Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 04:12 PM   #1  

Default When to start?

I am really anxious to start on my SBD journey, but want to make sure I can do it right and not cheat. I also don't want to keep making excuses as to why I haven't started - but the balance between being realistic in my goal of starting and sticking with it is being squished.

I have friends from out of state coming in on Wed. I will be stuck in hotels, out and about and at the Renaissance Faire. All places where even if I wanted to be good, I'd not likely get enough info to make informed choices.

Should I just wait until they go home and things settle into routine? If so, what can I do to make some small steps towards doing it right, without officially starting?
Old 08-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #2  

hi there lilwolfe welcome to the beach!!! congrats on your decision to start a healthy way of life. there is a ton of knowledge in this forum. so check in often. great job loosing so far!!! you might want to try posting on the main south beach sec. fat chicks on the beach there is a daily thread there stop in and introduce yourself. as far as when to start that is totally up to you if you don't think you are ready to commit to phase one while your buds are in town then pick a starting date as a goal and stick to it!! good luck!!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I would wait -- those 2 first weeks are really important. That way you won't have any excuses, you know?

Congrats and good luck!
Old 08-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  
i luv my dog!

Some small steps to start getting into the SB groove would be to make the best possible choices you can while your friends are there and you are out and about. Examples would be to have a burger w/out the bun, skip the fries and have water instead of soda.
I don't eat sweets very much, but many here have reported having sugar withdrawals during Phase 1 so if you have a sweet tooth, start weaning yourself from those types of foods, also.
An easy point to remember and get in the habit of is "no white stuff" such as sugar, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread and things with flour in them.
Good luck!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:06 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lil, you might want to wait until things settle down. You have much more flexibility in Phase 2, but in Phase 1, you really need to do it right without any cheats for it work properly.

Check out the information in the stickies in this FAQ for more info, and welcome!
Closed Thread