Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default WhatAWednesday!

Good morning, ladies! I was going to start over yesterday, but decided to have Chinese for dinner and officially start today. Has anyone been to their meeting yet and received the new info? I went last night and here's a quick run-down of how it works:

OK, there are now two plans: the FlexPlan from last year and something called the Core Plan. FlexPlan works the same as before. The Core Plan has a list of foods (healthy grains, lean meats and dairy, fruits and vegetables, etc.) that you eat enough of to feel satisfied. If you eat something that is not on your list of Core Foods, then you count the points for that (you're allowed 35 a week). The journal is new and improved (much better than last year's, I think) and you can track your waters, fruits/veggies, dairy, and oils and activity on the same day as you're journaling on. They encourage you to get 28 activity points a week.

I better get some work done. I'll stop in to post again later.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hey Jess!! I was out with a sinus infection yesterday - my third sick day this year. I hate that. Anyway, I feel much improved today (but sinuses burning). Congrats on your new puppy! What's its name?? Him or her?? I love my dog...she'll be going soon as she is 12 years old, but I don't think about it. Might get a few years out of her yet!

Lori - cool about your personalized plan! 25/week is pretty good - nice to have a pt in your fam, eh? Happy 1st to Sarah!!

Kier - where are your pics? I'll be married before you post yours. Don't worry about your domestic life - you'll not feel that way once you're working and anyway, it IS exciting - you've been there done that. Don't forget it!

Ali - are you sticking to points or going to try the new core plan? I might try the core for a week or 2 and see how it goes...

I am going to WI at lunch today - I give up trying to go with my mom as she either ditches me or I work late or am out of town. Lunch hours are WAY better for me!

Come out and PLAY!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:54 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Yup, got my info on the core program yesterday. It looks good, but doesn't look like one I would stick with well, so I'll stick with flex for now unless my darn plateau/gain doesn't break. My clothes are fitting better/getting looser though... Just annoying though, this has happened before, the best thing for me to do is relax and keep exercising and eating well...

Jess: That's my aim, an hour of activity which I think translates into about 4points a day or so.

Belle: yeah it's best to do meetings that work for you! as I said, I am not against the core plan but couldn't see myself sticking with it. Maybe to mix it up a bit or something.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

OK Back from WI - and let me just say...I am SHOCKED at how much push-back people gave the Core Plan. I mean, in theory it does make sense. And they say that if you don't know when to stop and are worried about not keeping track of everything you put in your mouth, you should def use flex points. But these people were MEAN. There were 2 ladies mouthing off beside me...they just kept yapping and weren't even listening. I moved over a seat but they didnt' get the hint! Our leader wasnt' clear on teh whole starchy foods list. I think the thing is you can have pasta/rice/potatoes ONCE a day, AND you can have cereal/hot/cold ONCE a day, and the others on the list at will. I am pretty sure that is the idea. But she said NO you only get 2 startches each day period. I am going to phone the toll free # to clarify. I thought the plan was logical (cut out refined sugar and bad fats) but interesting in that you have more structure of WHAT you can eat, but not more around HOW MUCH. I do think I'll try it for one or 2 weeks to shake it up a bit and see how it goes! I think I'll give it a fair shake. BUT I will write everything down anyway, aside from the 35 flexpoints you get per week.

Anyone else trying the Core Plan?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Belle: I wonder if they should have a plan where they mix the two. I know people on WW who eat tons of junk food, I used to even eat stuff which I now realized isn't great for weight loss. I might try the plan to mix things up a bit though. I realize though I pretty much have already cut out the bad fats and most of the sugar in my eating anyway. About the people in your meeting: The fact is both plans are there and we can pick one, alternate or what not, everyone does what is best for themselves. Most people in my meeting were hesitant (most are near goal after fairly large losses), but not mean. I guess what I should do is just look at the core plan and incorporate a bit of it into my normal eating. I am just worried about making the new plan too much into a "diet" rather than a lifestyle and the lack of control on portions. Also remember a lot of people are resistant to change at first. I remember the hoopla when they changed the points ranges and started counting carrots, the fibre cap... those were minor changes too. Good for you for trying it!

Cheers!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 08-26-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:08 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Yeah, I was totally thinking the same thing as you. I like to journal, it keeps me on track. Who says you can't eat the core foods up to your target and keep the 35 flexpoints counted as well? I think incorporating the 2 is a good idea. But, you are at goal pretty much I have lots to lose. So it's a bit different that way I think. I would agree if you've been donig it and are close or at goal why would you change unless you can gain a health benefit (ie: if you are borderline diabetic).

Also, good point about change...although they still have the option to use the flexpoints completely, people were a bit scared it seemed. They were pretty mean to the leader and one woman acutally said she didn't think the leader knew what she was talking about. I am sure she could hear.

I'll keep you (and the others) posted on how the core plan works out for me. I am conveniently grocery shopping tonight so I can stock up on core foods.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

BTW I am now officially UP 5LBS since starting the BBC. GREAT, way to go, I know. But what matters is that I am re-commited for the umpteeth time and I am not discouraged. So, I will reluctantly change my sig.
Closed Thread