100 lb. Club - One Week Challenge: Aug 18 - 25

View Full Version : One Week Challenge: Aug 18 - 25

lessofsarahtolove
08-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Alright. Is it just me, or do you guys also have something that just makes you say, "Dang, I just wish I could get myself to......" "I would just feel so proud of myself if I......" Well, I'm taking charge -- I'm going to show my own rear end who's boss around here: I am issuing myself a one week challenge, starting Wednesday, 8/18 -- and I invite you to join me in the self-challenge of your choice. You pick. What do you think you can do for a week that would just make you so proud of yourself? Here's mine:

I am challenging myself to just blow my own doors off this week in the cardio department. I am going to get up early (6:00 a.m. on the weekdays) to do HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio (on an empty stomach) for 20 minutes every morning this week -- from Wednesday through Wednesday. 20 minutes is no biggie, right? And yet I HATE to get up early to do it -- afternoons: ok; mornings: nah-ah. Well, too bad. I'm going to get up early before work in the morning, and also first thing on the weekends too. I am committing to myself (and you guys!!) here and now that I'm going to do that every morning for 7 days, without missing a day, and I'm ALSO going to either walk on my treadmill or bike on the exercise bike for at least 20 minutes on at least 3 other occasions -- OVER and ABOVE the morning cardio. This may not be a big deal for some folks here, but this is my weakest area (I just SO love my bed in the morning!) so I'm going to prove to myself that I can do it for a week -- to start.

I will post updates here on what I did, so I'm accountable to each of you. :yes:

Anyone going to join me???? Anyone focusing on water? Reducing salt? Cutting back on sugar grams? Cardio? Weights? Eating 5 meals not 3? Reducing calories? Going for daily walks?

Pick yer poison.....and JOIN ME IN PROVING WHO'S BOSS!!!

mezmerize
08-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Wow Sarah that is some real ACTION your taking on GREAT!!! I'm with you I'll post what my plans on later tonight I really got to think of my goals for the week. (I'm in the sad/happy/mad bla bla bla pms mood right now) But I'm so with you!!!
Mez

djs06
08-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Sarah- you GO girl.

Also, you seem to read my mind. It'll be my last week-week before going back to Maryland so I want to lose as much as I can.. if I'm lucky, 3 lbs (and maybe one more before the 30th, when Im officially back!)

Heres my plan: cardio EVERY DAY, no excuses, at least 45 minutes. I had worked myself up to an hour but Ive been out of it for almost two weeks so I won't be TOO much of a fitness **** on myself. Weight lifting "to failure" (now that I know what that means! :lol: ) in each set. I will be at that gym every day to show 'em who is boss.

Also, MORE PROTEIN and less fat. If I can get that narsty fat less than 30%, I will be happy.

GOOD LUCK TO SARAH AND MEZ and whoever else decides to do this! We will KICK some ARSE! :)

Edit: whoops! I wiill need an extra day of rest before I start the exercise thing, just in case. so I'm going to modify the challenge to be "August 19-26th" if you all have no objections :)

lessofsarahtolove
08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Woo Hoo!! I'm so excited to have company in this!!! Mezster, I'll be looking forward to hearing what self-challenge you've come up with! And Dana, my love, YOU are quite the self-challenge BEASTIE with all those goals!!

Once Mez reports back on her goals, I'll post them here for all to see.

LOCK UP YOUR EXERCISE EQUIPMENT.....WE'RE TAKING NO PRISONERS!!! :tread: :strong:

Anyone else brave enough to join? :devil:

howie6267
08-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Ok I'm in. I have to start doing my back exercise's. I know I will feel so much better if I do them plus it will help to tighten up my waist line. So I will do them every day for the next week and hopefully it will stick with me.

lessofsarahtolove
08-17-2004, 01:10 PM
YAY, HOWIE!!!! I KNEW you'd come through, Mr. Man!!

Tonight I'll post a recap of everybody's commitments. I'm so excited!! :hyper:

Sheila53
08-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Good idea, Sarah!

I'm still working on the vitamin thing. I want to take my vitamins every day starting today. I also want to stretch every day. I used to do that, but somehow got out of it, and I really need it. So vitamins and stretching for me!

lessofsarahtolove
08-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh, Sheila, I'm SO happy you're participating!! :goodvibes OK! Stretching and the taking of vitamins daily, it is!! :cp:

Tammy32
08-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm glad you did this Sarah. I am going to walk at least 2 miles a day. Quite a bit lower than what I would be walking in California but there are not to many nice walking spots here. Everytime I walk here I'm afraid a car is going to run me down. Who would have known that country road drivers could drive so fast. Also, I have to hope that the neighbors dog is not out or else I can only get about an eighth of a mile done before I have to go back.

I've been having a real tough time pushing away carbs. That is my second challenge to myself. I am going to try to stay away from the extra carbs this week also. Right now I am so stressed I want to have a box of twinkies, drink a coke, and chain smoke. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Nice thought, but I won't do it but darn it I would like to.

tolose85
08-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Alrighty then...

As of yesterday, I cut back to 800 cal. I feel better on that for some reason and I have more control of my eating, It's strange but on 1200 I felt so stuffed yet never satisfied. If I cut myself off at 800 I feel just right. So I'm back on it. I will save the higher caloirc intake for maintenance (if I ever get there dang it!)

I am starting back up the walk away the pounds tonight. I am getting ready to hit that here in a few minutes.

Drinking more water since Monday.

I'll letcha know how it goes at the end of the week!

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-17-2004, 09:22 PM
OK Sarah, you're on!! Tomorrow, I will walk 3 miles, and I will contnue to do so until the wheels fall off the stroller!! Not really, but I will walk 3 miles 5 times between tomorrow and next wednesday!! Thats 15 miles-- usually my weekly goal is 10 per week! And, I will not let the taco that ruined my points today, ruin my weekly total. I'll cut back just a little each day to make up for it! Thanks Sarah, for starting this-- I needed it!!

rainnie76
08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
well I'm new here but figured I'd jump on this challenge to get myself into it.

My goals are to go for a walk nightly and to drink 4 bottles of water per day. I'm working on about 2.5 right now and really want to bump that up.

Thanks Sarah!

mezmerize
08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
My Plan is to work out everyday. (Iíll need to wake early for this yuck) Iím a night owl.

Day 1 Ė Arms & ABS of Steel (I usually do just the Abs part but Iím going to do the whole tape) Iíve seen really great results with this tape in the past.

Day 2 - Pilates on the Ball Ė After I finish this tape I always feel really great!

Day 3 Ė Walk Away the pounds with Leslie Sansone 1 mile - (Iíve never done this but seen it mentioned lots on here) It sounds like a great workout! I canít wait!!!

Day 4 - Tone & Sweat Ė I like the using the cords they help me with balance.

Day 5 - Abs yoga for beginnerís w/Rodney Yee Ė Iíd like to try Yoga (plus I want to work on my belly 2 for 1 YEAH!)

Day 6 Ė Fun Day Iíll put on dance music and let go!! LOL It might not be pretty. But will be fun! (1 hour dance craze)

Day 7 Ė Workout Tape out of the hat trick! Iíll number my tapes and pull a number out of the hat. That tape wins and so do I!!!

That's my plan Iíd like to add water but I feel that with the workouts I that should go hand in hand. Plus I really need to stay focused on the workout. Here's to everyone that is taking this bull by the horn!! :goodluck:
Mez

jomamma
08-17-2004, 09:57 PM
I am new here too, I just received an e-mail from my sister who is a runner and she has signed us up for a run in November... I "use to be" the athletic one in our family and over the last couple of years have gone down hill. I like a challenge and after reading this post and getting that e-mail I am up for both! I am going to commit to 2 miles (walking) for the next week. I will work it out to begin on the 18th with you guys! Thanks for the help!
Jomamma :angel:

Br00klyn
08-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Alright ladies... I'M IN! ;)

So my challenge to myself is to get some exercise Every Single Day for the next week AND get in my water, every single day! :D Yup, and I can do this.. I've been struggling with exercise but my goal is to at least get in the Tae-Bo 8 Minute Power Workout if I don't get to the gym.. So here it goes! Good Luck to all of you! :goodluck:

lessofsarahtolove
08-17-2004, 10:49 PM
:cheer: WOO HOO!!!!!! WHAT A MOTLEY CREW WE HAVE HERE!!! :cheer:

Behold below the names and commitments of these brave, motivated, driven folks:

Amy Jo: Walk 15 miles at 3 miles a pop, and finish the week with points on schedule

Barbara: Walk 3 miles per day; increase water to 80 oz./day; give up soda by Monday, 8/23

Celina: Work out every day; get in water every day

Claire: Exercise daily, and eat more veggies

Dana: 45 minutes of cardio per day; lift to failure every set; eat more protein and less fat (Starting 8/19 and going through next Thursday)

Gen: Exercise every day and eat no extra bread with lunch

Gretchen: 800 calories/day; Walk Away the Pounds tapes; increased water

Heather: Do as much as possible of Leslie Sansone tape 5 times, and drink one additional glass of water per day

Howie: Back exercises every day

Jomamma: Walk two miles for the next week (Welcome! :wave: )

Mez: Work out every day, focusing on the workout; increased water

Rainnie: Walk every night, drink 4 bottles of water per day (Welcome! :wave: )

Sandi: Exercise 5 times

Sarah: HIIT biking for 20 minutes every morning on an empty stomach; 3 additional cardio workouts

Sheila: Take vitamins and stretch every day

Tammy: Walk 2 miles per day and reduce carbs (and don't think about smoking! Ok, that's from me, not Tammy! :o )

ALRIGHT, NOW LET'S GET OUT THERE AND KICK SOME A$$!!!!!

gatsby
08-17-2004, 11:19 PM
great idea sarah.
please make room for one more. i've never exercised everyday so here goes
wed: gym
thurs: running clinic
fri: gym
sat: walk/jog 30 mins minimum
sun: bike out to party in the country, from the highway about 1 hour (weather permitting) and not hungover :p
mon: gym
tues: gym

and:
no extra bread at lunch

that's it
gen

lessofsarahtolove
08-17-2004, 11:29 PM
great idea sarah.
please make room for one more. i've never exercised everyday so here goes
gen

Yay!!! It's my good buddy, Gen!!! There's ALWAYS room for one more -- especially one of our lovely French-speaking friends to the north! C'est bon!

Ok, I'm adding you to the list...

heather_dw
08-18-2004, 12:12 AM
im just starting but i want to get in too. I can never finish that dang Leslie sansone tape so I am going to do as much of it as I can 5 times this week and drink at least one more glass of water per day. I just finished trying the dvd, last time i tried it months ago and could only do like 4-5mins and today i got 9 and a half, almost to the half mile mark,.. may not seem like much but it is huuuge for me. I was so happy, I called hubby at work just to tell him,.LOL

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Oh Heather I'm so excited you're joining in!!! Ok, I've added you to the line-up! I can't wait to hear about your progress! (I'm really, really proud of you!) :grouphug:

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 09:58 AM
I worked out this morning! HIIT biking for 20 minutes, over 5 miles 395 calories! :cb:

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-18-2004, 12:33 PM
OK, I just got home from walk # 1 a few minutes ago! It was REALLY hot out, so I ended up walking all the way to the hardware store for a bottle of water! (It was closer than home) So I actually did 3.5 miles! YAY!! Good luck to everyone today!!!

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Yay, Amy Jo!!! That is so great!! I'm really glad you came back here to give the update too! :cp: :cp:

rainnie76
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Well I'm at 1.5 bottles of water and I'm only at my first break. Going to fill up the bottle again before heading back to my desk.

Also going to drag my mom and daughter out for a walk this evening, not that it'll take much dragging to get my daughter out. She's four and loves to do anything like that. wish we were that way too, when do we lose it?

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Sandi
08-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm late, but since this started today, I figure I am still OK. I just said to my mom today that the one thing I am not doing that I know I need to do is exercise. So from today to next Wednesday, I will exercise 5 times!!!

artist
08-18-2004, 01:26 PM
OK, like Sandi, I am late, but you guys are so inspirationally motivated, I just have to join in! So, my challenge is to...

- exercise every day
- eat more veggies

So far today I swam for 30 mins, and have done pretty well on the veggie front (large salad for lunch....yum)!

Hope you're all doing well, and thanks for getting us started, Sarah.

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Sandi, I'm SO HAPPY that you're in this too!! :cb: :cp: :cb: I've added yout to the list!! If you feel like it -- no pressure -- post when you do it if you have time, and that way we can give you lotsa positive feedback!! (That's why I'm doing it! -- that and also I've been so lame about doing all the exercise I said I was going to do that I am determined to celebrate publicly when I don't let myself down! :) ) Aren't you glad you don't live near me so I'm not trying to get you to work out with me at 6:00 in the morning?? :lol:

mezmerize
08-18-2004, 01:50 PM
My workout this morning went great.. I felt the burn!! As a matter of fact I'm still feeling it. I love when that happens!

heather_dw - I also hate to have my family watch me do my workout. I can't focus with them there. So I told them how I feel and they understood. I'm only asking for an hour or so. They can find something to do for that amount of time. Sometimes I'll call my husband in the room and ask if my form is right. Other than that I'm alone. It's MY time. Talk to him it can't hurt.

To everyone else. Hope you have/had a great workout.
Mez

Keillynsmom
08-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi, Sarah! What a wonderful idea -- thanks for getting the ball rolling! I really need something to focus on and get going.

For this week, I'm going to get in at least 3 mi. a day, ramp up the water back to 80 oz a day and (shudder!) give up sodas by Monday.

Thanks!

Tammy32
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
I think I forgot just how motivated I was by all of you!! I do so much better when I have access to the board. I did not realize this until I lost alot of my access through this vacation. I'd like to say thanks to all for being such an inspiration!

So far, so good, I am not having to much difficulty sticking with my challenge. I walked a total of 3 miles yesterday which is more than I pledged to do, so I feel good about that. It made me realize that I certainly still have it in me to rock on. I'm staying away from any carbs that are not allotted for the day so all is well.

How's everybody else doing?

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Ok, Barbara and Claire are now added to the roster -- sorry, you guys -- I didn't see you slip in there! ;)

So far, the following have checked in - in no particular order: Tammy, Claire, Sarah, Mez, and Rainnie! Great job!!!

How's everyone else doing??

howie6267
08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
I did my back exercise yesterday and today. Also did walk away the pounds for 1/2 miles today.

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Woo hoo, Howie!! I'm sure your back is (or will be) thanking you! And good on you for the walking -- that got you bonus points!! ;)

Br00klyn
08-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Well I'm checking in now, cuz I'm just about to have dinner then I'm off to the gym! :D So, Day 1 = Success for me! :dancer:

Good job to everyone else on Day 1! We're doing it!

gatsby
08-18-2004, 09:05 PM
great going guys! three :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
my plan was to exercise everyday so although i didn't do weights and cardio, i did do a muscle toning class at the Y and i'm absolutely dead! i ache ache ache.
6 days to go, no sweat, or i should say lots of sweat, no problem :p

sarah you're a maniac and you're pulling me in :high: !

gen

lessofsarahtolove
08-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Celina and Gen -- you guys ROCK! (Gen you make me laugh! I love you, man.... :high: back atcha!)

This is FUN!!!!

Sheila53
08-18-2004, 10:02 PM
You know, I would have forgotten my vitamins if I hadn't logged on. I saw this post and thought, oh, yeah, I need to take my vitamins today. So thanks! :) I also did my stretching exercises this afternoon.

Br00klyn
08-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Well I didn't end up going to the gym.... I WALKED 7KM INSTEAD! :cb: I wasn't wanting to be stuck inside on this beautiful evening so I drove to a Provincial park with a friend and walked forever! :D

lessofsarahtolove
08-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Great job, Celina and Sheila! Sheila, I'm glad this little challenge is helping you achieve your goals! Celina, you go, go, GO, girl!!! I'm so proud of you......that's how you're going to succeed over the long haul....and you're doing it!!

NOW, HOW'S EVERYONE DOING TODAY???

I did my workout this morning!!!! I hate it when I'm turning off the alarm clock, but then I think of you guys, and I feel committed to not disappointing you (somehow it's been ok to disappoint myself for a long time now, but we're not going to go there... :dizzy: ) and then I just get up and do it! With each step down each flight of stairs, I feel better and better..... WOO HOO!!! Thank you guys for participating with me on this -- it's helping me SO much to reinforce these habits I'm trying to create! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Sheila53
08-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd already stretched this morning, but forgot my vitamins. Getting on here and seeing this post reminded me so I just got up and took them!!

lessofsarahtolove
08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm glad you took them, Sheila! And good job on the stretching! Have you considered leaving the vitamins out somewhere for a visual reminder, just for the time being, until they become a habit?

djs06
08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Since I started a day late, my day 1 (today) has been a success so far. Got my 45 minutes of cardio and my lifting in, and planned out the rest of my menu for today. Looks good!

Sarah, again, thanks for the motivation. I cna't tell you how excited it makes me when we can all do these mini challenges together!

Good job everyone!!

tolose85
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I am doin well!! Keepin on track with mty 800 cals and water, and exercise.

Woooo HOOOO This plateau can kiss my bootie buh bye!

howie6267
08-19-2004, 01:56 PM
3 days in a row I have done my back exercises. I already am feeling a little better. I also did a mile of the Two Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone. I have to take a minute break every .25 mile but I still get a pretty good workout. I figure I will do the mile until I can do it with no breaks and then move on to the second mile. Funny thing we had taco bell last night. I was good and stayed in my calories. Anyway when I was doing my walk in the office this morning somehow a left over packet of salsa got on the floor. Sure enough my big foot found it and it exploded all over the floor. LOL

artist
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
OK, I did my exercise today (30 mins walking), and I had a reasonable amount of veggies for lunch and supper.....

Tammy32
08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Celina, way to go on your long walk. If you are anything like me you felt great after you did it. I always feel so much better after I exercise and it also serves to curb my appetite for several hours afterward, for that reason, I love to walk about an hour after I eat at night to reduce my night cravings for carbs.

Sarah, I hear ya on having a hard time crawling out of bed. When school is in session I have to be up early everyday. I've learned that I have to go to bed earlier to not feel like a zombie the next morning. I am such a night owl and it kills me to have to go to bed early but it sure is better than waking up and feeling like crap. Great job on sticking with your challenge for the week!!

Dana, well done on your menu planning. I think it is great that you do that. It makes it alot easier to stay on plan when you know exactly what you are going to eat for the day. Sounds like you got an excellent workout also. Keep it up!!

Heya Gretchen, long time no talk. I'm glad that you are feeling better after situating your calories differently. I'm super happy to see that you are getting over that plateau!!

Sheila, good to hear that this thread has been a reminder for you to take your vitamins. I never thought about it before, but I bet stretching in the morning after getting out of bed would feel good. I have alot of joint pain brought on by psoriasis and I bet that would lossen me up nicely in the morning. Well done with your stretching exercises!

Howie, oh oh, I bet those back execises feel good. In not time you will be able to do that mile! Everyday you are building up more and more endurance. What an accoplishment that is going to be. You have accomplished so much already that you only keep getting better and better. Keep on truckin'!!

Claire, we posted at the same time..hehe, so I had to edit to include you also. Great job at sticking to your challenge. Btw, how is your mother doing??

Wishing everybody a most motivated day!

gatsby
08-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Hi all,

ok everyones on track. good going! :cp:
i ran today. the programme was warm-up walk 5mins/10 min run/1 min walk/ 10 min run/ 1 min walk
the actual was: warm-up 6 mins up hill, very steep, 10 min run, 1 min walk, 14.5 min run, 4 min walk.
why did i run an extra 4.5 mins? because i'm a moron. :p the instrucors didn't tell me when to walk because i was far away from them, usually they yell out to me )i'm usually at the back, way back but not last ;) . i saw a lady and an instructor walking far ahead but i didn't know if the run was over or the lady had to walk for some reason (hurt or something) so i decided to run until i caught up to them. then i said: excuse me, are we walking now? they were shocked and appolagetic. but i was happy i did it. now i'm dead again. i think i will die everyday until next wednesday when i will die period. thanks sarah.
no bread today

shall we do this again tomorrow? :yes: :yes: :yes:
gen

mezmerize
08-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Pilates went great. (Thurday) I wish I could say the same for my router. I was having some connection problems still am with the laptop. (hopefully I'll get that figured out tomorrw)

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame::flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:Those are the flames of the FAT WE ARE BURNING!!!
GRRRRRRREAT JOB EVRYONE!!!
Mez

lessofsarahtolove
08-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Hi all,

ok everyones on track. good going! :cp:

now i'm dead again. i think i will die everyday until next wednesday when i will die period. thanks sarah.
no bread today

shall we do this again tomorrow? :yes: :yes: :yes:
gen[/FONT]
Gen, my LAST intention was to do away with you! Life is so much better with you around! I think you may THINK that you're dying, but I think that in actually you're NOT. I think.

I love that running story....pretty cute, you're just running and running, I'm going to think of you next time I see an Energizer commercial. :)

lessofsarahtolove
08-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I worked out this morning too!!!!! Woo HOO!! My legs are sore from doing so much in so little time, and so frequently.........when so sleepy! But I'll survive. Or maybe I'm dead too, like Gen, and I don't know it yet. Maybe I'm actually on a Dead Like Me episode, and I don't even know it. God I hope I look cute!

Keillynsmom
08-20-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm good for the first two days of the challenge -- got in my 3 miles per day (and another Aikido practice) and working the water up. I'm sore in places I was unaware I could move.

Sandi
08-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Glad to see everyone is doing so well. My challenge was to exercise five times. Last night my mom and I took a 20 min walk. So that's 1. :D

lessofsarahtolove
08-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Ok, it's 2:49 on Day Three of the Challenge, and it's early yet, but so far we've heard from the following about their progress through yesterday:

Sandi - Great job on the walk!! (And that chocolate too! ;) )
Barbara - Woo Hoo!! Awesome - and that pain is bittersweet isn't it?
Sarah
Mez - Fabulous work!
Gen - You're so impressive, Gen....hope you got some rest!
Sheila - Way to take those vitamins and stretch!
Tammy - Tammy you are doing so beautifully -- it's so great to have you back!!
Howie - I'm so happy to hear your back is already feeling better!
Gretchen - Great job -- go, Gretchen, go!
Dana - Hitting it hard, girlfriend! I'm really proud of you.
Claire - Awesome job! Go, Claire!!

No pressure, but if the rest of you guys feel like checking in to give a report, GO FOR IT -- it would be great to hear how things are going for each one of us!! Somebody's bound to motivate somebody by posting -- either through reporting success and it gives the rest of the folks a shot in the arm, or through asking for help with struggles, and then everyone can pitch in and lend support.

We're all in this together!! Let's help one another to make this a successful week for everyone! :wave: Hope you're all having a great day. :)

artist
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Happy to report that I did my exercise today (30 min swim....before breakfast.....), and ate lots of veggies for supper! Yay!!!

Tammy - thanks for asking about my mum. She's in recuperation mode....so fed up with being tired all the time, but definitely on the road to recovery!

mezmerize
08-20-2004, 04:40 PM
I did the Walk Away the pounds with Leslie Sansone 1 mile. I LOVE IT!!! I have a small space to work out in and this was just perfect. I can't wait to try the 2 mile!!! Kudos to everyone on their review of this workout!!
I maybe shouldn't have done this but I hopped on the scale this morning (my weight in day is Wed) and I was 2 lbs down! I'm so afraid when I weight myself wed I'll be back at that 229. (I've been at 229 for the past 3 weeks) UGH!! But I'm NEVER NEVER going to GIVE UP!!!
Now everyone give them self a BIG PAT on the back for working out and for taking time out to log on to 3FC's you taking a step in the right direction.
Mez

howie6267
08-20-2004, 06:23 PM
I did mine today. Back exercise along with a mile walk with Leslie. My jeans that I have just started wearing 2 weeks ago and were still a little tight now need a belt. That's a nice feeling.

djs06
08-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Sarah, you are a MACHINE! I know I say it every day, but daaang. :)

Clare, glad you did so well, and glad to hear about your mother being on the road to recovery. I'm sending good vibes to you and your family!
Mez, you are doing so great! maybe you'll be down even more than 2 pounds. don't stress out too much. We can all tell you're working hard.
Howie, keep it up!

I went over by about 50 calories today (big whoop) but the fat percentage was jsut fine and I was very good, and pushed myself to my 45 minutes on the cross trainer even though I wanted to give up after 30. It's hard to get back into exercising every day, even if I've only really been out of it a little over a week.

How is everyone else?

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-20-2004, 09:05 PM
OK-- Here goes!
day 1 -- walked for 2.5 miles I think, or maybe it was 3
day 2 -- walked 2, and did 1/2 hour pilates
Day 3 -- walked .5 mile(started raining) did 30 mins HIIT training on elliptical machine, and a circut of weight machines!!
Plus, I've been on plan food wise all week, too! :D
So, Im quite pooped, but I expect to see some real results this week!!
Great job everybody! Keep up the work!!

gatsby
08-20-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm sore in places I was unaware I could move.i love this! way to go.
ok sarah add 1 more pledge for me: to survive.
today: upper body weights to failure (ooooh) and 30 mins cardio on crosstrainer
no bread
i actually feel much better today.
everyone is doing so amazing, good for us!

gen

heather_dw
08-21-2004, 01:52 AM
well,.. im Doing ok,.. drinking more water than before and I am behind on my leslie sansone Dvd,..got irritated because I went backwards,..could only do like 8 or so minutes this time as opposed to the 9 and a half from last time,. im getting ready to do it again tonight, so I will be right on schedule.

Tammy32
08-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Heather, It's not the fact that you went back by a minute but that you actually did it at all!! You are doing fantastic. It may be frustrating now but you are doing far better than I think you realize. Keep it up!!

gatsby
08-21-2004, 02:16 PM
heather i agree with tammy. sometimes you can't go as stongly or as long as the previous day because your body needs time to repair itself. hang in there you're doing great. doing it is 99.9% of the battle.

i went for my run today. long soft uphills, short and steep, downhills and flats. i did 3 sets of 10 run and 1 walk. :p and i biked home 10 minutes fast.

i almost forgot i wasn't to have extra bread, half buttered the roll and oops had to put it back.

let's hope it doesn't rain tomorrow: biking planned.

hup hup all :dizzy:

gen

lessofsarahtolove
08-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Alright, well, would you look at US!!! I am so proud of this group I could just explode!

Heather, I agree with Tammy and Gen.....don't worry about the minute!!! I think Gen's absolutely right about your body being in recovery mode. Just keeping doing what you can do, and you'll see that you'll be able to do more and more as you move forward. You're doing SO GREAT!! You've seen how much support you've gotten here, we're all here for you and by your side. Think of us when you need to, when you need to draw on us for strength or faith. We all know you can succeed and are very proud of the steps you've taken so far. :grouphug:

Claire, first off hugs for your mum -- glad to hear that she's recuperating nicely! And great job to you on staying on plan...doesn't it feel so good?!

Mez -- AWESOME news about the Leslie tapes!! And we'll be waiting to hear news on Wednesday, I just know it! Just keep working out, and up that water!! Are you doing it that way we talked about?

Howie, you wonderful guy, I'm just so proud of you! Great job sticking to those daily back exercises, and the PANTS thing is just so amazing......I'm so excited for you and Mrs. H both!

Dana, you are an ANIMAL! 45 minutes on the crosstrainer is FABULOUS! And I think you're so wise to keep an OVERALL perspective on your eats rather than just focusing on one aspect. I think you're doing just SO great, Dananator!

Amy Jo, you are just on a MISSION! Pretty soon I'm going to have to take back what I said about being a plus sized model, and just take out that "plus sized" part......you'll be able to give that Emme all your old clothes! :lol3:

Gen, you are just my hero. You really are so impressive to me. I am so glad you're taking part in this!! And you're doing SO SO SO WELL!!!!!!

Tammygirl, it is just SO good to have you back....and I think you're doing just GREAT on this challenge!! I can't wait to hear good news at your next weigh-in!

I worked out again today, so here's my progress on the challenge:
Wed - 21 min HIIT
Thu - 22 min HIIT
Fri - 20 min HIIT, plus 40 min steady rate
Sat - 23 min HIIT

We're doing it, you guys -- EXCELLENT job to EVERYONE!!

Sheila53
08-21-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm proud to say that I've remembered for the last two days to take my vitamins and do my stretching. :)

Kudos to everyone who is participating--this is a great challenge!

howie6267
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Well today was a busy day. I decided to tackle the kitchen closet. It was a mess and we wanted to make it an area of storage for the upper area and a closed off kitty bathroom for the bottom area. So I got my power tools out AH AH AH and went to work. I got everything out and built an inclosure for the bottom half and installed shelfs for the top half. Then I cut a kitty door in the bottom of the door. It works great. However by the time I got to my back exercise I was to sore to do the whole routine. I managed to do the ones that really help but was to sore to go on. I got plenty of other exercise so I feel pretty good about the day. It was a treat day for us so I won't talk about that but right back at it tomorrow.

mezmerize
08-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Your SO SO RIGHT Sarah this group is KICKING BUTT!!! YEAH US!!!!

My Sweat and Tone went great... I feel so darn GOOD after my workouts I'm so happy!!!

Sarah the tip you gave me on water is working out great!!! I'm not holding my breath on Wed. weight in. I'm nervous as h*ll! But... I'm going to sing to myself these little ditties (Christina Aguilera) - Fighter and (Hot Chocolate) - You Sexy Thing. Then one moring and I'll wake to put on my jean and sing this (David Dundas) - Jeans On ( just showed my age and it's 2:30 a.m)

I also have a plan for my FUN DAY. Let me know what you think.
I really want to do an HIIT workout. So this is going to be the MEZSTER WAY
(since I can't afford a gym right now)
Here's the workout

1 - Play a couple slow song to warm up then
2 - (2 to start) really fast song to get my body moving
3 -Then take it down to some slow songs ( 2 again) and so on
I plan on doing that for an 1 hour workout but I'll see how long I can hold up. I'll push myself a bit but not to much and watch my heartbeat. What do you think of that plan?
Mez

howie6267
08-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Did my mile walk and my back exercises today.

gatsby
08-22-2004, 10:38 PM
oh howie i wish i had a cat door on my closet so i could close the door! i don't think the landlord would appreciate that though. good going on the back exercises, a strong back will make everything you do so much easier.

mez, i think that sounds like a great workout because it will be fun and you can sure work up a sweaqt dancing.

today, after struggling to get the bike in the van, didn't think we were going to make it, i cycled out through the country to the bbq. (don't worry i brought a change of clothes). it took me 1h13m, biking past the corn fields(thankfully noone was speading pig manure like last year, gag gag gag). it was a beautiful sunny day.

so have a great week all
gen

mezmerize
08-23-2004, 03:25 AM
Day 5 - Abs yoga for beginnerís w/Rodney - I didn't enjoy this at all I was bored and wish I had done somthing else. The moves were hard and I don't see how a beginner would know the moves. He went way to fast and didn't really explain how to pose. I did stick with it but I feel I will put this in my rummage sale pile. I've not given up on yoga. I just don't care for this tape.

Howie do you hire out? My daughter could use a door for her cats. :) It's great that you some of your back exercise in.

gatsby Thank for the thumbs up on my dance workout. I hope it turns out beter than the yoga. :) Sounds like you had a nice ride. I have always found it peaceful. It's good that it wasn't to humid. I live in the midwest so I know how humid those corn fields can be and that pig manure spray. ewwww I'm glad you had a nice workout.
Mez

lessofsarahtolove
08-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Hello, all!! :wave:

Well, I'm pressed for time, so this is going to be a quick one. Great job to each of you guys who posted your success!! I am really excited that this challenge has turned out so well, and that everyone's getting something out of it.

Here's my update:
Sunday - 20 min. HIIT; 45 minutes steady rate
Monday - 20 min. HIIT

I am still really struggling getting up early on the weekdays to do it -- it's through sheer will that I'm forcing myself to do it. But I couldn't very well come here and report that I didn't follow through when I started this darn thing and everyone else is working so hard to meet their commitments could I? So I feel the pressure to not disappoint you guys, and it's working!! Thank you for that, and for all the support you all give.

Rock on, everyone!

howie6267
08-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Did my mile and back exercise today. I want to thank you for starting this Sarah. It has really got me motivated. Not only have I been doing my back exercise but also walking a mile a day. This has been so good for me. I can't wait to see it show up on the scale. At least I hope it does.

lessofsarahtolove
08-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Howie, my man, I am truly SO glad that I was able to help you. I am so excited about your progress AND mine! I really look up to you, Howie; you've worked so hard to achieve what you have, and you never complain or give up hope. If this little challenge was instrumental in giving you an extra shot in the arm, I couldn't be happier!

I was looking for some extra pressure to meet my commitments to myself, and look what happened! People are taking vitamins, doing their back exercises and walking for miles, skipping extra bread and working out every day!! Yee ha!! (Spoken like the downtown New Yorker that I am! :dizzy: ) Behold the power of teamwork and community! :goodvibes

My workout this morning was AWESOME! I did 6 1/4 miles in 20 minutes!! I thought I was going to die, but that's ok... ;)

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-23-2004, 09:31 PM
OK ladies (and gent!)I hear that everyone has been doing really great! Im so proud of us! I styed on plan all week until last night when pouncake and strawberries got me! I've been walking so much I can even remember the miliage, but I know Ive logged over my weekly goal of 10. I weighed in this morning, and was a little dissappointed with only 1/2 pound gone, so I'll cheat and weigh again in the am to see if its different. Id say it probably will be. So, Im really glad to hear about your-alls successes, this really WAS a great idea!! PS...I bought an EPT tonight--we'll see in the morning!?!?!

Sheila53
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
I second those thanks, Sarah. I have taken my vitamins every day since we started this, and done my stretching exercises. Today I did them at 5:30 pm, but I did 'em!

Br00klyn
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Well I have to confess Ladies... I failed the challenge :(

From Thursday until Sunday, I was really bad with food, water and exercise..

However, on a positive note, today I stayed on plan with food and water.. Now tomorrow I need to get back into the exercise. I'm not gonna let a few days throw me off track when I was doing so well. :D

lessofsarahtolove
08-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Aw, Celina, I don't there's any failure in trying. You can pick it right up tonight, this very minute......finish it up on a positive note, having regained control of your choices and choosing to do what's most important to you. I consider you a success for jumping right back on plan and not letting it throw you completely off track. I'm not asking you to share right here -- not trying to get ALL in your bidness :lol: -- but do you know why you got derailed? Sometimes it's possible to identify a trigger, or see what was really on your mind....and there's value in learning from it. I'm REALLY proud of you, Celinagirl, and I know you're going to put this behind you and move forward. Just don't give up on the challenge, ok?? Why don't you just add the days to the end and continue longer? Then you'll know you did the 7 days and can totally own your success in completing the challenge? Just an idea. Tell you what -- if you add the days to your challenge, I'll add the days to mine.....day for day. You just let me know, girlfriend. I'm in if you're in. :yes:

Sheila and Amy Jo -- you guys are just making me smile!! :D I'm really proud of both of you!

howie6267
08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
You can do it Celina. It does not matter if you made the challenge or not. This challenge got us thinking about what we need to do and then got us doing it. Even if it was not every day you are trying. And every day that you do good will help you in your goal.

Tammy32
08-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Grrrr..I had a message all typed up and my daughter hit the keyboard and *poof* it was gone in less than a second.

Amy Jo, you are so much more patient than I am. I could never wait til morning to take a pregnancy test. I don't think I once took a morning test cause anticipation killed me..hehe..I know, that morning urine is supposed to be the best. Good luck and let us know..

Celina, I have tons to say and no time to say it. The baby is right at my leg screaming. In short, I agree with what Sarah said. I'm in to if you want to add those days to the challenge. I'm here for ya.

I've got a truly stressful day tomorrow and I need to share cause it is killing me. Emotionally tomorrow could be one of the hardest for me since I can remember in many many years. But, the baby is not going to permit me to be on here any longer. You all take care.

gatsby
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
let's just say i'm glad i didn't put beer on my hit list.

ok today: weights upper body (to failure bien sure) and 30 minutes cardio on crosstrainer
no extra bread (note the word extra hehe)

i won't get a day off until saturday, maybe sunday so celina if you want i'll run the extra mile with you too. oh girl you don't know how much i love bread (of course in la belle province low carb is never an option)

:coach: :cheer:

gen

mezmerize
08-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Why don't you just add the days to the end and continue longer? Then you'll know you did the 7 days and can totally own your success in completing the challenge? Just an idea. Tell you what -- if you add the days to your challenge, I'll add the days to mine.....day for day. You just let me know, girlfriend. I'm in if you're in.

Celina I'm on the other side of you. I'll add days to the challenge. You didn't fail...
Mez

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Celina, just hop you little butt right back on plan today! I know you can do this!!! :angel:

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh, and I woke up and had to pee so bad that I forgot to take the damn test! :mad:

lessofsarahtolove
08-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Oh, and I woke up and had to pee so bad that I forgot to take the damn test! :mad:
:rofl: :lol3: :lol: :lol3: :rofl:

lessofsarahtolove
08-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Alright, everybody!! Let's get some checking in, here!! We're on the second to last day of the challenge (for most of us -- nod to Dana here. :yes: ) and I'm thinking we're all interested in how the group as a whole is doing! So let's all check in and give an update. :coach:

I'll start: Did my HIIT this morning -- I rode 6.75 miles in 23 minutes!!!! I just find it so interesting that the harder I push myself, the more I produce. It's like the harder I push, the harder I can push. Very, very cool. I still need to do another 40 minutes of steady rate cardio, and of course there's tomorrow morning's HIIT to contend with as well.....this is still very difficult for me. Not complaining, just 'fessing up to my bud's here. :^: I'm soooo proud of myself, but I'm not sure I could maintain a steady diet of this......we'll see. At the very least, I'm totally committed to doing HIIT 5 days a week, and on the days that I don't do it in the morning, I'll do it after work. That's still enormous progress, considering I'm also getting back to my weight training as well. We'll see. The jury's still out. :chin:

Gen, you make me laugh...."beer on the hit list!" :lol: Great job sticking to your plan and the challenge!! You completely inspire me.

Now how is the rest of the group doing????

Celina, I'm not trying to put you in the spotlight, and seriously no pressure, REALLY -- but isn't it just so nice to see that we've got your back?? Seriously, girl, the offer stands....I'm ABSOLUTELY COMMITTED to matching you day for day, and so are Mez and Gen and Tammy. We are women of our word, so if you want to take us up on our offers, then we're DOWN with it! If not, we're still all around you giving you support and good vibes :goodvibes so you just let us know what you've decided. :p

howie6267
08-24-2004, 04:31 PM
I did mine today. Same as the rest of the week. Only thing is I weighed today to see if I had made any progress and I'm 3 lbs up. I don't know if it's water or muscle or what. I have two days until my regular weigh in so we will see what that says. I'm not really to disapointed because of the big loss last week and I know I'm doing the right stuff.

Sheila53
08-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Right on track for me. Had already done my stretches when I checked in here, but saw the thread and ran for the vitamins. :)

tolose85
08-24-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm doing well... What is Tammy talking about? What is going on??? Is she ok?? Does anyone know what she is referring to in that post about an emotional day? I hope she is ok.. I am keeping her in my thoughts today...

AMY JO..... I am missing so much here... You might be pregnant? WOW Congrats... Please keep us posted... wowowowowowowo!!

Howie and Shelia... Great job!! Sarah thanks again for starting this... Where is this weeks post or are we using the one from last week.

I feel great!

Annie-Rose
08-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Hey Well done everyone!
Tammy I hope today was O.K and am sending you :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Tammy32
08-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the concern. I had a court date today. It could have become very, very ugly. Luckily it did not, and I got an outcome that was better than I could have ever imagined getting. I have alot to be grateful for tonight and for that I am so thankful.

I have to confess though that last night I was a wreck and had five cookies. It's the only real big goof I have had during this challenge. I have accumulated over 15 miles of walking during this challenge. So, for the most part I am right on track.

mezmerize
08-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Tammy I'm glad everything turned out ok. 15 miles of walking is realy great.

As for me I'm right on track. My dance craze was fun. I'm not sure if any of you you have Media Plus Digital Media Edition- On mine it has little people you can put on your screen and they dance. So I did my best to copy their dance. My husband and kids now think I'm weird. ( I already knew that) ;)

I haven't did my workout today I plan to later tonight. (Things were a bit cazy this morrning)
Mez

gatsby
08-24-2004, 09:25 PM
it's a positive feedback mechanism sarah, you inspire me! in fact you all do! thank you sooooo much for being here!

today i biked to and from work, 20 minutes total
lower body weights workout
30 minutes on treadmill, intervals, hills and jogging
no bread at all

when does this end today or wednesday? not that i'm counting but my mom has a whole bag of buns left over from the bbq sitting on her counter :o .
come on celine keep me away from those little devils and say we go a few more.

gen

djs06
08-24-2004, 11:47 PM
the good: thursday-sunday i went to the gym and ate well.
the bad: my best friend came to visit and stayed longer than i thought she would, so i missed two days at the gym and ate pretty badly.
the silver lining: i will prevail. i feel crappy now, but i will be a good girl tomorrow. it's just been feeling like i'm fighting a losing battle lately.

lessofsarahtolove
08-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Ok, did the HIIT this morning *CHECK* (and, now, yawn! :yawn: ) My final remaining commitment for completing this challenge is the third 40-minute session of steady rate cardio. That is scheduled for this evening, thank you very much. :yes: I am loving how my legs feel, and for the most part I've seen my energy level improve. Last night I was a dope and stayed up too late, but then still had to get up early this morning and do the HIIT before work......what the heck was I thinking giving my commitments so many witnesses??? :lol: I'm feeling like this challenge has been a raging success, overall.....I am overflowing with hearts and flowers for you guys! How lucky are we to have access to one another like this? This site is such a gift, truly. I also happen to think you guys kick some major tush in the departments of motivation and support! Are you feeling the love? Because I'm sending it out there, like it or not! :love:

We're not done yet, but Gen, Mez, Tammy, Howie, Sheila, Gretchen, Dana and Amy Jo, I've got your tickets. I see how you are. I see the writing on the wall. Mm hmm :yes: ........HUGE kudos for seeing this through!! I'm so proud of you guys!! I know there are more success stories out there, but I haven't yet heard them report in......so I am VERY excited to post a final acknowledgement once all is said and done! :hyper:

Celina, you are hereby in charge of starting the next challenge, girlfriend!! :D I think you did just great, and I know you can do anything to which you set your mind.

howie6267
08-25-2004, 02:05 PM
I started on the day you started this thread so I made it for a week yesterday. However I still did mine today and will continue to do so.

Tammy32
08-25-2004, 02:16 PM
I did the same Howie. I figured the extra was good for me. When I am at home I exercise everyday anyways so this is good for me. Getting me back on track for when I get home. I've toyed with weights only a little, but when I get home I will be adding weights at least three times a week to my exercise program.

tolose85
08-25-2004, 04:16 PM
I am doing GREAT GREAT GREAT.. I FEEL GREAT GREAT GREAT... Whooo HOOOO!! Thank ya Sarah.. Are We ready for the next challenge??

lessofsarahtolove
08-25-2004, 04:19 PM
OMG. You're killin' me. Ok....I'm in if I can commit to, um, SLEEPING! :faint:

mezmerize
08-25-2004, 05:51 PM
It was an Arms & ABS of Steel today for me. Usually I don't feel much in my arms but today.... they feel like noodles. I've really enjoy this week. I want to do Something thing everyday. I do have a question is it ok to workout everyday? (I do something different everyday) Or does one need to give their body a day to rest and rebuild? The reason I ask is someone told me that it was best to give the body a rest. I feel really great I don't feel I should take a break.
Mez

lessofsarahtolove
08-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Mez, I say go for it!! I have heard it recommended that we exercise every single day. It's NOT recommended that weight/resistance training is performed daily, as the muscles need time to recover from the tearing down that is part of the process. But things like Walk Away the Pounds tapes, dancing, crunches, etc....there's no reason not to do them every day if you're up for it! You go, Mezster, you little spitfire! :flame:

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Well, I cant believe I made it! :D
I didn't do quite as much as a few of you, but all in all I had a good week. I walked a total of 13 miles this week ( 3 over goal), and did HIIT 2 days, with weights after. I ate on plan all week, except for Sunday night, and I feel great. On another note, Aunt Flo came this morning, so no need to take EPT. I have to say it though...I'm a little dissappointed. Who knew!?!
Thank you Sarah, for starting this, adn for keeping us so motovated (and everyone else too for that)! I'm so glad to be a part of this group!! :angel:

Sheila53
08-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Took my vitamins every day and stretched every day. Now I've just got to keep it up.

suzi in auz
08-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Ok I'm on the challenge and accountable to you all! I'm new too. Challenge for me. Start Pilates tape...not just think about it. Continue walking daily!see ya next wednesday!

Br00klyn
08-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Awww you guys! I love you! :grouphug: You seriously are keeping me going! THANK YOU! Now, I'm not making excuses but I'm really sick with a cold so am finding it tough to exercise as I have NO energy... However, I'd totally be up for starting another challenge on Monday.. In the meantime, I have still stayed on track with Food & Water... :D

Kudos to all of you for sticking with the challenge! :bravo: :cheer: :cb:

lessofsarahtolove
08-26-2004, 12:30 PM
So have we heard from all the participants who care to give a final report??? (Dana I know you're on your last day.) :)

gatsby
08-26-2004, 07:22 PM
so i didn't exercise yesterday (had a nice bbq party at my sister's though) and this morning i woke up with a cold! ugh.
i'm planning a hills jog for tomorrow after weights but we'll see how i feel. i'm not supposed to execise when sick right?
congrats to all!!!! the challenge was set and you met it so: woohooo.

thanks sarah and thanks to you all for the support and motivation.

gen

howie6267
08-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Nice side note. People are finally starting to say I look like I've lost weight. I have had two people the last 2 days come up to me and ask how much I've lost. Sure does feel nice.

djs06
08-26-2004, 09:59 PM
My last day was a success. I got to the gym and did 45 minutes on the cross trainer and lower body weights and ate on track.

So five of the seven days I exercised and ate decently, although if every day was like today I probably would have been a lot happier with the week.

Congrats to everyone... we had a great week!

lessofsarahtolove
08-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Yay Dana!! Great job finishing up the challenge!! I'm really proud of you -- and it sounds like you had a fabulous day!!

Suzi in auz, sorry, this challenge has ended -- but keep your eyes open for the next one, and we'll look forward to hearing how that pilates tape and the walking is going for you! Be sure to stop by our Weekly Weigh-in Thread and/or post an intro!

Howie, that is so great!! Isn't it such a great feeling???? I was just telling someone that hearing that is like getting a tall, ice cold glass of water when you're dying of thirst on a hot summer's day.....it is just so, so satisfying and energizing isn't it? Go, H!!

Alright, everybody, here's the moment we've all been waiting for........drumroll please....... :hyper: :hyper:

:smug: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :smug:

Here's the final report!!! I'm going to ask that everyone get up on their feet and give these guys a great big round of applause!!!
These are the folks who reported in that they successfully finished up the challenge:

Amy Jo
Dana
Gen
Gretchen
Howie
Mez
Sarah
Sheila
Tammy

Great job to EVERYONE who committed to trying!

I am so proud of you guys, and so honored to share this journey with you all!! YAY US!!!!!! :high:
:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

Br00klyn
08-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Amy Jo
Dana
Gen
Gretchen
Howie
Mez
Sarah
Sheila
Tammy

Congrats to you all for sticking with it! You're all such inspiration to me! :D

Tammy32
08-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Sarah, what is that addy for the HIIT info again. I can't seem to find it and I wanted to print it out. Or if anyone else has it bookmarked please share. :) Thanks.

lessofsarahtolove
08-27-2004, 12:05 PM
First of all -- DANA, I love that picture!!! You are beautiful!! I really need to get a pic on there too -- we need to get another digital camera to replace the one we broke! Anyway, it's wonderful to have a face to attach to you! :)

Tammy here you go: the first one (http://davedraper.com/hiit-cardio-training.html) is from Dave Draper's site; the second (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru11.htm) is from a weight training/bodybuilding site that I like.

How are you guys??

djs06
08-27-2004, 08:06 PM
aw, that was real nice of you sarah! thanks :)