Old 08-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default Chicken and Bean burritos p2

Chicken and bean burritos
4 pounds chicken breast
1 large jar salsa
1 can ff refried beans (I didn't have any, so I used the food processor and made some from a couple cans of black beans and some spices. Turned out pretty good.
1 cup lf cheese
Whole wheat tortillas

Cook 4 pounds chicken breast in a jar of salsa. When chicken is done, remove the chicken from the pan and shred. Leave the salsa on the stove and boil until it is thick, return chicken to the thicken salsa for a few minutes.

Place some beans and chicken in center of tortilla, sprinkle top with cheese and place on cookie sheet, place in freezer. After frozen, transfer to a larger freezer bag. To eat, just remove one from the freezer, place on a microwave safe plate and heat until hot.
(Actually, I over estimated how much room I had in the freezer and coudn't make these as tortillas to freeze. So I used the 1 cup freezer containers and placed some beans, chicken and cheese in each one. Then added a note to take a tortilla with me for lunch. I just heat up the cup and then make the burrito at work.)
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote