Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 8/25

Well, halfway through the week. WOOHOO!!! Unfortunately my weekend is busy. ARGH!!! Luckily I don't have a thing to do on Sunday so I can relax (I hope). Something'll pop up. Friday I'll be running all over the place looking for party supplies for the oldest DD's party. She wants a Bratz theme. And of course our cheap-o stores around here don't have anything. So it'll be off to the next town. That's ok, I'll check at the pet stores to see if the kitten food is cheaper there than here. Plus maybe get a new thing to suck out the fish water so I can change that. EWW Gross!! It's going to be a hot one today. Never cooled off last night so our house is warm. ICK! Ok, Off and running again! You all have a GREAT day!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #2  

Good Morning Brenda: Hope that you have fun shopping. Sounds like you have a very busy weekend! Have a great day!

Well, it's finally Wednesday. One more day of work for me and I am finally off tomorrow. I so look forward to those days off now. I have been feeling so much better lately. Those vitamins must have been what was making me sick. Now I can eat anything and enjoy it! Just have to really watch what I eat because I don't want to gain a lot of weight. That'll just make it harder after the baby is born at getting it back off again! The baby is starting to move around some and it's a feeling that I just can't describe. Someone at work asked me yesterday why I was grinning and I told them the baby was moving around. Just makes my day! Oh well, it's off to find something for breakfast, and then to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:21 AM   #3  

Grrrrrrrrrrr.....car battery was dead this morning My fault....I moved the car for DH last night and I must have left the aux on. He had to get up and give the car a jump start. Now because of the anti theft radio and all I have to dig the code out of my paperwork and reset that! Grrrrrr

Other than that....everything is OP. Decided I am going back to cutting my wine with water or seltzer. Don't need the extra calories or carbs....and maybe it will help with the sleeping issue.
Had burger last night with a small salad....very tastey. Funny how I was so bad a week or so ago and now I just seemed to slip right back into being good. That is what I love about this WOE.

Brenda: Boy you sound busy! We are having gorgeous weather this week...70's and sunny and breazy...perfect. September around NE is the best. I can't wait.

Lisa: Ok, now you made ME smile I'm so glad you are feeling better. Are you and DH going to take off for the cottage?

Well seeing as I was 45 minutes late for work I better get looking busy
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:00 AM   #4  
Head Princess

Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Brenda - I like the Bratz. I want to look like Chloe - and the lip plumper I bought helps with that! Happy shopping!

Mrs H - Moving already! The time is going so fast!

Jane - Sorry about the battery. Good job at being OP!

Well, it's cold and rainy here. Ok, it's somewhere in the 60's, but it feels freezing to me. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever adjust to this level of 'insulation'. I never thought I'd be wearing a turtle neck in August!

Spent several hours helping unpack yesterday afternoon. Blech! Apparently these people have never run into the concept of throwing things away. They're even insisting on keeping a broken vaccuum even though they have one that works perfectly fine. I don't get it.

Well, Puppy leaves today for training for 2 weeks and then off to the sandbox. I spent 2 1/2 hours online IM'ing him last night. It was good to be able to talk to him. I'm already missing the **** out of him, but hopefully the time will go quickly and he'll get home safe and in one piece.

Other than that, it's nothing but training my replacement. It's a little weird, but thankfully she's smart and picking up on this stuff. And I learned some things yesterday that are making me pretty glad that I didn't get hired into this group after all. Strange how things work out Now I'm looking forward to a little unemployment. Helping those people move has made me want to go scrub every inch of my house, dig out closets, and completely re-organize.

Have a good day!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Hello ladies I hope your day is going well.Yesterday was the first time i took my mountain bike off tar and road some trails.I did a 10 mile trail and was shocked when i finished it.But today when i woke up I think every single muscle in my body is killing lol.
herb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone

Hairy day today at work. Can't chat or read up on you all

Have a wonderful day.

Love yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: You sure are busy. Have fun with your DD's birthday party this weekend!

Jane: Way to go! Being OP is such a great feeling -- I don't know why I don't do it more often...

Lisa: I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Star: Stay warm! Brrr! The 60s are cold -- I don't blame you for pulling out the turtleneck. By the way, what lip plumpler did you buy? I've been really curious about them -- I just haven't tried one yet.

Herb: Wow! A 10-mile trail?! That's great! Hope your sore muscles get to feeling better soon.

Well, here I am at Day 3 of being completely OP. It feels fabulous! I've got to stick to this. It was really scary how much I was sneaking bites of things before or just eating way too much of OP foods. I've gone back to the mentality that "one bite WILL kill me!"

DH will be working doubles today and tomorrow, so I think I'll be doing some cleaning and organizing of my own -- at least that's the plan. I don't feel like I've completely moved in yet, and I moved in at the end of June!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Sneaky Leenie: Hiya! Hope your hairy day goes well!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:09 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning chickies!!!!

Lisa: you almost made me cry, I was not a total fan of being preg. but I love that feeling of that little life moving around in there, I miss it. When i see a preg lady and can see the baby moving I just usually burst into tears. That is such a special time cherish it!

B- Have fun shopping, sounds like a busy time!

Jane - great job sliding back to OP!! Sorry about the battery thing that is a bummer!

SP: I hate to move or help people move you are a saint!

Herb: the bike ride sounds GREAT! The muscle aches are a good ache I hope!!

HI Leenie!!!!

Well I am off to work at the vet today, so I go in at 9:00 instead of 7:30 that is nice!! I am still cleaning out all the closets and stuff getting ready for garage sale and just recovering from my past 2 busy weeks. I am tired!! I went to the dentist and I have to go to the endontist cause I cracked a tooth on an almond and need to see if I need a root canal or not, yuck!! Still OP and loving it!

Happy LC day!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:37 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Herb - WTG! Wish you lived closer, you could have taken me with you. I could go for some sore-ness right about now.

Leenie - Happy hairy!!!

Jina - The stuff I bought is called Lip Venom. It at Nordstroms and Sax 5th Avenue (I hate both those stores!) for $15 for a little tube of it. It's oddly addicting - makes your lips kindof burn. If you don't like cinnamon, I don't recommend it.

TG - When it's not hideously disgusting, I actually like moving. I love the organization of it all when it's done right. Of couse, I'm a freak about the whole process. I'll go through everything weeks in advance and get everything organized, cleaned, and everything else thrown out. That way, when it's time to pack, it's done in a matter of hours and there's no cleaning to do because it was done ahead of time.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Glad you're feeling better! Oh you ARE bringing back the memories today!! I remember when I was like 8-9 months pregnant...and thinking of the movie "alien" The girls were my little aliens trying to come out

Jane: Dead batteries suck. There should be a warning when the batteries are getting low on juice! Why can't someone create THAT? Congrats on staying OP!!!

Star: I've got to admit I don't know one Bratz from another! Are the lip plumpers the things that are "the next best thing to botox"? I could use a "little" more fullness to my lips (my sisters call them bird lips ). I don't like to organise--or move Which is why we haven't sold our house (despite DH wanting to move to the country). I'm not itching to do that anytime soon. Even though I don't think we've got as much stuff as we used to (thanks to the basement flooding and wrecking a lot of it ). We've still got more (thanks to the girls) than we need.

Herb: Congrats on the biking! You've got more guts and ambition than I do!

Leenie: And hope things slow down for you at work!

Jina: Congrats on the 3rd day of staying OP!! I know you can keep it up I have to admit...I just FINALLY went through boxes in the basement that we had put there when we moved into this house......12 years ago So take your time to make sure you know exactly where you want it. lol

TG: Sorry to hear about the tooth. Why couldn't the dentist just fix it? My dentist does root canals and all that. Just curious. Congrats on staying OP!!!!

Well, we're hitting high temps again. It's back to sweating. The stupid witch at work turned the a/c on...but just the fan (not the air conditioning part)! Idget! OMG you'll never guess what I did!!! Jeez I'm disgusted with myself--yet kind of proud. Took the DD's to my FAVORITE coffee place--but seeing how I don't like coffee I ADORE their hot chocolate. Well, got them a hot chocolate...then ordered one for me too!! Jeez. I had a couple sips of it (cuz it was hot) and didn't think until I got home---THIS ISN'T LC!!! So I split it up and gave it to the girls. So I caught myself before drinking more than like a 1/4 of it. but still! Jeez!!! Today had to go to the bank--was supposed to sign off on the Brownie GS checkbook. The lady taking over never showed. Tomorrow have to run to take oldest DD to the orthodentist...and then Friday is the running around shopping for the party. WHEN is my life going to settle down again so I can sit and relax? lol.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:51 PM   #12  

Star: I loved it when I was unemployed! DH didn't as much as me Sometimes you just need to sit back and veg for a while. Have you heard anything from the interview you had?

Herb: Good for you on the bike!!!! I am getting a bike soon and hope to follow in your footsteps.....or tire treads as the case may be

Leenie: Sorry work is so hectic.

Jina: staying OP. Looks like you and I are finally on track again. As for unpacking We had what is now my sewing room stacked with storage tubs etc. for AGES after we moved in. We just kept going down and one by one unpacking it if we wanted it or tossing it if we didn't. Takes time.....

Theo'sgirl: I'm hoping NO on the root canal. I hate those things.

Brenda: to you for putting down the hot chocolate! Your life does seem awful busy lately.....maybe when the girls get back to school???? Are they both in school full time yet?

Well, I booked myself a massage for tonight! I went with the deep tissue massage instead of the swedish massage. I figure with my stiff neck and all I had better get the tougher one. They say this guy (his name is Aubrey by the way ) is very good. His is deep tissue but doesn't hurt like some of them. They say it is still very relaxing. That is exactly what I need!!!!!
Had my nails done at lunch too so this is turning out to be a high maintenance day!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote