08-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Hello *tap tap tap* anybody home?

Ok here's a knock knock joke...

Knock Knock...

(Who's there?)

2 pounds

(2 pounds who)

2 pounds gone... from you know who!!!

I know corny... go ahead.. say it.... I'm a dork!! BUT a very happy dork that's able to report a 2 lb loss this week!! Yeeee Haaawww!!

:drill: Ok people... I expect a full report on your lbs lost by the end of the week!
:lol: :lol:

Have a great week of losing!

artist
08-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Way to go Gretchen.......looks like you've jumped right off that plateau! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Br00klyn
08-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Congrats Gretchen! :bravo: It does appear that the plateau has been broken.. Good for you for sticking through it!

djs06
08-08-2004, 07:29 PM
WOW ladies, you are doing fantastic!

I'm nervous about my official weigh-in (wednesday). I've only had one "off" meal, but according to the scale it made me gain 2.5 pounds. I also couldn't exercise yesterday because I worked at an arts festival during the open hours of the gym (figures) but I'm going to do my damndest to get on the treadmill tonight, which I avoid like the plague except in desperate times such as this. :)

Scuttle
08-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Blah. Up a pound and no clue why. Then again, I was up 3 pounds just 2 days ago. My weight fluctuates crazily. Maybe I need a new scale...

Feeling bummed out, I went out and bought a smaller size pair of jeans last night and they FIT! The 26 is a a little snug, but so were my 28s when I started.

teapotdynamo
08-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Don't ask me *how* this happened, but I'm down 4 pounds this week to 231. Sure, I stayed on plan and exercised a ton last week, but 4 pounds is crazy. I guess I've seen a quick loss after a plateau before, so I'm not looking a gift, um... loss in the mouth.

Here's to another on-plan week!

(Congrats, all who lost, and Gretchen, who is on her way to the maintainers! ;))

lessofsarahtolove
08-09-2004, 10:31 AM
2 pounds down from last week - for a total of 52 YTD.

Congratulations, Jennifer (teapot) and Gretchen -- Dana, I'm sure you didn't gain 2 pounds from one meal, you silly - that would take 7000 calories and that would sure be a doozy of a meal I'm thinking! Jennifer (scuttle) don't worry about a little water weight -- you know going down in size can ONLY be a good thing! Great job, you guys!

teapotdynamo
08-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Sarah, can I just say again how impressive 52 pounds is???!!!!!!

p.s. I downloaded the trial version of Diet Power. I LOVE it so far!!!! You're right... it *is* better than FitDay! I love the "bank" and the goal setter thingy.

lessofsarahtolove
08-09-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm so glad you got the DietPower! My online buddies Summer and Gen tease me about having stock in the company because I got them to get it too --- but they don't regret it for a minute -- they love it too! I've never known anyone who used it to be disappointed. I've been using it since I started to live on plan, and I'm STILL learning things I can do with it! If you ever want help with any shortcuts or have any questions, I'll be happy to help, just PM me!

Thanks for the nice words about the 52 pounds -- I appreciate it. And I'm SO EXCITED for you about the 4 pounds -- you must be so happy!!! I would be bouncing off the walls. :dance:

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-09-2004, 11:06 AM
:cheer: :flow1: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOOZAS!!!! :cb: :hat: :flame:

Im down 1.5 this week, to 212. I'll be SOOO happy to get under 210, it seems as though Ive been losing this 10 pounds for months! Truth be told, I have been, b/c I farted around for so long. Any hooo....I'm down this week, and I'm VERY happy!

lessofsarahtolove
08-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Yay, Amy Jo!! :cb: :cb: I say forget about what you were or weren't doing before -- you're losing now, and you're on the track and motivated. You're doing great....209 here you come!

Inca's Momma
08-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Down 2.5 wooohooo! :D

JennasMom
08-09-2004, 12:07 PM
I am down 2 lbs this week. Pretty good considering I didn't exercise or drink much water at all.

LeanLongStrong
08-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi there. I added a bio to the sticky last night, so does that mean I can come in and play---um...weigh in?

So here's my starting point as of this morning: 317
(which is a little higher than I've been lately..good thing I'm here, eh?)

I've enjoyed the posts I've read so far and I look forward to traveling the path with you all. I suspect that checking in with the forum in the mornings will help me move directly to the exercise bike and elliptical trainer. Sometimes it's hard to be motivated.

Cheers-
LLS

lessofsarahtolove
08-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Welcome, LLS!!! You're definitely in the right place!! Make sure to stay present here, reading even if you're not posting -- but posting is better! That way we get to know you and can give you the support you deserve. Congratulations on getting started on your journey, and it's nice to have you join us. :)

SwimGirl
08-09-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm down 2 pounds. Don't know how though, but I can accept it! My weekend was insane with food, so I don't deserve it, heh. Great loses everyone :)

Angie H
08-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi All! I'm new here. I've been reading posts this seems GREAT!! My start weight was 200 lbs on July 7th. Today it's 190. I'm basically doing Dr. Phil. It's nice to meet you all. Angie

barbygirl43
08-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Look at all the losers. Guess I'll be the one to break the streak. I didn't get a chance to report my weight last week (I maintained at 264.5) but I'm up to 267 today. TOM is trying to comeónot sure when that'll be though and I had a 3 day chocolate binge over the weekend. Oh well back on plan today and ready to go.

lessofsarahtolove
08-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Congratulations, SwimGirl!! Awesome news!! And I think you DO deserve it -- it didn't just happen all by itself, so give yourself some credit! :)

Angie, welcome! :wave: Glad you joined us -- hope you get everything you need here in the way of support and resources. It's a great group of people. Great job on your 10 pounds too!!

Br00klyn
08-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Congrats to all the losers! :bravo: Everyone is doing such a great job!

My weigh-in isn't until Saturday so I'll let you know then! :crossed: Keep your fingers crossed for me! :lol:

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-09-2004, 04:39 PM
:hat: CONGRATS EVERYBODY!! :hat:

tolose85
08-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Wow-- We're really off to a bang this week!! How exciting!! Lets keep the momentum rolling!! Before you know it we'll all be SKINNY!!! YEEEE HAWWWW!! WAHHOOOOO! Giddy UP! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I'm in one of those moods today!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

djs06
08-09-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm basically doing Dr. Phil. It's nice to meet you all. Angie

"doing" Dr. Phil? Wow, he's been getting a lot of action lately! Everyone's doing him. :lol: Just kidding, Angie- welcome aboard, congrats on your success

tolose85
08-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Angie! Welcome aboard and great start!! Wow!

I am so amazed how we are just kickin' that fat to the door! It's so awesome to see so many loses!! It's even more of an acomplishment knowing that we're doing this despite the numerous cookouts, picnics and vacations.. Gotta love that summer season!

Angie H
08-10-2004, 08:26 AM
:coffee: Thank you all for the warm welcome! I hope to get to know you all. I really think this is what I needed to keep going. Have a GREAT day!!!

Charbar
08-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Just checking in... still the same. I'm now showing.. if I can limit this pregnancy to max of 25 lbs gain - I'd be very happy!!

Congrats to all on your weight loss.

Dana

Sheila53
08-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Dana, you're doing so well! I'm totally impressed. You've done so great these first three months that I'm betting you can stick to your goal of only gaining 25 lbs.

Stinger766
08-10-2004, 09:47 PM
That's frustrating! I posted and it disappeared! I'll recap.

I can't access this site from work anymore and don't have a computer at home so I won't be reading or post as much, only when I can get on someone's home computer. That's so depressing. Even just reading the posts here keeps me going and now I can't be on as much. Yikes!

Congrats to everyone for losing or sticking with it. Congrats to Gretchen especially for beating the plateau! A few more lbs and you're done! You must be so excited.

As for me, I lost 1 lbs last week. I was great with my food and exercise and thought I would have lost a lot more but I'm ok with any loss. Hopefully I'll lose 3 this week to keep with my 2lbs per week goal. We'll see. My total stats as always are below.

Keep up the great work everyone! I'll try to check in again soon.

djs06
08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
congratulations, Ingrid and everyone else!

I'm really happy- I lost 1 lb this week, despite stupid sickness and a few missed gym days and a not-so-great dining out experience. I would have liked more, but I'm going back to the gym tomorrow despite how I feel (though I'll probably have to take it easy and be nice to myself) so it should be better this coming week.

lessofsarahtolove
08-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Dana, congratulations on the pound!! Woo hoo!! :cb: :cb: :cb: I'm really happy for you! And I'm excited about you getting back to the gym tomorrow........you are determined, you are disciplined, you are driven.....I'm hearing the music, I swear I am!...... ;)

You, too, Ingrid!! A pound at a time, girl -- it all comes out in the wash. You're wise to look at it from the perspective of overall loss, because not all weeks are created equal! You're doing really great and I applaud your progress!! :cp: I'm sorry to hear about your computer woes....that really stinks. What about friends or family? Or an internet cafe or library or school? Can you trade services with someone you know so you don't feel like you're inconveniencing them? I'm just trying to brainstorm for you here -- there was a period where I was without a home computer and had no access, and I had to get very creative about getting online. Good luck to you!

Dana - Charbar -- :wave: Nice to see you again! :)

Celina -- you're on FIRE!! :flame: :flame:

Gretchen, you are on one all-fired MISSION!!! I am so proud of your
efforts, your attitude, and your results.....GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!

With results like THIS so far, I can't WAIT to see our reports NEXT week! :hyper:

artist
08-11-2004, 04:03 AM
woo-hooooooo...... :D :D :D .........I am a very happy woman today. This week, I've lost 2.5 lbs.... :cb: :cb: :cb: ......which means.....ta-da (drum-roll and flourish).....I've lost a total of 40 lbs!!!!!! :cp: :cp: :cp:

So, I thank all my wonderful supportive friends for all your encouragement, words of wisdom, motivational speeches, and laughter, because I could not have done it without you.... :cheers:

So here is to the next 40.......!!!!!!

teapotdynamo
08-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Wowee, that is *so amazing*. 40 pounds!!!! So much inspiration on this board!

You should definitely do something nice for yourself! :D

lessofsarahtolove
08-11-2004, 01:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Amanda, 40 pounds!!!! :p That is EXCELLENT NEWS!! :cp: :cp: You've got to be on top of the world right now! :dance: I am SO happy for you!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

You're working your tail off and it's showing!! :bravo:

faded_moon
08-11-2004, 01:37 PM
that is great bout the 40lb loss that is amazing sweetie.

so i decided to get on the scale today and it said i was 2lbs lighter so i am off the plateau wohoo. I am only 1lb away from my first goal. Then i'm going shopping for goodies. 34lbs lost. bout 40 to go.....

lessofsarahtolove
08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Elle, great job on the 2 pounds! I love when that happens! Buh bye, plateau! :D You are doing just GREAT!

djs06
08-11-2004, 04:17 PM
CW

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAYSUS, woman, what are you DOING? :lol:

lessofsarahtolove
08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dana, you're making me laugh! You made my day, I swear you did! Hey, I am loving me that blog! Nice one! Do you know how to provide links to other blogs in it? -- outside of the text, that is. *scratchin' head* I'm new to the blogging thang, so I'm not sure. I would include a link to yours if I knew how. I'm going to try to figure it out.

djs06
08-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey, I always like to hear that! :)

Hmm, I had never used blogspot before.. you actually gave me the idea, I'm a sheep. :) I've tried figuring it out too, but I'm used to Livejournal (except that some of my friends read that one and I don't really fancy the idea of writing "so today I weighed in...") :) If I figure it out I'll let you know, though. I'm a tad confused myself.

tolose85
08-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Sarah--- Talk about shrinking woman!! YOU GO GIRL!

Well today I got to see my first Hospice patient and family.. Wow that is emotionally draining. It was a great visit with them.. My first of many!

I haven't had much time to check in here so I am taking the time right now!!

Everyone is doing so well with losing this week.. I am hoping to be able to report another loss next week.

My mom's 50th B-Day party is this weekend. That will be filled with many temptations but I know myself, and I will be ok!

Sarah- Again CONGRATULATIONS on the melting of pounds.. Amazing.

howie6267
08-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Well as of Monday I had gained 2 lbs for the week. I don't think monday weigh in's are such a great idea for me. I am going to move back to friday. As of today I have lost 1 lb from last week. That is down to 374. So my monday weigh in may have not been so acurate. Anyway I am still hanging in there and will post my official weight on friday.

djs06
08-11-2004, 10:09 PM
yeah Howie, the end of the week or mid-week seems like the best time to have weigh-in. Congrats on the pound!

barbygirl43
08-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Here are my inches lost.
Chest=1.75
Bust=0.25
Waist=3
Hips=3.5
Arms
L=2.25
R=3
Thighs
L=3
R=2.5
Calves
L=0.75
R= 1.5
Wrist
L=0.25
R=0.5
Total lost since Mar.=22.25

This sure helps remind me that just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean I haven't experienced a loss. :)

rochemist
08-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Between 174-179. I am always the same these days. Picked up workouts a bit, I expect to see a gain the first 2 weeks and then we will see what happens!

Congrats to the losers!
Chris

lessofsarahtolove
08-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Dawnyal! - I am SO glad you posted those inches lost -- you're absolutely right! Thank you for this reminder! :D You're doing so, so well, girl!! :cp:

mezmerize
08-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Congrats to everyone for losing. :goodscale
To those that have gained or stayed at the same weight as I have this week. We're not going to let an off week slow us down we are going to stick with it!!! Lets roll up our sleeves and show those fat cells who's boss!!! :rollpin:
Mez

howie6267
08-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Ok I weighed again today and boy does that post on the Skinny Daily Sarah made today fit. The only thing is it was to the good. I am down 4 lbs from yesterday and 5 from last week. I have been waivering back and forth on when to weigh and have decided to stick with the day I started on which was Thursday. So officialy I am down 5 lbs this week and have lost all the weight I gained over the month of July. Yeaaaaah!!!

Raelynn
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Awesome Howie!
Congrats to everyone who lost and maintained this week!

My scale still says the same, so I guess it's better than gaining!

lessofsarahtolove
08-13-2004, 12:13 AM
So officialy I am down 5 lbs this week and have lost all the weight I gained over the month of July. Yeaaaaah!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, HOWIE!!!!!!!!!

Howie, that is SUCH good news!! He's BAAAAAAACCCCKK!

Br00klyn
08-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Howie - 5 lbs. in a week is amazing! Awesome news! Good for you! :bravo:

I'm sooooo happy for all you losers.. My weigh in isn't until Saturday so we'll see then. :)

mezmerize
08-13-2004, 03:02 AM
Happy Dance for Howie!!!! :dance: :dance:
Way to go!!!
Mez

Keillynsmom
08-13-2004, 11:07 AM
I think I've really broken through the 300 lbs mark -- I'm 296 lbs this morning.

howie6267
08-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Good for you Barbara. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to join you.

Sandi
08-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Howie!! Love your new pic!!! :D

Congrats to everyone!!! You guys are doing great!!!!

barbygirl43
08-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Howie and Barbara That is awesome. WTG with the losses!!!!

Sheila53
08-13-2004, 03:14 PM
I hit 75 lbs. lost right on the nose today. Yippee--it's been a long haul for this particular goal. I'm 3/4 of the way done with the weight loss portion of this journey.

Got my WW refrigerator magnet, too. :)

Congratulation to all you incredible losers out there!

lessofsarahtolove
08-13-2004, 05:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Barbara and Sheila!!!
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :bravo: You ladies have come so far, I find both of you so inspirational! :encore:

barbygirl43
08-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Shelia that is so cool. You'll be there before you know it.

Br00klyn
08-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Barbara - What a great accomplishment! :bravo:

As for me, I'm down 1 lb. this week and I'm happy with that, since I had a couple 0 point days over the weekend! :D

FindingJackie
08-14-2004, 11:04 AM
down 3 lbs to 289.5.

Yay! :D

JennasMom
08-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I lost 2 lbs this week. I am pretty impressed since we had to evacuate for the hurricane on Friday and I couldn't stay on plan! I don't know how many calories I had eaten, but I am sure I went over at least a little.

Today is my daughters birthday and I do plan on eating a piece of cake.

patincanada
08-15-2004, 04:13 PM
down 1 this week... :D
congrats to all losers this week!

NYCchik
08-17-2004, 05:12 AM
I know I'm late for the weekly weigh in but I did weigh in with myself on teh 15th and I lost the pounds from vacation! yay! I'm back down to 262! That's four pounds down. for a total of seven. it makes me feel good that I fixed that little slipup of a week. lol.