South Beach Diet - It's been a bad bad few days & I don't mean food

smilintwins
08-23-2004, 10:23 PM
The story is long, thank goodness the resolution is not. My father has been in the hospital, he has dementia and resides in a home. He had an internal bleed (2nd in one year) that after being scoped again today we still do not know where it is... :mad: He is back at the nursing home tonight, feeling like a new man after some IV antibiotics and some tranfusions.

Despite the lack of sleep, many hospital runs, family fights, :blah: I managed to weigh in this morning at another 1.5 lbs down. AND that was with eating brownies on Saturday night. :D See ladies, this new WOL revs your metabolism in such a way that as long as having a treat does not serve as a trigger...you can still be successful.

Have some meetings at work the next couple of days, will be checking in but not early in the morning. Take care everyone, I am watching you!! ;)

1busymomma
08-23-2004, 11:48 PM
((((((((((((((smilintwins)))))))))))))))))))

RNMOM
08-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Great attitude in spite of your stressful times!

Bunnababy
08-24-2004, 01:25 AM
Sorry about all your stress. Congrats on the loss though, in spite of the brownies. :devil: Hope they identify the source of bleeding for your dad. :chin:

Ruthxxx
08-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Smilintwins, I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this but I see you are remaining in control. Come back when you can and give us an update.

beachgal
08-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Jen, sending prayers your way. My grandfather had dementia before he passed away, and it was so very hard seeing him like that.

:grouphug:

justjodi
08-24-2004, 08:52 AM
(((((smilingtwins))))) my grandma has dimentia and is in a nursing home also it is very stressful, glad the meds and blood made him feel better. hang in there and congrats on the loss!!!

jenne1017
08-24-2004, 10:37 AM
:grouphug:

sweet tooth
08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Jen, hope everything is better soon. Takce care.