100 lb. Club - U Might Think Im Nuts But I Really Dont No!

QUEENY CSW
08-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I HOPE U DONT THINK IM CRAZY FOR NOT KNOWING THIS BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT U CONSIDER ALL PROSSED FOODS I KNOW CAN VEGS R AND SPAGETTI O'S WHAT ABOUT HEALTHY FROZEN MEALS, TOMATO SAUCE R U SUPPOSE TO AVOID THESE THINGS WHEN YR ON A DIET OR A HEALTHY EATING PLAN? :dizzy:

missaprylj
08-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Processed foods are "junk-food" 95% of the time. You'll know when you see them!
Those cheese singles are also considered "processed" so is pretty much anything you'd normally bake at home and are buying in a package or frozen. Canned vegetables are not considered processed by most people. Good luck. :goodvibes:

slimmingsi
08-08-2004, 08:31 AM
technically anything not in its natural state is processed

slimmingsi
08-08-2004, 08:38 AM
frozen veg is usually fine cos its just frozen in its raw state. i'd say canned is processed cos its usually in liquid to preserve and loads of salt and other stuff in it. meat frozen or raw is natural things like turkey or chicken shapes are processed. tomato sauce is very high in sugar. frozen meals are ok if you in a hurry but i doubt any nutritionist would advise living off them cook from raw is always what they say

Amanda Panda
08-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi queenie!

I'm going to say something really radical here and say if you want to eat low fat processed foods then go for it! I know they are not the healthiest option, but for people who are not great at cooking and are busy then they are fine - as long as you stick to 'low fat' and 'healthy choice' ones. I think we all know that wholefood cooking is the healthiest way to go - but it can seem overwhelming to some and put them off cooking and dieting altogether. I eat low fat vegetarian sausages and mince and make them into casseroles and bologneses - I also eat low fat cheese slices , because I can't be trusted around a block of cheese, so slices help me to limit my cheese and calorie intake. I think as you get used to dieting and choosing healthy foods, then you will naturally steer away from processed stuff and cook wholefoods more and more, but you can still lose weight by eating processed foods.

Good luck!

Love Amanda x

QUEENY CSW
08-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Thank U To All Of U For Writing In I Think Yr Right As Long As U Stay In The Low Fat Zone Its Ok To Eat Processed Foods, Im Trying To Get The Healthyest I Can With Out Going Extreme, I Have Been Buying Alot Of Organic Things Like Sauce, Pasta There Lower In Suger And U Can Read Whats On The Label, I Dont Know To Much About Organic Foods But I Hear There Good For U :^:

slimmingsi
08-09-2004, 10:37 AM
yea organic is good for you but not your purse!!!!