100 lb. Club - August Non Scale Victories!!

View Full Version : August Non Scale Victories!!

tolose85
08-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Ok so I've got one DESPITE my recent and most annoying Plateau.

I went shopping this evening to find an outfit for a wedding reception I am going to tomorrow. I shopped several stores.. Ended up purchasing a very classic, sexy but trendy dress.. It's a size 11!!! WoooHoooo!!

I know clothes are made differently but none the less the tag reads an 11!

I am so happy. I will take pictures tomorrow.. I'll post them in a few days!!

C'mon... give em up.. I know you all have some NSV's for this month!!

rochemist
08-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Size 13 skirt today inspite of being bloated from the box of cookies I ate last night :lol:

Chris

Br00klyn
08-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Way to go Ladies! :bravo: It must have felt great shopping and being able to fit into those sizes! So proud of both of you! :cheer:

And Gretchen, you're 3 hours ahead of me so I expect to see a picture when I log on in the mornin' ;)

artist
08-07-2004, 06:02 AM
OK, I've got one.....

Went on vacation to Uganda (v. small East African country, next door to Kenya), visiting family/friends, who I last saw at Christmas. Their response to the way I looked was totally stunning! The friend who picked me up from the airport almost didn't recognise me......he kept looking at me, shaking his head, and laughing! When we arrived home, and all the hugs and greetings started, every single person told me how great I looked....and this carried on for about 2 days......it made me feel wonderful...

What struck me was how much I've got used to looking different - I honestly had not anticipated that reaction. And its given me a lot of motivation to keep on going......so I'm aiming to drop 2 dress sizes/28 lbs by Christmas.....

Sheila53
08-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh, Claire, that is so sweet--you've got wonderful friends!

Congrats on all the junior size clothing. Now that I've erased the grey from my hair, maybe I won't look so strange trying on something in the junior section just to see if I can. :) If they suspect you're a grandma trying on junior clothes, can they kick you out??

My NSV came at water aerobics the other day. I grabbed the XL float belt because I've always been XL (actually more like 2XL), but it was way too big. I ended up with the L belt and the belt part wasn't even at the end. I must have looked like a nut standing there smiling about the belt size, but I don't care!

Jennelle
08-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Lately, I've actually been looking in the mirror. Usually, I can barely bear to brush my hair fully clothed. The other morning, I found myself brushing my teeth in front of the mirror in the nude. I'm also actually smiling at the mirror, instead of (a) sticking my tongue at it or (b) flipping it the bird.

tolose85
08-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Heres the dress... the pics were taken after the party...

djs06
08-08-2004, 12:57 AM
WOW everyone, great news from all around!

Beautiful dress, Gretchen. You look great!

artist
08-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Hey Gretchen, you look really great in that size 11 dress!!!!!!!!! hope you enjoyed the wedding.....

teapotdynamo
08-08-2004, 12:27 PM
HOLY SH**, Gretchen, you look HOT!

I will die happy if I ever look that good again.

Way to go!

Jennelle
08-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Cute dress, Gretchen! :D

tolose85
08-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks Jen and Jenelle!

Jen-- I have NO DOUBT in my mind that you are a HOTTIE now and YOu WILL be even hotter because I know you are going to do it!!!

Br00klyn
08-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Gretchen,

You look HOT! :love:

Can't wait to join you at that size! :D

Celina

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-09-2004, 04:50 PM
OMG!!! WHERE DID GRETCHEN GO?!?!?!?
She's shrinking before our very eyes!!! You look stunning daahling!! Beautiful dress!!!

Daners
08-09-2004, 07:30 PM
I have one, I have one...well, a couple.

I did the Duck & Dumpling Run on Saturday, the 2 mile, not the 10km. I jogged part of it and walked the rest. I finished the 2 miles in 25 minutes. That's 12.5 minute miles. I was averageing 14 minute miles on the treadmill.

On Friday night, I was in the beer garden at the festival and saw one of our close family friends who I haven't seen in several years. When I said hello to her, she stared at me forever before she realized who I was. It happened several times over the weekend at different things, and while I don't really like it when that happens, it did help me to realize that my appearance has changed over the last 85 pounds.

tolose85
08-09-2004, 07:34 PM
You girls kick butt.. We are doing soo good! Someone told me that I should go get a side job at hooters! I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not! :?:

I am so proud of all of you! WOW We really are workin' it out aren't we??

Great Great Job!

Sheila53
08-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Oh, Dana, that's so cool! I bet you felt wonderful after that.

Keillynsmom
08-12-2004, 01:04 PM
My NSV for August is that I signed up for and went back to Aikido. I was a brown belt in college (waaaay too many years ago) but quit after I gained the first 100 lbs. So I went and I participated the whole class -- felt like a doofus -- but I was there and I kept trying.

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-12-2004, 03:14 PM
I have something that isnt *really* a victory, but i wan to share it anyway!
I have been on plan for the whole month so far! (yes, I know its only 12 days) Usually by this time I'd have a huge binge or jsut completely stop exercising, but I havn't, and Im not going to! I feel really good, and I must say, I'm very proud of my self!! OK, enough tooting my own horn! Good luck to everyone!! :D

Keillynsmom
08-12-2004, 06:14 PM
GREAT JOB, Amy Jo! That is really an accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself -- it's tremendously hard to change all the "little" decisions of your life -- well done!

SwimGirl
08-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Everyone is doing so good! I'm amazed at how motivated you guys and gals are, and it's rubbing off on me, yay! I have cut back on pop, which is pretty major for me! Yesterday I had 2 cans of rootbeer, and thats ALL! Normally in an 8 hour shift at work I have 2 L's of pop, and "need" some before I leave the house, but I haven't had any coke in my house for 6 days!

SwimGirl
08-15-2004, 03:45 AM
So I have to bump this back up, because, I don't crave sugar! This is a first for me, I don't want sugar, or pasta, or bread, or any of those naughty (for me) carbs. I'm pretty happy about this, thank goodness for my brother (who gave me this pill-type things that stop these cravings!). :)

Katey78
08-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Every Saturday since I started my plan in March, I've had a takeaway or meal out as my treat - it keeps me going having that to look forward too in the week.

This weekend, for some strange reason, I'm not bothered about about that Chinese or Pizza. I didn't need it or want it, so we had grilled pork ribs and salad instead.

Also I put my hands on my waist yesterday afternoon, and moved them slightly around my back and wow, my back felt really different lol, smooth and firm and strong. It was a shock lol.

tolose85
08-17-2004, 07:31 PM
YOU GUYS!!!! This weekend at my parents house, we had a 50th surprise b-day party for my momma... I packed shorts and t-shirts because I thought it would be warm.. It wasn't.. SOOO In despiration, I went to my sisters house (who is a toothpick) and asked her if she had anything "stretchy" but nice for me to wear. She had a cute NY and Co. outfit that fit then she thought she'd be a smarty pants and throw a pair of size 10 capri jeans at me... So I thought.. I'm gonna try them.. THEY FIT!! SIZE 10!!
There were tight and a bit uncomfortable but they zipped and buttoned. I remember when 12's fit like that and now they are baggy!! WOOOO HOOOO...

I am hoping to purchase my own 10's real soon!

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh, Grretchen, thats WONDERFUL!! Didnt you want to just stick out your toung and give her the rasperries!?!? I would have!

Br00klyn
08-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Gretchen - That must have felt amazing! :D

Still no NSV for me yet this month.. but you'll all be the first to know when I come across one. :D

Sheila53
08-18-2004, 01:08 AM
Wow! That is wonderful, Gretchen. I bet you were just beaming from ear to ear. I know I would be. Give yourself a giant pat on the back!

barbygirl43
08-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I have one finally—I was given a king size snickers bar last night and I didn't eat it. Instead I gave it to jeff. I did have a miniscule bite (smaller even than the itty bitty bars you can buy) but that was it. That was quite the accomplishment since I've been on such a chocolate kick lately.

Gretchen that is so cool that you got into a 10. You've worked so hard to get where you are now and I can't wait for you to tell us you are at goal!!!

howie6267
08-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Some great victorys here this month. Mine is my jeans that I was able to start wearing two weeks ago and were tight are now needing a belt. I have went from size 58 to size 50 in the past 4 months. I can't wait to buy my first pair of 48's. I am wondering if I will ever see the 30's again. Not that I'm doubting my weight loss. That's in the bag. I'm just wondering what size I will end up being.

Sheila53
08-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Good for you, Dawnyal! And I'm betting that you'll see the 30s again, Howie. :) That'll be so awesome when you get from the 50s to the 40s, which should be any day now.

I had kind of an amusing NSV. I was waiting in the reception area of a salon I go to, and I was kind of sitting back in the chair with my legs out, dozing a little. I heard a couple of people go by, then the woman I had the appointment with, whom I hadn't been to in a couple of months, came and sat down beside me. She said that she'd seen me sitting in the chair, didn't recognize me, and had to go consult the book to see who I was. She laughed and said, you colored your hair and I saw a pair of "stick legs" and just didn't recognize you. Okay, I'm not sure if having "stick legs" is really a good thing, but I have to admit that I'd rather have someone thinking I have stick legs than thinking I have stumplike legs!

howie6267
08-20-2004, 09:02 PM
It's funny I can remember buying size 36 pants when I was 11 years old and thinking it was great because I wore the same size as my Dad. I guess I don't have to worry about being like some guys and say that I'll never be the size I was in high school. I can say I never want to be the size I was in high school. I have to compete with my 11 year old size. LOL

barbygirl43
08-23-2004, 01:25 PM
That's too funny Howie. I'm sure you'll be back in the 30s before you know it and wonder when it was you wore the 50s.

Shelia I'm with you. I think I'd rather be accused of sticks than stumps although I don't see that ever happening.

Ivanna B. Skinny
08-23-2004, 10:51 PM
You all are doing SO fantastic!!! Dawnyal--a king sizes Snickers bar would have sent me into some sort of delirous eating frenzy. They are my absolute FAVORITE!! Good job for taking just a nibble!! Howie, 8 sizes in 4 months is a HUGE accomplishment! You'll see those 30's yet!! Shiela--"sticklegs" is DEFINATLY better than stumps! Thats was so funny!

Br00klyn
08-23-2004, 11:11 PM
My August NSV is getting my butt back in gear... Seriously, I've fallen off the wagon over the past 4 days.. However, I picked right back up where I left off this morning and hoped back on. The old me, would have that "Oh I've blown it" and given up.. The new me just keeps on truckin'! :D

Sheila53
08-30-2004, 11:22 PM
While this does involve a scale, it was still an NSV, I think. The receptionist at my chiropractor called and said the doctor needed my height and weight. I actually told the truth when I said my weight. I was slightly embarassed, but certainly not as mortified as I know I would have been if I had still been 261 lbs. However, at 261, I would have said, "None of your business!"

howie6267
08-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Good for you Sheila. I always hate that question. The doctors scales won't even weigh me. Soon though and I will have no problem. Only 11 more lbs to go to be able to weigh on the doctors scales.