleaning stuff, kinda like spring cleaning, only hotter.

Sorry if I don't get everyone addressed from yesterday.

Michelle: What a beautiful family !!! We haven't had pictures done in almost 4 years, need to do that. I had kids' pics taken last year but not the whole family. BTW, how do you post them? I have tried but everytime I do it tells me it's too large. I have even tried cropping and resizing but can't seem to get it right. I have Printmaster or Microsoft Picture It! on my computer.

Spryng: Hopefully it won't be too hard for him to find a job. He is 16 now and all the other kids have gone back to school. Since I homeschool him and he will be studying for GED this year, he can work during the day while others are in school. Told him last night that he is to sit down and make a list of places to get applications and we will go Monday and pick them up, fill them out and take them back on Tuesday. Hopefully something will happen by the end of next week. I will still have to drive him everyday, or let him drive, so that will give him more experience. When I told him if he could make $6 an hour, even working 30 hours a week he would bring home about $150 a week and get his car fixed up faster, that seemed to make a difference. He has a friend whose stepbrother is 33 yo and lives in the basement at mom and dad's house and won't hold a job, so all I have to do is remind him that he doesn't want to end up like him and it seems to motivate him......:

Crystal: Spryng is right, Missouri is nice. I have lived in the same county all my life. I have visited other places but still like home. You just have to be prepared for the weather to change at the drop of a hat....

To everyone else: Hope you are having a great OP day and getting your exercise.

Too all that have TOM visiting: My deepest sympathy. Mine left 2 days ago.

I have to admit, I cheated this morning and jumped on the scale out of curiosity. WI was Tuesday but TOM was here. I was shocked. It said another 1.5 # gone in 2 days. It's been raining so much that I haven't been able to go and walk, but have been doing more around the house to try and make up for it. Guess it's working. But I'm not going to post loss til WI next Tuesday.

Will try my hardest to get back on here today, but have to get moving again. Already been at it this morning and just took a snack break......dishes are calling......
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:32 PM   #11  

It's me again! LOL!

Penny thanks so much for challenging with me! It was great fun and I got alot done! Don't worry Jill, I saved plenty of housework for our challenge at 3! lol. Maybe we can do some of the olympics together? I have saved them all too and haven't done any.

Deana, I hope he finds a job fast! I'm sure he'll love that paycheck each week. And congrats on the loss! You are doing so great!

Jill, you too! Congrats on the loss! That's fantastic! I don't know why real estate is so cheap here, it just is I guess. But it was down in oklahoma too when we lived there. You get your money's worth here. All the big old victorian homes on main street here are all either 80-100 grand and they are HUGE and so beautiful! I would love to have one someday.

Well, I'm writing out my grocery list so I better go! TTYL!
Old 08-26-2004, 12:39 PM   #12  

It's me again! LOL!

Penny thanks so much for challenging with me! It was great fun and I got alot done! Don't worry Jill, I saved plenty of housework for our challenge at 3! lol. Maybe we can do some of the olympics together? I have saved them all too and haven't done any.

Deana, I hope he finds a job fast! I'm sure he'll love that paycheck each week. And congrats on the loss! You are doing so great!

Jill, you too! Congrats on the loss! That's fantastic! I don't know why real estate is so cheap here, it just is I guess. But it was down in oklahoma too when we lived there. You get your money's worth here. All the big old victorian homes on main street here are all either 80-100 grand and they are HUGE and so beautiful! I would love to have one someday.

Well, I'm writing out my grocery list so I better go! TTYL!
Old 08-26-2004, 12:40 PM   #13  

sorry about the doube post.. have no idea how that happened
Old 08-26-2004, 12:56 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Spryng,
Thanks for cleaning with me! What is the oymplic stuff? Is that another cleaning thingy? I haven't been to the flylady site lately. Guess I need to head over there.

I didn't get my exercise in this am so I am gonna do it now. I am just doing the 1mile watp's everyday for 5 days a week. It is only 15 minutes so I can do it fast and still accomplish something

Deana,
Congrats on the loss again! You are doing awesome! Let us know about your son!

Jill,
I get back about 3:10 from picking up Hunter so I might jump in this afternoon for the other challenge. I still need to mop and just vacuum the bedrooms

TTYL
Old 08-26-2004, 01:07 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Hi gals, dh will be home in an hour or so.
Spryng, I understand all that. Dh and I are both part owners in his family's electrical business. I helped run it until I had too many kids. It is hard, but we both disagree with HOW they run it. But his family is still thinking about moving too. His grandparents are ready to retire, so I'm hoping they would like to be silent partners. And I figured with the kids that I could work part of the time and dh the other part.
One business is selling because they have two businesses and can't run both. The other is selling because they are moving. One is on the beach in Florida, great location. They give their gross and net incomes for the business and all that. I've emailed them to get more info. Of course, I'm ready to move even with no ideas in mind. Florida seems to be a huge state with lots and lots of opportunities. Dh said his allergies NEVER once acted up in Florida and that makes it all the more sweeter, I don't have a problem with that but dh and Andrew do. We, meaning me and his family are still considering the idea of moving. I'm just waiting for dh to get home and we'll talk about it hopefully.

Deana, I live within 5 minutes of where I grew up and this place is nice, but it's boring. It holds no opportunities for us and our kids. I want to go where our kids can have experiences and things to enjoy. We're no where near the lake or beach, it doesn't hardly snow here, it's just so boring. I'd love to go where they can experience life with things around them and where allergies aren't a problem and where opportunities are all around.

Well, girls. I've been on the computer since I stopped cleaning and I'm kind of tired of it. Gonna get off for now.