Old 08-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Induction Boot Camp

Hi all!

I am starting back at Induction tomorrow morning. I started to add nuts back into my diet and the cravings are back. So I thought I would start a thread that is very very Strict Induction! I need the A** kicking to keep me on track right now!

Rules for this thread:

1) Must be 100% DANDR Induction. (2 FULL WEEKS)
2) NO Atkins Bars or other low carb treats
3) NO Whining/"why can't I stay on track"
4) NO Excuses
5) 100% support of each other getting on track and staying there!

Remember this is Boot Camp! Think of Louis Gossett Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman" We can do it! Just need to put our minds to it!

If anyone is willing to jump on board with me, check in anytime! If not, I still will post here to make myself accountable!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:17 PM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Default I forgot!

I will weigh in TMO morning and reset some Weight goals then!
Old 08-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

OK.. Sadly I hit the scale and I am up!

166.5!

OK here Are my goals for the month!

1) Water 10-12 glasses a day
2) NO Frankenfoods of any kind
3) exercise at the gym 3x a week minimum
4) 100% induction

My first short term Goal:

155 by September 30, 2004

any other takers?
Old 08-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #4  

Hi Karen! I started back last week. I've been good for a whole 8 days so far! I'll stick w/ya. We can definitely do this! My hardest times are the weekend, so I'm glad I got through this first one okay. I even got up an ran 3 miles this a.m.

Here we go!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #5  

Default I NEED the boot in Boot Camp

I was going to pass this by thinking, well I am on vacation next week and going to Nova Scotia and not sure about food and things and I realized, I am on vacation, a time to relax, a time to regroup, recharge, to get myself back onto track. I should use the time to stay the course and do what I want to do.

I am doing well so far today. I got to the gym for my upper body workout, and will continue to make it work for me.

Reporting for duty and plan to hardboil some eggs when I get home from work this pm.

Liza
195/180/145
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE2C135
Hi Karen! I started back last week. I've been good for a whole 8 days so far! I'll stick w/ya. We can definitely do this! My hardest times are the weekend, so I'm glad I got through this first one okay. I even got up an ran 3 miles this a.m.

Here we go!
WOO HOO Kerri! Great job! Weekends are the hardest for me too as DH always wants to go out to eat. I usually pick the right foods but now with all these cravings I am having... Sigh...

Good job running today too! I was supposed to run this morning. DH said the alarm went off, I hit it and went back to sleep. I dont remember it going off.. but then again I had coughsyrup with codine in it last night! this darn cough is getting to me. I will be at the doctors in about an hour to see what is up with this...
Old 08-23-2004, 03:11 PM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Cube
I was going to pass this by thinking, well I am on vacation next week and going to Nova Scotia and not sure about food and things and I realized, I am on vacation, a time to relax, a time to regroup, recharge, to get myself back onto track. I should use the time to stay the course and do what I want to do.

I am doing well so far today. I got to the gym for my upper body workout, and will continue to make it work for me.

Reporting for duty and plan to hardboil some eggs when I get home from work this pm.

Liza
195/180/145
Hi Liza!

Great job today! You can do it on Vacation! I know you can! I did it in New Hampshire for 5 days! It was tough with some really great looking deserts there.. but I stayed the course and came home 3 pounds lighter!

It is those dang nuts!

As for me so far so good!

Got in 5 glasses of water so far and am eating almost exactly the same as I did the first week of Atkins last august! I figure, if it worked then, it will work again! I just wish I got to the gym this morning.. That is the only time the cough doesnt bug me! Very very strange! But I will be there TMO! for sure!
Old 08-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  
Look at me go ;)

Well, I'm in a boot camp of my own My induction is different but I wanted to wish ya'll the best of luck! I know we can do it.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:18 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

I've got to join in this boot camp. I need the boot in a serious way! I don't know that I'll be sticking exactly to induction, but I am going to get a lot closer than I have been. Today has been great so far -- completely OP with lots of veggies and a 2-mile walk/jog. If I can make it through today, it should only get easier, right??
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:23 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Jina - You hit it right on the head! One day at a time!

Thanks for the well wishes Randi!

I had a great OP day!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #11  

Hey guys! I made it yesterday OP too!

Karen, how often do you run? I'm on an every other day schedule, but have been thinking about adding one more day or two in soon. I'm just not sure if that's too much stain on the muscles though.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi gang!

I know I am addicted but I got on the scale after just one full day of Induction and I am already down 1.5 pounds. I know it will fluxuate day to day.. but it gives me some satisfaction that I am on the right track! I also started re-reading the DANDR book again just to remind me why it all works... Im through Chapter 7 already!

Kerri - I run usually M-W-F. Right now though I am sidelined with Acute Asthma and Sever Bronchitis (Diagnosed yesterday) After 2 days of treatment though, he wants me back out running. I just finished week 7 of the C25K training program. Once I graduate that program I am moving on to this one.

Do you take a Gluc/Chon suppliment? It helps me a lot! I have been taking Gluc for the last 5 years because I have a tracking problem with my patella!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #13  

I am home today, just needed a mental health day mostly, but also it may be the whole re-induction going on. I have stayed on track food wise. DD and I walked to get her hair cut, so she can see once she starts school, the library, the playground and home again. I mowed the yard, did 2 loads of laundry and pulled weeds for a while, now I know why I work.

KAREN - Thanks for the cheering on while on vacation. I just have to focus on the real purpose of vacation, it isn't about the eating, though I am looking forward to the seafood while away. I am chugging the H2O as well, though it isn't an issue for me.

Tomorrow the schedule is for a lower body workout, though I have to take DH's van if I go as my car is in the shop, so I am not sure how brave I am feeling, the last time I drove it, I hit a parked car, minimal damage but freaked me out.

We are eating out of the fridge the rest of this week so I can leave for vacation with a clean slate, so it is a choice of hamburgers, chicken or steak for dinner, got to love Atkins.

Liza
195/180/140
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:44 PM   #14  

Hey Karen! Thanks for the running program links. Right now I'm running 3 miles at a stretch, 3 days a week. I think I might start following the 2nd running link you included. I'm hoping a little variety will keep me motivated. I definitely feel the running has helped me lose weight just as much, if not more than my eating habits. For me, it's just a matter of staying motivated. I haven't been consistent w/the running for over a year. I'll do well for a month tops, and then I quit for a week, or two, sometimes three. Hopefully this thread will keep me motivated and on target.

As for the gluc/chron, what exactly does that do? Is that the supplement that helps with your joints? What changes did you notice since taking it?

Sorry to hear about your illness. There's nothing worse than being motivated to exercise, but not being able to. So frustrating. Sounds like you'll be back out there in a couple days though. Hope you're feeling better!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Sugar Cube - Great job today! Definately enjoy that vacation! Lots of H2O and concentrating on having fun is definately going to help! You reminded me that I need to call and make an appt for DD to get her hair cut! She starts school on Tuesday!

Kerri - Ive only been running since march. I completed all 9 weeks of the C25K with out a hitch then had to stop 2 weeks later when I got brochitis! then I had to start mid stream with it and had to fight with my lungs for the last 2 months.. but they thing we have it now. So I will have to fall back to week 6 or so and move forward!

The gluc/chron is for your joints but for me it was prescrbed to help with my muscles too. By helping the knees stay lubed (what the gluc/chron does) it helps the muscle not have to fight so hard to make your knees work. At least that is what my doc said...

I am feeling better today! the coughing is almost gone already.. now if it will just stay that way!!!

talk to you all later!