Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Too Cool Tuesday

It's cool out today, but I am feeling good (even when I spilled coffee on myself ).

Anyway I had an awesome run yesterday (4kms), ate supper and then went for a 3km wind down walk. I love winding down in the evening. It was at dusk, it was beautiful. Weigh in tonight!

Belle: I think you were gone when I mentioned this, but I think I remember you years ago <I have a sick memory> discussing the Shape weight-loss diary's of Courteny Rubin. Anyway, she has come out with a book detailing her experiences and I bought it. It is excellent and eye-opening. She struggles with binge eating too, so I related to it a lot.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 08-24-2004, 09:46 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning, ladies! I've been MIA because I've been eating to cope with stress and I've been pretty stressed for the last couple of weeks. Aaron found a really cute little dog when he was doing security near a very busy street. He was just going to leave her alone, but when a cat tried to attack her, he grabbed her. We've called the Humane Society, looked for posters, checked the newspaper and nobody seems to be looking for her, which is heartbreaking. But, the thing that has had me so stressed is that I can't have pets (besides the guinea pigs) in the apartment, and giving her away wasn't an option (we've fallen head over heels for that darn dog), so we're moving. I was afraid we were going to have to move to Omaha and really, really didn't want to, but we found a big, beautiful two-bedroom apartment here in town that allows small dogs (she's only 6.5 lbs) and we're moving in a few weeks. Now, I just have to get away with keeping the dog in my current apartment until we move and I'll be set.

Other exciting news for me is that I start school on Monday, the 30. I'm nervous and wish that I was skinnier to start school, but what can ya do? I went and bought books yesterday--sheesh! I'd forgotten how outrageously expensive they are.

So, I'm starting over today (for the hundred thousandth time) and planning on success. I've been going to meetings for about a month now and will probably not weigh tonight, just get the new info and hopefully be down next week at WI from where I was last week.

Ali--You make me wish that I could run--I'd love to enjoy a nice run at dusk and winding down, feeling confident and good about myself and enjoying a sunset. It looks like you haven't been struggling much lately with B.E.D., congratulations! I know how hard it is to do what you're doing when food is the only thing on your mind. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Jess: awww about the puppy, well there is an advantage of a new place which may seem weird but has been helping me: I've learned to associate my new kitchen to eating well instead of binging. I've also been exercising a lot which has been reducing my stress. I still have some stress, but have been trying my darndest not to binge. I have overeaten (meals out) but the binging has subsided: 5 weeks and counting now. Anyhoo, congrats on school, what are you taking?

Cheers!

Ali

Cheers!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:29 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey ali its nice and cool here well its 80 but no humidity so its a slice of heaven might see if DH and I can go for awalk tonight.
Jess awesome on both counts what did you name the dog. . .I will be thinking of you on Monday
I'm afraid to eat today b/c my stomach was less than kind to me this am
on the other hand I don't want to starve alld ay binge tonight and have the chas all day tommorrow when I 'm in the city
Some one stop me from doing the life comparison please?
I love being married but i've quickly sunk into domesticity (until I start working) and I was just on the phone with a friend of mine who works on film sets and goes all over
sighin comparison my life sounds boring
UGH!
I think I'll go grab a yogurt
JEss post puppy pics!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:50 PM   #5  

Hi all-I am here-we were away on vacation in North Carolina-it was beautiful-a week at the beach. i just read the threads that I missed-I too, have been watching the Olympics, but I missed Carly's last routine for the gold-we were recording it and the compuer did some funky things and it was lost! Oh well...

So we had Sara's 1st b-day party over the weekend and it was fun-the good part was that my bro came to visit and gave me an exersize and diet plan specifically for me-he tailored it from his own b/c we have similar body types(he is a bodybuilder and personal trainer) So I am on day 3 of his plan and haven't done too badly-so far I've gone running once and to the gym once-and am sticking to the diet although he won't allow me pasta or bread for the first two weeks-no, it isn't carb free-my carbs come from potatoes, rice, and oatmeal....we'll see how it goes-I'm going home in two weeks for labor day and he is taking me to the gym!!! The eating works out to about 25 points per day, so very reasonable. I eat six times a day....

Kier-I notice that you seem to have tummy troubles a lot in the mornig-anything we should know about?
Ali-Good luck with WI!
Jess-awww-how sweet that you are moving for the doggie-that is exactly something my DH would do....
Belle-bummer about the dresses-did you freak out???
Lori
Closed Thread