South Beach Diet - Happy Hump Day Chat 08/18

View Full Version : Happy Hump Day Chat 08/18

Mamacita
08-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Good morning, Chickies~~ :coffee:

Got a really good night's sleep last night. Dogs decided not to bother me, for whatever reason. (Wonder if it was that flea spray session??) ;)

The steak was very, very tasty last night. DH decided to "help" me and he marinated it for me. Unfortunately, I think there was too much sodium in it. Hands and feet feel like they're about to split their seams. :( I'll be drinking lots of water today.

Tonight will be chicken breast and green beans. Lunch will be the usual...2 hb eggs, cottage cheese and a salad.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Shequila
08-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Morning Mamcita,
I on the ohterhand didn't sleep too well....I am sooo exhausted this mroning...and I have a headache. Not looking forward to going to work today. I pretty muich stayed OP yesterday. Salad with grilled chicken for both dinner and lunch, guac and soy and flax seed chips for snack. Still forgetting to eat breakfast though.....well except for a cup or 2 of coffee.

It doesn't look like a particularly sunny day here in Washington, DC. I think some rain is supposed to be coming in for the rest of the week. Last night was so beautiful that we were met some friends in from Germany with their new baby out for dinner and was able to eat outside. Gotta love dining al fresco.

I guess I would motivate and get ready for work. I need to start looking into flights to MA and ME so we can see our families too. Maybe I wil do that now and postpone getting ready for work.

Have a great day on the beach ladies.
Sheila

skherb
08-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Well we are back off to chool today. Daughter really seemed to like it. Although as MOM I was not in the best of spirits yesterday. But today i have a couple of things I need to get done while she is gone so the day I am sure will pass much faster.
I stayed sortof OP yesterday in the evening I was sooo Hungry (TOM) so I snacked alot but is was with allowed food. Need to go get some more veggies today to help me.

Can anyone help me. I am looking for a very easy CROCKPOT Chiicken recipe to make today for dinner. I know i saw one recently but I will be darned if I can find it this AM. ANyone know one. Thanks Check back later.

Goodmornign Mama

Shequila
08-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Morning SKherb....we posted at the same time. Didn't find anything in the recipe section for your crockpot? TRy Allrecipes.com for a recipe that can be altered to SB friendly. Have a great day!
Sheila

Under a Palm Tree
08-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Morning earlybirds! Mama, Shequila and SKherb hope your days get better! I had my second karate class last night. I never in a millon years would have thought I'd love it so much. It's really a lot of fun. I've been pretty much OP for weeks. I didn't show a loss last week but I'm not suprised since its my time. Anyway, I'm still plugging away. Have a great day!

Shequila
08-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Here you go Skherb,

Asian Spiced Chicken and Beans (crockpot)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asian Spiced Chicken and Beans

1/2 Cup dry packaged Navy Beans or 1(15 ounces) can Navy Beans, rinsed and drained.
1/2 Cup dry packaged Red Beans or 1(15 ounce) can Red beans, rinsed and drained.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
3 large carrots, diagonally sliced
2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic, to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons minced ginger root or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger, to taste
1 (14 1/2 ounces) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 to 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
Sliced green onions and tops, for garnish
Chopped peanuts for garnish

If using dry beans, in a large saucepan, place dry beans and cover with 2 inches water; heat to boiling; let boil, uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Drain soaking water and rinse beans. Place soaked OR canned beans, chicken, garlic, ginger and 1 1/4 cups of the chicken broth in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low until beans are tender about 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

Turn slow cooker to high. Combine cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup broth and stir into mixture in cooker; stir in crushed red pepper. Cover and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.

Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
Per serving: WW Points: 7 Calories: 375 Fat: 3g Fiber: 10g Carbs: 56g Sodium: 285mg Protein: 30g Chol: 46mg

Here's another one that could be made SB friendly...use diet orange and brown rice.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Chicken breasts with orange soda and soy sauce served over rice. Gives
chicken a wonderful flavor, and it is great for those days when you don't have
a lot of time to prepare a meal. Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook
Time: approx. 6 Hours . Ready in: approx. 6 Hours 15 Minutes. Makes 4
servings.
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Kimberley Dillard-Wright
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
12 fluid ounces orange-flavored carbonated beverage
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
2 cups water

Directions
1 Place the chicken in a slow cooker, and pour in the orange-flavored carbonated beverage and
soy sauce.
2 Cover slow cooker, and cook chicken on Low 5 to 6 hours.
3 In a saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20

Good luck

Ruthxxx
08-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Wow! Sheila, could you put those recipes into the Recipe forum? They look good.

Flyby post again today chickies. We (including me!) slept in a bit this morning and I'm running behind. I need to "hump" the garbage and recycle stuff out to the road for pick-up. It's raining a bit but IS warm. It will be an indoor day for sure. Hershey goes to her job at one so that will be the outing.

Gotta dash......

Jennie527
08-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Yummy both of those recipes sound great!
I too didn't get much sleep but that's because I was up till 3 doing homework. Thank God today is the last day of this session but tomorrow starts a new one and ecampus.com hasn't gotten me my darn books yet! They anger me! Oh well! I am sure I will be taking a nap later because I just can't deal with having only 5.5 hrs of sleep! Hope everyone is doing well. I am off to run some errands!

weezle
08-18-2004, 09:19 AM
Morning everybody!

My body is screamin at me today because I've been so busy. I worked until 8 last night, then went to Wal-Mart with Molly to pick up stuff for our PartyLite businesses. Got home about 9, then had dinner (smart, huh?) Went to bed around 11.

Was good and did some vigorous stationary bike riding yesterday before work, but couldn't bring myself to do the (ow ow ow) ab video again. I hope to be able to do it tonight. It's called "I Want Those Abs!" and it's only 15 minutes long, but it's NON-STOP crunches for all the different areas. Really, you don't get a break, so your abs are going "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????" after the first 2 minutes.

Well, sheesh, I slept late again today so I have to go make some breakfast and watch the Today show for 20 minutes. Working by myself today. Sigh. Gonna be a long day! Everyone have a good one! :coffee:

Barb0522
08-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Good morning, gals! I rushed in for another 7:30 meeting this morning only to find out they had cancelled the meeting. Oh, well, more time for the important stuff like reading the postings. :)

Meet the Teacher night was so much fun. Brian's teacher seems really nice. It looks like there will only be 16 kids in the class and he is sitting apart from his friends which is probably a good thing. His class has 3 of the 8 kids that are in our cub scout den! School starts tomorrow.

I got compliments last night from a couple of moms who hadn't seen me since the spring and noticed the weight loss. That felt nice even though I still have a long way to go.

ellis
08-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Crap! I KNEW I should have closed this thread sooner! Barb, you're on the wrong day! :lol3: I'll see if I can move your post...

ellis
08-18-2004, 09:33 AM
hee hee hee! I just closed this thread. :lol3: Sorry about that, Barb. :rofl: I thought it was Thursday today. heh heh.
Back shortly... after I've pulled myself together.

little chick
08-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Morning chickies... I am on the fly as well never seems to be enough time in the day. I will be glad when the kids go back to school. My days will be normal again. I can't seem to get anything done at all. I have an interview tomorrow but I am not sure if I am going to go as it is for a 4-3am shift. Well I got to go..... to many things to do and no time to do it. Love to ya all. Check in again later if I get time.

KristinJ
08-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Ellis -- you're so funny! If it makes you feel any better I thought that it was Thursday too. Only for me that would be bad because it would mean that I am late for work but instead it's my last day off.

I'm proud of myself for making it through yesterday without wanting to cheat. I'm disappointed about the campbell's soup being bad but I'm sure if I read the can myself I would have seen that. I've never been a homemade soup person but I guess I'll have to start. I'll check out the board for recipes. I should go start my eggs for breakfast and I'll talk to y'all later!

Kristin

smilintwins
08-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah, OK...so the blue Wiggle is the hot one. ;)

We had a BLAST yesterday. DS was so into everything. His whole body went limp with excitement when WAGS the Dog made his appearance. It was one of my most fun days as a mom. :love:

I have not had my water the past two days, not my normal amount and I can feel it today. My lips even feel chapped. So chug chug chug!!

Have to finish that work that kept me up on Monday night. More later!!

sweet tooth
08-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Mornin' (Sheesh - it's gonna be a bad day, I've already had to fix sooooo many typos on the post and it was one word long),

Just stopping in for a quick "Hello." Since I was not very good with eating on the weekend, I decided to do 2 weeks of Phase 1 for pennance. :) Anyway, I have lost the 3 pounds and a couple more since Monday morning. A little on the quick side, but I was sick on Monday night from all the food that I am not accustomed to. :D I now have 2.5 pounds to lose before the end of the month to meet my goal. Woohoo.

I did, however, start a new power walking tape yesterday. It is an hour, so is do-able on my lunch break. However, another girl stopped me on the way to the track and chatted for 20 minutes yesterday. Soooo, I couldn't finish the session. It does a 20 minute warm-up, then interval training for 20 minutes, then a cool down. I only got to complete up to the end of the second interval (out of 4) yesterday. :mad: I plan to hustle to the track today, though (no chatting, no detours) to make sure that I finish. I can't believe this new me. I have always hated exercise, don't feel good when it is finished, and have done my darndest to avoid. This time, I can hardly wait for lunch so that I can get to the track and exercise. (note to self: take temp. tonight to make sure not ill).

Mama - Good to hear you had a great sleep finally. We have our little creature sleep on the end of the bed, but she has learned that her 'dad' is rather cranky in the middle of the night if she fusses. She doesn't go near him when he's sleeping unless she has my permission to be the alarm clock...he lets her out in the morning and the middle of the night for that matter. Last week she was sick in the middle of the night so laid on the bed whimpering - poor dear. She finally figured out that she could wake him if it was an emergency. :lol: Congrats on staying OP. Have a great eating day - want to share your lunch, it looks better than mine.

Sheila - Good luck on getting through the day - it is always difficult to work when you have a headache.

skherb - Good to hear that you survived the first day of school. It is always difficult to have the young ones leave the nest and start on their new 'independent' life. I can remember crying for several days when our daughter went to college. I knew that she would never be home again, or live in the same community because of the nature of the career in which she would be working. However, when she got married 2 years later, there was not a tear...I had already released her, so there wasn't the emotion around the first baby leaving home. It was such a weird feeling. I promise, it will get better. You are smart to keep yourself busy, that will help through the adjustment period.

Under a Palm Tree - Great job on the karate. I know exactly what you mean about not thinking you would like the karate. I am getting the same way about exercise. I have even started to worry about how I am going to get it in...that's just not me. You go for it.

Ruth - Hi. Have a good day.

Jennie - Hope that the homework has gone well. What kind of elearning are you involved in? My DH did his masters in distance ed and teaches online courses (in his spare time). His last course had students from about 10 or 11 countries registered - really changes the dynamics of a class.

Weezle - Sounds like you are close to starting your Party Lite. Have you got any parties booked yet? What is your read on the popularity of the products? Have a good day at work and hope you arene't too bored.

Barb - I'm so happy for you and the compliments that you received. Way to go. You have already lost a lot of weight and you aren't that far from your goal. It will go faster than you think. Keep it up.

Hope everyone has an OP day. I have my meals planned to stay OP today, but the evening snacking really gets to me. After supper last night, I knew that I wasn't hungry, but I really wanted something to eat...just the habit. I ate a cheese stick and forced myself not to eat anything else. I forgot about the brushing teeth thing until I was getting ready for bed...I must remember that tonight.

Take care.

sweet tooth
08-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi again,

There were 3 more posts while I was typing...you people are way too fast for me.

LC - Good luck on the interview if you go. Like you said, you have the time to be picky and the shift that is being offered may not be convenient for family. What kind of work is it?

smilintwins - WTG mom. It is such great fun to see the kids so excited. Glad you had a great day. Remember to get to the water (I have the same problem). The other problem that I have is that when I drink water, I have to pee. When I have to pee, I have to go downstairs to the bathroom. Then, it's up and down stairs all day. I get more exercise, but everyone in the office area knows that I have a bladder problem...

Kristin - WTG girl. You stayed OP yesterday. I knew that you could do it and so proud of you. With the tomato soup, I just put a pot on the stove, add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, OP veggies (usually dump a bag of frozen in), any spices that I like, then simmer for an hour. I divide that up for lunches and/or suppers and the work is done. If you try this, just make sure that you read the cans on the tomato products - some manufacturers add sugar, but there are brands that are just the tomato products and sometimes spices already.

Boss just came to work. Gotta run.

jenne1017
08-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi ladies --

I am a bit not so upbeat. First time in a while re: South beach. Anyway, I am up 2.5 pounds which is not so bad considering. I just feel this constant back-and-fouth with weight gain, you know?

Hope you are all well. Work calls...

Jenn

justjodi
08-18-2004, 11:21 AM
hello everyone!!
well i didn't sleep much last night, when you wake me up in the middle of the night i just can't seem to get back to sleep. anyway i was awakened at about 12:30am dh's cell phone was ringing it was this poor distraught woman looking for her car (dh is a repo man and he picked up her car earlier in the day i guess she just noticed. the police gave her dh's cell # which they are not supposed to do.... long story) so since i am up i decided to try for the millionth time to get ahold of my cable company re: the digital phone the put in on monday is not working. another long story. finally got back to sleep at 3:30am (grease was on amc one of my faves) got up late for work and so on and so on. i am in a surprisingly good mood today just slap happy i guess. sposed to get ds to football practice at 5:15pm and dd to the eye dr at 5:30pm and meet the cable guy back at home at 6:30pm (lets keep our fingers crossed shall we?)

well if that wasnt rambling i dont know what is. hope you all have a great day i'm gonna go pull myself together....was the final decision it IS wednesday?? or is it really thursday??
hang in there jenne1071!! hi ya to all the rest. if i can get on the internet at home later i will check back.

Kiko
08-18-2004, 12:20 PM
A quick hello from Dallas! We are having internet issues at home, so I haven't been able to post. I can barely take a pee here at work, so certainly haven't had a chance to check up on everyone. :)

Hope everything is well with you- DSL should be fixed when I get home, so I can catch up.

Happy HUMP Day! (Aunt Flo started yesterday, so this next month needs to be dubbed "Happy Hump Month" at my house!!) :lol:

cac
08-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note. I am down to 215. THe 4 lbs weight gain must have been water. I ran/jogged my 4.5 mile route this morning. It is getting easier and easier. I am excited my stretching tapes came today. I will start them this afternoon.

cac

skherb
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Ok guys I quickly thre everything in the crock pot for the Orange soda recipe and NOW I relize i was suppose to cook the rice seperate.::(: :stress: So do you think I need to take out the rice and cook it later or what should I do?????????????????????????????????

HistoryChick
08-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Hello Ladies!

Not much is going on...Stepped on the scales today and was 215! YAY! I finally was able to order my new computer last night! I can't wait, I'm very excited!!! I dropped off 2 applications today... So tonight I'm going bowling with one of my friends (the one who wants to hook me up that a guy friend of hers) I'm actually going to meet him tonight I think...we'll see how meeting him goes....This should be an interesting night...I'm not a great bowler ha ha....Well I hope you ladies are having a wonderful afternoon....Cac We're at the same weight!

kvixen
08-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Ladies, Do you all know one another? This seems like such a great place to check in and help not to cheat. What is the protocol for jumping? Thanks!

Barb0522
08-18-2004, 02:47 PM
We didn't know each other until we found the forum. :) Normally, people just post in the biography section introducing themselves and then join in wherever they want to. The more the merrier!

kvixen
08-18-2004, 02:52 PM
There's a bio section? I am still new to this, and not too too computer literate. Can you point me over? I definitely want to join in! Thanks! ;)

Barb0522
08-18-2004, 02:55 PM
It's in the forum for Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44580

beachgal
08-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Afternoon, all! :sunny:

I thought I was doing great by replying before lunch, but when I saw that there were already 17 posts, I figured I might as well wait until after lunch. ;)

It's great to see so many people posting in the daily! :goodvibes:

Mamacita: sorry about the sodium overload. Hope you feel better soon! Aren't green beans wonderful? :T I just love them and they are dirt cheap right now, not to mention soooo fresh! Yum! How do you make them?

Shequila, hope you are feeling better and get some good sleep tonight. Do you have sleep apnea or was it just a bad night, overall? Those chips sound delicious...what else is in them? Are they Frankenfood?

SKHerb, I'm with Sheila...there are great recipes on www.allrecipes.com, just modify to SBD. I am not aware of a great crockpot recipe for chicken, though my MIL makes chicken fajitas that way. She just tosses chopped peppers and onions in the crockpot with diced chicken breast along with a bottle of Italian salad dressing. If you had a safe SBD recipe, you could do that. If you're on Phase 2, you could have them in WW tortilllas, otherwise, I bet it would be good alone. :shrug:

Palm, congrats on Karate! That is awesome! Are you still in your son's class or do they have one for adults? Either way, it sounds fun! What types of things do you do during the class? I did some karate at camp a very, very long time ago and hardly remember it.

Those recipes sound great, but make sure you use WW Flour instead of cornstarch, and that the soy sauce is low sodium. :yes: Both sound very yummy, and I love the idea of cooking dry beans in the crockpot. So simple but I never thought of it before! :doh:

Ruth, you are a dear to do the humping of litter (for some reason, that sounds obscene! :lol: )...I hate it when DH is out of town and I have to do it. I realize you don't do it because you want to, but still, I think it's great and very "Rosie the Riveter" of you!!! :D Hope your day goes well and Hershey does her usual great performance. Do you see any changes in the pups since they became pregnant?

Jennie, what are you studying? Sounds rigorous! I have not tried getting my books online yet...it seems to be such a hassle, though much cheaper!

Hi, busy Weezle! :wave: Hope you are feeling more rested soon! If you did the abs yesterday, wouldn't that have been two days in a row? You have to rest those babies about a day in between workouts, from what I hear, so it's a good thing you did! :yes:

Barb, I'm so glad that things are set up for success for Brian. And congrats on your compliments!!! :grouphug: :cp: :high: :hat: Doesn't that feel awesome!!! Good for you! :goodvibes:

Ellis, you are cracking me up!!! :lol3: That is SO something I would have done. Who doesn't want it to be Thursday? (except for LC...I think she's still celebrating last Hump day with her DH! :love: )

And speaking of LC! :D Little Chick, don't go to that interview. If you are going to leave your cushy at home job, you need something that will be even better! And that means hours that allow you time with your family and DH (LC: "now, where did I leave those sexy undies?" ;) ). Any company would be so lucky to have you...hold out for the right job. :D

Kristin, no worries about soup...I totally had several cans before I realized! :yikes: I think both Progresso Lentil and Wegman's Lentil (that is my supermarket...yours might have a store brand that is also safe) are SBD friendly. When you try making soups, try the Broccoli and Cheese one in the forum first. It is so good!!! :T Yummmm... The original recipe called for Light Velveeta and 2% milk, but I found there were some weird things in the ingredients for Light Velveeta and the regular doesn't have much more fat, so I used regular Velveeta and 1% milk. :shrug: It turns out amazing! Here's the recipe: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42365

Jen, Yes, I thought the blue Wiggle was gorgeous...those eyes and long lashes. Why do men always get the beautiful lashes? :lol: I'm so glad that you had a great time. You are a wonderful mom. :D Good luck getting that work done. I find that if I get a break, I can attack my work with a lot more vigor!

Peggy, this sounded so much like Bridget Jones' Diary and totally cracked me up! :lol3: :

This time, I can hardly wait for lunch so that I can get to the track and exercise. (note to self: take temp. tonight to make sure not ill).

I totally concur. I can't say that I love exercise now, but I certainly enjoy the benefits of it and am grumpy when I don't get it. I did cardio this morning and was thinking about what my trainer said--that you burn much more fat from weight training, so really you do cardio to improve heart and lung health and "because it just feels so good!" :rolleyes: I was thinking, "yeah, right!" :p But actually, it really does...and doing it this morning, I totally felt that way...all was right with the world, I was warm and flushed and felt really alive. Who knew? :lol3: Congrats on your loss as well! :hat: Good for you! You have such concerned and lovely posts, Peggy. :goodvibes: Love the soup idea. Yum! :T

Jenn, sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Think again about all the lovely compliments you got while on vacation! :goodvibes:

Jodi, know how you feel about being woken up in the middle of the night. Glad you made it productive! Hope the errands go well!

Kiko, enjoy your hump month! :D Good reason to purchase a bunch of sexy undies. ;) Hope the DSL gets fixed soon...I hate being without internet! Totally feel you on the bathroom thing...teachers have the highest rate of bladder infections in the nation...wonder why? :p

cac, you are doing SO GREAT!!! :cp: :cheer: :high: :cp: Good for you!!!

SKHerb, you could fish out the rice with a slotted spoon (maybe? Or just take out the chicken, then pour the sauce through a sieve to catch the rice, and throw everything back in? Hope it works out! :grouphug:

History: have a great night! Don't forget to tell us all about the new hunk! ;) And super CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!! :cp: :cheer: :high: :cp:

KVixen, Hi! :wave: Welcome to the Beach! Pull up a lawn chair and tell us about yourself! Feel free to post a new thread telling us about you and your journey thus far on SBD. Also, check out the FAQ board, especially the stickies there, to answer any questions you might have.

Me:
I had a great OA meeting last night. I've really been struggling with too much stress. Not really sure why...nothing major is happening, but I'm stressed! Today has been much better, so far. :crossed:

I had tuna fish for lunch and wanted to get some major veggies in without a salad, so I mixed up zucchini, tomatoes and feta cheese with a vinaigrette made from olive oil, red wine vinegar, italian herbs, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. It was amazing! :T Who knew that would work...I was just hoping it would be palatable.

DH left after lunch for a trip down south for work. He'll be gone until Friday afternoon, so I at least get the weekend with him. I'm definitely stressed about taking care of the animals in the morning and doing extra chores without him around, but I planned easy meals to try to cut down on the work I have to do alone. In the meantime, my coworker, who is an avid quilter, gave me a great (and apparently easy) baby quilt pattern. My friend Ange is having a baby in January, and I want to get this quilt done before school starts so I can take it to her shower in October. I'm going to go to Wal*Mart and Jo-Ann's tonight to look for fabric. Should be a blast and keep my mind off DH's absence.

Going to do a Belly-dancing tape tonight too. Should be fun...I've only done two or three out of the five I got (got a deal on a boxed set of four).

Also got my workouts from my trainer, to start on Friday. They look brutal but I'm excited for the challenge. Talk to me afterwards, though...we'll see. ;)

Hope everyone has a great rest of the afternoon! :grouphug:

sweet tooth
08-18-2004, 03:40 PM
OK, I'm dead. I kicked my power walk up from 45 minutes yesterday and planned to do 60 minutes. BUT, I had trouble with the tape and ended up doing an extra 10 minutes. Just see if that boss can get any work out of me this afternoon...

weezle
08-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Okay, so I am SO mad at my scale (telling me I've been the same weight for a week) that I decided to get back at it by eating MORE starches (had my bagel this morning and then some whole wheat pasta tonight.) Then I had 3 small pieces of FRANKENFOOD sugar-free candy, and then a sugar-free fudgesicle. And I may go out and have a glass or two of red wine. Grrrrrrrr.

SO anyway, yeah. That's how I'll show that scale. I WANT TO BE IN THE 130'S! Now. Can anyone make that happen? Like *POOFKAH*. Skinny.

To those of you who are new and reading this, I'm not always like this, just everytime I stall, which is about every 2 weeks. It's kind of like PMS.....Pissed at My Stalling.

Well, I'm going to put on something to wear "out" at the bar. Talk to you all later.

little chick
08-18-2004, 09:31 PM
just a quick pop in as I am just off to bed well maybe after a game of backgammon. Laurie you are right I decided not to go on the interview. It is a horrible shift. I would never see my family. Which sounds nice in theory. :lol: but I would miss my family way too much. Not sure who asked what the job was but it is for a call center inbound for people who want to cancel their MSN, so I am thinking they are not going to be happy people. Oh well the perfect job will come. My dream job is to work 10-3 and make about 25 dollars an hour.