Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #1  

Default Slam Man

Does anyone own a slam man and if you do how do you like it?

Thanks
missymont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I have never heard of this I'm going to have to look it up and see what it is
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh how neat, that be something I would be interested in, in the future!! Here is a review I found for it.

"Get Fit with the wonderfully addictive world of violence. If the desktop punch bag isn't enough to eradicate your work place tension, don't fret – you'll just have to wait until you get home to exorcise “the rage”. Name it after your boss and let rip on its polyethylene body. The Slam Man comes with some training gloves and a video to demonstrate how to use it. Presumably ‘hit hard' is too simple. So far it sounds like an elaborate man-shaped punch bag, but its built in computer offers a choice of different routines (in the form of flashing lights on different parts of the body) to test your punching. The only drawback? You need 100kg of sand to put in it otherwise the Slam Man is more bantamweight than Heavyweight."
Monday, June 17th, 2002

Business AM "You may think £299 is a hefty outlay, but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and they're not as much fun to knock out with a crushing blow. With the Slam Man, you get the perfect opponent, someone who is big, mean and with a reputation for being able to take a punch. Plus he doesn't hit back. Now apparently used by everyone from martial arts experts and boxes to stressed-out office workers, Slam Man comes in an indestructible polyethylene plastic body with soft “target area” foam to absorb and dissipate impact energy. Once kitted out with the gloves included, you simply follow the sequence of flashing lights, responding with jabs, hooks and general hammering. Rather worryingly, the blurb says this could “save the office nerd from a good thrashing”. We'll ignore that."
Monday, April 21st, 2003

"Comedian Richard Blackwood Chooses… He's gotta have it…The NEW concept in “bagging” works on different ability levels, with four flashing lights to help speed training. So you can punch its lights out for, ouch, £300! “It‘s great. I can beat up a bad director without him even knowing it”, Richard says."
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote