Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default Found a great website!

Hi all,

I am new to this site and to exercise and lifting in general. I always start everything by trying to get as much information as possible (particularly when I am not seeing the results that I hoped for ). I spent most of the weekend on this site reading and educating myself. Also, I came across another great site, which some of you may already have seen, but I thought that it gave very good information and disspelled a lot of the myths associated with lifting. For newbies like myself it is a MUST. www.stumptuous.com ooops, forgot to add that this site is mostly for women - sorry guys.

Enjoy
Regina

Last edited by reginag; 08-24-2004 at 01:38 PM.
reginag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

It is a very good site Regina I agree... She is so funny at times...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:40 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Welcome Regina!

Krista Scott Dixon's site is VERY popular around here - when you have a few moments to spare, check out some of our sticky threads - specifically the Basic BB Info thread. Some good stuff there
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:48 PM   #4  

I am laughing my booty off!! I checked the website and my pic is on there from 4 years ago! I truly do not even remember putting it up there!. It is definately my "text" so I am sure I sent it in. I am considerably more muscular now, I should send in a new one.
Go to 'Iron' then 'inspiration' then 'readers yak back' I am on the 2nd page towards the bottom in the purple posing suit.
"31 YO female....Christine" (I am 35 now)

I have heard that site mentioned on here before and it never even rang a bell......

Funny!!
XOXO
L2L

Last edited by luv2lift; 08-24-2004 at 06:51 PM.
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:26 PM   #5  

L2L - you are stunning (and, may I add, have a gorgeous body)! You picture is so inspiring and gives me hope. We are about the same age (I'm 37) and I too am a mom of 2 (boys -15 & 17). Now I wish I started my program sooner-what a dummy I am:-( Glad the "before picture" gave you a smile. You should definately send in an update. Regina
Old 08-24-2004, 11:29 PM   #6  

Mrs. Jim, Congrats on your incredible weight loss! You ladies are all truly inspiring. I am so glad that I found such a supportive and informative site so early on.

Hugs,
Regina