Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:55 PM   #1  

Default FRIENDS WITH RA & OA...#8

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post650992

You can click above to read the last page....thread was pretty loaded.

Well, I'm back from vacation! It was wonderful...& we needed it so much! Joanne...I walked that beach a lot! Found a lot of sea shells, a couple of sand dollars. Went on a cruise & saw dolphins! Very relaxing week. I did miss all of you, though. I didn't have access to a computer, so had to wait until I was back to post. Happy Canuk...sorry, you didn't know where I was. Thought all knew.

Sorry for the aches & pains...& your sister, Joanne. I'm praying for all of you.
I did pretty well, considering my problems. Only real problems were the sleeping arrangements. First few days on twin beds. (our granddaughters) My DH on one, & me on the other. This was fine...just too springy of a mattress, & flat pillows. Then, the motor home at the beach just had a full-size bed...haven't slept that close to DH since the honeymoon 36 yrs ago!!

Well, I've got unpacking to do, & I'm tired. I'll post more tomorrow. Everyone take care.
Charlotte

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:28 AM   #2  

Angel welcome back! So glad you enjoyed your vacation....does you the world of good having a break. Sounds as if you had a lovely time. I have missed you as I am sure everyone else has too.

Well as you see by my posting it just after five am and I am sitting here having just sent my son and DH off to the airport to pick up my new DIL who is flying in from Florida. Luckily they were evacuated to Ft Lauderdale from her parents time share place on Senedal Island(I think thats it) as it is no longer there thanks to Hurricane Charley. Anyway my son had a return flight booked from New York so he came yesterday. All good fun! I have been up most of the night anyway thanks to this darn desease. Having a real grotty time of it at the moment but maybe it will pass. Right I am going to try grab forty winks before theyre back. Catch everybody soon......hope y'all feeling ok...Night!
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

Angel- I am glad you had a good rest... There is nothing like the beach to heal our troubles.. My sister is no better.. They are going to put in a pacer and the same thing Cheney has after some tests.. We are all very worried about her... Her emotions are so up and down that that is going to do harm to her healing .Her hubby is there most of the time and I get over as often as I can..Please keep her in your prayers..
Hello everybody... I am sorry to not address all of you at this time.. Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #4  

Joanne

I want you to know...I closed my eyes & prayed for you, your sister, & family, before I posted. My heart goes out to all of you. Do know that you have friends here, that you can come to any time. I've grown close to all of you. When you hurt, I hurt. I can feel the sadness in your words, my friend. Please take care of yourself, & know that we are here for you anytime you need our "shoulders".

Iamgonnadoit

That your family was involved in Hurricane Charley. So thankful everyone is safe. I found out with the fire & theft, that if we still have our family, we have a lot. Just remind them...they are blessed.

I was up all night, also. I've noticed a pattern of not sleeping much the week before my treatments. I go for Remicade Tuesday. (24th) I feel for you not feeling well. I do hope you're better today.

I made the trip pretty well...as I said, but haven't felt well at all the last couple of days. Been kind of "fluish feeling". (hopefully not a flare-up coming on) Then, this morning, I started itching while cooking breakfast. I went to the bathroom to check, & the lower half of my body is broke out in a rash! Now, I have rashes from the Methotrexate, & really itch. But, this looked different. This was very pronounced, & settled into little tiny red spots. I've went online to find out what it might be. There's all kinds of rashes told concerning RA...but, no pics to help me....or discription.
Now, I'm allergic to a lot of things....so....
Does anyone have any idea what this is? Or how to get rid of it. I don't want to go to the Dr. I'm afraid they'll postpone my treatment. I wonder, too, if it has anything to do with the "fluish feeling".

I didn't mean to turn this into a post about me....just thought someone might have an idea.

Well, gotta go. Hope all of you have a great evening. And I REALLY hope all of you experience some pain-free hrs.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:06 PM   #5  

Hi All,

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted......overtime at work and my crazy house. Glad to hear the you had a great vacation Charlotte......sorry about the rash. That sounds awful in the heat. I've got no good advice on that one......other than taking a bath with aveno.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your sister and family, Joanne. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Goldenoldie.....saw the pics of your hubby on the WLS thread. You can really see the loss in his face.

Me? Still waiting on a referral to see a WLS doc. Can't believe how long it's taking. Doc also wants to test my thyroid (sp?). Not really sure what will come of that....maybe some weight loss? Back is bothering me on and off....went to lay my neice on the floor and my back went out....was on an incline and the next I knew, I dropped to my waist. Didn't drop the baby, thank God, but it definately scared me. Really need to be more careful.

I'm in a funk. Was talking to one of my girlfriends today, ranting about life and the fact that the men in my life seem to think there's a cleaning fairy that washes all the towels and empties the dishwasher. We're thinking about just getting away for a a weekend or something. The more I think about it the better the idea becomes....even if she can't make it maybe it would be good for me to just get away.....get a room with a huge tub I can soak in without anyone bugging me. Sometimes it's the small things that seem to be the greatest blessings....know what I mean?

Well, that's about it for now......hope everyone is doing well.

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #6  

Hi Charlotte, Joanne, Pam, and Deb.

Boy everybody seems to be having a rough time of it right now. I do hope that today will find some of you feeling better.

Charlotte - I don't know how I missed you were going away. I really DO read the threads I guess somethings just don't absorb I am glad that you had a good trip and enjoyed the change. It's nice to have you back.

Joanne - Well, I don't know what to say. I will surely keep your sister in my prayers. She is sure going through a bad time. My brother has really bad heart problems, and when he had bypass surgery, we almost lost him 3 times. He was in the hospital from the 02 Feb until mid April. The heart just wouldn't co-operate. He was only 57 at the time. He is doing really well now, but he also has Atrial Fibrillation. I know this is hard on you, but I also know you are a strong lady and will get through whatever is thrown at you. I sure am here for you.

Pam - glad your family arrived and I do hope that you are feeling better now. It is so hard to have company when you don't feel well, even if it is your kids.

Debb - Sorry to hear about your back. Most of them seem to out more than in! I know mine is Getting away for a weekend would be great for you. I know when we go away for a few days, it is such a refreshing brake. I LOVE to go the mountains, but this year we won't. It seems that the people who look after Parks Canada, are on strike. So, we might pass through on our way out to the westcoast later next month.

Laura - Hope you enjoyed your visit with the litte grandson. I am sure he was ecstatic to see his mommy and his grandma.

Ageoldie - Hi. Hope you are feeling better than you were.

Well, not much new with me. My mammogram came back good this time, so I don't have to go back for another for 1 or 2 years. That was a relief. Also, the hip x-ray shows o/a , so it is just another pain added to the pile. Have been taking Celebrex, but had to stop last night. It was burning from my stomach right up the esophagus. I have tried Betrex and might see about it again. It seems to get my bowel in a dither. Can't win here. I am going to do some reading and find out which foods cause inflammation and which ones fight it. Also, I will start to take Bromelain again. It is a good anti-inflammatory and stomach enzyme all in one.

Hope you ladies have all had yourself a decent day.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 08-19-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 AM   #7  

Turn up your speakers and get your day started - RIGHT. This is soooo cute. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.spiritisup.com/cuppy.html
Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 PM   #8  
Hang In There

I am feeling much better this week, I hope it not a pattern, but my flares seem to be closer together and last longer with each one. But I did make it through this one.

Deb. sorry you are having such a hard time.

Joanne, you have my prayers.

Angel, glad you had a good time

Pam. have fun with you kids

Anne, I'm thinking about you too

In case you are wondering what Deb was talking about, I posted pictures of mt DH before his WLS and this year (about 2 1/2 and 240 pounds later.) I you would like to see it, the link is

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sho...3438#post653438
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:52 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Good Morning Everybody.. Monday morning and I have already gone and had blood work done,came home and made breakfast, and now I have to wash the dishes. My sister is hanging in doing O.K. She tires easy but that is expected. her heart isn't doing the job. Her daughters are going in often to help her. My son got engaged yesterday. He has been single over 20 years. This time I think he hit the jackpot.. No wedding date yet. I hope they keep it simple. She asked me to help her plan. I will try to guide her to a small affair. Her name is Connie. She is half Japanese and half American. Really sweet and pretty. I suspect she has a will of her own but so far has not shown it to us. She was married before and has 2 grown children. My son was married once and has no children. They are thinking about trying for one..Time will tell.
I am doing fine. I need to get back into my walking routine.. I lost my motivation somewhere.I am trying to not see the temptations.
Bye...Joanne
Old 08-23-2004, 11:35 PM   #10  

Are we stopping this thread? Nobody has posted for awhile. I hope you are all ok and not in some huge flare. The weather has turned cold here is Alberta and it is barely 50F at the peak of the day, couple that with rain, and you get pain, pain, pain!! Boy, I want some more summer weather or the cold without the dampness. That is brutal!!

Well, if nobody posts soon, I will take it that the thread is dead.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:47 AM   #11  

Didn't want the thread to die.
I don't know about anyone else, but having a huge flair right now. It's all I can do to work, get home, start getting ready for kids going back to school, etc.

I bet once fall starts and things get back into a routine, it'll pick back up in here.

Kim
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #12  

Default Hey There

Happy...50 degrees! It is still in the 90's here in Fl. I think that a lot of us have gotten sidetracted this past week. I know it has been a difficult past couple weeks for me. I feel that I am just getting back to something normal..Whatever normal is...Hello everybody...
Back later...Joanne
Old 08-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #13  
Hang In There

today was one of the hottest of the year here in Dallas Texas. And it rained yesterday so it was humid too. I am feeling a good bit better, more energy and not so much pain.

Other than that I don't have anything to say, mine is a boring life.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #14  

Hi everybody...
Sorry for being gone so long. I was having a terrible flare. It lasted several days. I was to get my treatment yesterday, but, after I got there, I was told the Dr was out sick, & couldn't get it. They had tried to reach me, but was too late. A Dr has to be there, nearby, because of risk of complications. Now, I have to find someone to go with me tomorrow. It's hard to find someone to drive me, for everyone works. I tried to slip it on my own the last two times. Got caught the last time, though, & chewed out by dr & nurse, as it's dangerous with all the Zyrtec, Benadryl & Remicade in me. I just don't like to bother anyone.
We've really got the coming down today!!

Hope all are doing well. Joanne, hope your son & future DIL have a great future together. Still praying for your sister.

I'll be back when I'm feeling better.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #15  

How is everyone? No, I dont want the thread to close either. I havent been on for a while as I have been in a really wild flare. I am as miserable as anything and hurt from my neck down to my toes. I have had some very different type pains added to this flare as well. They are like nerve pains behind my left knee. My left leg has been really bad this time, so much so that I have been using a cane. Makes me feel about 90 using it but havent had an option really. Next Tuesday I have my Rheumy appointment and I cant wait. Ridiculous! Looking forward to seeing your Rheumy. ...Oh well. Seems as if I am not the only one flaring. The weather is not helping here in the UK I am sure. We have had rain everyday for about 2 weeks. The rainfall is a major concern over here at the moment as its causing flooding problems in many areas. Anyway I hope those of you that are feeling rough, start to feel better soon. Right I am going to bed so I will catch you again soon, hopefully I will be in a better mood.

Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote