Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #1  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

Default Need Info On Sbd To Get Started!

I Am Interested In Going On The Sbd, But I Need Some Info. I Have No More Money To Spend On Diets!!! I Have Spent So Much $ On Diets...i Am In Debt. I Would Buy The Book, But I Don't Have It Right Now, So I Was Wondering If Someone Could Tell Me What The Diet Consists Of.
Thanks,
Melissa
Sw 172
Cw 172
Gw 135
Old 08-09-2004, 05:12 AM   #2  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Well it is kind of hard to explain in a post. I will try my best but mind you there will be things lacking. There will be holes. Your best bet will be to also research by reading all the stickies in this forum as well as Fat Chicks on the Beach forum. Also, if you can, borrow the book from the library. I am broke as well but my grandmother had the book that I borrowed. Check around someone you know may have it.

My first thing to say is that this is not a low carb diet, it is a healthy way of eating with good choices. It is also not a starvation diet. You HAVE to eat in order for this to work. Some may think, if they eat less than what the book states, they will lose faster. It's not true. You have to eat.

The first part is PHASE ONE. In this phase, the main focus is to get rid of cravings and detox your body from sugar and bad carbs. Go here for a list of allowable foods, stick to this list for phase one. Phase One Food List Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed. Try to get in 1/2 veggies at breakfast, 1cup at lunch and 2 cups for dinner, minimum. Veggies are important.

Next is PHASE TWO. In this phase you will SLOWLY begin to reintroduce starchy carbohydrates such as fruit, cereals, pastas and rices. These must be whole grain/whole wheat variety, no white stuff. Also, avoid breads and pastas with enriched or unbleached flour. Go to Phase Two Food List for foods you may now add in addition to the phase one food list. Remember to take it slow and see how your body reacts to these new carbs in your system.

PHASE THREE is basically lifetime maintenance. You still follow the basic principles of the plan. By then it will be quite ingrained into our brains, it'll be second nature. Phase three wasn't talked about much in the book but in my opinion it is a normal eating plan. You will have days where you deviate from the "rules' but its life. You will be able to get right back to your normal way of eating. Also Dr. A explains if you find you are gaining a few, you can go back to a few days of phase 1 to lose the excess.

Remember to drink your water.
Always read the ingredient list, not just the nutritional info

You may be confused at the end of this. Which is all the more reason why I suggest you do a lot of research on here and try to get your hands on the book.

I wish you lots of luck. This is such a great support group and everyone is here for one another. Jump into one of the daily chats and get to know everyone!
Old 08-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #3  

Check on Amazon or E-bay to find the book at a low price.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Melissa, there's LOTS of info here in the FAQ to get you started.

Steph, you're an absolute angel.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #5  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

Steph--
Thanks for the info. This should help me to get started.
Melissa
Closed Thread