Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - What time of day are you most vulnerable?

alaka
08-25-2004, 01:28 AM
What time of day are you most likely to "fall off the wagon" and how to you prevent it?

My trigger time is around 7pm - 11pm....still trying to figure out a good preventative measure! :)

Lyria
08-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Mine was around then too. I took to brushing my teeth lol. Nothing like minty freshness to stave off an attack of the munchies!

Livi

deleted
08-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Definitely after dinner every night............ the problem is that I could eat another one about nine o'clock! ;-)

IWantMyFairyTale2
08-25-2004, 10:17 AM
It depends on what day it is... Through the week my trigger time is around 8-9 pm while I'm watching tv. I want something to munch on. To keep myself under controlt I do several things: 1) I keep only low-fat/low-cal snacks in the house (easy for me to do because I'm single and my roomie is out of town for a few weeks) and 2) I try to "save" a few hundred calories for my evening snack. If I save for some fruit, crackers, or popcorn then I don't feel so deprived, and sometimes I don't even eat the snack which puts me a few hundred calories "ahead" for the day.

On the weekends it is about 3 hours after I eat a meal. It doesn't matter what I eat or what time I eat, about 3 hours later my thoughts turn to "grazing" and I haven't found a solution to this other than to tell myself "no". Depending on if I am actually hungry or just bored I might have a small snack, or just eat 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day. It just depends on my mood.

jellygirl
08-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Evenings are the worst!! I live in a dorm, so I can't keep too much fresh stuff around, and I can't cook anything--I'm limited to my microwave. At night I watch tv and I get bored and want to munch on all sorts of things.

JENNIFER LYNN
08-25-2004, 01:07 PM
My hardest times are between 6pm-11pm. I could eat all day! I'm trying to think of ways to keep from eating at least after 8 pm.

laura_on_a_bike
08-25-2004, 08:42 PM
my hardest time of the day is around 5 o clock. i work in a deli and i am ready for dinner at 5 but dont get off until six. cookies cakes, pasta and potato salad chips and cheese. i am surrounded. i bring a yogury and a grapefruit and eat as soon as i feel hungry. it works well.

a trick i have found for curing the late eveing attacks is to drink hot tea. i prefer mint because it has no caffiene and it makes your omouth feel fresh. i brush my teeth after dinner and then when i get a craving, i drink some tea. the ritual of making the tea helps me to get my mind of my cravings as well.