Support Groups - SAHM's #225 Wednesday

View Full Version : SAHM's #225 Wednesday

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 08:38 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

I couldn't come up with a good QOTD so whoever posts next...you do it.
Thanks.

Good Morning Ladies.
I'm back on my schedule. I have been sleeping in until the kids get up with dh gone and it hasn't been that bad, but I so much enjoy more getting up early.

Spryng, yes dh found work, but we can't do it without a Florida license. In order to get that, we have to apply, then wait until the test is scheduled, which I read that it was scheduled for November, then take it and wait over a month for the results. See we, as a company I'm part owner, have laid off employees that are ready NOW to go and work. We felt that in this situation with Florida's hurricane mess, they could make some sort of Temporary law about reciprocating license, but they won't. Your dinner sounded good.

Michelle, Y'all will be among the first to know when I find out. I really feel it's a girl. And it really isn't a big deal to not know, my sister is expecting her 8th and has never ever had a sonogram to find out.

Geri, I think they could have found out, but I have to drive almost an hour for this doc and they wanted me to make a special appt. for the sono anytime now, and I would rather wait until my next appt. and do it all at once.

Jill, I hope you're feeling better today. Let us know.

Hello to Mel, Penny, Cindi, Jill, Jaymi and everyone else.

I'm staying home today and getting the house in tip top shape for dh to come home tomorrow. I'll check in later.

Jaymi_Dol_78
08-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Hello chicks! I have to get into a new schedule because my son has started school now and unfortunately I still haven’t figured it out yet. It would involve waking up extra early and going to sleep extra early. But with this PMS…. It’s sooo not happening! I really don‘t feel like complaining today! This is life… so deal with it.. Right! Ha, ha I haven’t exercised.. . Do I deserve to just lay down and give in to the PMS? I'm craving a little sugar... but not any chocolate for goodness sake! Just some candy. I haven't been over eating! Spryng- you can send me a copy of that list… or anything else that has to do with WW if you feel up to it! I need a change to help me get back on track! I think I may have just gotten bored with doing the same exact thing over and over for 5 months. Counting calories can be too hard sometimes. Like in the meal I cooked the other night. I have NO idea what they are… so I have no idea what I’m taking in.If my headache lingers off, I probably will do some exercising. Saturday is creeping up on me! Anyways I need to get going now. I have no idea what's going on now.. my mind has drew blank! Have a great day chicks... Leigh, sorry to hear about your accident, but I‘m so glad everything is ok! Yes I would have to say in the couple of states I‘ve been in.. Tx probably had the most “down to earth“ people. So nice is a good word! Of course nobody has perfect people in them… I wish! Although that might be very close to a horror movie! Like Cocoon or something.. Or the next Stephen King.. Ok, I‘m rambling now and my brain just went blank… again… I better go do some laundry before I lay down again! I hope everyone is having a great day today! I will try to come back later on and comment!

Ok, I’m hoping that no one has done this one.. Since sometimes I get so behind… but hopefully not.

Question of the Day~ If you could have plastic surgery for free, would you? And if so, what would you have done?

mompen
08-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Hey Ladies,

Crystal,
I am so sorry dh didn't get any work :( That is horrible. I guess things happen for a reason ....... Hang in there :)

Jaymi,
Sorry Tom is bothering you too! He is here with me also....... two timer...... :lol: We did have that qotd last week :)

Ok Ladies...... I hate to run but I gotta get the kids ready to bring Hunter to school!

Have a great day :) I'll check in later :)

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Jaymi, that question has been done, but that's okay. We can answer again.
I wouldn't have plastic surgery. I don't agree with having it done.

Penny, I just found out that not even Louisiana will accept a Texas license which is surprising. You're right everything happens for a reason. But I so totally want to move, anywhere, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Jaymi_Dol_78
08-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Ok. sorry! Ha, ha :lol: I told you I couldn't remember! I know that I hadnt answered that question. Well how about this one:

If you could trade places with anyone (famous or not) for one day, who would it be?

My answer: Jada Pinkett... so that I can sleep with Will Smith!! :rofl: :lol3: :lol:

melmcc99
08-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Good Morning all. I know I didn't post yesterday, but I was sooooo tired. I did read through posts. Leigh's story stuck out of course, so I will respond to that and move on to today...Sorry ladies. I hope you don't mind.

Leigh, OMG, I can't believe that happened to you! How is everyone now? I bet you were shook up for some time. I know what you mean about the "what could have's" I'm so glad no one was physically hurt. Someone hit my car when Abigail was only 10 days old. They hit me from behind. I was a nut when I got out of my car....do you know that the woman had the nerve to say "I thought you made a comittment to go"......YOU THOUGHT YOU THOUGHT. I couldn't believe she said that. You don't assume anything, you wait till someone goes then you go. Big dope! Thankfully we were ok too. Do you think your car is totaled? Let us know how you are.

Jill, hope you are feeling better

Anyway, Penny and I are going to try to do an exercise challenge at 11 EST if you're interested see us on Yahoo IM.

QOTD, I wouldn't really trade places with anyone. I love my life! I just want to be thinner...Ha ha, maybe I could just trade bodies with someone and keep my face and insides. lol. invasion of the body snatchers..

MichelleRae
08-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

QOTD I'm not sure that I would trade places with anyone either but man I would love to have a body like some of the stars lol.

Nothing planned today really except I have to work at 1pm til 8pm I 'm so worn out from working so much I can't wait to get a break! I got the cutest ralph lauren polo canvas shoes from costco they are white and blue so adorable. I also got a 115 dollar memory foam mattress pad and man does that feel awesome!! Tomorrow I'm getting the windows on my car tinted with mirror tint woo hoo. I know I know not that exciting really lol. Its been crappy weather here for the past few days oh well I guess I don't particularly care since I'm working lol. So I Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!!

Michelle

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Okay next QOTD: I don't know that I would trade places either. I would love to live as an actress just to see how easy life is, but not really trade places with someone.

I do have a question for everyone. It's for myself really. So many of you live in all places of the world and have moved to several areas in your lifetime.
WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO LIVE, CITY AND OR STATE AND WHY? OR IF YOU HAVEN'T EVER LIVED ANY WHERE ELSE, WHERE WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE AND WHY?

I'll discuss my reason for this question later when I have more time. And I don't have an answer, that's why I'm asking the question.
TTYL

mompen
08-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey Ladies :)

Jaymi,
Like the other girls..... I wouldn't want to change lives with anyone but their bodies is another thing.......lol I would like my stomach not to look like a saggy ole road map..... :lol:
Hope you have a good day :)

Mel,
I am so sorry Patrick is still not sleeping..... :( Have you tried giving him some motrin or tylenol when he goes to sleep? maybe his mouth is bothering him at night ? I am definetely not one to drug my child but it might help him :)

Michelle,
I didn't ever here your weigh in on Sunday. How did you do? Hope you have a great day at work.... How about the preggo virgin??? :lol: The window tint sounds exciting !!!! I used to have mine done in all my vehicles :) The suburban has them pretty dark already though. Glad you got a new mattress pad thingy! I need one sooo bad too!
Have you heard from your mil???

TTYL :) PENNY :)

mompen
08-25-2004, 10:54 AM
I have always lived in Louisiana my whole life. We do have a hunting camp set up in Mississippi though. I like where I live and don't think I would ever like to move.

My bil and sil move every two years in the Air Force... Turkey, Hawaii, Germany, etc. That is for them...... not for me :)

MichelleRae
08-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Oh penny I was up 1.5 lbs on sunday but TOM is here now so hopefully my cravings will subside ugghhh I feel like such a failure :( Well onward and upward I suppose. Those memory foam pads are soooo freakin awesome!! I love it!
How are the boys?

Michelle

MichelleRae
08-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Ummm ok lets see, I loved living in Boston when I was single and younger but I love Montana and I really don't want to move my family anywhere else I feel safe here.

mompen
08-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Michelle!

Don't feel bad! I know how hard TOM is on us!

I actually gained 3 pounds myself :( As you can see I am up to 170 :(

But We can do this! YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! Nobody here is! Coming here and trying is half the battle!

We are gonna go down down down from here on out!!!!!

I am movitated once again...... can you tell? :lol:

MichelleRae
08-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Yayyyyy Penny!!! I love you girl!! Well my bowflex is due to arrive next tuesday I'm so stoked!! so I'm planning on rowing 5 days a week 20-30 minutes a day and then doing weights 3-4 days a week 30 minutes a day.

spryng
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Good morning all!

I actually got in bed at a decent hour last night so I feel really good this morning. Now I hope I can just get myself together and get some housework done. Dinner tonight will be potato crusted fish (all free pts on the Core Plan!) I'm having mixed feelings about this new plan. I really like the concept behind it and being able to eat more without worrying, but I'm not sure how to create recipes from the list or how to interpret existing recipes. But I'm learning, this is only day two! I got hungry before bed last night and had some more cantelope which was wonderful because it was all free foods. And it hit the spot. TOM still hasn't arrived for me yet, I guess it will be late again this month like last month. O-well... I just wish the pms symptoms would go away. I'm not moody just swollen and tired.

Michelle, I have loved the sims since they came out. I just stopped playing once my computer got too slow to handle each expansion pack. But I'm not sure about getting a burned copy... I thought most of those games came with blocks on them that make it impossible to burn? And what about the serial number you have to have to install it? I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love a burned copy if they work just fine! The ones I don't have are House Party (never bought it and now I can't find it to buy it) Making Magic and Superstar (and the online one but I don't know much about it) and what is this Sims 2 I keep seeing everywhere? Is it another expansion pack or a whole new game?? So yes, I would love for you to copy them for me if it's possible and I can pay for shipping and what not if you like. Just let me know! :) Thank you so much for offering!

Deana, I hope your oldest finds a job soon. Is is hard for a 15 yo to get a job there? Most places won't hire you here unless you are 16 or over.

Geri, I promise to get some exercise in today!! Check up on me though after nap time to make sure I did it, ok? OK, I think I missed why you are working again. When did that start? How long will you being doing it and what project are you working on?

Mel, what are you up to today?

QOTD-- almost forgot. Hmm... trade places with someone... I would love to trade places with my former self for one day (my pre-kids, maybe even pre-married self) just for one day or one hour and remember what it felt like to only have to look out for me and take care of me (not to mention be thin again) but then I'm sure after that hour or day I'd want to be mommy and wife again! LOL. I love my life.

Penny, what are you going to be doing today?

Jaymi, I hope today is a much better one for you. Has TOM hit yet? Hopefully he will come and go so you can feel normal again.

So Crystal, how have you been enjoying having the house to yourself since dh is gone? Has it been hard or been fine? It went by fast huh?

Well, I need to get off here and start on this house. Anyone want to do a flylady challenge today?? Let me know, I'll have my yahoo messenger on. TTYL!

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Spryng, yes it has gone by fast to me. I haven't minded being by myself. In fact, I would probably have a stronger marriage if dh worked out of town, but he can't handle it. I am ready for him to be back. I think we'll be all lovey dovey for the weekend since we haven't seen each other. But that will end I'm sure.

Michelle, I've always wanted to move to Montana. For some reason, but then again it's a little too close to OREGAN!!! Don't want to be that close.

I have a few minutes to discuss my question. I want to move. I am NOT a spontaneous person in any aspect of my life, but this one. I would pack our stuff and head out anywhere tomorrow. I would go without having a place to live or without having a job, I don't know if it's my faith or what. I've lived here in Poetry, Texas since I was 5 years old. I actually live about 5 minutes or less from where I grew up. There is nothing here. I've had no life experiences to speak of. I would want to move some where that my kids could experience things. Like near a beach or where there's lots of snow and ski resorts. Just something so they have that from their childhood. Dh isn't like me when it comes to this. I know we won't go anywhere, but I would so much love to do it. But I don't know where I would go. Dh has a dream of filming documentaries or biographies or movies or all kinds of stuff and I think moving close to, but not actually there, to California or New York just to be close enough for him to maybe have a chance to get his foot in the door. I would do this in a heartbeat but I'm sure we'll build and be here for ever. Oh well, I'll be happy with that.

Okay, gotta print off some worksheets for school. TTYL

Bayleysmom
08-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey girls I'm feeling better today. I was really sick yesterday and didn't do anything! It's hard when you have certain schedules and then you get sick and have to stop everything. Luckily my mom, sister and dh helped me out a lot so all I did was lay on the couch or in my bed all day. I think it helped me get better quicker. Anyway........

I don't have an answer for QOTD, I think I would just rather be myself but have the body I did when I was 17!! LOL

Spryng I love the Sims!! I wish my computer could handle them, actually I'm glad it won't cause I would get nothing done!! Kind of like now that I've joined 3fc! LOL Just kidding. Anyway I'm glad you are having fun with them, are you still getting your exercise in?

Crystal, Montana is not THAT close to Oregon. It's like 12+ hours away. I have lived here my whole life and have never even gone to Montana. I don't think you would have anything to worry about. Where in Oregon does your dh's dad live?

Mel sorry you were so tired yesterday. Did you get some sleep last night?

Penny, how is it having Hunter in school? Is he your only one in school so far? How is your church class? How many days a week is it? I feel like I haven't talked to you forever!!

Michelle spending money huh? Geez! I wish I had some extra dough to do some stuff with. I have to be patient though and know that when I am done with school I will be making money myself and we can afford to do the things we want to do. We need to get our cars' windows tinted too. We just got it in June and the baby gets sunburned if I don't have the little screen up, but I can't see through it so it's kind of dangerous. Anyway I have to work today too, 12-6. Kind of a bummer but we need the money so oh well! Hope you are having a good day too, we need to chat soon.

Geri, have fun at work!!

Ok need to get off this thing and get Bayley and myself some breakfast and try to clean a little before I go to work. TTYL!!

MichelleRae
08-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Spryng sims2 is a whole new game its going to be awesome I think!! you can go from birth to death its supposed to be pretty realisitic. I also have sims for the playstation and I'm pretty sure I can burn you a copy of house party, superstar, and makin magic and I'll send them to you with the serial numbers :D shhhh ;) Also you might want to check out Thesimsresource.com and oh there is another one but I can't think of it anyway, the users there make custom "skins" so they make the furniture look better etc...you can also download new heads for your sims I have a britney spears sim lol
Oh yeah and the sims online you have to pay 10 bucks a month to play but you get to interact with hundreds of other people playing their sims in the game as well. I had a blast when I played.

Jill yeah I've been crankin out the dough like crazy lol and then xmas is right around the corner as well!! How you doin girl?

Crystal did you guys get the go ahead to start building?

Michelle

Chubba
08-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Good morning (almost afternoon) :)

Jill, glad you're feeling better today. How's the weather in OregAn? :rofl: (Sorry, couldn't resist!!)

Michelle...don't encourage Spryng with the sims...she needs to get her exercise in. :lol: JK of course!! Glad you liked the card..it had me rolling in the aisle!

Spryng..I'll check in with you later :D :coach: Hope you get some cleaning done. I did vac this morning...my bathroom was all hair. My hair is so thick and is always all over the place. That's one reason I keep it short...takes less haircolor to keep it not grey :lol: .

Penny, you sound so very motivated again. You can do this!

QOTD... #1 I love WI because of the season changes, BUT would move to FL if I could bring all my friends with me :lol: (my family could stay here..lol). I love the fact that the sun shines so much...not too worried about hurricanes, because we get tornado's here. You just never know. #2 I too would love to go back to my single self...just for 1 day... just as a reminder of how lucky I have become in the last 5 years :D ! The stress of daily life can dampen that thought sometimes!

My job is to type up a listing of what is in each of the hundred or so storage boxes at my gf office. Nothing too taxing but it never takes that long for 6 hours to pass by here :lol: . Don't know how long it will take me to finish. After that I will look for a permanent part time job. Hopefully I won't find anything good until after the holidays :lol: .

OK, that's about it for me today. Did my 3 mile walk this morning. It's going to rain here today again too so we'll probably hang down here this afternoon. Made some homemade salsa and then a smoothie for me and the kids with mixed berry yogurt, a little milk, some frozen strawberries and blueberries. I have to remember to do that at night when I'm craving some ice cream! It was sooooo good and refreshing. The kids thought they were getting a big treat. Have a great day ladies. i'm sure I'll be back later!
Hi to everyone else out there!!

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Michelle, the bank needs a couple more forms, which I can get and then we can close possibly by next Friday. But with dh's company having these problems, I'm not sure what we're gonna do.

Jill, dh's dad lives in Milwakee, OR. That's all I know. He's a loser and my dh despises him. We never talk. He knows we had Andrew but he's never seen him and the girls he's only seen a time or two. He doesn't know we're expecting this one. How close are you to there?

TTYL

Bayleysmom
08-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Crystal we are about 4 hours away from Milwaukie, they are far north and I am southern Oregon (close to Cali). So, not too close at all.

Geri LOL! OregON, how many times to I have to tell you!!

Ok need to go, TTYL!!

MichelleRae
08-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Ok girlies here are some of our family photos from the other day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/michellerae/TEAGTAYSmall.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/michellerae/FAMILYPICTURESmall.jpg

Unfortunately the better pics are back at the photolab getting copies made stupid place decided to start watermarking their proofs so we can't scan them anymore so if you notice the wierd pic quality that it why I also cropped them to take out the photographers tag on the photos. But there they are and me in my chubby face lol ughhhhh

Geri when did you get a Job? Are you liking it? How are the boys? I miss ya girl!!

Jill what are you up to today?

Crystal cool can't wait to hear about your closing!!

Bayleysmom
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Michelle great pics!! They look great! We need to get ours done. I was waiting to lose some weight and until Bayley was old enough to purposely photogenic! LOL Anyway I want to get them done around her 1st b-day which will be in a few weeks! I can't believe it! I need to get the details worked out and the invitations done this week but being sick yesterday has thrown my whole week off. Anyway I am not doing much today till I go to work at 12. I think I will only work for a few hours and then come home so I don't over do it and relapse. I don't want to get sick again! I haven't eaten anything today cause I am afraid I will get sick again (plus I lost 2 pounds yesterday and am loving it!) I know I need to eat though so I guess I will get off this thing and get me something to eat. What are you doing today? TTYL

spryng
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Good afternoon all!

Well, I did get some cleaning done. So it's getting better around here, lol. I just have to re-pick up the living room and the house will look fine. I had oatmeal with splenda for breakfast (hit the spot!) I ate it at 11 am so it was kinda lunch too, I just had two hard boiled eggs for a snack and haven't used one pt yet! So thrilled about that! I won't use any at dinner either.

Jill, you should get pictures done now, not when you lose weight. Just because some day you'll look back and regret not having pics made! And you can also have them for before and after photos you know? Try to eat something light today and see how your stomach responds ok?

Michelle, you have a beautiful family!! Thanx for posting those pics! I did some research on the Sims 2 and you are right, it looks amazing! I'll definitely be buying that one when it's released, which I think is next month. I do have the sims on my gamecube but it isn't as fun because I love to download lots and lots of objects for the game and you can't do that with the gamecube. Oh and I bought a subscription to The Sims Resource yesterday and I've already downloaded over 1000 things! Yikes! Now I can't wait to furnish some new houses and all the cool clothes there is! LOL. And I would appreciate those copies if you don't mind. Let me know what I owe you ok? Dh is wanting bowflex, we just have no room, so let us know how you like it ok?

ok, better get off here before Geri comes and turns my computer off, lol. I'll be exercising, TTYL!

Geri, I will exercise as soon as I'm done with this post! I promise! LOL. That smoothie sounds great!

McMom
08-25-2004, 03:27 PM
May I join you??
I was a member of this BB quite a long time ago...I think its been over 3 years now. I was on the low carb back then, but have decided that isn't the way I'm going this time around.
My name is Stacey, I am a 36 year old mother of 3. My oldest is my dd who is 13 years then my ds who is 7 and my youngest ds is almost 11 months. I have exactly 6 years 4 months between them all, keeps me on my toes!! lol! We moved to Houston, TX about 3 years ago, before that we lived in Nova Scotia for 3 1/2 years and before that, California. We're hoping to stay put for a bit longer this time.
As for weight issues...I have many LOL!! I never had a weight problem when I was younger, so haven't ever really learned to deal with one. About a year before my 1st son was born I stopped working and began eating. The change to SAHM was a hard one for me and I became pretty depressed I think. I put on the first 50lbs in the first 3 years of being home. Now I'm up a good 70 (at least thats my goal to lose).
I am starting WW tomorrow. Dh has asked me to join with him (how could I say no??) so we're off for our first meeting tonight (unless he gets stuck at a meeting, then I'll go alone tomorrow morning).
I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and giving and receiving support that I know I'll need!!
Thanks for listening..
Stacey

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Welcome Epictetus, is that your name? How is it pronounced? Yes, please join us. I'm Crystal, a 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa is 5 almost 6 and I homeschool her in 1st grade. Ally is 3 years and Andrew is almost 21 months. I'm due Feb 1st. I'm 17 weeks along. I live in Texas. I'm in Terrell, about 45 miles East of Dallas.
So glad you joined again. Hope to learn more about you.

Girls, I found this site, www.findyourspot.com and took their quiz. It was fun. I answered the questions and it narrowed me down to the top 24 spots for me to live. It gave all kinds of info for each of those top spots. Believe it or not, Texas wasn't on there at all. In fact, Colorado was the most Southern state. I'm very easy to please and I was neutral on so many answers so it threw me from Maine, to Washington, to New York, to Alsaka, I mean all kinds of places. And the cheapest plase would be Hancock-Houghton, Michegan (sp?), but it gets an avg. of 110" of snow.
It was really interesting to see where it put me. Y'all should give it a try just for the fun of it.
I've got 4 places in New York, 5 in Montana, 2 in Washington, Alaska, Michegan, New Hampshire, and 1 in Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Maine, Minnesota, and South Dakota. Interesting huh?

TTYL

McMom
08-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Whoops..no that is actually a quote by an old Greek Philosopher. I need to change my sig! Didn't realize it would pick it up from 3 years ago!!

Chubba
08-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Welcome Stacey...

This is where to be!

I have to apologize to Crystal because I was laughing at your "pregnancy brain" re Stacey's signature....after reading her last post I realized that she changed it! Thought you were just being "pregnant" know what I mean? ;)

Spryng...did you exercise????? Hmmmm????

Michelle...just temping for a friend of mine. Only going to work 2 days a week til the project is done. Started yesterday. Your pics are beautiful...and so are you :). We do need to chat one of these nights!

Defrosted the big freezer this afternoon and found a whole chicken I had forgotten about and some ground round...so I'm making a pot of chicken soup and taco meat. Tacos will be my dinner on the 1 pt tortillas. The chicken soup is just heating up the kitchen and creating more humidity :). Oh well...it's a comfort food and Dh is a big soup eater. That was it for me today.

I'll be back on later to see how you're all doing.

Jill, are you having any kind of theme? We did Pooh for Will's 1st but I just bought solid color plates/napkins/streamers/balloons to match the cake. Poor Tony, for his 1st he got to share Will's 3rd (they're only 16 days apart) so he got Buzz Lightyear...but he didn't mind :). Have fun with the planning! When is it again?

Have a good evening and I'll try to check back later.

Bayleysmom
08-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Geri I had to laugh too about Crystals pregnacy brain! LOL Sorry Crystal, it was just too funny! Anyway I'm doing ladybugs for Bayleys theme. Her room is decorated in ladybugs and I thought it would be cool to finish off her first year in ladybugs. I will just do solid color plates and such but not sure what else to do yet. I need to get on it!!

Welcome Stacey! It's great to have you! Glad you are back, there are some great women in here so I know you will enjoy it!

Spryng I still haven't eaten anything today but I just opened a light n fit smoothie and it's going down ok so I think I'll make it LOL! I'm making some Italian chicken thing in my crockpot right now and it smells good! We'll be doing pictures really soon I think so don't worry! I'm glad I did wait though cause I have slimmed down a lot since she was born, almost down to what I was when I got pregnant, can't say I was slim then either though!! Hope you are having a good day.

Well my sister is coming over so I need to pick up a few things before she gets here. TTYL!!

CheriBrorsen
08-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm here, kinda...things have been crazy, family all weekend then Donald's off days and now school starts on Monday and I'm busy getting prepped for that. I did weigh in on Monday and I hover between 8-10 lbs so I took all that off my signature and will repost with my next Monday weigh in. I'm going to take time to catch up and read through the post I've missed. I hope you all are doing well Michelle..those pictures are AWESOME, you have a beautiful family.

More soon~

spryng
08-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Good evening all!

Well dinner turned out good. The shredded potatoes on the fish smelled so good so I had to make some extra just as hash browns, lol... the kids ate it up and so did I. I also made cuscous to go with dinner too, 2 pts for a 1/2 cup, if I had whole wheat cuscous it would have been free... but I didn't have any. Oh and green beans too. It was a filling dinner.
I did get my exericse in during nap time so Im good to go on that, lol. You can relax now Geri! LOL.

Cheri, when you said you hover between 8-10 lbs, does that mean a gain or loss? Hope things settle down there for you soon!

Jill, I love lady bugs! How cute! Hope you have a great dinner and no more sickness.

Geri, tacos sound really good! I'm not much of a soup eater though, dh loves chicken noodle soup though. I've never made it. I need to figure out a meal plan for next week sometime tonight or tomorrow that fits with this new Core Plan... does your dr.phil book have recipes?? The plans are very similar I think.

McMom, what is your name? Welcome!! I am Spryng, pronounced spring, mother of 3 (4,3,1) I've been part of this thread for almost 3 years now so you must have left right before I joined! I too am on ww! It'll be a year next month. I hit my goal weight back in april and have been struggling to get to my personal goal weight since then. WW just created a new plan so I'm sure you'll find one that works for you! They have Flexpoints and The Core Plan now, (the core being the new one) I really like it so far, today is only day two for the core plan for me though, but I do like it. Flexpoints got me to my goal weight so of course I love it too, lol.

Crystal, so is your dh wanting to move also? What about building the new house? I think I would love to move to PA... very beautiful state! Or maybe virginia or one of the carolinas. But for now I'm stuck in crappy Kansas, lol. Don't move here, it sucks worse than Texas I'm sure. Missouri is nice though and Arkansas...

Well, guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone is having a nice evening!

Bayleysmom
08-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Spryng how come I never see you on Yahoo anymore? Where ya been? Oh I know, your playing that darn Sims game!!

CheriBrorsen
08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Spryng~

8-10 lbs loss. I had lost 10.5 lbs and in the last two weeks with TOM and then changing from low carb to more like WW I've stayed hovering between an 8-10 lbs loss. Some days it's 10 some days it's 8. I hope things settle down soon. I can imagine in about 15 years when I get the youngest graduated that will happen. :) Your supper sounds fabulous, glad you got your exercise in today.

melmcc99
08-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Hello everyone!

Well, it was a non-eventful day here...Thank goodness.

Welcome STACEY!! I am Melissa SAHM of 2 Abigail age 4 and Patrick "Bugga" age almost 2. You will love it here. Jump in anytime.

Jill, I'm glad you are feeling better!!!!! Wow Bayley is going to be 1 so soon. I bet you'll have fun planning the party!

Michelle, The pictures of your family are terrific. Darn on the copywriting. It's really not fair, we pay for the pictures, they don't belong to the photographer.

Cheri, 8-10 pounds in the last two weeks. AWESOME!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!! I hope it's catchy.

Spryng, what's this new plan you're on? sounds interesting. Dinner sounded neat except for the fish part. I don't eat any fish...I'm the big chicken eater.

Crystal, there are so many beautiful places to live. I hope you find one that suits your desires!!

Anyway, I'd better go put the little girl to bed. Have a good night all. See ya in the a.m.

mompen
08-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies :)

Michelle,
How beautiful your pics are!!! You do not look like you have a chubby face at all! You are nuts for thinking that! Sexy clothes ;) And the girls look just adorable and Vin looks very nice..... :lol:

Cheri,
Can't wait to hear about your weigh in!

Jill,
Sorry you haven't felt well.... You better be drinking more than just the smoothie! You need to get your strength back! I did the same thing about waiting to take pics and it has been like four years and we just got them done......lol

Spryng,
Sounds like the new plan is great! Congrats on a great day with the eating and exercise!!!!

Welcome Stacey! Hope you luv it here :)

Crystal,
That site sounds neat! Glad dh is coming home for you tomorrow!

Geri,
How are you doing on plan????

Mel,
Did you get your exercise in today??

Di,
How are you doing out there! Get here and talk to us!

Kristen,
Is she back yet?

Leigh,
Hope you are having fun now! How is Liam feeling?

Cindi,
How are the kids feeling?

Melinda,
How are you doing on plan?

Jaymi,
Did you stay on plan today?

Ricci,
Hope the kids are ready for school!

Ginny, Mindee, Lori, Angel and anyone I missed :( have a wonderful night!

I did awesome today and even got in my exercise! :cheer: WOOHOO!

watkinsguru
08-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Spryng, I'm not sure about building the new house. Of course dh wants to do it, but I'm thinking while we have NO mortgage or rent or anything, we should look at all kinds of options. No dh isn't like me when it comes to moving. I mean if it was for something, a specific job or dream but not for the heck of it. I did find a cool site that has small businesses for sale. All kinds and found some in Florida, little cafes which would be a dream for me. A vacation rental property management in Colorado. I inquired. Be interesting to see what they say.

Penny, I'm glad dh will be home. The kids drove me crazy tonight. Andrew is teething so not many naps and really cranky. Ally had no naps so really cranky, Andrew bit Alisa, first time, and she got cranky. I put them to bed at 830. Dh will be home sometime between the wee morning hours and lunch time.

Okay, I'm gonna get some juice and watch tv and relax. Hope everyone has a good evening.
TTYL

need2losemore
08-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Hello all,
Welcome, Stacey. My name is Ricci,pronounced Ricky. I know you will find the support you need here. These women are great.
Spryng, heres an idea. Don't play the Sims UNTIL you have worked out. Make it your reward. And no, having the sims walk around doesn't count as exercise. :lol:
Penny, my oldest son, Eric, started school last week. He loves it. I myself start school Monday evening. I am excited, and nervous. I also realized in the past couple of weeks that RJ is left handed. Any one have any ideas on teaching him to write?
Well, not much going on here. With Eric in school, I get up at 7, give the boys breakfast, and do laundry, dishes, vaccuum, and all that before he goes to school. After I take him, I come home and work out for an hour, and then do whatever RJ and I want for the rest of the day. It's suppossed to be hot tomorrow, so I doubt we will be doing anything outside.
Jill, glad your feeling better.
Hi to Geri, Michelle,Mel,Di,Cindi, Jaymi,Kristen, Crystal, and anyone I may have missed. There are alot of us now you know. ;)

spryng
08-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Good evening all!

Ricci, that is a great idea about the sims and saving it for after workouts. I did that today. You got a lefty huh? Lefties are suppose to be very artistic!! I have no idea how to teach him how to write but I'm sure there are boards online that you could find. How was Branson?

Crystal, that is why we didn't buy a house this year. We have a very low mortgage payment and I just didn't want to pay higher when we can keep this house, put more money in the bank and someday buy our dreamhouse.

Penny, you sound so motivated! What did it for you?? Keep up the great work!

Mel, I'm still on WW, they just released a new plan on the 22nd.. The Core plan. It's called the no counting plan. There is a list of foods you can have that are all free foods (lean meats, dairy, veggies and fruits, grains and starches, etc) and if you eat off the list then you get 35 pts per week to use as you wish on those kinds of foods. So far I like it alot!

Jill, yes I have to disable yahoo while I play sims and then I forget, lol. I'll be on it tomorrow. How are you tonight? So how did you do at school? Did you pass?

OK, I'm going to surf the net a little and then off to bed. TTYL!

Bayleysmom
08-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Well dinner was ok, I thought it was good but dh can't eat anything unless it is smothered in ketchup, ranch or some kind of sauce so my checken provincal was not a big hit. Oh well. Other than that it's been a boring night here. Just waiting for the baby to go to bed so I can relax a little.

Penny early to bed huh? I got your yahoo IM and you said you were going to bed and it was like 8 your time? You must be busy!! Hope you had a nice evening.

Crystal I hope you find somewhere you want to live and are able to get there. Does your dh want to move away? Do you think it is even a possibility? Where would be your ultimate place to live?

Ricci I am excited for you to start school. I bet you will love it! I start back on the 27th of Sept. I'm not all that excited but I know I am nearing the end so that makes it fun I guess.

Well I am going to try and find something productive to do, will probably end up sitting on the couch though :) LOL TTYL

Bayleysmom
08-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Spryng I missed your post!! I still have a paper to turn into the school by the 8th but it was a way easy class and I think I should get an A no problem so I am excited about that. You better be on tomorrow!! I want to do a flylady challenge. Anyone up for it? Ok well I need to go! Have fun surfing the web. I need ladybug b-day party ideas so if you run across any.............................................le t me know!!

Chubba
08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Hi all,

Spryng and Penny...WTG on the exercise.. woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!

Let's all do it again tomorrow, OK? I'll check back in tomorrow evening to see how you all (or y'all) did! LOL

Goodnight!

spryng
08-26-2004, 12:43 AM
OK, I'm off to bed now...

Jill, I'm all for a flylady challenge tomorrow! Pick a time (not between 1 pm and 3 if possible) and I'm there!

Geri, exercise tomorrow sounds great but I'm only doing 3x's a week for now, but maybe I'll do extra housework to get moving more tomorrow. TOM finally showed up tonight (2 days late) so I will feel normal soon!

Have a great evening all! See you in the morning!

Bayleysmom
08-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Hey Spryng (and everyone else who wants to join in) how about sometime in the afternoon, like maybe 3pm central? Does that work for anyone? Let me know. I will be at the gym till about 10am (my time) so I dont think we could get it in before your 1-3 window. Let me know what you think! TTYL

Bayleysmom
08-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Don't forget Mom Show at 11am pacific time!!

watkinsguru
08-26-2004, 08:26 AM
starting a new thread