Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-21-2004, 06:50 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - August 21st and 22nd

Good Morning !

I'm just sitting here drinking my coffee (((HEY WHERE'S APRIL)))???? Is she still on vacation ?

Well I got the sausage in the oven and some in the crock pot w/spaghetti sauce (for sausage & peppers), then its off to the Mall w/ DD and her cousins, then its home to clean for dd's party tomorrow.

Dog is about ready to to dig a hole here in my living room. She is so scared when we get thunder storms and boy, we got em. Its raining really hard. DH went to his shop to make sure he didn't flood or if he did or is going to, he will try to pick up his stuff...OY!!! Rainy season usually isn't until September but I tell yah, we've gotten hammered alot this august.

Whats going on w/you all ?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #2  

'Morning everyone! Am drinking my second cup of coffee after making a bit of breakfast. It's downright cold here again but sunny.

Today, I have some cleaning to do and laundry too.
Am making out the shopping lists. Our local do-it-yourself store has steel doors on sale so I think we'll pick one up for the door on the south side of the house. We have FOUR doors going out of this house and we have to replace three. I want to go to a crafting store as I'm making cloth and ribbon covers for those boutique sized tissue boxes that I have around the house.

I have to be certain to check all the windows soon since Roger wants to play with his new toy--a power washer. He wants to clean the exterior of the house as it seems so grubby.

Frankly, I SHOULD spend the day with my legs elevated, but it gets so boring. For the past nine days, I've been retaining water so much that I can barely put on my shoes. And, it hurts! Am doing all the right stuff, but I can't get that water out of me. I amcertain it isn't my heart as it has been doing just great lately. Am wondering if there isn't some hidden salt somewhere in my food.

For whoever asked how big my house is, I replied in the Friday thread!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #3  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Hey ladies!

I missed yesterday's thread. Boy the day flew by.

This weekend we have a busy one. Hubby's company picinic is today, then my parents over for dinner, then tomorrow my mother in law wants me to take her to costco, then she and my brother and sister in law over for lunch, then we're going to a local festival called August Court Days.

*thud*

I'm tired thinking about it. Maybe I'll be too busy to eat. :P

Kidlet and I are just getting over a mild (thankfully) stomach bug. Blech.

I did exercise this morning, 27 minutes, but I probably should have waited an extra day - my stomach's a little... ick... now.

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!!!
zannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #4  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

Leenie – Ya know, I was just about to ask that. Last I heard she went on vacation hehe Your spaghetti sounds yummy. Yer making me hungry I am cooking my potato and sausage Toscanna Zuppa tonight. I should try it in my slow cooker… kinda nervous that the potatoes will turn into mush hehehe..

Cin – Oh yes, he’s definitely a keeper! Ya know, I thought after 5 years we shouldhave been married by now. Now that we have been almost 8 years together… I’ve decided I wanna wait til I at least finish school. Another two years I hope. Then we can make plans. Oh and it has to be on an even year, so that could push it off another year yes, this goes back to the posts where we talked about superstition Even numbers for me… how silly huh? But we definitely plan on getting married. Oh and you all are invited to! You guys are just wonderful!

Tippy – sounds like a BIG house! You could fit almost 3 of my houses in your house hehehe… I have been asking James for a power washer… so he tried to build me one out of PVP pipe. It works well, but you don’t get the power like you do with those power washers You gotta love him for trying tho. I can’t wait til we get the back yard fixed up. I have so many plans I wanna do to it lol.

Zannie – Hey there… it sounds like this bug is going around big time. I know I had something. I kept saying I’ll wait just a little longer til I know I’m better for sure. You should hear my record. I was sick the last week of june for my vacation, then came home waited to get better, then I slept wrong or something and hurt my neck, waited til I got better, then I got sick with strep throat and scarlet fever. ICK! I’ve still got a bit of a cough, although I think that’s my asthma kicking in… but goodness… it really gets to you and really feel run down. Glad you are feeling better tho.

This weekend I am hoping to get some yard work done. We have a huge backyard! Basically, the folks that lived here previously didn’t water the ground at all. So front and back yards were brown and there was no grass… I called it hay. We’ve been in this house 3 years. It took us forever to do the front yard. That ground is hard as rock with not being watered for so long. I’m surprised the sod took to it. Now that we got the front yard fixed up, we are gonna start working in the back. Which means we get to play treasure map! Basically we have to hunt out all the sprinkler heads and flag them. Then we have to go and shovel off the top layer of dead weeds and hope to get everything. We have these like weeds that produce these spikey green balls, when they dry out they turn into nasty little suckers! We call them goat heads because the littler spikes fall off and there’s usually about 3 or 4 big spikes left and it looks like a goat with a beard Anyways, I’ve had a few runs in with them and the kid too. They popped her bike tires! Nasty things! Ah yes, well we’ll see how far everything goes… I still gotta get everything prepped heheh..

As I mentioned earlier to CIN, you guys are great! I feel like I know you all up close and in person. You are more like a family than a support group… I love you guys!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Last edited by SueMarie301; 08-21-2004 at 03:02 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #5  

Sue Marie, I'll share a tip on making your soil better.....bury your garbage. Seriously! A friend did this in the city when they bought a new house where the builder had scraped off all the top soil. She'd dig a hole about a foot deep and put in her vegetable peelings, coffee grounds, egg shells...anything biodegradable and cover it up. Then she'd dig another hole about 6 inches from it and repeat. By the end of summer, they put in a new lawn and it was wonderful. The garbage will decompose and make the ground more water friendly.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies

It's been a busy day around here, and nothing like I had planned. Dh has been having problems with his back (again) and he says it is because our bed is too soft. So I insisted that this is silly, he needs to be able to walk and work, so it is time to get a new mattress, and that we would get it for our 25th anniversary and cancel our plans to go to the lake (as ya'll know it has been one expense after the other around here).

So off we went to town to find the firmest mattress we could find. We laid on every mattress in the store several times, until we found the perfect one. It ended up costing us $840 for the set. Then we had to head to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a set of sheets to fit the 20 inch deep mattress. Did ya'll know that sheets for those things cost btwn $120 to $150! well I never! so we got a set for $130. needless to say we will only have one set of sheets for the bed! yikes!

They will deliver the mattress set on Monday afternoon.

Then we had a couple of other errands to run. Now I'm working on laundry and coloring my hair and fixin to wrap up my lesson for tomorrow morning.

I hope everybody has a great nite.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #7  
CIN

Hello Gals!
Well it is almost evening...................hubby and I had a nice Saturday......we walked this morning then had to be at church to welcome the new members..we are CARE Ministers over our zip code and met all the new members in our zip code..................after that we went to Farmers Market downtown.I forgot how much I enjoyed that! Bought some fresh corn & tomatoes.....had a yummy lunch and dinner at home today!

Repotted a couple plants..this evening. Made a few new signs for my traveler locaton of Weight Watchers.signs for new products ect!Little crafty colorful signs with a little pizazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Weather here is so great! Love cool mornings and evening!

Cathy ..................we bought a new matress a couple years ago and took it back.it was awful and it was a good one. We spent more $ and bought a tempurpedic....wow.............I can say I love that bed more than any item in my house. You can sleep on their beds 90 days and return if you dont like them! Just LAST night we spent BIG BUCKS big to me.dont ask how much.........and bought the pillows that go with the bed...I had an "inside connection" with a manager and got them half price. WOWWWWWWWWWW did I sleep better!

So I hope your new bed is everything you hope it will be cause ours was not.Until we bought the tempurpedic.

Sue.......you are so sweet...........you should go ahead now..why wait longer?Grab him gal!

See you all later
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:14 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !!

Well its the big girls 3rd birthday today HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE SWEETIE PIE!!!!
Yesterday we went to build a bear, the kids LOVED it, so did I. I actually got a kitty kat (don't ask why, I'm not a cat person lol) and I put a roaring lion's sound in it... kinda funny when you look at it. DD got the pink poodle and named it "NOODLE" lol

Today its beautiful out, cool and wonderful, that nasty storm we had yesterday knocked the humidity out and brought wonderful canadian air in ahhhhhhh great day for a party

I'm off to the food store in about 45 minutes, folks are coming here at noon so there is much to be done between now and then.

Cathy 120 bucks for sheets ??? OH LORDY!!! try Sears, I know they have deep pocket ones cheeper than that. My AireLoom is a deep matress and thats where I got them.

Cin, I hear ya on the cool mornings, we don't get many and I'm not gonna get to enjoy my coffee outside today but I am looking forward to next weekend (hopefullylol).

Tippy, girl, whats up with the water? did you call the doctor ? Iced tea, fresh brewed is a diaretic, peeeeeeee peeeeeee !!! Are you allowed that ?

Sue, make the potatoes in the oven and the sausage mixure in the crock. Potatoes do tend to get soft in the crock pot.. OR !!!!!!!!!! you can put them in more towards the end of the cooking time and not the full amount. Hey all you can do it try, and learn. next time you'll know what to do.

Zannie, how did your party go ? are you feeling better today. I give you credit for exercising when your sick...you rock !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIN

Cathy ..................we bought a new matress a couple years ago and took it back.it was awful and it was a good one. We spent more $ and bought a tempurpedic....wow.............I can say I love that bed more than any item in my house. You can sleep on their beds 90 days and return if you dont like them! Just LAST night we spent BIG BUCKS big to me.dont ask how much.........and bought the pillows that go with the bed...I had an "inside connection" with a manager and got them half price. WOWWWWWWWWWW did I sleep better!
I've never "known" someone who actually bought the tempurpedic bed....I want one sooooo badly!! Can I ask how much it costs? What size did you get?
Thanks!

Rose
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:36 AM   #10  

Hi everyone

It has been a weekend of accomplishments. I start a 6 stretch of days today so I felt the need to get organized. I got both the girls their before school haircuts, dentist and school shopping done. That feels good. There just wont' be time in the evening for that sort of thing...and I want the remainder of our holidays to be relaxed after I come home from work.

They start back to school Sept 1. I work straight days weekends off until then. I have the first part of sept mostly off so I can get us back into the swing of things.

Hubby has been busy at our local fringe theater since we got back from holidays so I am not getting much help with the things I want to get done around the house. I am going to have to hire people I guess. He really believes in living life to the fullest in the moment and not worrying about the details (I have to think this way or I would kill him).

I have been keeping up with all the posts this weekend. Does anyone know what is happening with sweet? or kemp?

My new bed is heavenly and my hubby hasn't complained of a sore back since we got it. We have a store called winners here and it is name brand stuff that has a good hunk of the price knocked off...they have a sister store called Home Sense where you get the deep high thread sheet count sheet for a reduced price....if you pay more you get a higher thread count and the sheets are so much nicer and last longer....if you get the lower thread count I think they wear down a bit sooner.....so it is six or one half a dozen of the other......for the first time when we got our new bed I bought higher thread count sheets and the duvet and cover and it really does make for a more luxurious sleep.

Cathy good luck with that new bed.....you can make your own anniversary fun with breakfast in bed.

Leens glad the party was a hit......the making of stuffed animals sounds like a blast.

Cin sounds like you are having a nice weekend.

Zannie glad you are feeling better.....don't be so busy

Sue Marie sounds like you have your work cut out for you...yard, school, etc.....it is nice that James makes the effort to help around the house.....that is half the battle.

Tippy hope you are putting those feet up!~

Rose I am not too sure about that type of bed either.

I am just about done my coffee and will head off to work........It has been nice to have a break but I am ready to get back at it.....if only I wasn't dealing with my cycle...........need to get back to work to get back in a bit of a routine and pay some bills.....it sure helps that I love what I do.

Have a good one everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #11  
CIN

Default Rose

Rose
It was a full size......mattress and special box springs..........around $1300 but comes with a long warranty and has a removable washable cover on it....I wouldnt trade it for anything......the pillows are dreamy.....!

Like I said they offer 90 days and you can still return it if not pleased....now that is a long time.The other one was from Lazarus and we had 30 days to decide................it was a pain to have them pick it back up since we threw our old one away but a choice I will never regret!

Tempurpedic has mattress covers to....that fit on top of your mattress..I hear they are great too!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:57 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

Tippy – Bury your garbage… hehehe. That sounds interesting. Nothing like California Clay Soil! I’ll pass that tid bit of information onto James. Thanks!

Cathy – We are looking for a new mattress too! Except, 840 sounds like a really nice price! All the ones we have been looking at are like 1200 – 1600 blech. Something about firm mattress with a pillow top LOL. It’s amazing allthe new technology they have even for beds! Back care, Temperpedic, This zone, that zone hehehehe But we are also looking at a California King bed, because I’m a kicker and he’s a drooler JUST KIDDING, in all honesty, I’m a bed hog and he’s a cover hog

CIN – Hi there as part of my fathers benefits for the military, they will pay his dependents to go to school. So I have my tuition paid for as long as I am single. I have thought about it. I mean, we did set two dates so far LOL, something always comes up. Wether it be money, or family emergencies… sometimes it feels like a curse. But I know that once I finish school, and have a good full time job, any money situation should be handled a bit better than they have been.

Leenie – HAPPY BDAY TO the Birthday girl!!! Exactly right on the crock pot theory. I will try it out next weekend, this way I’ll have time to start it in the morning AND if it goes kinda funky, I have time to whip something else up

Liz – Sounds like you got a lot done during the weekend! We had nice weather here as well and got much accomplished. Thank Goodness! James does a lot around here, if anyone doesn’t do much work its me, but I do keep the inside tidy. I figured since I haven’t been doing much of my exercise videos, I should at least help with yard work. I sorta slacked off with helping in that department. He doesn’t complain, so I do the complaining for him LOL and told him next time he needs to kick my rear in gear to help him hehehe…

It’s been a good weekend…got a lot of stuff done, OH! But umm… I didn’t wash my car yet LOL I know I know… I will do it! Sometime before the next rain fall… which is California, that’s like saying I’ll see you next year LOL! I’m gonna get going. I still have to get my two other computers set up. I just need to transfer stuff over. But I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong with my network connection between Brits computer and my desktop. Once I figure that out, I can get everything I need transferred over. It will be slow, but at least I’ll get it done hehehe…

You ladies take care!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey you know what i noticed... my little emoticons don't move. Is that an XP thing? Cause they used to giggle now it just stares at me LOL!

Any ideas?