South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 08:16 AM   #1  

Default I need Help

Good Morning Ladies,
I wish I could say this is my first time coming here, but it isn't, I start over and over. I just got back from a 3 months RV trip and I know I have really packed it on. I got on the scale this morning and broke it, now that was the highlite of my morning. My knees are shot , because I need to lose about 150 pounds. I'm only 5'3" and I'm 64 years old, so I won't be out running or even working out for that matter. I live in Florida and it's hot and muggy out there, but I am going to try to walk. I'm so desperate I'm thinking about surgery. I'm going to Walmart this morning to get a scale and the right kind of food to get me started on the right track. I see on here there are people that have changed their lives, I just pray that I can get on the bandwagon. I've lost 100 pounds three times in my life, so I know I can do it. I just can't seem to get it together any more. I would be greatful for any support and prayers I could get from you all.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Chris, you've come to the right place. There are lots of wonderful ladies here (where are the men?), and lots of give and take with respect to support. You've got my prayers!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Chris and welcome back to The Beach. We kept your beach towel ready for you but the cabana boys are all booked.
You were successful with Phase I back in January and can do it again. Be sure to log in daily to get and give support. Also, be sure to check out the revised food list in the FAQ section - there are a few changes. You might also consider using the Journal feature to help stay on track.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

A three month RV trip will definataly put on the weight. When I get bored while driving, I always eat. I was commuting several hours to a different state several years ago and put on over 10 pounds in a couple months. Yuck!

My mother is 80 and was close to 200 pounds in March. She started SBD and has lost about 35 pounds so far. She's getting to the point she can exercise a little. She takes gallon jugs of water out to the garden to water it. She says it's her weight bearing exercises. For her to do anything is amazing. Mom got a tread mill and a couple other pieces of exercise equipment really cheap from different sources. She walks for a couple minutes, she has a gazelle-she does 30 pushes every other day. She counts each one.

It's not so much doing a planned exercise program, it's doing what you are able to do right now. Have you thought about mall walking? If you have a mall near you. That way you can sit and rest when you get tired. and you'll be in air conditioning. Yeah for air conditioning! Just don't walk around the food court, that's too tempting for me anyway.

We will be your chear leaders! and pep squad! You can do it!

Old 08-17-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  

Thank all of you for your encouragement. I'm so afraid I'm killing myself with my life choices. I'm REALLY going to try to make this day a new beginning.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #6  

Welcome back, Chris! You can do this! Mallwalking is a great idea. You also might want to see if you can find a pool that does Water Aerobics or where you can walk in the water. That will really keep a lot of the weight off your joints and make it easier for you to exercise without pain.

We're here to cheer you on!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #7  

Well,I went to Walmart and got my scales. I gained 12 pounds in the 3 months that I was gone. I also went the Curves and talked to a nice lady there. In 3 weeks we are leaving for another 2 months trip so I don't feel I want to join at this time, but may do that in November when we get back. We do have a pool across the street. I'm embarassed to put a suit on though....... I think I bought every green vegetable that grows in the ground.This is my pattern, I buy evrything there is to be healthy, then go great guns for about a week, so I'm going to try to do it differently this time, I'll check in several times a day and maybe the support will help me take it one day at a time.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  

Welcome to the beach!

Swimming and water aerobics may be better exercises for you if your knees aren't good. They are lower impact. There is also yoga, tai chi and pilates. I have lower back problems and have only just started walking to keep fit this year. Before that I did all the above as well as some resistance training at the gym and used the exercycle.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:16 PM   #9  

Great start! I used to be nervous about wearing a bathing suit but I found out that people really don't notice you. And if you can find a water aerobics class, often there are lots of people who need to lose weight. Many of them are there because it is easier on the joints.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:54 AM   #10  

Good Morning,
I wanted to say I made it through yesterday without eating any sugar. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
I was so busy that I didn't eat but twice, so today I'm going to work on that.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #11  

That's great about not eating sugar! You are right, though, about working on eating more often. You really need to eat something every 3-4 hours to help keep your blood sugar level.
Closed Thread