South Beach Diet - Adult Drink ?? - Throwing a party; but don't want to be left out

fireflynova
08-21-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm having a party this weekend; maybe 5-10 close friends. I'm all set for food.. I can cook stuff I'm not allowed to eat and it doesn't tempt me. But, I just turned 21 last month FINALLY!; and of course, tommorow I will be serving/making mixed drinks. I'm okay like I said, making things I can't have.. But is there NO exception? Perhaps vodka with sugar free jello for jello-shots? Or gin and diet tonic? There has to be something :( if not, than this will be a true test of my willpower.

2 lbs to reach my Sept 1st goal!

:lol:

oh yes, PS I'm still on Phase 1

Ruthxxx
08-21-2004, 01:58 PM
I'd have a vodka and diet tonic and then stick to just the tonic for the rest of the evening. Nobody will notice - and you'll be a better hostess! Have fun!

fireflynova
08-21-2004, 02:10 PM
But vodka is allowed? Maybe I could improvise.. ever had vodka with crystal light? lol

a broad abroad
08-21-2004, 02:30 PM
No alcohol is allowed on phase 1, but the book says that LATER you can have red wine (in moderation)

Usagi
08-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Baja Bob makes low carb drink mixes. A lot of places do, also.

Bacardi has no sugars, I usually drink Bacardi and Diet Coke. But Bacardi and Diet Sprite is good too. Or, straight Bacardi :lol: . I turned 21 myself about a year ago and I've been bartending since I was 18 and I'd stick with Bacardi or Vodka but stay away from flavoured stuff like Stoli's.Thin Ice is a low carb malt drink but I'm not suew where they sell it. Anyway, hope that helps!

Ruthxxx
08-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, the book may say that but this is real life and a single alcoholic drink won't screw you up completely.

a broad abroad
08-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I answered her question as she posed it. Your comment comes across as rather snippy.

Ruthxxx
08-21-2004, 03:39 PM
It was not meant to be snippy at all! I can't find it right now but somewhere in the book it does say not to fret over a minor slip up.

See http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=482215&highlight=alcohol#post482215 for an old discussion on this topic.
Basically spirits are better than beer although they are not allowed on Phase I or II.

fireflynova
08-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks ruth :) I'll probably just not have anything; I don't want to consciously slip up; and I can deal without alcohol until I'm allowed.. Cheescake however, I'm working on! lol

ellis
08-21-2004, 05:26 PM
I answered her question as she posed it. Your comment comes across as rather snippy.
There's nothing snippy in Ruth's reply.
I will not tolerate any discord here, A broad abroad. This thread is closed.

Fireflynova, happy belated birthday, girl! :hat: