Old 08-09-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Weekly Chat 8/8-8/14

Another week of summer is gone!!! Its just flying by!! What's everyone's plans for the week? I don't have much going on, going to try to hit the gym at least 3 x this week. My daughter's BDay party is the 21st so I'm working on getting everything ready for that.

What's everyone's favorite season? I can't say that I have one, but I'm really enjoying this weather right now. After a cool and very wet July its so nice to be able to sit and relax in the sun!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!!

This week I'm trying to exercise at least four times, and working at my part time job and trying to find a new full time job! I sent out 5 resumes this weekend, so I am hoping for at least a few callbacks.

things are starting to get stressful money-wise. let me give you guys a little background. i graduated from college a year ago (last may) and i started doing full time ad sales, which i hated but the job market wasn't so good. so i stayed at it for a year until i couldn't take it anymore, and i quit. of course, it was a bit irresponsible, but it was just a terrible working environment. i had money saved up and i started working part time at a tanning salon to carry me through. i quit on june 3, and now it's august and i havent found a job yet, so things are starting to get a bit stressful. BUT, i am the type to take these things in stride and hope for the best. i live with my boyfriend, rob, and his engine just blew up in his car, which is costing him 3000 dollars... SO i may just get skinny from lack of eating, .

anyway... my favorite season is summer. i love the sunshine and the warmth. i really hate winter, so i'm not sure why i live in connecticut. i should move down to florida or something!!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Girls!

This summer has really just flown by...I guess we were having fun??

My goal is to hit the gym on tu/tr and m/w/f hit the track.

My favorite season is defn. summer, it means laying out by the pool, hanging out with friends...and I just love the sun! Hey, I'm in TX, we have lots of it.
I also enjoy spring because it means summer is coming!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Lori - I hope you enjoy your dd's birthday party - how old is she?
Tammy - sounds like you're keeping a cool head despite all the stress - that's so great. I'd be a nutcase in the same situation!

My favorite season is autumn - you get the heat of summer without the intensity, and you get a break every now and then. My plans for this week include lots of wedding stuff, fitting in exercise wherever (hopefully daily) and eating on-plan. We'll see I suppose!

Last edited by jenicra; 08-09-2004 at 05:31 PM.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #5  

Hey girls! Holy cow.... so as if my life weren't busy enough! Friday my hubby severed a tendon in his right hand and really can't do anything. Not that it's his fault to make my life busier, but it just throws more things into the mix of my already busy life. I start school in one week and I'm really starting to stress out I think about not having time to exercise. I haven't done anything in over a week. I can totally feel it. I hate it, but I may start loosing a bunch of weight from stress and keeping busy. I won't have time to sit and mindlessly eat while watching stupid tv. Anyway. I hope your weeks are going splendidly!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:02 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

Dee: don't stress about not having time to excersize! Just do it! I go through the same thing, I also start back at scholl in less than two weeks, and won't have time to do anything really during the week. But, I did realize that I can get up early and put in about 45 min in the morning, before my busy day starts. It is really hard to get up in the morning (believe me I am not a morning person at all) but I am always so glad that I did go ahead and get up and just do it.. It energizes me for the rest of my long dat at work and school. Just an idea.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #7  

Thanks Spill. Yeah I try to get up in the mornings. It's soooo hard. Especially since it's so nice to cuddle with my hubby in the mornings. But now that he's in a nasty, Edward-Scissor-Hands-looking splint and sleeping in our guest bed so I don't roll on it I guess I don't have that excuse. Spill, I promise you that I will get up tomorrow morning and use my elliptical!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:28 AM   #8  
Megan

Dee - I'm not a morning person either... I don't know how I woke up at 5:30 am in college to exercise. Now, it's a little easier for me to work out because my apartment building has a small gym. But you don't have to jump right in, doing 5 days of 45 mins if you are too busy. Maybe start by adding in 20 mins a couple days of week, in the morning or whenever you can. You seem to be very active, so you are probably burning a lot of calories just running around all the time.

Does anyone else listen to music when you work out? I've been listening to blink-182 and the foo fighters when i'm on the treadmill. fast paced rock music really keeps me moving!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #9  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I have an mp-3 player full of fast-paced music, but I usually prefer bringing my book with me and polishing off 60-80 pages. Plus, I tend to get really lost in books, so I'm working my @$$ off without even blinking an eye.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:20 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

Hey Dee how did getting up in the AM go? It's incredibly hard to do...but, you can do it!

This has been the longest week at work ever! Does anyone else feel that to?

I don't have head phones or anything like that to listen to while I work out. I wish I did. I do enjoy the silence though, I usually spend my time working out thinking and planning things...I find it very relaxing and I feel like I accomplished a lot when I'm done working out.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #11  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

I go to a military gym and they have a family room. Its actually a racquetball court and half is cardio equipment and the other half is for the kids, tv and toys and such. So, I'm usually stuck watching a kids movie, I can't tell you how many times I've seen Brother Bear or Lilo & Stitch. My friends and I usually meet there for our workout, so I almost always have someone to talk to!!

Dee- sorry to hear about DH, how is he doing?

Jenicra- My daughter is going to be 3 and I can't wait until her party comes and goes so she'll finally talk about something else!!

Megan- How's the new job search going?

Spill- I don't mean to pry- but what kind of work do you do?
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:49 PM   #12  
Megan

lori - sadly, job search = not so good. i sent out 6 resumes last friday for jobs that were listed in various places - newspaper, online search engines, and i haven't gotten a single call yet, and now it's thursday. it's really tough, because i'd like to be going on more interviews. i know that my resume is alright, so i'm not sure why no calls. it's hard only being a year out of college, because i don't really have much experience (except for sales and i am trying to GET OUT of that) and it seems like no one really wants to teach me to do anything.

i've been getting a little down because money is tight and i'm bored - my part time job keeps me busy but not busy enough. and i don't really have much spare money do the things i enjoy doing - namely, shopping, going to the movies, eating out. all i can really do for free is go to the beach, or go to the park but it's not that fun to do alone! anyone have any suggestions for free things to do? today is the first day since i started 4 weeks ago that i feel "snacky." i guess it is the mixture of being down and being bored (mostly being bored). today i already had cereal, a small sandwich, grapes, some tuna and cheese, and a jello pudding pop. doesn't seem like a ton, but i don't feel hungry so no reason to eat right now!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

Lori: I work as an account administrator. Some days have lots of annoying phone calls from whiney people and know it alls. It is wearing some days, but this week has been ridiculous. Could also be I'm a little less patient, haven't been sleeping the best at night...going to bed to late as well, makes me grumpy I need to fix that

TannyMC: don't give up! something will come along. sounds like you are doing everything in your power for right now.

I don't really have any suggestions as far as things to do that don't cost $$. I don't have any money either if that makes you feel any better, and I work full time! I have too many bills....trying to get out of debt.

Last edited by spillthebeans; 08-13-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #14  
Living the Laguna life...

Hey TannyMC!
As a starving college student (not actually starving though!!), I can feel the pain. There are a couple of things i like to do with my friends when we are low on money...I know you said that you go to the beach, but I like to go at night after the rangers have gone by (usually around 11) I'll go with some friends and bring some firewood, and just enjoy being in such a peaceful place! Hiking is also free, and good excercise! I don't know where you live, but here in San Francisco, there are lots of museums that have certain days during the week where the are free...i like to go to the asian art museum on tuesdays ) i will post if i get anymore ideas!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote