South Beach Diet - Phase I Phor the Phighting Phatties

ellis
08-23-2004, 08:30 AM
This is it, girls. We're all serious this time. There are going to be some success stories coming out of this thread. And one of them is going to be me, damnit! :hat:
I'm going to sticky this thread. Perhaps we could each have a post that we periodically edit with stuff in it like our weight, measurements, weekly success... that sort of thing.
Anyone is welcome here. Whinging is permitted, providing you are supportive of other's failures at the same time. :D
I'll start.

Monday, August 23rd
Weight: 201 pounds
Exercise:
OP?:
Measurements:
Optimism level: STRONG!!
I'll think of more stuff to add after I've finished my coffee. :coffee:
Updated September 13th
Okay, life is (semi) normal once again, and I'm back on track. :hat:
Weight: 198 pounds
Exercise:
OP?: Pretty good yesterday. Sort of a Phase II day.
September 14th
Weight: ?
Exercise: 1 hour (45 min spinning, 15 weights)
September 19th
Crap. 200. I can't do a thing with myself. It's TOM... maybe I'm retaining water.
Good news! Got to the Y!! :hat:
October 1st
OP all day yesterday! A fresh start... I'm going to do this!! :hat:

sweet tooth
08-23-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm gonna post to this thread right now, because I am determined and confident that I will accomplish the weight loss goals that I have set for myself.

I started SBD in May following a medical at which the dr. gave me a hard time about the 30-40 pounds that I had gained over the previous 2 years. He made a deal with me to cut carbs and sugar for a month 'and see what happens.' Enter - South Beach Diet. Since my dr. had recommended that I cut carbs/sugar for 1 month, I decided to stay on Phase 1 for that period of time. It actually turned out to be 5.5 weeks since I was booked for surgery and I didn't think that the other 1.5 weeks would make that much difference. During the Phase 1 period, I lost 17 pounds.

I have continued to follow the program and enjoy it thoroughly. At this point, I don't even think about eating foods that are not OP, since they just aren't a part of my habits anymore. I am looking forward to reaching my goal weight by the end of September. However, I don't do well when I start to add carbs back into my diet. Consequently, I seem to always be on Phase 1, with the odd detour now and then. I am also planning now how to manage my weight for a lifetime.

Current Statistics:

Start Weight (May 14, 2004): 170 pounds
Current Weight (August 20, 2004): 143.6 pounds
Goal Weight (est. September 30, 2004): 130 pounds

Updated - August 27, 2004

Current Weight: 144.8 pounds

I am really disappointed in my stats and will be going back to Phase 1, without any diversions for the next week.

Updated - September 3, 2004

Current Weight: 144.6 pounds

I'm a little disappointed that I only lost .2 pounds, but, it is that TOM. I guess a loss is better than a gain. Another week on Phase 1.

Updated - September 10, 2004

Current Weight: 140.2 pounds

Woohoo - down 4.6 pounds this week. The exercise and perseverance are starting to pay off. I will be starting on a modified Phase 2...hopefully add one starch to supper this evening.

Updated - September 17, 2004

Current Weight: 139.2 pounds

Alas, only one pound lost since last week. However, after my indylgences this week that ended on Tues, I have been back on Phase 1. I plan to stay on Phase 1 until September 27. We are going away next weekend, so I don't trust myself to start adding starch/fruit back while I'm away. Firstly, because I won't have a scale to monitor my weight, and secondly because it is difficult to get WW starches in restaurants. :)

Updated - September 24, 2004

Current Weight: 138.8 pounds

Updated - October 1, 2004

Current Weight: 136.6 pounds

cottagebythesea
08-23-2004, 10:05 AM
OK, here I go:

MONDAY, AUG. 23

Height: 5'1"
Weight: 149lbs.
Bust: 36.50"
Waist: 29.75"
Abdomen: 36"
Hips: 36.50"
Thighs: 19"
Arms: 10"

Breakfast: coffee w/ skim and 1 LF string cheese
Midmorning: peach
Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad
Midday: 12 almonds and SF jello
Supper: Chicken Caesar Salad
Snack: Cocoa Mocha Ricotta Cream
Plenty of water and SF iced tea

Exercise: 30 minute workout at Curves

kvixen
08-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Ladies, I have been on Phase 1 for almost three weeks now, because I cannot seem to go beyond the weekend. I SWEAR this week, I am gonna do it, because I am itching to be on Phase 2 and have whole wheat tortillas!

Breakfast: Tomato feta omelet in my new Express101 cooker. (very cool new gadget)

Snack: Alas, none, I ate sooooo much at breakfast that I skipped it. Lots of H2o though.

Lunch: Taco Casserole- yummy. Plus lettuce, tomato and teeny bit of sour cream.

Snack: Um, we'll see if I can finish lunch. Otherwise, it's my snack. I love this stuff, could it all day every day.

Dinner: Um, prolly tomato and cucumber salad because I have a ton of both. And basil. I'll prolly take a LF cheese stick with me to LSAT class.

And this is gonna work, ladies! I have lost four lbs already and can see the end in sight! :flow1:

Ok, so it has been almost a month since i last updated. Oh dear! I was bad, went severely off Ph1, but I am back! I know Halloween is coming up so I am preparing ahead of time not to over indulge. Most recent undate: still zero workout time- too much studying. I had WW spaghetti last night but I am having a great dinner tonight! The attitude is still strong! :D

annie175
08-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Hello Ladies.

This is day 3 of SB Phase I. I love it so far. I have a long ways to go.

262/258/175 - 5'9' tall.

Just working at familiarizing myself with this diet. Read the book over the weekend. I am sure this is doable.

Goals

Exercise at least 3-4 times a week. Walking to start out with.
248 by 9/14/04
Be accountable, and be focused!

Bunnababy
08-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Okay, girls here I go. I did the Phase I right on target the first time then Phase II I got off track. :no: So a little Phase I to get me thinking straight again.

Height: 5 8 1/2
Current Weight: 266.5 (I may have to modify this after the doctor visit)
Goal: Gym at least five times per week
Bust: 48
Waist: 43 1/2
Hips: 53 1/2

RNMOM
08-23-2004, 02:47 PM
OK kiddos, me too! Been a horrendous day at work and I'll be glad to go home. Having a hard time getting into the swing of things after my family left. Boohoo! Not too hungry, hope that I'm not going to have too bad of detox from my two weeks of indulgence.

Well, I'm fixing chicken breasts tonight and having fresh veggies from the garden.

fireflynova
08-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Updated 10/12/04
loss this week: 3.5 lbs

SBD start date: 8/12/04
SBD Phase: Two

Stats ..
Height: 5'3
Weight ..
Start: 230 lbs
Current: 199!!!!!!!

Measurements ..
neck: 14''
bust: 45''
arms: 15''
waist: 37''
abdomen: 46''
thighs: 27''

I've FINALLY broken the 200 lbs mark.. it's been YEARS since I've weighed this!!

justjodi
08-23-2004, 07:59 PM
what's this ellis??? i love it!!! unfortunately it's too late for me today save yourselves girls!!! but i'm in for tomorrow for sure. i'm off to start planning now. hello to all the new faces in here looks like you sparked something ellis thank you!!

monday august 30, 2004 (starting over again)
height 5'7"
weight 240.5 (yikes)
measurements
waist 44 1/2 in
bust 42 1/2
hips 54 in
upper arm 17in
upper thigh 24 1/2
size 22/24
well as if i wasn't depressed enough before i got the tape measure out. i guess i have no choice but to do this!!!
totally feeling motivated today we can do this!!!
ok saturday sept 11, 2004 i started over for real this time!!

stats as of 9/18/04 after 1 really good week!!
height still 5'7"
weight 233.0 :D
waist 41 in
bust 42 in
hips 51 in
upper arm 16 1/2
upper thigh 25
size more room in my 22/24
summary i lost 7.5 lbs this week and 7 inches!!!!this past week i committes to eating a healthy op breakfast everyday, this totally set the tone for the rest of the day. i also started doing some exercises a little at a time am and pm most days. resistance bands and brisk walking. this week i am going to focus on lunch. everyday this week i will eat an op breakfast, eat an op lunch and i will also increase my exercise!!!

Mamacita
08-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Okay, I should be here, too, so shove over, Chicks.

Wednesday 09/22
Height: 5'-2"
Weight: 193 ( Down 1.5 pounds) **Bought a new scale that corresponds with doctor's scale
Mini Goal: 175 by Dec 31
Goal Weight/Date: 125/June 21, 2005

Menu:

Breakfast: Low carb/low fat protein shake

AM Snack: 1/2 C. Cottage cheese w/ 1/4 C pineapple chunks

Lunch: Tuna curry salad w/ 2 slices LF Swiss cheese, salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette dressing

PM Snack: Decaf coffee w/ 1 oz lowfat milk/2 packets Splenda

Dinner: Baked chicken breast, zucchini

chilichick
08-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Tuesday

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg ( white only)
coffee

Snack 2 tbls reduced fat peanut butter and 1/2 avacado sliced ( proably too much of a snack, but I was hungry)

lunch : garden salad with of tuna and ceasar dressing. Can of diet pepsi

Snack: hard boiled egg

Dinner: left over chicken and eggplant
suagr free jello

chickenlady15
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
So where is everyone today???
I got on the scale this morning, after my first day on the beach (I swore I would only weigh 1 x week, but ....you know....) and lost 2 ponds already!
Still very pumped up, and have made lots of stuff to have in a moment's notice!

Amanda1979
08-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Okay, so I just watched Montel today and he had a bunch of people on who had lost weight on various diets. It was the push I needed to commit to a lifestyle change. I'll definitely need some support though! Any pointers on phase 1 would be appreciated!

I'm 24 years old and in the last year have had the greatest weightloss and weightgain that I've had in my entire life...including when I was pregnant with my son!! :?: Last July I had a miscarraige early in my 2nd pregnancy (7 weeks), triggering a jumpstart on my weightloss. My weight went from 195 in July down to 176 in December...the only thing I changed was my portion sizes. Well, from the end of December to March I went from 176 to 183, and from March to now, I've gone up to 200 pounds even. I just want to cry. I've had a lot of stress this past year and that is the likely culprit of my overindulgence in food...but it's time to get over it and start being healthy. Here are my measurements:

weight: 200
height: 5'8
waist: 38
hips: 47
each thigh: 29
each upper arm: 13.5
bust: 40.5
wrist: 6.5
ankle: 9.5

I'm really looking forward to your support and being able to support others in their goals!

hw 215/ sw 200/ gw 150

Shequila
08-25-2004, 08:14 AM
So Phighting Phatties....How is Phase 1 going for you....Nobody's updating...
Here's mine for Wednesday
5'7" tall CW 174.5
GW 150
Breakfast: 3 Coffees with In't delight (Lo Carb) scrampled eggs and 2 pc of turkey bacon
Snack1
Lunch: Garden salad, with avacado, celery, onions, and balsamic vinagrette
Snack2: 15 roasted peanuts in the shell
Dinner
Water 1 glass of seltzer
Exercise: 30 minutes walking at lunch (hopefully)

Come on ladies....stay with me...I needed you and I am here for you also. We can do this!

chilichick
08-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Mine is going well. I have not cheated. All I have for breakfast is eggs in the house and real bacon. I guess I will acramble up one and eat one slice of bacon. I do not have any cold cuts or I would eat that instead. I have to go get a new scale.

Webnesday, Day 3

Breakfast : coffee with scrambled egg and onle slice of bacon :coffee:

Snack: 1/4 avacado sliced

Lunch:Salad with lettuce, cukes, tomato and left over ginger chicken and string cheese

Diet Pepsi

Dinner: Not hungry I had a cheese stick and a sugar free jello.

Snack: 2 tablespoon sof peanut butter.

OMG! I forgot about the phase one headache. OUCH my head!!!

Thursday Day 4

Breakfast: low fat string cheese, coffee ( could not do eggs again)

Snack 6 cucumber slices with veggie hummus on top

Lunch: when to lunch( chinese)
cup of hot and sour soup
chicken with veggies and garlic sauce ( asked for very little sauce)
this came with rice and eggroll. I did not eat the rice and I took the inside out of the eggroll and ate that. Passed up the fortune cookie.
had 3 glasses of water with my meal

Snack: peanut butter off spoon

Dinner: one beef pattie topped with onion, mustard and pickles
sugar free jello.

I have been walking a half hour a day as well.

Friday, day 5
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs. coffee

Snack: Atkins yogurt ( not totally phase one, but only 3g carbs and no sugar)

Lunch: hamburger pattie with pickle and mustard
sugar free jello
water

Dinner: Salad and ribs ( sauce on side)

Saturday, Day 6

Family pool party and BBQ - very challaging.

skipped breakfast, but had coffee and went for an hour walk

Lunch: cheese, peparoni and olives with raw veggies and dip

Dinner: Spinach quiche ( did not eat crust) with ceasar salad
I had a one inch peice of a peacan square that the hostess's daughter made. She was so proud of herself so. I had a little.

I had one mikes lemonaide and drank water the rest of the day. I will extend my week long journey into phase one into a second week until I feel I can hop back into phase two. I probably wont to a full two weeks as I really have no cravings. I am too determined to get rid of this weight.

Sunday day 7

breakfast: One low fat cheese stick and coffee.

a broad abroad
08-25-2004, 11:24 AM
HELLO everyone - Going to go back to phase 1 on Monday 9-20-04. I'm still a few pounds away from my Sept. goal!!! I want to make goal!
I went to Ph. 2 for a few weeks, but am ready to get "down" to business. LOL. The holidays are coming and I need some new clothes!!

We CAN DO this. Cheers :goodvibes

Airmans Angel
08-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Phase 1

B- 1 scrambled egg with chives, a piece of heated ham (lunch meat kind) and a pinch of LF cheese, and orange flavored water.
S- 10 pistachios, and sugar free jello
L- Salad consiting of (lettuce, a few pinches of parmasean cheese, with left over sirloin strips, is that okay?, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) and water, water, water.
S-I work so I will probably just take some more pistachios and drink up some water.

D- A piece of chicken breast with broccoli and some of the mock mashed potatos, I have'nt tried them yet.... any one have comments on them before I waste my stuff?

Exercise- 30 min. pilates and maybe walk not counting all the walking and stuff I do at work ( I am a Y councelor for after school care)

cottagebythesea
08-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Sounds like we're all doing pretty well with this thing. Today was Day 3 for me, and so far it's not too bad. I'm so used to Phase 2, tho, that I keep forgetting we're not allowed to have certain things! (Like the dried cranberries on my salad today!!)

Tuesday (yesterday)
Breakfast: 3egg omelet w/ asparagus & lf cheese
Lunch: tuna salad w/ cucumber slices
Snack: 8 peanuts & sf fudgesickle
Supper: 2 xlean turkeyburgers w/ sauteed peppers & onions
Snack: Almond Ricotta Creme
a least a gallon of water and several sf iced teas and hot green tea

Wednesday (today)
Breadfast: 1/2 cup ff yogurt w/ cinnamon, ground flax & splenda
Snack: 2 pc. stringcheese
Lunch: salad of grilled chicken over mixed greens w/ dried cranberries & pecans
Supper: grilled salmon, chickpea tomato & onion salad, sauteed cabbage
Plenty of liquids
Snack for later: Chocolate Ricotta Creme
Supper: 2 xlean turkeyburgers (no buns) w/ sauteed peppers, onions

Mamacita
08-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Shequila, I decided that in the interest of time, space and bandwidth, that I would just edit my original entry.

Mamacita.

Shequila
08-26-2004, 08:26 AM
That's a great idea Mamcita.....Perhaps we should all do the same. Look for my updates on my original post. I just wanted to keep this one going because it's really helping me stay op.

sarahyu
08-26-2004, 08:53 AM
I started in January 2004.
height: 5' 0"
age: over 40 :cry: Not because I'm old, but because my metabolism is slowing down.
top weight: 197
highest size: tight 16
current weight: 155-158 (yeah! it moved down finally!)
total inches lost: 32.25 :dance: :dancer:
inches lost in the last month: 3.5 :sunny:
current size: 10-12

exercise: well, when I can stop making excuses and just do it, I do pilates for dummies a couple times a week, walk 1-2 miles a day because I take the bus to work and have to walk from the bus stop to my building, situps and pushups when I stop making excuses, so that's usually a couple times a week, usaually not the same week, if I do the pilates, I don't do the other, I'm basically fighting my lazy gene. I know I should exercise more consistantly but....

Then I've add physical activity to everything. Park at the farthest end of the parking lot, carry all my groceries out to the car-weight bearing exercises, take the stairs several times a day. I can go all the way up to 12th the floor now. Not every day, usually just basement to 4th. Which isn't bad.

Essie1421
08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this board but actually started S Beach in February. I lost about 20 lbs. and got off track. I am committing anew :coffee: today to the plan and will succeed!!

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 205.5
Goal: 145

I'll write my measurements in at a later date.

P.S. This is a great website!!!!

ellis
08-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Shequila, I'm back. ;)
Thanks for your words of support, hon.
I'm starting afresh today. Now I'm ready for anything with Dad, and I'm not going to let it get in the way of my health. :yes:

Okay... plan for today:
not completely Phase I... but working back towards it from the depths of sugar ****

- 2 coffees w/skim milk
- peanut butter sandwich
- lean hamburger
- 2 slices ww toast
- bean burrito

Not OP, but very healthy. Hmmm... no veggies in there. Or fruit.

ellis
08-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Thank you, Laurie. :)

Okay girls! :drill: Where the heck IS everyone!? Pull yourselves together and let's lose some freakin' FAT!!!

yaya9577
08-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Count me in!

Since I just started my optimism and attitude are VERY high!

SW(8-30-04)-- 272
short term GW-- 250

Breakfast: was in a hurry...1 string cheese
AM Snack: a few cucumber slices
Lunch: half low-carb protein bar
PM Snack: string cheese
Supper: tomato/cucumber salad, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli and red pepper strips and 1/2 breast of baked chicken
Dessert: 2 SF popsicles

Good luck everyone!! We can do this!!! :)

justjodi
08-31-2004, 08:40 AM
Thank you, Laurie. :)

Okay girls! :drill: Where the heck IS everyone!? Pull yourselves together and let's lose some freakin' FAT!!!

well that's all i needed i'm in!!! ellis you crack me up!!! i for one have ALOT of fat to loose. come on ladies lets get with the program!! whining is allowed (thank goodness). we can do this!!!

kvixen
08-31-2004, 10:09 AM
Ellis, you are super cute. Such an inspiration, especially to me who is incredibly whiny this a.m. I am going to go to the gym tonight. (My one and only night off this week.)

I had a delicious breakfast: egg whites, tomatoes and basil. Yum.
AM Snack: I finally made herbed mayo and have turkey, and am going to make a turkey roll.
Lunch: Unsure, perhaps something Mexican themed.
PM Snack: Hot chocolate from the recipe in the forum. Sometimes, it is the only way that I stay sane.
Dinner: Prolly salad, cuz I have a lot.

Ladies, you guys are the best! Nothing like seeing everyone else enthused to bring on a little determination! ;-)

swangirl
08-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi Ladies!

I started SB last Tuesday. I fell off the wagon big time on Saturday, and then again yesterday and today by eating sugar free peanut butter cups from my archenemy Russel Stover. :( Tonight I have to meet a friend for drinks, so I might as well have some whiskey, and start over again tomorrow on Phase 1. :(

My start weight is 174. I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, but I wil tomorrow at the gym. I'm 5'4. My goal weight is 135. Yep, 40lbs.

annie175
08-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Ok Girls, I am in.

I started SB on 8/21. First weigh in was 8/27. Down 7 lbs. Party! I am so jazzed. I love South Beach. I have not cheated, not even one time. I know I have a long way to go, however, I know I can do this. WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!

SW 262/CW255/GW175. 5'9" tall. Don't know my measurements, but rest assured, they are too much.

Annie

kellyntx
09-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Well I did it. I started the SBD today. I wanted to start it Monday but had a lot going on so had to postpone it for a few days. My weight has fluctuated for about 7 years. That is when I had my son. I went from 125-130 to about 179lbs when I had him. When he was about 3 I got on the diet pills Adipex and lost about 17lbs in 2 1/2 weeks and went from a size 16 to a size 8. My weight would always be between 155-165lbs throughout that time. I had a daughter in 2003. I was wearing a size 16-18 and weighed over 190lbs. Well I got fed up, I was tired of being big so I decided since the pills worked once surely they would work again. I got on Phentermine which is the generic of Adipex and it is cheaper. I started the pills in June. When I started my measurements were:
Bust: 40in
Waist: 37 1/2
Thighs:45 1/2
(These were taken on 7/16)

I was weighed last week at the doctor's office and my weight was 173. I was so happy. Well I knew I had lost inches because my size 16's were fitting really lose and I didnt' have a tape measurer to check yet. So yesterday I was at the store trying on some clothes and I got a size 16,14,12 to try on. I got the 12's just for the heck of it. I FIT INTO THEM!!!!!!! I was soooo happy. That gave me extra motivation to start the SBD today. So here I am:

SW:190
CW:173
GW:125-130
Height: 5'2
Current Measurements:
Bust: 40
Waist: 34 1/2
Thighs:43

My big problem is I usually only eat once a day. I don't eat a lot of junk or sweets and I really don't drink much pop. I figured if I could plan my meals out every week then it would be easier for me to stick to it. Now I just need to be toning it up as I go along. There's my story. I hope to get to know you all better and lets lose weight together :)

Kelly

annie175
09-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Hello Everyone!!

Week two WI on South Beach, down another 2.5, for a grand total of 9.5. So far no cheating. I am really excited about it. Even resisted my mom's deep fried crunch french fries yesterday!

Stay focused.

GoldieFun
09-08-2004, 05:34 PM
We started yesterday -- woo hoo! Last night we were both munchy thought and joking about going after the cereal bars in the cabinets. But, no cheats! I am going to the grocery tonight for some more foods!

:) lauren

megsinhawaii
09-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Hello I'm Meghan, and I'm a fat chick on the beach. I don't want to be one anymore. Today I am starting the SBD.

I don't have a tape measure, but planning on getting one this week-end. I've tried the SBD only one other time for about a week. The eggs killed me. I hate eggs.
Here are my stats.

HW 215
CW-215
GW-140
LW-135
I can't live in HI anymore and look like a fat pig. I'm doing this for myself, my son, and my dh.
Wish me luck.
-Meg

edieschmedie
09-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey Ya'll

I'm in. Started on 9/5.

5'9"
HW 175
CW 170
GW 140 or less

Don't have any idea what my measurements. All I know is I gained so much weight with my last pregnancy that post partem I can't even fit into my old "fat" clothes. I'm an 18/16 now my goal is to get to be a 10.

Need encouragement. I'm losing my fortitude on day 6 as I aproach my daughters 3rd birthday celebration and have to resist the cupcakes and ice cream. :hb:

Getting really tired of eggs for breakfast. Need new ideas for phase 1 meals.:chef:

Feels like this diet is expensive when it comes to the grocery list.:dunno:

I was raised veggie and still eat allot of tofu and legumes. Any suggestions for veg heads during phase 1.
:write:

Come on guys! keep me motivated!

I've got to lose this weight before we have any more children. :cheer:

Edie :dancer:

Deftones Chick
09-13-2004, 12:35 AM
I want a piece of this Weight loss pie too... :D Well lets see this is my second time attempting SB, the first time I was on for a week and lost 8 lbs. This time I am going to do it, I started about a week ago and have lost only 6lbs. But I am proud to say that I got through the weekend without cheating and I went to a bday party and resisted bread,potato salad, soda, cake and chili beans, I think that says a lot. So here I go .

Measurements : ?? will post later

Height:5'4

HW:275

SW:267

CW:261

GW:150

Bamiegurl
09-13-2004, 09:49 AM
9/13 Well.... I'm back on the Beach full force! :D School let out and so did I! :dizzy: haha I did not go back to my old way of eating totally. I have bounced back and forth with a few pounds over the summer but am back on today! I had lost down to 149 and am starting back at 152. :o It feels great to be back in the sand! :p Had a very busy summer which helped me to not gain more than the few pounds I did. ;) I love my size 12's but can't wait to be an 8! :lol:
9/19 Ok pretty good first week! Only had one off meal and it was not really all that bad. DH wanted to go for mexican and he never wants to go out so how could I say NO! Not to mention I LOVE mexican food! No chips! I think I did pretty good! haha Will not weigh til tomorrow!
9/22 I forgot to post my weight on Mon.! (duh!) I am down 3 pounds so I am back to where I was before summer. Still have a long way to go but I know that I will get there.
9/27 Well let's just say I'm in need for a lil movement which is why I think I am the same this week as last week. :?: Not to mention the weekend! Metamucial .... Here I come. (GAG!) I hate that stuff! :(
10/4 Well I am down 3 more lbs. (146) And that is with dear TOM coming early yesterday! :( He is about a week or so early! :mad: Well another pretty good week. We did take the girls for ice cream lastnight and I was in the middle of my lil cone before I realized it! But other than that I did pretty good! :dizzy: I'm stayin in it!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
10/12 Well I am up the 3 I was down last week nobody's fault but my own! I had alot of OFF meals while I was gone. They were oh so good but now I pay for it! Hum... Was it really worth the set back of 3 lbs.? Probably not but no use crying over spilled milk right? So I am back on and now my goal is 9 for oct. since I had set it at 6 and gained 3. :lol: No problem I am ready!
10/26 Well I am having a hard time stayin totally OP Phase1. I have been tryin to redo phase1 but it is alot harder this time. I have to get back that desire that I had the first time. Being back in the 40's is great but I want to get to the 30's now! It's time to press on and stop being so comfortable here.

swangirl
09-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi Ladies,

Last week, I slacked and fell off the Beach diet.

Today I am starting brand spanking new! Today I will make better food choices, stay on my diet, and will get myself to the gym for at least 20-30 mins. Everyday I will repeat that phrase until my goal is met!

AdiaFaith
09-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok, I'm in. I'm going back to Phase One for a kickstart on October first. I've been on Phase 2 for some months now. I need some help! I've been doing SBD since March off and on. I got down and dirty serious at the end of August. This month I've exercised as much as possible. However, I've noted the scale is going up, rather than down!

Well, time to get really serious.

Stats:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 186 lbs
Exercise Level: HIGH
Exercise Minutes: 1447

MEAL PLAN:
(Will adjust to what I actually eat.)

Monday –
Midmorning Snack: Danon Light N Fit French Vanilla Yogurt & Freeze Dried Strawberries
Lunch: Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Melt
Cup of Chicken Soup
3:30 Snack: Cheese and Yogurt
Dinner: Chicken Cat. on WW Linguini
Dessert: Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
Water: 82 oz

Tuesday-
Breakfast: WW Apple Muffins
Midmorning Snack: Yogurt
Lunch: Applebee’s Veggie Patch Pizza
3:30 Snack: French Vanilla Yogurt
Dinner: Stuffed Chicken Breast
Dessert: Popcorn & Chocolate Yogurt
Water: 72 oz

Wednesday-
Breakfast: SD Bagel w/ Light Cream Cheese
Skinny Latte w/ SF Cinnamon Syrup
Midmorning Snack: String Cheese
Lunch: Wendy’s Spring Mix Salad & Small Chili
3:30 Snack: Bran Muffin & Small Skim Milk
Dinner: Home
Dessert: SF/FF Chocolate Pudding

Thursday-
Breakfast: Ham & Cheese Omelet
Midmorning Snack: String Cheese
Lunch: Garcias Taco Salad
Dinner: Home
Dessert: SF Peanut Butter Caramel Crème

Friday-
Breakfast: Bran Muffin w/ Skim Milk
Midmorning Snack: Nuts
Lunch: Turkey Wrap and Veggies
Dinner: OUT
Dessert: Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

ellis
09-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Hey, darlin's.
I'm going to soon be cleaning up this thread a wee bit. I'll be removing any posts that haven't been updated for the past two weeks. If you're still interested in continuing here, please update your post so that I can see it's current.
Thanks, girls! :wave:

CurlieQinOK
09-25-2004, 02:19 AM
Okay - ladies. This isn't my first time to 3FC. I was here before under a different screen name which I now cannot even remember. Regardless - I am now a South Beach Girl. My Mother started on South Beach begining of August, and has lost about 20 pounds. I picked up her book one day to see if she could eat what I was going to make for dinner, and before I knew it - I had read the whole thing cover to cover. Every single passage about central obesity was like a mirror to my face (or tummy). I've tried all kinds of diets, both medically approved, and not so. But this one doesn't seem so much like a diet as a revolution. I'm so inspired by you ladies, and my Mother... I know I can do this.

Short term goal: 10% of my body weight (27lbs) gone by end of October.
Long term goal: New life!!! (and a longer one at that!!)

I don't have my measurements. But I'll put it to you this way - I'm in a size 24 pants, and 26-28 shirts. I cannot wait for the day when I am not restricted to shopping at Lane Bryant!!!

I'm gonna need all the help I can get from you ladies. I'm going to the grocery store first thing in the morning, and tomorrow - I am ready to change my life!!!

Days 1 & 2 have been great! I was even tempted with hot rolls yesterday, and was able to say "no thank you" Which is HUGE PROGRESS for me!!! I'm on day 3 today, and feeling pretty good about things. I have elected not to weigh my self everyday, because I don't want to set my self up for any disappointment. (just in case) And I don't feel like I've lost anything yet. But I know I will soon!!!

I can feel it! It's going to be success this time!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

ellis
09-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Curlie, what a great attitude you have! :hat: Welcome back!!

TXMomof3
09-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Ok, I'm here :)

Tomorrow (9/27) will be my 1st day of phase I. I am coming into this with a whole new attitude after actually taking the time to read the book and learn what I've done all these years to get me to this point. From this point on, no more looking back, only forward.

I just wanted to wish the best of luck to everyone just starting and to those of you that are still going strong! Tons of inspiration on this forum, I love it! My first goal is listed in my signature. 10 pounds gone by Halloween.

~P

lil_cara_mia
10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi, I'm climbing on board too! :)

I'm on day 3, which is a hard day for me.. headaches, blah's, all that fun stuff. Having done phase 1 a couple months ago I know that by tomorrow this will pass.

I'm feeling really good and positive, and I'm committed to changing my life for ME. Not for the hubby, or the kids, or any other reason.. but for ME. I don't want to be like this anymore.. and that skinny woman that lives deep inside has been banging to get out far too long.

My HW was somewhere up around 310. I started SB at 298, and am already down 2 pounds *whoo hoo*.. I know it's water, but I'll take it lol. I'm going to update my CW weekly (even if I just HAVE to peek at that scale more often). My measurements, I have no fricken idea and I don't think I want to know either.. let's just say big. I have kind of a weird shape, I'm sort of hourglass, but my shoulders are extremely broad in comparisson to my hips. Can we say line-backer *giggle*. I currently wear a 24 top and 22 bottom. I'd probably wear a 20 on the bottom if not for the big gut.

My goals are 10 pounds at a time (month). That would put me down about 30 pounds by Christmas, and 110 down by August (my birthday).. almost to goal. My long term goal is to lose 128 pounds, so I'll be 170 and a size 10/12. I'm comfortable with that, and if I want to lose more when I get there, well, then we'll see. I don't feel like I need to be too thin, I just want to be healthy and fit. I also want to lose at a rate that's reasonable (2.5 week) so that I don't have too much jiggly skin. I'm really afraid of that.

Ok, I've babbled enough.. good to be here and I look forward to reading your success, and I'm here if you need a shoulder for support in the rough times. :)

Heather

BfL_Cat
10-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Hey gals - I've decided I need to spend some time on the Beach, so I'll be joining you for a while. I've been following Body for Life for over a year, but I've gotten bored, and thus sloppy, with it, and have regained about 7#. So, before things get out of hand, I thought I'd try SBD to give me a swift kick back in the right direction.

I'm planning on starting Phase 1 on Monday, the 11th, and will be spending this weekend planning, shopping and prepping for the week ahead.

Glad to hear about the successes you've had, and hope to add some of my own!
Cindy