South Beach Diet - It's the weekend, girls!!

View Full Version : It's the weekend, girls!!

ellis
08-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey, darlin's. How is everyone?
Just popping over to sit with Dad while Mom goes out for awhile.
Back later... :wave:

BTW, there is no need to point out your 40 medals to our 2. :rofl: Anyone watching the Olympics? That swimmer of yours (can't remember his name) is amazing!

Ruthxxx
08-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Good morning, babes on the Beach.
I finally have a whole free day with no committments! I'm going to take a long soak in the tub with a book and a coffee. What's on your schedule today?
Hug your Dad for me, ellis.
Back later.

little chick
08-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Morning Ellis hope you enjoy your dad time. :)

I am feeling rather depressed this morning,(I know I have beening whinning about this for the last few days, but you guys are the only ones who will listen) no weight loss again this the 6th day of the second week of P1 and I have stalled. I know I have to be patient but I don't wanna. (whine whine) Alright know that I have that out of my system. :^:
What do all you chicks have planned for this wonderful week-end. For me it is shopping with my oldest dd a little mother daughter time. And housework and laundry. I know don't fall off you computer chairs while reading the all about LC's exciting week end. I will try to keep the details to a minimum. Well I am off to read the other posts before I pick up my broom and dusting rag. Have a great Saturday.

little chick
08-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Morning Ruth we posted together. Enjoy your day sounds relaxing.

weezle
08-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, I feel much better today. Went to bed about 10 and got up about 8:30. Guess I just needed to sleep it off. Running late since I slept in, so talk to you all later. Have a fabulous Saturday!

Kiko
08-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Whew! It just took me over 45 minutes (with interupptions, of course) to catch up on the daily posts from this week!

Ruth I am thinking of you and praying for Harry. That has got to be so hard for you. Know that we love you and are here for you!

LC Your weekend sounds as exciting as mine. I didn't do a bit of housework last weekend, so now I have a ton of cleaning and laundry to do. UGH!!

Barb Congrats on your 40 pound loss! That is fantastic! :) Glad to hear that Brian's first few days of school went well.

Laurie Kick my butt into gear on the exercise! You are doing great- I have done nothing in the past few weeks. School is still good- I am worn out by Friday though, let me tell ya!

Waving hello to everyone else- I have been sitting in this computer chair ignoring DD for too long!

I am back to Phase 1 for the weekend to get myself back together. Not good, my friends.......

Barb0522
08-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Morning, everyone! I don't have too much planned today either. I'm taking one cat in for her shots and I need to get some produce at the grocery store. I also need to to finish up laundry, weeding, and sewing the last patch on my cub scout uniform. I might make it up to the city pool since it looks like it will be a warm day. I'm thinking of dragging out my bike and going for a ride. I really haven't ridden it since we bought it years ago.

Kiko- Good to see you back!

RNMOM
08-21-2004, 12:39 PM
You all sound like you're doing the typical weekend things.

Ellis give dad a love.

Barb, sorry about taking a cat to the vet. All I can envision are claws and yowls. My turn is coming up, we have two kittens that need to have their "tonsils" out.

Little Chick, you aren't whining. I'd feel that way two if I'd have phased 1 without great scale happiness. ;)

Ruth, just don't answer the phone and you'll keep your day to yourself!

Kiko, good luck with phase 1 for the weekend! Do some situps for me too K?

Weezle, hopefully the sleepin did you some good. I love Saturdays for that.

My daughters and I are off to Jackson Hole for a Highland Festival. Sounds like a riot. I love bagpipes! Jackson is a pretty place too.

Decided to "enjoy" the day and start phase 1 tomorrow. My daughter leaves for Texas tomorrow and I'll have an empty nest again. Well, except for the permanent residents, 21 year old that just got home from Japan, 18 year old ds that's just graduated and 13 dd that has a phone hanging from her ear 24/7. Anyway, tomorrow will be as normal as I'm going to get so I need to readjust my mind and get back to this!

Kiko
08-21-2004, 01:25 PM
RNMom Enjoy your day! With as consistent as you have been prior to this past week, you will drop the weight quickly. :) Glad you are having fun with your kiddos and grandkiddos.

Ellis With the exception of last night, I have been up until alomost 11:00 every night watching the Olympics. (I usually am in bed by 9:00 or so, so this is late for me!)

We just took a walk to the local playground and climbed around for a bit. It is warming up out there pretty quickly! I feel fat and bloated, haven't felt this bad in a long time. Glad I am nipping it quickly before it becomes weeks of being off program.

We are heading to my mom's for dinner- Chicken Capri and steamed green beans. She is getting back into SBD, so she was thrilled when I offered to cook dinner!

little chick
08-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Back from shopping. YEAH supplies are all bought. With the exception of whatever they will be asked to buy the first day of school. #1 dd is very excited she is a senior in middle school this year. She is sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor organizing all her binders and pens, pencils etc. We had a great mom and daughter day. Got the supplies, some make up for her and paint for my bedroom floor and walls. Had a nice lunch at Wendys I had a taco salad ( which I did not finish) and I did not even sniff her fries. Then we went to the Grocery store and picked up some veggies and some sf/ff fudgeicles. She was quite interested in the fact that I was reading all the labels and wanted to know why I was comparing products, so I gave her a nice little lesson in healthy eating and she didn't feel like I was nagging her. She was telling me how poorly her cousin ate and how she did not like fruits and veggies. I got to explain to her why I want her and her sister to eat healthy I think it sunk in. What a great day we had. Well I must go and do something in the line of housework which I did not do before we went out. :( A woman's work is never done.

ellis
08-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey, girls! :wave:

Ruth, a long tub with a book and a coffee sounds divine. :) I wish I could lie in the bath for more than five minutes without someone banging on the door or falling down the stairs or screaming in the backyard or ringing the doorbell ... But then, you deserve it so much more than I do, so I hope you enjoyed it. :rofl:

My goodness... my psychiatrist has been on vacation for almost four weeks. Until this week, I was thinking, "Hey! I'm doing really well! Maybe I won't need too many more sessions!" Well, I think I'm losin' it this week. I'm sitting here giggling hysterically. heh heh. Yes. I'm definitely losing it. :lol3:

Little Chick, you know you can always whinge to us, sweetie. We'll still love you. :grouphug:
It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter. You obviously have a good relationship with her. :)

Karen, I hope you're having a good time with your Mom! I'm with you... I've been eating badly for a couple of days, and I feel VERY bloated and uncomfortable. :mad: Let's get back on track!

Weezle, I hope you've caught up on your sleep!

RNMom, enjoy your "back to normal" life tomorrow! :) You deserve a break, my dear! :grouphug:
Everyone back on Phase I tomorrow? ;)

Barb, did you get your bike out? My DH is an avid biker, and I have a nice road bike. I just don't like the image I see in my head of my big butt on the seat. :lol:

I've just been coerced into seeing the new Exorcist movie this evening with my DD and her friend. Actually, I'm really dying to see it, too. :D

little chick
08-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Ellis I can't imagine watching that movie. I am the biggest chicken sh*t there was. I am a sappy love story which makes you cry movie girl. Enjoy the movie. Are you really going to watch it without a bag over your head. :lol:

ellis
08-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Darling, I'm going to watch it with a bag IN MY LAP! Phase I starts on Monday. I'm having popcorn!! :lol:
What's your favourite sappy movie?

little chick
08-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Ghost has to one of my fav's. I cry everytime I watch it. But I also cried at Free Willy and the Lion King.

Barb0522
08-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey, girls! :wave:

Barb, did you get your bike out? My DH is an avid biker, and I have a nice road bike. I just don't like the image I see in my head of my big butt on the seat. :lol:

No, I never did get the bike out. I need DH to unbury it from the corner of the garage and he was busy helping with parts that had come of Brian's scooter. Instead I took a couple of very long walks where Brian got to practice with his scooter. We also ran into a neighbor at the park and ended up spending a long time there so I didn't get much done.

Chicken Capri and cabbage/red onion is ready so I better go eat!

1busymomma
08-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Well girls, it's been an uphill battle today. This is the 6th or 7th time I've come in here to post and finally I think I may get some uninteruppted time.

I am so tired today. I think I'm groggy from the weather change. We went from 90 degree days to straight fog and rain this am. bleh. Talk about a mood killer. I love fall and back to school etc...but I also like a gradual change!

And then, it's been one thing after another all day today. First it was the dog who, after being taken out (while the neighbors are staring at me in my pj's lol) decides to poo on my living room rug. AGAIN.:mad: I was so mad I was ready to send him back to the pound where we rescued him from. This is a brand new house! I'm just getting really frustrated at the fact that he thinks my good living room is his personal toilet, and yes, we've tried crating him....using the spray to train....nothing helps. :( He is trained so I don't understand this behaviour at all. I can't wait until the fence in the backyard is up so he can go out and play.

Then, after that whole mess was over with and cleaned up, I decided to feed the fish. I fed the ones downstairs and then went upstairs to feed the ones in dd's tank. Only to discover that 1 had died. Now a normal size itty bitty fish would not gross me out. But these are huge goldfish, about the size of my fist in length and width. So I go armed with rubber gloves up to my elbows, a bag, and a fish net. Of course the kids want to know what I am doing.....bleh.

Then there is the food plan. Which got shot to bits because I officially cannot look at tuna. After giving the goldfish a proper burial, it just aint happening. All I can see is Jaws. So, I have eaten a lot of cheese today and I am pretty grumpy. I have to leave for work in a few minutes, I think I will take a salad. That seems safe.

Hopefully this evening will got better than today?!??! LOL.

HistoryChick
08-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey Ladies!

I keep thinking today is Friday for some reason....So today my older brother, his fiance, and his dog came down for dinner...We had steak...yum! He told me he could really see a difference in my weight...that my thighs looked smaller....which made me happy because my thighs are what i've always been worried about...however now....it's just my lower belly that I wish would just shrink........ugh...I went out to dinner with one of my best friends last night the one I went out with the other night...and we went to her friends house to watch a movie....the guy that I went bowling with was out....but he came by briefly and said hi to me and explained that he had to go to his sisters and read a bedtime story to his niece....(how sweet is that???) I have one question though....Why do guys have this invisible rule that they have to wait a couple of days before they call you? ugh...anyways I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend...I saw a double rainbow after the storm today...it was beautiful!

skherb
08-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Good evening ladies!!

Well we only have one child tonight!!!::): Other DD is at her 1st sleep over so we shall see if she stays. I think she will simply because she never wants to leave anyones house:rolleyes: So DH is playing with DD2 upstairs and I finally get the computer for a few Min. DH has been working on the computer all the time and grunts if I want to get on it for 5 seconds!:mad: MEn can't live without them and you can't shoot them. Leagally that is::crazy:
Sorry just frustrating. Well I am going to take these few minitues b4 hubby comes down to check my email and do some things. Hope everyone is haveing a good Saturdaynight,

Hey Little Chick did he like the new undies!! HEHE:cb:
BFN

Mamacita
08-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey Chicks~~

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Couldn't post this morning. I was chatting with my buddies and got booted off the computer on my Aunt Fanny...and couldn't get back in! :mad: Guess my ISP thinks I spend too much time here...ya think???

Today was more of an Atkins kind of day than SB. Had 10 Buffalo wings, 2 celery sticks and ranch dressing for lunch, then carne asada with grilled peppers and onions for dinner...okay had a little bit of spanish rice, too :o But all in all, I done good. No sweets at all.

Walked a mile at the mall...stopped for a bit to help DD pick out some new work clothes. New office, new dress policy. She had to take out her nose stud...AWWWW...poor baby! :D :rofl:

Also stopped by Bath and Body Works and got 5 bottles of antibacterial soap for me to use at the office. They were on sale.

Emily, where in Oregon are you? My sister and her family all live in Eugene. I love it there. :)

Ellis are you thinking of Michael Phelps? Pretty good, huh? But I was rooting for Canada in the trampoline last night, if that helps. Fell asleep before the event finished though.

Ruth, hope you enjoyed your soak. Love it when I can do that...which isn't often.

Little Chick, you've done so great, sweetie. Hang in there...it'll happen! :goodvibes:

History Chick, if you ever find out the answer to the "guy question" let me know. Until I met DH I was the queen of waiting by the phone. :( The double rainbow sounds beautiful. Last time I saw one was in Edinburgh, Scotland after a really heavy rainstorm.

Weezle, Kiko, Barb, Skherb Hello!! :wave:

Hope to be able to pop in tomorrow morning. See ya then.

Mamacita

little chick
08-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Morning chicks it is 3:45 here and I am wide awake. Thats what I get for falling alseep on the couch at 9 and waking up at 12 now I can't sleep, I am going to pay for this tomorrow. :yawn:

Mama- thanks for the encouragement. I am hanging in, I have stayed trued to P1 even though I am aggravated. I love those bath and body works stores. Glad you found a sale.

skherb- I have one dd away as well she went to her friends camp for the week end, I hope they are having a good time despite the fact that we had a wicked thunder storm. The undies worked like a charm. ;)

HistoryChick- great compliment. Must have made you feel like a million bucks. Wow a guy who reads to his niece how sweet. :cloud9: Went I first met my dh he called me 9 times the next day. I was at work and when I got home my sister shoves his number in my face and threatens to kill me if I don't call this freak back who keeps calling. I did, went to his place to watch a movie and we have been together ever since. And that was in 1986, hopefully this guy will be your Prince Charming. :love:

1busymomma- :lol3: sorry to laugh at your poor fish, but that just struck me funny. Poor thing I hope you can eat tuna soon.

Barb0522- sounds like you enjoyed your day even though you didn't get to bike.

Well it is now 4:00 I really need to try to go to sleep or I am going to look like this :tired: in the morning.

Mamacita
08-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Morning, Chicks~~

It was good until I went to make tea. I scalded my left hand. Not sure how bad, as it hurts too much to keep it out of ice water for too long. :stress: Yes, I am typing this one handed. DH is still asleep. If it doesn't stop feeling like it's still being burnt pretty soon, I may wake him.

Hope you chicks have a great day on the beach.

Mamacita

Barb0522
08-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Mamacita- So sorry about your hand. Please get it looked at if it looks like a serious burn.

I'm getting ready to eat breakfast and head out for a long walk while it is cool. I've got my list ready for the grocery store so that will be after my walk. I've also got to fix dinner early since I need to be at a cub scout planning meeting at 5 pm. Luckily it is only a 10 minute walk away.

Kiko
08-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Barb The early mornings and evenings have been so nice here in Dallas. I love it!

Ellis How was the movie??

LC Hope you got some sleep!

Was totally OP yesterday until my stepdad made a big batch of oil popped popcorn. It WAS good though......

Today is DH's birthday, not too much planned. He wants to go to his favorite burger joint, Snuffer's, for lunch today. They have a great salad with grilled chicken, eggs, and veggies, so I should be good to go. They also have the most wonderful cheese fries that have ever been created. I never order fries for myself, but ALWAYS eat off of DD and DHs plates. Fries are the one thing I haven't eaten since starting SBD, even the times that I have been off plan. So, I refuse to eat them! But, oh, how I love the french fried potato! :)

I am hoping today goes nice and slow.......... being back in the working world is kicking my butt!

Kiko
08-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Forgot to mention that when I weighed at my mom's last night (what I consider my "official" scale) I was still at my lowest 158. So, even with my evening snacking, I must be doing something right! Just think what I could get down to if I could do it ALL right! :dizzy:

HistoryChick
08-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

I woke up kinda early for the weekend....8:30....fixed some scrambled eggs and a glass of milk along with a bottle of water....fed the dogs.....took a shower...washed some clothes and took the dishes out of the dishwasher...I'm wide awake! Mamacita I don't think I'll ever get the answer to that question :lol: ....I hope your hand feels better...be sure to get someone to look at it! little chick, what a sweet story! 9 times I can't believe that! :lol: so cute! Not much planned today....was supposed to go over to that guy's place with my friend but she's at busch gardens today and said she'd call me when she got back so I dunno if I'm going over there to watch movies or not......we shall see.......or if I get a call..... :?: :) I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday...It's a BEAUTIFUL day here :)

weezle
08-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Ohhhh ladies, nobody roar on me. I was a baaaaaad, baaaaaaaad girl last night.

I drank beer. Not just 1 beer. Four beers. And I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. The temptation is strong to just going back to fat, dumb, and happy. Of course, I have enough will power to just not go back to where I was last night, but dang. That beer tasted GOOD. (We were at a lake club where I'm a member....they don't have red wine there.)

Of course, after the 4 beers last night, the scale didn't budge today. Still 140. I'm TRYING to confuse my body. It's just saying "Nope, you're 140 and I know it. No fooling me."

Tonight is PartyLite party at my house. I don't have to show the products, but I DO have to be a hostess. Ugh. Got up at 8am so we could go grocery shopping before Terry had to be at work at 11. Then I came home, put all the groceries away, helped Terry hang 2 new sets of miniblinds, and made the broccoli cheese soup (very tasty, might I add.) I made 2 pitchers of Crystal Lite for people to choose from. I've "picked up" the 3 bedrooms (our bedroom, the Eeyore bedroom, and the workout room) and just have to clean the living room, bathroom, and kitchen. After that, I have 2 appetizers to make and I'm DONE, once I get all the people out of my house. My whole house is only 800 square feet....I'm having 15-20 women over. So much for a day off, huh? Almost makes me ready to go back to work tomorrow.............almost, but not quite.

Hope everyone's Sunday is going well! Talk to you all later!

KristinJ
08-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Well my day has been ok but not OP, I've barely eaten and what I have eaten was cr@p. I did go grocery shopping however and have lots and lots of OP food. I'm going to jump on the Monday morning Phase 1 wagon with Ellis, Ruth and others.

I'm dying my hair back to its natural colour and it's almost time to rinse the dye. This is my bit of self care for the day. I had mentioned in a post from Thursday that one of my clients completed suicide this past week. I thought I was handling it ok but I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not. Her funeral is tomorrow and I'm still teetering as to whether to go or not. My guess is my decision will be last minute. I'm working tomorrow so it also depends on whether I can get someone to watch the phones (it's part of my dispatch shift). At least with me working, I'll already be dressed appropriately. I think the hardest thing for me is that I barely survived this past bout of depression and so I feel bad that I made it through and she didn't. I know 100% that I couldn't save her and don't feel badly that way. Hard to explain I guess. I picked up my new meds today and that bothers me that the dose is so high but I do recognize that it needs to be. I also need to find a psychiatrist but it's hard when I work with most of them regularly in my job. GRRRRRR! Frustration is trying to get the best of me I think. Well I'm going to soak my head and rinse the dye out. I'm sorry if this was a downer post but I needed to vent and didn't know where else to go.

Kristin

1busymomma
08-22-2004, 10:25 PM
((((((((((((((kristin)))))))))))))))))) I'm not even sure what to say so I will just offer hugs. Glad to hear you are pampering yourself, that should make you feel better.

mamacita: I live in a wee town called St. Helens, along the columbia river. It's on the other side of Portland (opposite of Eugene). Eugene is a 3 hour drive from here, but I've been there many a time for various reasons. How is your hand? I got a steam burn the other night when I pulled the tin wrap off of a dish right out the oven, i feel your pain!

LC: I can eat tuna again! LOL. I must have been more stressed yesterday than I thought cause I managed to actually open the can and eat the tuna without gagging.
lol.

Weezle: I can't yell, cause I just ate Chinese food for dinner. The kind dripping in sauce. With and egg roll. ;) At least I tried to minimize the damage by adding more veggies to the main dish and only eating approx. 1/2 cup of chow mein. I hope your party lite party goes well!

Chat tommorow, everyone!