South Beach Diet - HI! I'm new too!

View Full Version : HI! I'm new too!

lemdas
08-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Today should be my official 14th day of Ph 1. I have lost about 5 1/2 lbs. so far (was hoping for more), but I only really need to lose about 20 total, so I guess that ain't bad!

Confession time: The bad thing I did....well tomorrow is my b-day, so DH took me out to dinner last Sat. Italian~ I feel like I made a pretty good choice...grilled chick breast (pounded super thin) w lemon butter sauce, mushrooms, artichokes, and mozz. chs. Ok, probably not LF, but man was it good. On the side was angel hair pasta with a super fresh tom. sauce topped with fresh parsley. Yes, I did cheat....ate about 1/3 of the pasta & sauce :?: . 2 small bites of canollis (sp?). On the good side....abstained from the bread!!!

So, I cheated right toward the end of P1...please don't tell me I have to go back to the beginning and start over :( I saw where someone said this in the best tips and tricks thread. I think it would break my will....Is it ok to just go on, or do you think I need to add an extra day or two for "repentence"?

Thanks to everyone that reponds!
Leann

beachgal
08-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi, Leann, Happy Birthday, and welcome! :hat:

I am sorry to say, but yes, you do have to start over. It's one of the sad things about cheating on Phase 1. Even a little cheat can put you over the edge and away from the benefits of detoxing. If you hadn't had sugar, you might have been able to do it, as durum semolina pasta is a okay treat once a month. But the sugar tipped it, unfortunately. Just jump back on and do this...then you can get to Phase 2 and start eating more fun things! In the meantime, check out the great recipes in our recipe forum for Phase 1. There are great things in there like the Taco Bake, PB Cup, etc. Yum! :D Try the stuffed chicken breast and the almond dijon chicken. Both are fantastic and Phase 1 safe. :yes:

Welcome! :grouphug:

Ruthxxx
08-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Welcome to The Beach.

Bunnababy
08-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Welcome. Write a lot so we can get to know you :comp:

lemdas
08-24-2004, 04:32 PM
waaahhh!!! I don't wanna! I knew when I asked what I was gonna hear! LOL!

Well, I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the welcomes and b-day wishes!
Leann

RNMOM
08-24-2004, 06:06 PM
You'll find a lot of us are fighting the same battle you do. It's OK. You are being aware of what you are eating and that's good. No mindless grazing, you appreciate every bite!

Great forum, you'll love it!

Islander
08-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Happy Birthday!! :balloons: Welcome to the Beach!!

:df:

Linky
08-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Welcome and happy birthday. i'm another newie - half way through week 2. Bummer about re-starting but hey, was that birthday dinner worth it? Signs point to YES!!