South Beach Diet - Thursday Beach Chat 08/19

View Full Version : Thursday Beach Chat 08/19

Mamacita
08-19-2004, 06:47 AM
Good morning, Chickies~~:coffee:

I've already posted my menu on Ellis's "Menu Thingy" thread. :)

Had some weird dreams last night. There was one that was very disturbing. I was at the lab and a woman I'd never met came in and asked me to help her get a body out of her PT Cruiser. Apparently she was some sort of EMT. Anyway, inside was the body of a kid no more than 12 or 13. She said he'd died from a crack overdose and was one of Dr. D's patients. He'd requested to see the body before it was sent to the morgue. Is that not disturbing??? Not to mention completely ICKY!! :eek:

Had a pretty good day yesterday, but I'm still paying for that steak dinner the other night. I think I'm having a mild gall bladder attack. Dull, nagging pain about 2" below the sternum. Ugh. :( On the bright side, that's been keeping me on the straight and narrow. Nothing like a little discomfort to kill the urge to eat. :lol:

Well, need to get my shower. I'll pop back in after I'm dressed for work.

Everyone have a great day on the Beach! And drink your water...it's gonna be a scorcher today.

Mamacita

KristinJ
08-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Good morning everyone!

I still have a bit of a headache but I think it's going away which pleases me to no end. I tried the Chicken Capri for dinner last night and it was EXCELLENT! Today is pay day so I will likely stop on the way home from work tonight to pick up a few things.

Today is day 3 of Phase 1 and I feel really good with the exception of being a little tired but that is related to the medication change from Friday.

Well my kitties are crying for their morning treats so I'm going to go but I'll check back tonight when I get home to see how everyones day went.

Have a good one!

Kristin

ellis
08-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Mamacita, what a disturbing dream! :yikes:

Kristin, it's payday for us, too. :lol: I'll be picking up some healthy food today. AND some toilet paper. I can't believe how quickly a 24 pack disappears. :D

Laurie, I hope the stress lets up for you soon, sweetie. :grouphug:

I'm going to the gym this morning. :dance: And then I'm going to crawl back into bed.
I'm seeing "Super Size Me" this evening with my friend James. He suggested McDonald's for dinner, and I'm so slow lately that it took awhile for it to kick in that he was joking.

Ruth, I hope you're sleeping in. It's a dreary old day. :grouphug:

Enjoy today, girls! Talk to you later... :wave:

Shequila
08-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Good morning Chickies,
Another gloomy day here in DC. The rain has held off so I am still able to walk at lunch, though only anout amile and a half. At least it's something right??? I for the most part stayed on plan, well with the exception of the rosemary bread...small piece I promise. And I guess the Int'l Delight low carb creamer isn't op because of the hydrogenated stuff, but I am glad I am the only one who indulges in it. I'll try the SF syrups if I can find something. I went grocery shopping last night, so we've got lots in the fridge and pantry to snack on. Someone somewhere asked me what was in the Soy and flax seed tortilla chips I get...wellI am sad to say it has stone ground yellow corn, soy grits, brown flaxseed, corn or sunflower oil, sea salt water and traces of lime. 8g of fat(1g sat, 3.5g polyunsat, 3.5g monounsat) 8 net carbs for approx 15 chips. They are from Trader Joe's and they are all I eat. I love the nutty flavor. They might not be the best, but I need something crunchy when I have a sandwich or eat my guac. :o

Mamacita-I hate when I have disturbing dreams like that....they stay with me all day I can't seem to shake off that freaked out feeling. Sorry about your gall bladder attack. I hope you are feeling better soon :grouphug:

Kristin-sorry to hear about your headache. Did you used to drink caf. coffee before starting SB? If you switched to decaf, thenthat could bet he reason for your headache. We've switched to halfcaf to avoid the headaches and at work all I drink is decaf. Hope you are able to get rid of it soon

ellis-I promise you will never want to eat another thing from McDee's after you see "Supersize me". I saw it about 3 mooths ago, and haven't been since. It's done well and entertaining, but it help with your self control if you like fast food.

Everyone else have a great day on the beach...only one more day until the weekend! :cp: :dance:

Sheila

skherb
08-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Good Morning all!
Well It is poring down rain here. We got woken up at around 5 am to a huge clap of thunder. I guess I will be trying out that carpool line this AM. I can't try to get DD in to school carring DD2 in the rain, we will all be soaked and sick if I do that.
Ate prett much everything I said with the exception of some beans. I was just so hungry still so I had a can open so I ate the rest. I hate that TOM :bomb: I just want to stuff my face at that time.
Well for those of you who were part of the chicken saga yesterday. It did not taste like formalihide:yikes: But it was not that great either. The chicken was dry and the rice was too flavorful. Oh well that how you learn right!:dunno:

Well have to go get DD and chang what we picked out for school since the rain.
Mama What a weird dream!! What did you eat b4 bed????
Kiristen glad the hedache is gone. Feel better
Ellis Can you take my but with you to the gym:tread: I have got to workout and soon!!

Talk to you all later. ::):

Shequila
08-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Morning SKherb-We must have posted at the same time....Sorry about the chicken and rice yesterday...I haven't tried it and don't think I will be now? Sorry...Have a great day!

little chick
08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Morning chickies... it is a dreary day here as well but they are calling for the sun to come out this afternoon. I hope they are right. I spent the afternoon at the neighbourhood beach with the kids and was hoping to take them again today. Cheap entertaiment. Still OP which I am sure is some kinda of record for me. It is getting harder as I am running out of OP foods I really need to get to the store. As soon as everyone pays me.

Mama- that sounds like a horrible dream. I hope the belly feels better soon.

Kristin- Glad the head is feeling better. Nothing worse than that.

Got to go I will be back have to make a list of school supplies for the dh.

skherb
08-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Sheq we posted at the same time. Good for you staying OP. The SF syrups are good. If you have a TJMAX near you they have them sometimes and they are way cheaper than the grocery or specialty shops.

RNMOM
08-19-2004, 08:38 AM
:) Sounds like you are all good,,,,,well, except Mama, that dream needs some serious anaysis................................ :p

Ellis take me to the gym with you...........I'm losing it!

KristinJ, sounds like dinner was good. Tomorrow is pay day and I'm going to stock up on chicken breasts. Going on sale for $1.99 per pound! Sorry about the headache :(

Shequila, the soy chip thingys sound really yucky! Do they taste better than they sound? Amazing what we are willing to eat now, huh?

SKherb, I'm with ya on the ToM thing. I want to eat the wallpaper!

Little chick, I would love to spend some time on the beach. Hopefully it will warm up for you and you can be a beachbum all day.

Well, my familly starts leaving today. I'm sad and glad at the same time. I'm going to miss those little boys and I don't know when we'll see everyone again. It will be good to be able to start cooking normally now. My daughter leaves for Texas on Sunday and then it will be as normal as it's going to be. My son is still trying to get normal after spending two years in Japan. He still takes off his shoes at the front door. That's OK with me!

Having a hard time sticking to my resolve to be OP. Need to find the drive and determination I had. I've lost it. If anyone has found it could you PLEASE return it???????????? :D

little chick
08-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Sorry chicks back DH was on his way out the door to get his check and wanted to pick up some school supplies so I had to make him a list.

Ellis hope you have a great time at the gym. Do some exercising for me too will ya. I don't seem to have any ambition to do any exercising.

skherb- sorry the chicken recipie didn't turn out all that great. But maybe you had the thought of formalihide running around your head. :lol:

Shequila- the chips sound yummy. I wish we had a Trader Joes here. We don't have a huge selection of good eats here in little old New Brunswick like you guys do.

I did notice at the Co-op the other night that the low products have a new noodle out. Kinda like Lipton one was Tomatoe Basil and the other Alfredo has anyone had these and are they legal? Anyone now any more details on these?

Well chicks have a great day I must go do some laundry ( I pulled an Ellis and left a load in the washer a day or two to long.) :halfempty
I will check in later if I can get back to the puter. That is if the kids will let me near it. :lol:

justjodi
08-19-2004, 08:43 AM
morning chickies,
it is raining an blah here today, had a hard time getting out of bed but i did force myself to choke down breakfast and packed my lunch for today. i was able to get through all the errands yesterday little ds is sporting new eyeglasses and dd is now wearing contacts. the cable guy came and pushed this little button on the back of my modem and the phone and dsl started working again instantly (couldn't they just have told me to do that on the phone?) so i felt a little stupid :( . i got on the scale this am and i am at 239 almost back to my siggy weight. during my whining and foot stomping phase i made it back up to 244 so i am happy about the number. i am now hopefully coming out of the whining and foot stomping phase. i won't say i am done with it totally yet but this has been a good week so far. thank you all for so much support!!!

mama i hate those bad dreams, hope the gall bladder gets back in line.

skherb good luck with the car pool.

shequila what a beautiful pic of you!!! have a great day.

lc i hope you get to go back to the beach so the kids don't get ....what is it that you called it??? shack wacky??? still cracks me up!!!! have a good day.

ellis good luck at the gym hope you catch some good zzzz's when you get back.

hello to anyone else that i missed have a great day.

Ruthxxx
08-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Wow! I don't get on at 5:30 as usual and look at all the Early Chicks!

As I whined to Ellis and Beachgal, I am having trouble with this site being too slow for me. My garden website is fine but this one drags. So if I don't respond to everyone's post, I still love you all - just getting frustrated at having to wait so long for a post to open or be displayed. There! I'm done griping! for now :lol:

It's a dreary looking day here this morning. DH didn't get up until just a few minutes ago. he's eating breakfast and then has to do a quick shave as we are due at the Doc at 9:30. It's the quarterly diabetic followup when we get bloodwork results and Dr. Jack checks to see if we are still moving! It will be interesting to see if Harry has gained any weight in the last week since we got the 128 pound shocker news. I have been giving him "extras" and, until last night, resisting his Frankenfoods. However, two sugar-free ice cream sandwiches just lept from the freezer into my mouth last night! Guess who has the runs this morning from the sugar alcohols. :shrug:

I'll let you know what the blood results are when I get back. And I'll read through all the posts when I have more time.

Shequila
08-19-2004, 09:23 AM
I really like the soy chips, I have from the start. Not something I had to get used to. they are little different from your regular tortilla chips, but I don't think they are yucky! I love trader joe's...they have different things and alot less expensive prices than the regular grocery store.

RNMOM thanks for the compliment about the pic.....I think it's the background of San Diego harbor that makes me look good.....And thanks to Ruth fixing it and helping to get it up there

Barb0522
08-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Good Morning, gals! As skherb said, it is raining cats and dogs here in the Dallas area. I had one moment of panic on the way to work when I had cars on all sides of me and an SUV drenched my little Focus for about 10 seconds. I couldn't see anything and I knew the road was curving! Nobody hit me and I'm safe at work so it is okay but it sure got my adrenaline going!

Today is the first day of school for DS. Since he got to meet his teacher earlier this week, he was fine with me dropping him at day care and he will take the bus to school from there. He is so much more grown up than when he was starting first grade last year.

Ruth - I've noticed the same thing about the web site. When I connect from work (on a very fast LAN line), there are times when the site is very slow. At other times it is fine. I take it as an indication that I should be working more and posting less and go back to work for awhile. :rofl:

We had the Pizza Meat Pie last night for dinner. I didn't like the flavor from the powdered milk (of course it might just be that my powdered milk was too old). Did anyone else try it and notice an aftertaste from the milk?

skherb- I've had problems with chicken getting dry in the crockpot too. Especially if I cook it too long. As long as I cook it for the minimum time it is usually okay but that is tough when I am gone at work all day so I don't use my crockpot as much as I could. If anyone is interested in crockpot recipes, there is a Yahoo group for crockpot recipes. I probably have hundreds of recipes saved from the group although I don't use very many.

skherb
08-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Ok made it throught the carpool line! WOW was that a line!!! I waited in line for over 20min and told DD she was walking in by herself and that she needed to go right to her classroom since the bell had already rung. I guess we will have to leave earlier on rain days:yikes: I do not do mornings well.::(:

Got on the scale and it hasn't really budged. I am hopeing I am retainging water because of the time it is. I will try again early next week and hope for better results.
Have a good day. And try to stay dry everyone!

2kewt2bfat
08-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Hello Ladies,
I've been lurking for a couple of days now. I decided
to introduce myself and let ya'll (TX) know I was here :)

smilintwins
08-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Morning chicks!!

Not much new to report really. The pulled pork in the crockpot came out fabulous and was very yummy. Will definitely be buying more of that!!

I vow to get my butt to kickboxing class tonight. And I am thinking about doing P1 next week, I am just not losing much weight right now and I know it is because on Sat-Tues when I am home all day, I am not eating properly. Not off plan, but not a plan if that makes sense.

I want to respond to everyone, but someone is lurking outside my office. More later!!

kvixen
08-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Mornin' ladies. Sounds like everyone has had such an interesting and busy day thus far. I have been super lazy because I was on the phone with the Dell guy trying to reinstall my system until 12:30, then he promised he'd call back in an hour, and guess what? He did NOT call back! :mad: I was not a happy chicklet at 2 am waiting to speak to someone new. I have no time in which to call during the rest of this week either, so yet another week without my computer at home working. :(

However, today I get to have lunch with my little muffin pies- the kids I nanny for. :hat: I haven't seen them in a few weeks, and they are getting big- 6 and 8, soon to be 9. I have known them since birth, so it is hard watching them grow. I tell them I will put bricks on their heads so they stay little. They love that.

I am very sorry to hear that the Pizza Meat Pie tasted funny, I am counting the days til Phase 2 when I can chow! I am such a veggie person, I am happy to eat vegetarian, but man, would I kill for pizza right! :hun: (I am also obsessed with these smileys!)

Well, my coworker just walked in and she was given tickets to PRINCE out of the blue last night! So jealous! At least the sun is out here in Boston (supposed to go away this afternoon). Sorry for all you Beachers stuck in rain! :rain:

sweet tooth
08-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone:

My, my, my, aren't we early birds today. I can't believe the number of posts before 7:00. I will just never be up before everyone else starts posting in the mornings.

Jenn - Sorry to hear that you are down in the dumps. Take a deep breath. Remind yourself that you are a great person and look forward to starting SBD once more. Don't look back - unless you are thinking of all the compliments that you have received for how far you have come already. You CAN do this. Chin up, now.

Mamacita - I have always wondered what it is like to dream - I either don't dream, or can't remember any of them. Your story, though, has finished that wish for me. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

Kristin - Hopefully the headache is just a result of not drinking caffeine. I know that when I go off caffeine I usually get a headache for about 4 days, then it stops and I am fine. Take care.

Ellis - I have heard about "Super Size Me," but haven't seen yet. Give us a rundown tomorrow. Have fun, and don't take anything to eat while you are there.

Sheila - WTG, I admire you for stepping out and trying different things. I'm afraid that I am not as adventurous with my food as that...I tend to find things that I like, that I know are OP and stick with them. It's rather a boring existence, but I excuse it away by saying that I don't have time. I think it would be better to say that I don't have time to worry about me, which is probably not a good thing, either. Things will need to change here.

skherb - I can't believe all the rain. Usually, we have a summer filled with rain and everyone else is dieing in the heat. This year we have had a hot summer - I even have to water my plants - and only the occassional shower (other than a major flood a few weeks ago, but the weather only lasted one evening). I guess we must count our blessings where we can. Hope everything works out getting DD to school. It is always a concern when you are worrying about the care of liitle ones. Sorry to hear about the chicken. As the others were saying, I usually don't care for chicken in the crock pot. It does seem to get very dry...I wonder if there is something that can be done to rectify that.

LC - Enjoy the beach. I live on the prairies and there is no beach in sight. Wish we had the pleasure of going to the beach for an afternoon. There is nothing better or more entertaining for kids.

RNMOM - Party's over girl!!! Now it's back to OP eating. Get goin' NOW. :goodluck:

Jodi - Congrats on the weight. You are doing so well. Keep it up.

Ruth - Good luck with the doctor's appointment. Hope the news is good. Thinking about you.

Barb - It's great to see kids as they grow up and become more independent. Sounds like Brian has developed confidence to start to do things on his own. I can remember when my DD was about 3 and we would drop her off at day care. She was adamant that she was old enough to go in by herself, take her coat off and put her lunch away. We would have to sneak in behind her to make sure that she was OK, but could never let her know that we were checking up on her. They are all so smart...

I spent 2 hours weeding the flower bed last night. We haven't been out in the yard for about a month, so it is confirmed to be "OUT OF CONTROL." I must get out tonight as well. Our neighbour has listed his house, so we need to get the yard in fairly good condition, or it will affect the sale of his home. Oh for the days of a small yard and little yard work...

I am also planning to do the hour power walk routine again today. I figure that if I can get through it for the next week, that it will become easier. That's the theory, now I just need to convince myself.

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Don't do anything that I wouldn't do ;)

chris40
08-19-2004, 10:20 AM
I wanted to check in a say I've been in control of my food for the last two days, that's a good feeling.even drank a lot of liquid, which I don't like. While traveling this last three months I became addicted to the southern iced tea complete with lots of sugar, I knew I had to give that up so I made it with splenda and it was almost as good. So, I drank that all day to get my water, plus I also drank a quart of water. That's hard for me to do..... I have to lose about 120 pounds, so I'm going to try to change some of my bad habits and that's going to take awhile, I have many,ha,ha.....

weezle
08-19-2004, 10:52 AM
I know I'm late.....

After I freaked out at my scale last night, I went out and had 2 glasses of red wine (and HORRIBLE wine, at that, if it makes any of you feel any better) so I ended up sleeping in awhile today. No bump on the head (I drank water in between glasses) just wiped out. Alcohol just conks me out.

Well, I figure that had I not freaked out on my scale and eaten FRANKENFOOD and had pasta and 2 glasses of wine, I'd probably be in the 130's today, because I'm still 140 right on the nose. Sigh. I don't like stalling. Today I'm doing more exercise (never got to it yesterday....drank instead) and sucking down a lot of water.

Only have to work 2-7 at Job #2 today. Kinda dreary outside....doesn't look like any sunshine. (Ain't no sunshine when she's gone....)

Everyone have a fabulous day! :tired:

HistoryChick
08-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

I too had a weird dream last night....well once I was able to get to sleep...Didn't fall asleep until 3:30 maybe.....I got home LATE around 2:30....I had a great time bowling last night...and the guy my best friend wanted me to meet was a really nice guy and funny too...I think we hit it off...cuz we did exchange numbers and by the end of the night there was some hand holding :) I made a reeeeeeeeeeeeally smooth moove last night...I went up to bowl and well I guess my fingers were slippery from whatever they put on the bowling balls and well........the ball went flying backwards.....the wrong way :o :lol3: yeah I made an impression alright..... :lol: I was very good I didn't have any beer.......or wine...although it was very tempting...I know I could have had wine...but it tends to make me sleepy...So I'm supposed to go over to his place on Sunday with my best friend and watch a movie with him and his roommate....should be fun! Well I hope you ladies are having a wonderful day...Everyone is just busy posting I see!! :)

1busymomma
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Morning....

Well I think I was well on my way to a loss last night (that naggy feeling I get where I just wanna eat). But inevitbly I squished it like a nasty bug cause we ended up having pizza for dinner. I tried really hard and got the de-lite pizza, which is mostly like eating a pound of cheese with a little bit of topping and a super thin crust.

But....................I ate to much of it. :( and then I was so hungry I ate some of the kids regular pizza. I'm suprised I'm not bloated today like a cow. I eventually managed to stop myself and drink tea instead.

I've just come to the sad conclusion that I can't eat pizza, it's a trigger food. :( :(

So back to the drawing board. It's phase 1 again today. I jumped on the scale and I am still the same weight, I hav'nt budged either way since last week even though last night was a phase 3 maintenance night. lol. I think I need more water, I am really bad at that.

Not much else going on, I'm getting my nails done this morning and then spending time with my daughter. She was screaming last night for her dad who basically decided to cut himself out of their lives this last April, very long story. So I'm thinking we will go birthday shopping for my DS who turns 6 next week and then maybe to the park for some extra attention time.

Gotta run, I want to get caught up on postings before I have to leave. :) Chat later! :D

jenne1017
08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Morning ladies!

Welcome to all you newbies! We're here for you (albeit sometimes late) if you need us.

I was doing so well this morning, and then screwed up -- lox, cream cheese, everything bagel. But instead of throwing the whole day away, I am going to stick to it and stay OP for the remainder. I have to do laundry tonight or I'd get to the gym (i've taken a week off apparently). Perhaps I can go for a walk while the clothes are in the washer and/or dryer.

Sorry I haven't been responding to you all indivisually as I usually do. Things are just busy as well as the fact that I feel like I've let you all down in getting so off track. Who the heck am I to cheer someone up when I feel like crapola too (could it be all those darned carbs???????)

Promise to be back in full-swing soon!

Jenn

little chick
08-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi RN were must have posted at the same time. I am sure you are going to miss you little grandsons. You will have to put the stero on so the house won't seem so quiet. So I guess I have to send my family to Japan to get them to take their shoes off. Why I never thought of that. :lol:

Sweettooth- no beach today it is now raining. :( :rain:

Jodi- don't laugh it is not a pretty site when 10 kids get shack whacky.... come on over some rainy afternoon and you will soon run for cover. The older kids think we should go to the beach even in the rain. :dizzy:

1busymomma- pizza is a trigger for me as well. I can't stop at one slice, the poor kids have not had it in awhile. With the exception of the small 4 pack and that was it. Bake it and eat it then it is goine. Sorry to hear that your wee one is upset about her dad. MEN. (they can be such asses) Take care yourself and give her a big hug for me.

HistoryChick- glad to hear the date went well. Hope all works well. Take care.

weezle- to bad about the wine, nothing worse than having a splurge and then it sucks. :lol: Go to bed early tonight and get rested up. As for exercising I am with you I have done nothing in that department. I too really want to get down to the next set of numbers. I just need a pound you think that would be easy.

chris40- you must be spending lots of time in the potty room with all that water and Iced tea. :lol:

little chick
08-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey Jen we were posting together. Hope you have a great day.

smilintwins
08-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Sorry I haven't been responding to you all indivisually as I usually do. Things are just busy as well as the fact that I feel like I've let you all down in getting so off track. Who the heck am I to cheer someone up when I feel like crapola too (could it be all those darned carbs???????)
OK you, when you are having a rough time is when you SHOULD be posting. Let us be your strong shoulders and help get you out of this funk. Start :write: and let us know what is up...

We are here to help everyone get and stay on track. Your success so far is amazing and inspiring. And your tale, even the upswings on the scale, are a lesson in healthy weight loss. Its what tells me that you will keep the weight off. I mean that, I am not just :blah:

Come on, climb back OP. You can do this.

jenne1017
08-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks Jen!

sweet tooth
08-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you have a great time at the beach...

kvixen
08-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Gosh, ladies, you are all being so good! I was supposed to have a nice healthy lunch, but alas, small children have a way of making you fall off the wagon. I had soup (good for me) however, also had eggplant parm and gelato and then someone offered me a chocolate and I sucuumbed to peer pressure. Now I feel like I want to die.

You are all fabulous though, I love seeing how supportive you all are! Congrats!

beachgal
08-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I keep posting later and later! :dizzy:

Mama, I hope your gall bladder is feeling better! Is something wrong or is this an issue you've always had?

Kristin, having two sheeps in a row confused me! I thought Mama was posting again! :lol: You have kitties? Yay for furkids! How many and what are their names? Glad day 3 is a bit easier for you. Bet you'll feel amazing by the end of the week!

Ellis, you sweetheart! Thanks! :grouphug: Enjoy the movie! I can't wait until it comes out on video so I can see it! Know the feeling about being slow! Oy! :p

Shequila, I love Trader Joe's! :yes: Please don't feel like I'm picking on you...I'm not...I just want to be helpful. :goodvibes: If you need crunch, what about carrots, celery, jicama (that is awesome stuff and perfect with guac!), red pepper strips, etc? If you HAVE to have a chip, try sweet potato chips. I found great ones near me, and I think Ruth had some the other day. I can look at the brand for you if you want. Or perhaps Triscuits? They are crunchy and salty and good, but they are OP in Phase 2! :D The corn in the chips you are eating will really mess up your weightloss. At to the movie, did you hear that Mc. D's is in financial trouble? I heard something like that on the radio at the gym yesterday, I think. Perish the thought! :lol:

SKHerb, here's hoping you can get the best of your TOM! :grouphug:

LC: CONGRATULATIONS on staying OP!!!! :cp: :high: :cheer: :cp: I am so PROUD of you, girl!!! :D

It sounds like Ellis needs to head up a huge gym caravan! (can we get dim sum afterwards? :lol: )

RNMom, you kill me! "I want to eat the wallpaper!" indeed! :lol3: Okay, here goes: :drill: You can do this, RNMom, and you WILL! :hyper: You've done so extremely well! Look back to your post about how none of the other food really tasted good...think of all your success, hunker down and get going! You are so healthy and need to keep it up! Check out some new recipes, get excited about OP food and get going, chickie! :grouphug:

Jodi, so silly that they couldn't have told you about the button over the phone! Oh well, at least it's working. :D CONGRTULATIONS on losing that weight...off you go into virgin territory! :cb:

Ruth, I hope DH's visit goes well and he's put on a bit of weight. I think you are remarkable for staying away from all those treats! Oh man, sugar alcohols and ice cream sandwiches...those are the ones that made me so sick! :tied: I can't go near them, but boy did they taste good at the time! :rolleyes:

Barb, how scary! :yikes: I'm glad you are okay! :D

2kewt: welcome! :wave: Glad to see you in the daily and your avatar pic is adorable!

Jen, would love to hear the recipe for the pulled pork!

Kvixen, so sorry about your computer...hope it gets fixed soon! :grouphug: Prince tickets? :yikes: Oh man, I would love to see him in concert!!! :D Please don't beat yourself up on the chocolate thing. Instead, hold that memory inside for the next time you feel like succumbing to peer pressure and don't do it! :jig: Let everyone near and around you know that you are slimming (I love the British way of saying dieting...sounds much better!) and help them help you stick to it! You can do this, girl!!! :cheer:

Peggy, I feel you on the weeds. I spent an hour or so in the yard last weekend just doing the two front beds. I got over 15 mosquito bites in return...blech! What a wet and dreary summer. At least it's not blazingly hot...that's a major blessing. :yes:

Chris, welcome! :wave: Sounds like you are making some great changes! Maybe try watering down your tea slowly to increase water intake. Use decaf tea as much as you can...the caffeine can slow your weight loss. You want to work up to having only 2 cups (16 oz. total) of tea be part of your daily water intake (I think we're aiming for at least 62 oz?). :goodluck:

Weezle, here's to a fresh start and lots of water! (as I run to the bathroom for the 40th time today....)

HistoryChick, so glad the date went well! I bet you looked charming in spite of the bowling ball incident...at least you didn't hit him with it. ;) Don't forget to tell us how the weekend goes! :D

Ah, Emily, sorry the pizza attacked you last night! Hope that the Phase 1 plan gets rid of the cravings. Think it's great that you figured out what are triggers for you. Sorry about your ex and your daughter's sadness. :grouphug: Hope you can love them extra and they realize that you are worth ten of him. :goodvibes:

Jenn, sometimes contributing your wisdom can be healing...and with all the weight you've lost I know you have a lot of wisdom to contribute! Hope you feel better and that you are proud of yourself for not letting one slip make the whole day go down the drain! :cp:

Me:

Well, DH is now out of town and so I took the opportunity last night to go shopping. It was so therapeutic! :D I found fabric to make a baby quilt for my girlfriend's baby and some things for the kitchen to replace our five year old ones like our dishrack. The kitchen looks so much better just with those little changes!

Even better, I took an extra string cheese with me so I wouldn't be tempted to eat off plan. In the past, the combination of being by the mall and away from DH would have triggered a bingefest of epic proportions. This may have been the first time that I actually did a trip like this without eating...wow!!! :D

This morning, I measured myself...something I hadn't done since June. I was amazed at all the inches I lost! I'm going to start a separate thread for that because I am sure that many of you have lost lots of inches too, and I think we should celebrate that! I lost 3 inches in my waist and 7.75 inches in my hips! :hyper: Yippee!

I'm going to Jazzercise tonight, and then I really hope that I can cut out some of the fabric for the quilt...that would be so much fun!!! :D Tomorrow I start the weight program from my trainer. It looks really brutal, so say a prayer for me if you get a chance. :crossed:

Have a great afternoon, chickies!

kvixen
08-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Laurie, you are so cute! Congrats on your mall trip! It sounds like you were productive and good! Actually, double congrats!

I am certain the baby quilt will be gorgeous- congrats for knowing how to quilt. I want to learn to knit, maybe when LSATs are over. Those are the sort of homemade gifts that people treasure.

I love sprucing up my house. I adore the dollar store- I know it sounds crazy,but i got a great dish rack there for- you guessed it- $1. Yours made me think of mine. And really nicely scented candles too. Hope you have some in your neck of the woods!

Thanks for the encouragement about the chocolate. I wish it had been favorite (caramel) now instead of stupid vanilla cream. I will try to be better tonight! Good luck to you all. Hopefully my computer will be up and running tonight! :shrug:

Ruthxxx
08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
OMG1 There's no way I can catch up and comment to everyone so......

The doc visit was just fine - for me, anyhow. My blood sugar is perfect with HA1C at 062, my BP is great 120/60 and the doc is pleased with my weightloss. However...and there always is a "however" these days :( .....Harry is not doing well. I won't give you a whole bunch of details but his weightloss seems to be from loss of blood somehow. It showed up as raised albumin levels. He is anaemic and there will be more bloodwork and probably a colonoscopy to try to track it down. It doesn't sound wonderful. So if I'm a bit "down", you'll know why. I also got a minor scolding from the nurse practitioner for not walking these days. My frassing knee hurts, idiot, and I'm dealing with a lot of other crap!

Enough griping. It was my afternoon "off" and I have a trunkload of groceries to lug in and unpack. Mandarin Salmon for dinner with spinach salad and some wonderful whole grain ACE bread. No ice cream sandwiches tonight, thank you very much!

I'll be my usual insufferable cheery self by morning! :)

sweet tooth
08-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Ruth - keeping you in my prayers. Take care of Harry and take care of you. Love ya.

1busymomma
08-19-2004, 06:51 PM
(((((((((((((((Ruth))))))))))))))))))))))))

Both you and Harry will be in my thoughts. :grouphug:

weezle
08-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Well, Ruth, if it's not one thing, it's another. Glad to hear that your A1C, BP, etc are good (wish I could say the same....BP is out the roof, even though I'm on the Norvasc.) Very sorry to hear about Harry. Will definitely say some prayers. They should be able to fix him right up, though, with modern medicine these days. I'll be thinking of the two of you.

*HUGS*

justjodi
08-19-2004, 09:15 PM
ruth good luck to you and harry hope they find out whats wrong and take care of it real quick!! 'scuse me but does this nurse have a clue about how much running you do everyday??? glad all your numbers worked out on the good side keep up the great work!!

little chick
08-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Ruth big hugs to you and Harry. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of both of you.