Old 08-13-2004, 07:19 PM   #1  

Default New year, new goals, new me week 33

Here's the new thread. I hope everyone has a good weekend, and a great week. I did a kickboxing class last night, and hurt my knees and ankles quite a bit. Was not able to finish step class tonight. Will have to watch that.

For any new people reading, this is a weekly thread where we post goals, and positive things about ourselves. To build self esteem, and work towards our weight loss and health goals. Anyone is welcome to join in.

One good thing about myself is that I am a "glass half full" sort of girl. My goals for this week is to start a new weight training program.

Have a good one all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #2  

OK. Trying to keep this thread alive until Chachee returns. Here's to a good week for all of us.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, Jolly. I'm still hanging in there. I really can't seem to get myself motivated to get back on track. Next week will be real tough, because I'll be on vacation and with my parents, and that always seems to be challenging for me.

I haven't been eating right, not exercising, not drinking water, and I feel it, too.

Have you started the weight training?

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:33 PM   #4  

Try working on one thing, one habit, one change that you want to make happen. Success breeds success. You can do it.

I have been doing weight training, I just want to kick it up a notch. I get my routine revised Thursday morning. I had my first racquetball lesson tonight. Wow. Loved it!

Weigh in tomorrow. I have been eating too much pasta for suppers. Need to get off the pasta. Catch you later.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:49 PM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies from the Land of No boobs!!

Just kidding! Feeling good and thought I'd come check in with you all.

First, before the surgery I went and weighed in. Down another 1.6 to 219.6. 35.4 pounds lost now, got that 35 pound star! yay!

I know it's going to take a little amount of time to get back down, as I am on painkillers and not eating much. So, I'm kinda in starvation mode and eating what I can get my hands on right away.

Okay, the surgery went really well. It actually took only 76 minutes for the operation--he said it went a lot quicker than usual. We got a late start at noon, instead of 11, but it always works that way. He marked me up with a sharpie pen, like they do on those shows, then wheeled me into the operating room where Tim McGraw was blasting on the speakers. Didn't know my doc was a hick!!

Next thing I remember it was someone asking me if I wanted to wake up for awhile. I looked at the clock and it was 1:45. I felt great, other than being a little loopy, my hubby came in and they told him he could take me home as soon as I could get around. I guess I was a really good patient. So, hubby went to tell my mom and son to get on home, and he came back in with my clothes. We came home and I started to take my painkillers and my antiobiotics.

I had a reaction to the percocet they gave me. Had no idea it was a dirivitive of oxycodone. I was itching and hallucinating and so wired that I could not sleep. They changed the script to Vicoden and I am doing much better on it. I was wrapped in a compression ace bandange and they removed it on Friday. I'm not in a sports bra with padding to help the stitched heal.

It grosses me out to look down, because they are bruised and sewn all together, but good lord, what a difference. I have cleavage where it's suppossed to be, and they don't hang down anymore--like the pencil test, they would not be able to hold a pencil underneath. I would guess them to be a 36 full c. They are still swollen, but no way are they a DD.

I was really bruised on my sides and really sore, so when the doc called me at home that night, I asked him why. He said that even though he was able to pull the skin tight, it didn't look good enough to him. He said that he did lyposuction on my sides to remove the rest of the fat. What a wonderful doctor, huh? Once the swelling goes down, I am sure I won't have that fat hanging over the bra strap.

He removed a little over 2 pounds total and brought them back up to their perky stage. I have felt so good that I actually slept in my bed the second night I was home. Didn't need the recliner. My arms haven't hurt yet--unlike most women who have this surgery. I'm just more tender and a little sore. I don't believe I've actually had "pain" to speak of yet.

I go in tomorrow for removal of the stitches and for him to see how I am doing. I'm down to one painkiller a day, which is at night, so I am going to ask if I can go back on half days starting this Thursday. Shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I know that, along with being a relatively good shape to start with, has really helped. Now I just gotta get rid of this tummy that I can actually see now. Everyone is amazed at how small I look, and so am I. A little over 19 pounds to go to reach my first goal.

I'll try to check in a little later this week.

Thanks for remembering me!!

Dan: I expect to be back 100% the last week of August. I hope you are back full time with us by then also!

Jolly: Good luck with your weigh in today. Sounds like things are really falling into place for you.

Hi Connie and Chequita.

Time for dinner!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:52 AM   #6  

Tuesday 8/17

Good morning!! I have just finished a 20-minute walk. I have not been OP the past 2-3 days, I've been dealing with emotions. I did not go to my weigh-in yesterday. Today is the beginning of a new week. I don't think I'm eating enough protein. I don't like to bake in the summer cause it gets so hot and humid here. I do have a crock pot and I have a small George Foreman grill. I want to get a larger grill, I have the one that you can only cook one piece of meat on at a time.

CHACHEE - glad to hear that the surgery went well and that your feeling perky!! Congrats on your weight loss also.

DAN - I agree with Jolly, tackling one thing at a time is the best approach. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

JOLLY - I burn calories just reading your posts!! How do you find time to fit in everything? Do you just do one activity a day? I love pasta too. Hope you had a good weigh-in.

Bye for now.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:29 PM   #7  

Hey all. Chachee - glad to hear from you. Connie - one activity a day? Hmmm. I work. Do some form of aerobic (step, kicbox, spin, or Precor) daily. Do weights 3 times a week. Ride my horse 4-5 times a week. Walk the dogs about 1/2 mile a day. Now, doing racquetball once a week. YEah. That's about it.

I have heard a lot about those grills. I really should look into getting one. I realized that I just am really bad about portion sizes with pasta. I need to just measure measure measure - and not overload.

I lost 2 pounds this week. Hurray.

Have a good one all.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everybody. This is probably my last check-in before leaving. I hope to just maintain while I"m away and will get down to serious business when I get back! For real!

Hope you have a swift recovery, Chach. I'll be back on 8/29 and look forward to catching up after that.

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #9  

Hello all. Dan, have a good trip. Will look forward to having you back. Chachee, hope you are back soon. Connie, Chequita - where are you? We miss you.

I am hanging in there. A bit PMSy, but trying to relax and get plenty of rest, so I don't turn to food.

Have a good one.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #10  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello all.

I'm back to work on half days for now. Feeling really good and healing quite nicely.

Scales are up, due to pain pills and fluid retention from the anestesia (sp?), but I am going to give myself a couple of weeks to get that off.

Just wanted to check in and say I was back. Jolly, go ahead and start the thread up tomorrow, because if this takes too much out of me, then I am not going to come to work tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that.

Okay, talk to you soon.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote