South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:38 PM   #1  

Question Anybody got any kid friendly ideas for dinner?

I am getting tired of chicken and Talapia anybody have any easy dishes that small children would eat. Meaning not to spicey. They will eat veggies. Just in a rut and need something new. Also I cannot find the Taco Soup recipe that was once on here? Anyone know where it is. Thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 01:02 AM   #2  
missaprylj

The Taco Soup recipe is under "Entrees Phase 1" I'm pretty sure. Let's see.... the eggplant manicotti looks good too. Try it out!

Old 08-09-2004, 09:37 AM   #3  

Do you have the cookbook? There is a recipe in there for meatballs and vegetable sauce. My son and I made it together last night and we eat it with whole wheat spaghetti. Okay, he doesn't eat a lot of the squash but the sauce is healthy, the meatballs are mild and he likes the pasta. In fact, he will be eating leftover spaghetti tonight while I fix a seafood recipe for DH and I tonight.

Taco Bake is another recipe that he likes. And it is a way to get him to eat cooked mushrooms. He also likes one of the pork chop recipes and the steak kabob recipe. I make sure I use at least one vegetable that he will eat and then maybe serve an additional one that he doesn't care for.

I also make mini pizzas using tortillas. I use Whole wheat tortilla for mine and regular tortillas for him. I use Ragu Pizza sauce which is low sugar with reduced fat cheese. I top his with turkey bacon or canadian bacon and then add mushrooms and onions to mine.

What about chili? My son loves that. Or take a can of refried beans and some reduced fat cheese and make tacos. Add lettuce and tomatoes if your kids will eat them.

I also have a Ham, zucchini, pasta recipe that I have altered to make South Beach. It uses penne and I have to go to Whole Foods to find whole wheat penne but everyone loves it. It uses evaporated skim milk to make a cream sauce. Let me know if you are interested and I will post it. It doesn't take long to fix.

Last edited by Barb0522; 08-09-2004 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #4  

I would love that recipe. Please post it!:smile:
Old 08-10-2004, 08:51 PM   #5  

I got a chance to post it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...563#post646563
Closed Thread