Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default Need help with breakfast ideas...

Hey, the good news is that my whole family is going to start this diet, so that means I can count on lunches and dinners being within the rules. I originally had to scratch out the SBD on my list of diets to try because I have extremely limited access to the kitchen. (Live with elder sister and her husband, finding time to cook around their schedules would be impossible.)

Anyway, like I said, they are going to be doing this too now, so that covers lunch dinner and most snacks. The biggest problem is going to be breakfast. Again, I won't have access to the kitchen in the mornings, (or at night either) so I need ideas for things that I can buy on the go, or easily get a hold of and eat at work.

Any ideas?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #2  

Give us a little more information and we will try to help. Do you have a refrigerator where you can store things? Do you have a microwave or some other way to warm stuff up? Many mornings I eat yogurt. You could also hard boil eggs ahead of time.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #3  

Yeah, work has a microwave and a fridge. So that's not a problem. I am in need of Phase I ideas, oh also - I have uh (looks embarassed) never really cooked before, so this is pretty overwhelming right now. I am so glad the rest of the family is going to be doing this too, that helps on the cooking issue!! ROFL!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #4  

If you are interested in learning how to cook, take a look at a basic cookbook like Betty Crocker. That will have the basics (like how to cook eggs in different ways and different ways to fix vegetables). Many of the recipes could be converted to South Beach. For Phase 1 you can have plain yogurt and can add sugar free flavorings (vanilla is good). I'm having trouble imagining other things for Phase 1 breakfasts but maybe someone has some ideas. Leftovers would work too. You can just heat them up at work.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:50 AM   #5  

I don't really like eggs so I eat them once in a while but I buy low fat ham and low fat cheese and roll that up and put some mustard on it for breakfast.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Lilwolfe, have you checked out the recipe section here?
You can have almost anything for breakfast as long as it's OP. I sometimes have leftover chili for breakfast.
Closed Thread