Old 08-06-2004, 08:20 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 8/6

Well, today is the day we're supposed to go camping. I want to cancel SOO bad. I ended up sleeping in the recliner because laying down made my tooth throb SOO bad. I'm beginning to think DH was right and it's my tooth causing the problems instead of the sinuses/ear infection. I can understand now how people can go insane from pain!!!! The dentists office opens in 1/2 hour so I'm going to wash up and hopefully they can squeeze me in this morning. Not sure what they'll do to it--or if they'll do anything today. If nothing gets done I've got to cancel. I can't go camping w/the pain I had last night.
Today is DH's birthday also, so it'd be kind of cool if we didn't have to go. The girls will be SO disappointed if we don't.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Brenda, if your gut tells you to cancel, then cancel. Do what's inside!! Sorry to hear about your tooth. Good Luck at the doctors. Happy Birthday Brenda's DH !!

So many Leo babies !!!

Leaving today at noon YEAH!!!!, weekend plans are a party on saturday, its called a "Leo" party, and its at my girlfriends house. She has alot of leo friends so she figured she would just throw one party for all. Its nice cause it falls on my b-day.

Sunday, nothing planned, just cleaning, laundry, etc.

How about you guys ? whatcha doing this weekend.

My dieting has REALLY sucked this week. Horrible horrible horrible. Did I mention it was horrible ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone!

Brenda: Sorry to hear that you are still in pain. A toothache can be the worse. Hope that you can get into see the dentist soon! I don't blame you for canceling the camping trip. It wouldn't be much fun for you in pain the whole weekend. Happy birthday to the DH and hope that you feel better soon!

Leenie: Happy Birthday a day early! Hope that you have a fabulous weekend!

Well, just getting ready for work here. This is my long day and I am dreading it like crazy. Hopefully we will be busy and it will fly by! I didn't do anything yesterday. Got one load of laundry done and then went to Wal-Mart and out to dinner with best friend. Then came home and took a nap. I think I could get used to this resting thing! Not much planned for the weekend. Just working tomorrow, and resting on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All

And how is everyone today??? I couldn't get online yesterday, something funky... still not sure what happened exactly. It was actually kind of productive since I went into work at 10 instead of my planned 11 then. I unpacked the rest of the textbooks and spent like 1.5 hours trying to verify the order (OMG was that impossible!). So, we figured out that we were short books. Ran to the office and talked to my boss, he called the company and they swear they shipped all of them. Great. So he gives me a master key to the school and i went through and checked EVERY SINGLE room. Boy was I pooped! And I didn't even find my books!! I'm only slightly worried about not having enough of them to go around on the first day of school. If need be we can do some emergency ordering and I can do a microscope unit first off or something.
However, I got all the new books numbered and stamped and ready to go! I even managed to have a good time with the ***** Biology teacher next door. I'm actually quite proud of myself. I decided to give her a second chance and understand that her personality is just overbearing and I shouldn't take it personally. I dunno, we'll see how long it lasts... but we had fun yesterday so it's a good beginning at least.

Brenda: The tooth pain from a sinus infection can be THAT bad... I've felt it. I've got these spaces that fill up behind my wisdom teeth and I would swear some days that someone has shoved toothpicks into my gums it hurts so bad. I feel your pain girl, cancel the camping trip.... pain is absolutely unbearable without the comforts of home.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie: hope you have a great birthday. Don't worry about the eating. You'll get back OP soon!!

Lisa: what happened to your not working saturdays anymore? Glad you got some rest!

Rhonda: Sorry to hear about the missing books. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon!! And good luck w/the teacher next door.

Well, my dentist isn't answering their phone--not open. GRR!! It's actually not bad today. My ear aches a little and the tooth a little. I'm just afraid of a repeat of last night. I'm also tired and have a headache so that isn't helping either. I'm going to go mow lawn and then take a nap. Hopefully I feel better afterwards and we can go camping. The girls are bummed cuz we're not going. Told ya I somehow raised inconsiderate children. And I would think those antibiotics would have kicked in and at least settled the sinus/ear infection down. Not make it worse. Last night was THE worst I've ever had it. Needless to say IF it is going away..I'll be contacting the dentist anyway to get that tooth killed somehow so I don't have to deal with this the next time I get a sinus infection!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:17 AM   #6  
Look at me go ;)

Morning everyone! Wow, where are ya'll at?

Brenda: (HUGS) I sure hope you feel better. Get to the dentist and if need be, sit and wait for them to get you in! A tooth infection can spread into your throat and everything. I would just cancel the camping trips. The girls might be disappointed but they will make it. You have to take care of yourself or they won't have a mommy to take them camping at all!

Leenie: Goodmorning! WE missed you yesterday Happy Early birthday, I hope you have a blast this weekend. Don't worry about the eating, just get back on track as soon as you can.

Lisa : I am glad you got some rest in. Sorry you have such a long day today, I hope it's a good one and that is passes by quickly. I'm glad you like the book, it's one of the best and my favorite!

SHimma - Thanks for the info about the FlatOut. We must not carry it yet. Your school books sound like a real PITA, at least they are done though, right? It's nice you gave bio***** a second chance Maybe you guys can become good friends.

Nothing much with me today. I got my mile in at the park this morning. It was nice. I did different levels, some hills, some stairs. I feel pretty good. I have been staying OP so far, can't wait to weigh in on saturday. I had a LC shake yesterday from this LC cafe near my house. MMMMM it was delicious but I paid for it after w/ the sugar alcohol effect.

Got some running around to do after I take Eric to daycare. He spilled a whole cup of HI-C orange all over my bed last night and now I need to find a laundrymat to wash my comfortor in. Grrr @@. Just going to study for my CDL afterwards. Have a great day everyone!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #7  

Brenda: Tomorrow is the last Saturday I work. Then it's off every weekend for me til the baby comes! I'm looking so forward to free weekends! DH is ready to hit the beach a lot since we will be able to leave Friday afternoons instead of having to wait for me to get off work on Saturday afternoon! Hope the tooth/ear keeps feeling better! Have fun camping if you get to go!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!

Well it is FRIIIIIIIIIDDDAAYYY and I am so happy! I can't wait to sleep in a little bit tomorrow. Started back to the gym last night and I woke up this morning and was full of energy. I have been doing great back on induction and feeling fine, I was surprised how fast my energy came back up. My sister and I are doing induction together for 14 days then after the 2 weeks we are going to pamaper ourselves with a present (maybe massage or pedicure, or both!!) We decided finally to find a home for our pup and so I have been networking around about that, I am gonna make up a cute flyer to put in the vet's office. I hate that but I can't take the dog fights The boys are going to their auntie Lisa's house on Sunday ALLLLL day. DH and I will not know what to do with ourselves!!! ahahahahaa

B- hope you get into the dentist girl!! hang in there.

Lisa- Hope you have an easy day at work tomorrow.

Leenie- Have a great party!!!

Shimma- good luck with the books, hope you find them.

Happy weekend chickies!!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #9  
Look at me go ;)

TG: sorry about the pup but I hope you and Dh have a great Sunday
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:26 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi Randi!! I just typed you a message but now it is not here.....typing again....YOU are doing soooo great!!!! I know you will do great at your weigh in! OOOHHHH last time my 2yr old spilled on my bed it was MILK!! Yuck, I am sure Hi-C is bad too!!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:36 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone! I am so glad it's Friday!! I have been lurking the past few days. Yesterday was just nuts. Between work, school and kids I am feeling pretty stressed and overwhelmed. I am trying hard to stay OP, but it has been really hard. But, I did good Wednesday and yesterday. There were evil, evil donuts here at the office. I didn't have any!! The very nice man that brought them even asked me repeatedly did I get a donut, was I on a donut strike, and what was he going to do with all of these donuts? I told him thanks, but I wasn't going to have any. And I didn't!! I still haven't been doing great, but at least I didn't have the evil donuts!!

It is still hot as he** here , but we are supposed to get a cool front in today. So it should only get up to 94 degrees with 100% humidity. BRRRR! We'll have to get out our sweaters!!

It is tax free shopping weekend here for back to school. My kids go back next Thursday and I haven't done a thing. So, there would be most of my weekend plans. I also have alot of studying and homework for myself...uugghh! I don't know if I included this before, but I went back to school this past February to finish my degree. I've been doing alright until the class I am in now. I am in Statistics he** !!

Have a great birthday Leenie!! Celebrate big!!

Hope you are feeling better Brenda! I have had sinus infections that have made my teeth hurt horribly bad. My DH has even gone to the dentist, thinking he had a toothache and it was a sinus infection. Whatever it is, I hope you get some relief!!

Shimma...a teacher. Wow! My hat is off to you! I could not do it. Thank goodness for saints like you.

Well, hope everyone has a great OP Friday! I am trying my best!!
Turtle38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Randi: Your WI is going to be great! Congrats on staying OP!!!

Lisa: Glad this is your last weekend to work

TG: Sorry to hear about your pup. Are you sure it's not going to get better once they realise who the alpha dog is?

Turtle: Congrats on staying away from the evil donuts. Those things'll do ya in every time Keep up the good work.

Well, the dentist office must officially be closed on Fridays. Must be nice!! So of course that leaves me w/out a fix for my tooth. The stupid riding lawnmower still doesn't work (we got a new belt for it and DH said it was fixed. Go figure!!!) so stupid me decided to try and push mow the lawn. It's not like those nice, smooth, straight yards. It's bumpy and hilly and....let's just say the smell of grass didn't do my sinuses OR my tooth any good. Stupid me!!!! So...I'm going to take MORE ibuprofen, go take a shower and then go take a nap. Hopefully I wake up feeling better!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:47 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

Forgot:
Congratulations Star on having your contract extended!!!! Sorry I forgot to mention that the other day!
Old 08-06-2004, 01:55 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

The dentist office finally opened. But they told me he was having a short day (no duh!) because he was leaving for vacation and wouldn't be back until the 14th so he wouldn't be able to squeeze me in. So I called the other dentist in town. They weren't open. Then the dentists office called back....she talked to the dentist and he said he'd stay longer to squeeze me in. So I go at 2:30. Did I mention I HATE dentists?? So now I get to look forward to more pain...but hopefully before the weekend is over the pain is gone. Would be nice if he could fix this so there was no pain today--but he's not a miracle worker (unless they've come out with some new thing that freezes teeth for days ) . So I'll take what I can get. But I think camping is definitely out---oldest DD is mad. Youngest DD is ok with it.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:35 PM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb

TG: Sorry to hear about your pup. Are you sure it's not going to get better once they realise who the alpha is ?
B- it doesn't work like that w/ a Pit Bull sometimes they do and sometimes they don't we were hoping neutering him @ 13 weeks and the fact he is a boxer/pit mix amybe we would get away with it but I guess not. The behaviorist and the trainer reccommend either home him or keep him and Thorne separated. Well our house is 900 sq feet, there is not even enough room for me to be separated!! ahahaha We will find him a great home I am sure of it, and he will be happier with all the attention.