South Beach Diet - The Weekend! - August 14 and 15

View Full Version : The Weekend! - August 14 and 15

Ruthxxx
08-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Hey! It may NOT rain today according to the forecast. :) That'll be a nice break. I have mold growing on my gardening boots!

I had a really quiet day on the homefront yesterday - some sewing, dog petting and a nap! It was great! I did a roast chicken for dinner with more beans from the garden. When I was picking them, I discovered the first tomato, a nice big beefsteak! They're starting up!

This morning we have a Church meeting at Claire's house with muffins and coffee and serious discussion of our financial future. There will be kids and dogs and laughter - I'm looking forward to that part as a window of silliness for the day. I have a tiny bit more sewing to do but also plan an afternoon nap!

What's happening chez-vous? Grab a coffee and chat a bit. :cofdate:

little chick
08-14-2004, 07:17 AM
grrr just lost my post and have to start again.

Morning Ruth you sound like you have a busy day. We are having rain here like crazy.

I am up and have turkey bacon cooking and a pot of noodles as I need to make a pasta salad for my step fathers 60th birthday party later this afternoon. A big pot luck :( not looking forward to that. A dieters nightmare. I am hoping that I can stay strong. I weighed myself this morning and lost 5 pounds so I am hoping that will keep me on track. I am off to take the kids school shopping first and my oldest dd is getting her ears pierced. Then I need to drop her and her friend off at the movies then scoot out to the party, then back to pick them up. Then home where I plan to dejunk the puter room. Then hopefully when dh gets home from work we will go pick the wall paint for my new bedroom and try to get some paint chips so we can decided on a floor color. I think I would like to have a navy blue floor and pale blue for the walls. The day is proving to be a busy one. Plus I have 3 extra kids for the week end. I am keeping my friends kids as her and her hubby have gone away for some alone time. She always takes my kids for me so it is mine turn. Well I must go check on my bacon and stir the pasta I will check back in later. Have a great day and welcome back Laurie missed you and your wonderful posts.

ellis
08-14-2004, 07:18 AM
:yawn: Oh, my. I'm up early to go the cottage, Ruth. Can't drink any coffee because it's a two hour trip.
Why is it that when I have nothing to do, I can easily get up at 5:30, but when there's something pending, I could sleep until noon? :rolleyes:
Have fun at your church meeting! :)
I'm going to clean out my car. I should have done it yesterday, but I like to live on the edge.
Have a wonderful weekend, girls! :wave:

little chick
08-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Morning Ellis have fun at the cottage.

ellis
08-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Hi Little Chick! :wave: We posted together...
Your new bedroom is going to look lovely!
Take it easy at that potluck, sweetie!!

Ruthxxx
08-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Stay warm, ellis! You don't want to come home with a bladder infection.
I worry about your physical health since I've given up on your mental health! Please will your brain to science.

ellis
08-14-2004, 07:38 AM
God bless you, Ruth. :grouphug: I'll get my cranberry capsules right now!
As for my brain... perhaps you're right. :lol:

chilichick
08-14-2004, 07:47 AM
I am gearing up to clean my home and then take advantage of the day we have between hurricanes. We have had rain all this week and today is our break before hurricane Charley dumps heavy downpours on us tomorrow.
The weekend is always hard for me to stay on track. Visiting with people who put out chips and cookies always leads to temptation. But I picked up a veggie platter to bring along today so I can munch and gab and enjoy the night.

Mamacita
08-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Good morning, Chicks~~ :coffee:

Had a very good week, foodwise. Hope to keep the momentum up this coming week.

Today is errand day. Going to Costco and then to the farmer's market...which is really a multi-cultural market...lots of Hispanic and Asian stuff. Looking for yummy veggies and eggs.

Plus I have a memorial service for a fellow handspinner this afternoon.

This weekend promises to be beautiful. Not so sure about next week, though...depends on the direction Charlie (or Clyde as I've decided to call it...Bonnie and Clyde) decides to take.

Chilichick, I don't think we've met. But...Hello! :wave:

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

justjodi
08-14-2004, 08:54 AM
good morning everyone!!!
supposed to be a decent day here in ohio, kina cool and sunny. well yesterday turned out to be a REALLY bad day!!! i had lots of errands to do including school shopping eye dr etc. well i went to walmart did my shopping came back out to my car to discover some A$$HOLE had keyed the name Jason in my rear drivers side door!!!! i just got this flippin car in may!!! i am on payment number 4 in a huge book of payments and my insurance deductable is $500.00 grrrrrr i was so upset!! i had the boys with me of course and i was just standing there choking back tears. i went inside walmart and asked for their security the door greeter says well they don't like to get involved in things like that. what????? i didn't ask them to pay for it i wanted to report it so they could be aware in case i wasn't the only one. i ended up flaffing down their security and a police officer in the parking lot and filed a report with both. so needless to say i was pretty darn upset. i'll take it to my cousin's body shop on monday and see if it is worth turning into insurance or if he can just do it cheaper. dh went out on our date later and i drank 2 beers (big regular ones not the tiny half pints) ate fried fish and later had popcorn with butter at the movie. i am totally bloated today!!!

ellis have a nice time at the cottage!!!

laurie welcome back!!! we missed you!!

morninig ruth, lc, chili and mama and everyone else yet to post. have a great day!!!

Kiko
08-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Good Morning....

Ahhh... the weekend is finally here!

Ruth Your meeting does sound like it will be lively. Have fun!

Ellis Safe travels, your weekend with your friend sounds divine! Are you forcing her to buy your trashy magazines for you? :lol: BTW, my DD is only 2 1/2, so she is heading off to my mom's for our date tonight. ;)

Laurie Welcome back! You KNOW you were missed! I noticed that your weight signature just keeps dropping- you are almost in a new "decade"!

LaurieX I will post the recipe for you here in a bit. Does your DD like to paint?? That would be a perfect activity for today, it keeps my DD occupied for hours!

LC 5 pounds down?? That is wonderful! Just keep reminding yourself of that at the potluck today!

Mama Sounds like you are well on your way of meeting your goal of more OP days than not. :)

DD is ready for breakfast... back in a bit!

Barb0522
08-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Morning, gals! I've finally got a chance to let you know that the hurricane missed Tampa so my sister there is fine. :cb: Now I just have to worry about my other sister in Charleston, SC. But it looks like it is past her already and she is inland enough. Can you believe they have named Danielle already and they now have Tropical Depression Five? It will be a busy hurricane season.

It is nice and cool this morning so I'm hoping to head out for a long walk after breakfast. I've been adding lots of vegetables and it definitely has broken my plateau!

weezle
08-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Morning everybody!

Was pretty good yesterday and still am up the weight. Had 5 bottles of water and 2 cups of tea, too. I cooked dinner for Terry and actually got approval! Most of the time when I make something, I get the "Well, it'd be better if......" speech. Last night, I made buffalo chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits with the recipe from Red Lobster. Only thing I wanted to try was the biscuit, but I didn't! And I filled up my man and the only thing he complained about was that I didn't serve it to him naked. :o Have to remember that for next time. Not.

Mom is back in town from the trip to Upper Penninsula, MI. Apparently I have souveniers! And, my aunts and uncles bought over $300 worth of Pampered Chef stuff. Good thing I haven't quit yet! I guess they all got together and gave my mom a $350 gift certificate to Pottery Barn.

Mom's all excited that I wear a 10 now because she's down to an 8, and she can give me her hand-me-downs. *****. Just kidding. It's inspiring for me, since she's slightly taller than I am and can get that skinny, then so can I, right? If I can get rid of the 2 extra lbs I have on me from pigging out 2 days ago! Plus, free clothes! She just bought a lot at Kohl's and now she's too skinny for them. Darn. Free clothes for me. Such a shame!

Anyway, that's all I have. I'm going to go try to find something for breakfast. You all have a fabulous Saturday!

RNMOM
08-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Not much going on here, cooking up a storm preparing for tomorrow. I plan on having a small indulge and then being strict again.

It's great having family here and I'm trying to soak it all in. I just have to say my grandsons are the cutest little stinkers. They love "dramma".

Have fun on your weekend travels Ellis, drive careful.

Mama, when you going to publish something for us to read?

Ruth, how are the girls?

Weezle, way to go on the new clothes!

Beachgal, how are the bunnies?

You all behave this weekend!

1busymomma
08-14-2004, 12:53 PM
hey chicks, I am back again. This time with a vengance. On my weight that is.

I was doing pretty good with doing the SBD and WW combo until the school year ended and now I am home for the summer and could'nt quit cheating, it's a boredom thing. I was also not following SBD to it's fullest and was eating to much of the naughty stuff. I did'nt gain any weight but I did'nt lose any either. Thank Goodness! Sooooo, this past Monday I put myself back on SBD only, I just can't seem to make a go of it any more doing the combo (I want to eat, eat, eat!).

I've actually done really well. The first night, I was good until bedtime and then I had 1/4 c of ice cream (ugh). Next night good until bedtime and then I had a small (and I mean micro) brownie. Double Ugh. The next night, no cheats. I just said No, No, No! Last night.........I refused to give in. I dug in my heels and literally propped the blue book on my lap while nibbling on some nuts and cheese and turkey. Talk about sweating bullets with that darn pan of goodies in the next room.

Today I am bloated like a big old cow. So i am drinking a ton of tea and water. Part of the problem is PMS and part of the problem is that I did eat some frankenfoods yesterday, I had a serving of soy chips and a LC pizza pocket for lunch. So, now I am glugging tea that it laced with B Vitamins to sans the bloat and the grumpy monster that appears once a month. LOL.

Not much else going on, just working my other part time jobs and taking care of the kids (I work 3 jobs now which is part of why I've been AWOL from the site).

I am hoping though that I will be on more frequently on a regular basis.

Kids screaming, chat later chickies! I've missed this place and all of you!

little chick
08-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey chickies just checking in. It is 11:00 here and I am kinda tired but not really. Good God I am glad that I did not have 5 kids of my own :no: Almost impossible to keep them all happy. I took them shopping and then we went to the birthday party. Which I am happy to report I stayed OP. Not one piece of bread I just had burgers and I even passed on the cake and all the weets that were there. :hungry: I can't believe I did it. Then came home had supper and left dh with the kids while I went shopping again with my girlfriend. I bought myself a cute little nightie and some 2 sexy bras and some sexy underware. I figured I deserved it. :yes: I normally only buy stuff for the kids lately but I figured what the heck.

Kiko- did you take the test yet?
Jodi- oh sweetie that is terrible about your car. People are so rude. I hope it won't cost to much.
Mama- hope you got lots of good healthy treats at the Market.
RNmom- enjoy your grandbabies.
weezle- got to love getting new to you clothes. Congrats on selling the Pamperd Chef. I love there stuff.
1busymomma- Welcome back.
Well I must go I have to get my butt to bed. Taking the kids to the lake tomorrow for a swim. Good night all.

skherb
08-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Good evening Chicks!

I just got my girls to bed and I am making my grocery list for my big trip tomorrow. We went to meet the teacher night Friday and myDD teacher seems very sweet and DD is very excited! So we shall see how this week goes. I have a feeling it is going to be very hard for me because this is my first and son't you know that Aunt Flow is due for a visit.:Yikes: Can we say TOO MANY HORMONES:rofl: :stress: So when I go to the store I have got to load up on things I can have with out blowing it.

But I did acomplish a great feat today. Went to a B_DAY party of a friend DD today from 11-2 mind you all they had was chips,pizza, coke cake,icecream and a small bowl of carrots and dip. Guess what I had!!!!!!! 3 CARROTS THAT WAS IT!!!!!:cheer: I knew I di the right thing when I saw a man that was scraping the toppings off because he was on SB and has lost 30 in 4 months. I thought ok I can do this:goodvibes:

Little chick-- I think its great you bought your self some new pretties!! YOu can show off your more curvacious bod RIGHT!!:yes:
Weezle I am sure that 2 lbs will drop off in the next day or so since I am sure Aunt flow is leaving you to come vistit me!!
Everyone else seems to be already gone this weekend. Will check in later.

:sp: Forgot to tell you all I have a bruise on my rear from the fall a couple of days ago it is bigger than a CD:ouch: My DD asked why my bottom was purple? :shrug: They are just so entertaining!
Goodnight to all!!!!

Mamacita
08-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Good Sunday to you Beach Chickies~~

Sitting here drinking my tea and waiting for my buddies to pop up into AIM for our weekly gab-fest. Probably going to be sparce attendance as we have one overdue pregnancy, one in the hospital for thyroid surgery and one out of town for a wedding.

Got through Margie's memorial service with a few tears, a few laughs and a few smiles. She was a pig collector, a vegetarian and married to a butcher (go figure)...anyway, she wanted to be cremated, so she was...and her dh has her ashes in a Miss Piggy cookie jar. Margie was right up there on the alter with the candles, flowers and a few handmade items that meant a lot to her. We ended the service singing "Joy to the World" not the Christmas carol, but the song by 3 Dog Night. She would have loved it. :angel:

Emotions always run high at those things and I did blow it a bit...had a slice of really rich chocolate cake. It was good, but so overly sweet that I couldn't eat another thing the rest of the night.

I've got a good 1-1/2 inches done on the chemo cap. Had to frog it and start over a couple times (did I mention I'm a beginning knitter?) But will work furiously today and hope to have it done by mid week. :hyper:

First thing when I got up this morning was put a pork loin in the crockpot with an onion, a few garlic cloves, salt and pepper...dinner tonight is pulled pork, spinach and garlic bread for the guys. :chef:

I'll be hanging out for a while...so grab a cup and join me...the weather is gorgeous! :coffee:

Mamacita

Ruthxxx
08-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Good morning, Chickies!

Gorgeous morning here although a bit cold. We seem to have been cheated out of our summer this year. The Farmers' Almanac predicts a killing frost early in the month of September! :yikes: That usually doesn't happen until the end of September around here! Never mind! I have lots of beans - green, yellow and purple - and the tomatoes are finally starting. Everything is about three weeks later than usual.

Mamacita, I am astonished that you don't knit! I enjoy it and I'm sure you will too. The celebration of Life for your friend sounds wonderful. I love the ashes in the cookie jar!

Chilichick, stay safe and try to stay dry as those damned huirricanes douse you. Is it worse this year?

Little Chick, are you going to tell us how the sexy undies worked? After your day with the masses of kids, you derserve a little adult entertainment.

Jodi, that's terrible about your car! Too bad you can't track down every kid named Jason! On the other hand, maybe it was a "friend" of his. I hope the repair isn't too costly.

Barb, I'm glad your Florida sister is safe. I cannot imagine being in a hurricane. Let's hope your other sis is OK too if this "Bonnie and Clyde" team hits the Carolinas.

Weezle, let us know what you get as souvenirs! Size 10! I'm impressed.

Skherb, three carrots! Good for you! I can remember how I felt when my first child started school. We want our kids to be really independant and that's the first big step but it's hard. Do you have pictures of the butt bruise? :lol:

Enjoy those grandbabies, RNMOM. They are so cute at that age. I wish I could see mine more often.

Busymomma, welcome back.

To whomever I've missed, big wave and hug!

Our Church group meeting yesterday went well. Folks had lots of ideas about raising more funds. The Treasurer finally gave us some numbers! She is competent but reluctant to level with us about money until we are in trouble. Nevertheless it was a pleasant meeting with lots of laughs. Wendy the Know It All was there and is going to have to work hard to fit into the group. She says "you should" when she should be saying "we should"! It is really hard to like her although she has toned down her "advice". Her most famous goof has been "I'm here to critique your garden" and entering Alison's kitchen in a makeover contest - without permission! A. is ripping mad! She means well but.....

The Temperance Preacher does his thing this afternoon! I will be doing the "aftermath" - what happened after the speech which is pretty boring but I'll try to liven it up. Prohibition and bootlegging will add a bit of zip. I have some stories about that from my Dad. Hershey will be going with me. We've established that the people from the past reappear at the Mill when the black dog is seen. I expect she will behave beautifully.

Harry is enjoying his new regime of hi calorie snacks and I am resisting everything. I actually picked up a cookie yesterday, thought "Frankenfood" and put it back in the bag. My weight has stayed exactly the same for eight days now but it has to drop someday. I know I'll make my August weightloss goal. Yippee!

Have a super-sized Sunday, everyone.

Mamacita
08-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Good morning, Ruth... I DO knit...I'm just a beginner still b/c I am knitting dyslexic...can't follow a pattern unless someone literally sits with me and shows me how. My knitting group sort of took the summer off and my sock coach decided to move to Tennessee. I've been in a holding pattern since late May. I've made lots of hats and scarves. Including two troop hats for the military in Afghanistan and 2 chemo caps. One for my sister and one for a friend with leukemia.

Mamacita

Ruthxxx
08-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Sorry! I missed the beginner part. Didn't mean to insult you.
Sock coach? that's funny! My MIL used to knit socks but didn't turn the heel. If I wasn't around she'd just keep on knitting and make a very long sock.
Pulled pork? I must investigate. I love crockpot stuff.

Kiko
08-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Good morning!

Sipping on coffee, slowly waking up. DD actually slept until 8:20 this morning.... AHHHHH.

LC I did take a test on Thursday night. It was negative, so no bambino yet. I think DH is pretty bummed, but we have only been "trying" for 2 months, so no reason to be discouraged.

LaurieX I posted the recipe for the Pizza Meat Pie. :)

We had a nice evening- went and saw the movie Collateral, it was pretty good. Then we went to an Italian restaurant called Patrizio's. I did have a bit of DH's calamari and some french bread, both total no-no's. I had a delicious salad with grilled chicken, artichokes, baon, almonds, so yummy! I only ate half of it, the server packed up the other half, and I forgot it on the table. :( So, not OP, but we had a lovely evening. They have an outdoor patio, and the weather in Dallas has been gorgeous and cool in the evenings. DD had a blast at her "Gammy's", so it was a great night for all!

Plannng meals for the upcoming week- DH is telling me for the 100th time that he wants to go back on SBD. It couldn't be much easier for him as I cook every night and bring no foods into the house (other than Goldfish crackers:) ) that could tempt him. For meals, they eat what I cook, and then I may add on a starch for them so DD is eating balanced.

Have a super Sunday all!

1busymomma
08-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Morning! another day down, with no cheats! That is a major acomplishment for me most days. I actually did well yesterday.

My mom, sister and I had to announce a very important announcement to my grandmother last night so we held an emergency family meeting. My mom went out and bought desserts for every one-but I held firm and at my 2 hard boiled eggs instead!.

The announcement was the best part and so worth the temptation though. When my grandmother was a girl, her father left to find work and her mother met up with another man (during the depression). My grandmother never saw her father again and barely heard from him. She knew she had 2 older half siblings and about 10 years ago the search began. She wanted to know her brother and sister. She kind of gave up because she could not find them and could not afford to search for them and was frustrated because her father had changed his name around.

Long story short. My sister and I started searching 2 weeks ago for her family as a birthday gift. After a week, with what little info we had I found information from Arizona as a good possibility. So we looked up the gals name that was in the obituary (my great-grandfathers) and called it. It was my grandmothers older sister! She id'd a couple of photos we had of our g.grandfather and one of her and her brother. We got the confirmation yesterday morning.

G. Grandfather ended up becoming a baptist minister, he re-married and my grandmother has 2 more younger half sisters we are still searching for.

My grandmother cried and laughed. So many of her questions finally answered about her father. It was the best present I have ever given somebody.

Today is just work, no rest for me! lol, that's o.k. I love this job.

Kiko: (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) Half the fun of getting pregnant is trying! Try not to get discouraged.

mamacita: kudos to you for learning how to knit! I've re-visited my crochet hooks recently and am working on a scarf for my step son. My mom is going to teach me how to do other things so that I can graduate into making hats and stuff. LOL.

Ruth: What is Wendy thinking?!??!? I started laughing at all of her blunders. Like you said she means well.......................

skherb: hope your bum feels better! Ouch!

LC: way to go on the sexy understuff! I can't wait to be able to go into victoria secrets for a few new things. My goal is before my birthday in November. I am hoping to have lost 10 pds by then.

Well my friends, my time is short and I have to get ready for work. I will chat later! :grouphug:

Barb0522
08-15-2004, 12:46 PM
I've been up since 3:30 AM but I finally got time to post. I had to work for a few hours from home this morning and then decided not to go back to bed. I even went out for a 90 minute walk. It is certainly more fun to walk on the trails rather than the treadmill. :)

Oh, I finally tried hummus yesterday. Yummy! I did notice that some flavors had corn syrup but I found one without it. I even got some Laughing Cow Lite Swiss.

I still need to plan meals for the week and go to the grocery store. I'm going to try that Pizza Meat Pie this week.

little chick
08-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Afternoon chicks just got back from getting a few things at the store. All OP of course except for 2 bags of chips for the kids. I hope they eat them fast. Not much going on except that we could not go to the lake as it is really overcast and not a great swimming day. Not much going on. But the new undies worked great. ;) Have a great day chickies.

HistoryChick
08-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey Girls!

I'm back...Boy did I miss talking to you guys on here....I'm scared to hop on the scales...although I didn't do bad on vacation....I might have had a few more peanuts than I was supposed to..............yeah.......um but I did pretty well....I think....I'll find out tomorrow....Can't talk for long...have to go unpack...I have lots to catch up on!

weezle
08-15-2004, 06:52 PM
My mom rules! She got me a pair of beaded moccasins and a really nice long-sleeved shirt from Eagle River, WI. She got Terry a really nice shirt from Eagle River, too. Wahoo!

Those 2 pounds did fall off. Thank GOD.

Went to church this morning with Dad and Ryan. Was a good service.

That's about all I have. I'm a bit sleepy.....had a diet coke at about 10pm last night at Mom and Dad's....haven't had any caffeine since I started SBD. Was awake until 1:30am. Whew.

You all have a good night.

skherb
08-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Great Weezle!! Iknew they would drop right back off.

Well getting ready for our big day tomorrow. Will check in tomorrow afternoon.
Good night