Old 08-19-2004, 06:27 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #219 Thursday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet
Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:41 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy 5:30 AM

QOTD: WHERE OR WHAT IS YOUR DREAM VACATION?
Answer: I have two: a Caribbean Cruise, so I do so much and see so much all at once that I may otherwise never get to see. And going to New York City. I love show biz and entertainment and would love to see it from where it happens.

Hello Ladies.
I hope everyone had a great night and great sleep. I only had one little interruption and then slept with Andrew the rest of the night. So not bad, I will try for that nap today.

Cheri, thanks for the hand cream ideas. I sell and use this natural Watkins Aloe & Green Tea hand lotion. It is great stuff. I just have never been big on putting lotion on so as long as I remember to do it and actually do it, they get better. So you're starting school on the 30th? What curriculum do you use?

Geri, me and dh have those Nextel radios. So we literally can talk to each other at the push of a button. So the kids will be able to talk to dh daily. And kids don't have the concept of time yet, so Andrew may think it's just one really long day, LOL!!! Dh's family are electricians and have done GC work and are hoping to get work as General Contractors if possible.

Hello to Cindi, Spryng, Penny, Ricci, Jill, Angel, Jaymi, Mel, Michelle and everyone else I missed. Hi to you all.

My checklist for today:
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Clean Kitchen x2
2 Loads of Laundry
School
Sweep
Vaccum
Nap

I may add more later, but for now that sounds like enough, Huh?
Well, I guess that's it for me for now. Hope to see everyone's post later. Have a good one.
TTYL
Old 08-19-2004, 08:07 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies

QOTD: Sicily.. My hubby is Italian... enuf said

Crystal,
Sounds like a good plan to me. Glad your night wasn't too bad

Not much planned here today... Karate this evening and I might get the boys hair cut today. Hunter starts school next week.

Melissa and I have an exercise challenge scheduled for 8:30am central this morning... If anybody wants to join us. Hopefully we can get into the msn chat room but if not we will be on yahoo messenger... just let us know if you wanna join in

Have a great day everyone! I am gonna get up and adam this morning around here

Ps Michelle we miss you !
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:44 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Hello all I'm trying to redo my avatar pic, but it came out yiny LOL, so after this post I'll resize it. Having a good morning so far . . . Weighed In at 155lbs, though I can't imagine how I didn't gain more. I even began a new points diary today.

Crystal- So did you send the kids to bed early because of their fighting? I'm going to do laundry today too

Geri- your dinner sounded good - it makes me hungry! What's for lunch LOL?

Jill- I've missed you! Don't you just hate when you try a new recipe and it's awful? Then you're wondering if you did something wrong, or if the recipe is that bad.

Cheri- on the inches gone, gone, gone! Awesome. LOL! Yes, Coke means all soft drinks . . . especially here in Atlanta Oh, I have to check out the overnights then. Liam does wake up leaky every morning. For some reason, I thought the goodnights were pullups . . . don't know why I've never tried that crack cream - have to look at that too! Hmm, 2 more reasons to go back to Target!

Penny- good luck with the exercise challenge- looks like I've miseed it LOL.

On Pregnancy: I loved, loved, LOVED being pregnant. However, I have several friends who really did not feel well from pregnancy and it did not agree iwth their bodies (though they're all willing to do it again). One of my friends said to me: "I thought those stories about joyful pregnant women were a myth until I met you. You really love it. How annoying." I did not like the way my pregnancy ended- with the pre-eclampsia scare, Liam not moving, and an emergency c-section. After such a wonderful nine months, that part shocked and disturbed me. It took me a while to get over feeling guilty about the C-section. Maybe that sounds weird, but I felt like I had somehow failed Liam somehow. And I felt horrible that I couldn't hold him for two hours while they made sure he was okay. I think part is because I used midwives and I expected this moving labor and delivery, and bonding with Liam after birth.

QOTD: A safari in Africa.

Okay, I'm outta here!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ok Ladies.....

We are just starting the challenge..... got off to a late start if anybody wants to join us.....lol
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Okay, I would love to join the challenge, but we are just starting school. mornings are alittle too busy for me.
Leigh, no I put the kids to bed as soon as it's dark enough in their room. It's getting darker earlier so I put them to bed by 845 or 900. Come the winter months, I'll put them in there around 800 or so. Sometimes I feel bad for making them go to bed so early, but they almost always go right to sleep, so obviously they were tired, huh?
We're suppose to have storms today and I'm glad about that. I love storms as long as I'm staying home to enjoy them.
Gotta go. TTYL
Old 08-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #7  

Morning all. The exercise challange was GREAT! Please join us next time. A HALF hour went by like the wind.

Crystal, I'm glad you got a better night sleep. BUggs slept and only got up once, but when he got up, I smelt something in his room I had to get the flashlight. Turns out he threw up behind the door. OH YUK. took me a half hour at 215 this morning to clean that up. ALways something. Don't even know why he threw up. I guess he just coughed and gagged or something. hmmmmmm ....have a good day.

Leigh, I had the same trouble with the avator. Michelle or Penny would probably know how to fix it. There so good at that. Im happy for you that your pregnancy went well, but I know what you mean about the csection part. My delivery with my first was the best part of anything, and then bugga I had the c-section and it really upset me. It took a long time not to feel bad about it.

QOTD: I would love to re-live my dream vacation with Jamie in Hawaii. We went for our honeymoon and never wanted to leave. We were there 12 days and two days of travel.

Cheri, I know how those hair cuts add up! I can't find anyone to cut bugga's hair for less than $13 ...oh wait there was one that was 10, but she did a lousy job. I'd rather pay the 13. Yesterday, I got his hair cut and it was 14 at a barber near my father;s place. It was the best cut ever. Even better, my father paid. He said he won a fifty fifty ...So, I told him I need a cut too. lol

Have a great day all. Hello, Spryng, Jaymi, Michelle, Ricci, Jill, Jae, Mindee, Geri, Angel and kristin.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:45 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Cheri, congrats on the inches gone!!! Good for you! I could never stick to a low carb thing either. Everything in moderation is best to me but to each their own!

Penny and Mel...how did the exercise challenge go? Got my 3 mile walk in this morning.

Leigh...I know this is confusing! Goodnights ARE pullups....Overnites are Huggies. You want the Overnites. I LOVE them. I'll go to Target with you...just let me hop in the shower and I'll be right there!

Crystal.. hope Dh finds some work. I hear you about the lotion. I'm pretty good in the summer but my legs get sooooo dry in the winter and since I'm usually in jeans or sweats I don't bother with the lotion. It's amazing how well it works when you actually use it.

Tonight is our monthly girls night out. Hopefully I can make a good choice for dinner so I don't have to feel guilty about dessert. We always go to one of the girls houses for decaf and dessert. Lunch will probably be tuna on a WW muffin and a salad. Fruit for snacks. Did good again yesterday..hurray for me. OK Leigh...today you started over . I actually wrote that in my food journal on Tuesday with a little mad face!

Ok, gotta get some other things done here and it smells like someone needs a diaper change .

Have a good day everyone...I may be back later. Hi to everyone else out there! I need to make a list so I don't forget anyone...that's why I usually don't list names because I feel bad if I leave someone out. This thread has gotten many new members since I joined last year...it's a good thing!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #9  
2BoysMom

QOTD... I always for get...grrr

Well, I already had it! My honeymoon in the Bahamas. We were in Nassau. I think for our 10 year we'll go back and stay at the Atlantis on Paradise Island. I love the tropics

Bye now!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

I'm losing my mind....Leigh.. I wanted to say that I had 2 c-sections and I don't feel guilty at all . Will was breech and Tony was planned but it turned out his cord was around his neck so it's good I didn't try for a vaginal with him. I didn't get to hold Will for 3 hours 'cause there was something with his iron level that they were keeping him for...then we had to wait like 5 hours or so to be discharged because they were still checking him. Everything was fine. With Tony I was so glad for the 5 days in the hospital because I could enjoy just him most of the day...it was our bonding time and I didn't have to make time for Dh and Will too except when they visited. Being the 2nd, I didn't want him to be shortchanged in the snuggle dept the first week of his life . That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Really going to go now! Hi Mel..we posted at the same time.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Sorry I didn't post again last night, it wasn't because I went to be early, lol. I put the kids to bed and got sucked into a gamecube game until midnight!!! It was fun... I was on a roll.. lol
I am tired from it today but I'm not exercising today so I'll get a nap in this afternoon. I thin mon weds and fri will be my official exercise days and one day on the weekend when dh isn't here... I want to ease back into this. Plus I am so sore from yesterday's workout!
OK, the agenda for today... not much. Clean house... stay home. That is about it.
Dinner tonight will be Cajun Chicken-- what are you all having?

QOTD-- Egypt. I would love to go to egypt and tour the great pyramids and caverns. But I will only go when someone devises a way of getting over the ocean without flying or boat, lol... so I guess I'll never go. I am deathly afraid of being over water and not seeing land.

Penny, how did that challenge go this morning??

Leigh, how is your first day back OP going?? What is on the menu for today? I like very easy things to cook too, but I find that most of the saving dinner recipes are super easy to make... unlike cookinglight. When I was doing those recipes they were very detailed and long and expensive too.

Cheri, congrats on the inches lost!! two inches off your waist? Did you go down a dress size? Maybe that is inches on your hips that equal to that... I forget.

Jill, so glad that flylady is working for you even with you at school all day!! You are almost done though! One more day huh?

Geri, you cracked me up about cutting your ds's hair! LOL... I don't even attempt any of my kids.. every now and then I'll trim Ava's bangs. I used to cut DH's hair (what little he has left, ) but I just hated it and always worried about messing it up. So his mom does it. Your dinner sounded great yesterday! What are you planning for today?

Well, I need to eat breakfast and start on this house. I am ravenous this morning for some reason. Probably TOM causing it. I wish he would just GO AWAY!! LOL. He really wrecks every month for me, lol. My cravings are so bad today (probably because I'm hungry) and I keep telling myself, just one more day to go, tomorrow is WI and flexpoints!! So just one more day, I can do it!

TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:35 AM   #12  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Where in the world do you ladies get your kids hair cut at? There is a barber here who charges $6 for kid cuts, plus my SIL will do them for $4 or $5. Now, when I learn more at school, I will cut my boys hair myself.
QOTD: Right now, it would be to be able to take a honeymoon anywhere.
Well, I got my exercise in for the day. It's suppossed to be hot here, so RJ and I are just staying home. I went to wal mart after I took Eric to school, and got myself a magazine so that will keep me entertained today. I will check in later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

Afternoon ladies,

QOTD: I would love to go to the tropics somewhere for about a week, just me and dh.

Ricci, I give all my kids their haircuts.I'm not paying 7 or 10 dollars each.Especially when I have my own siscors at home lol I give my son a high and tight hair cut in the summer and in the winter I give him a clean cut.I think he needs some hair in the winter to help keep his head warm.And I just keep the girls hair trimmed.If they want it cut off then all I do is put almost all of their hair in a ponytail and let them show me how short they want it then I just even it up.Not hard at all.I know a little about cutting hair so that makes it easier for me I guess.But that's how I help save money.lol

Well I don't have alot planned for today.Just stay at home and be bored I guess.Don't really have alot of cleaning to do Just bathrooms.That does'nt take very long.What's everyone got planned for the weekend?My kids have a birthday party to go to Friday after school.We have to go to SAM"S on Saturday and church on Sunday.Nothing special.

I'm going to get off here and find something to do.I would clean out my room but dh is sleeping still.He works 3pm till 2am .But he had a doctor's apt this morning so i'm letting him sleep till time to pick up the kids.I think that's what I'll do today after the kids get home.I'll let yall know if I get it done.Right now our room looks like a storage shed.Because we cleaned out my dd closet so she could put her things in it.Now i've go to figure out what to do with that stuff.Well hope everyone has a great day.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Geez! It took me a while to resize my avatar pic, but I finally figured it out! I'm still OP today . . . lunch was a 1pt bagel, 1pt worth of almost fat-free pastrami, 2 pt 100-cal pack of cheese nips, seltzer.

Crystal- I also love thunderstorms if I'm inside.

Mel- yeah. apparently it's common to feel guilt after a c-section, though I didn't know that until I did some online research on it recently. I assumed I was just crazy LOL. Sorry about the throw-up . . . never fun.

Geri- oops! Gee, I already messed up with the diapers LOL. Okay, obviously I need all the help I can get, so come on over! But we have to pass by McDonalds on the way and not get anything, okay? I know you'll do well tonight. Hmm- I hadn't considered more one on one time the second time around with a c-section.

Spryng- yeah, it's good not to overdo things with exercise in the beginning, expecially is you're sore. What types of food do you crave? I know you can hold out until tomorrow - look, today is already almost afternoon!

Ricci- what mag did you get? I still have an issue of Child and Creating Keepsakes (a scrapbook magazine) to read.

Angel- you're on an organizational roll! That's great. I have to do laundry . . .

Well, I guess I'm all caught up now. I may do an abs tape later this afternoon
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

It's me again!

I've been on a roll this morning. Got all my housework caught up, kitchen swept and everything and my shower is done, legs are shaved, waxing done, etc. So I feel really good!
Lunch will be tuna helper since I'm out of lean pockets.

Leigh, I just love that pic of your ds so much. He looks so happy in it! What one pt bagels do you have and is that 1 pt for all of it or half?? And my cravings have to do with junk. I really want to order some pizza hut pizza and get some chocolate!! but I know it's tom speaking, lol and not me. I can make it until tomorrow. You are right the day is half gone already!

Angel, we don't have anything planned for this weekend yet. Dh gets home tomorrow and if it's hot this weekend I want to go to the lake, I'm sure we'll visit the in-laws and all that good stuff.

Ricci, what exercise did you do today? Was it easier today seeing your ds go to school?

Geri, enjoy your girls night out!! What restaurant are you going to?

Well... lunch is about done so I'm off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote