Old 08-05-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat 8/5

Well, it's Thursday. DH was trying to get me and the girls to leave for camping today. I really don't feel like going at all. Stupid sinus infection is messing w/one of my teeth (one of the back ones of course) and making my life miserable. I'm SOO sick of taking ibuprofen, sinus pills AND prescribed antibiotics. I just hope the stuff they precribed yesterday (to take the place of the stuff I got last week) works FAST!! But I have to scarf down yogurt to prevent a yeast infection. I'm not sure how much yogurt I'm supposed to eat--I've got LC stuff in the fridge so figured on starting with that.
I managed to stay OP yesterday. YEAH ME!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  

Yeah Brenda! That is my plan for today too. I will stay OP, I will stay OP, I will stay OP.....she says clicking her heels together three times!

I wouldn't feel much like going camping if I felt the way you do either...don't blame you.

I am armed with everything I need to avoid that freaking crazy lady two cubes down with all the candy!!!!!! I have plenty of cheese, pepperoni and a good salad with tuna for lunch. I even brought 8 oz of my Keto milk loaded with SF chocolate syrup in case I want chocolate! Now lets see if I can do it. I heaved myself onto the scale today and I am up 4 pounds. But I had pasta last night....yes that's right I said pasta. So I am sure some of it is just carb bloat. I will drink tons of water today and see if I can get it down some.

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:48 AM   #3  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Not many people have shown up this morning - what gives?

Brenda - Glad the filter works! for staying OP all day!

Jane - *gasp* Pasta??? Naughty girl!

I ended up taking off half the day yesterday so I could drive out with DH to where he works and have lunch at the Stanford's that's right there. Yum! And I was soooooooooo good! Fish, veggies, and salad. But then! I didn't know that the salad came with this big hunk o' bread - with cheese on it. I took one little bite and suddenly there was no stopping me. It was soooooo good! So happy anniversary to me! At least I avoided the creme brulee.

I hung out with girlfriends last night and drank too much (no surprise there). I'm so tired! I actually pre-paid for a second cup of coffee this morning So while I may never fully learn to not play so hard on a 'school night', I am getting better. I got invited to go to a ZZ Top concert tonight and I turned them down! Told them I needed some rest for a change. Aren't I good?
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #4  

***hanging my head in shame***

Glad you had a nice anniversary. And good for you for turning down the invite to the concert. Just wait till you get even older girlie! It gets harder and harder and harder. I can barely stay up till 11:00 these days and I am only going to be 44!

I am coming up on my second anniversary in September. DH is such a creature of habit. He loves routine.....I hate it. Each morning when I leave for work he is still in bed! I give him a kiss and tell him I love him....habit I got into after my father passed away suddendly (you never know....) It has gotten to be such a habit and since I am superstitious enough that I make sure I say it everyday! Well this morning I guess he didn't hear me and he just called me at work and said "Hey you didn't say you loved me this morning, is this the beginning of the end?"
Of course I did say it...he just didn't hear....Geez.....this guy thrives on routine!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Jane: Enjoy your water (pretend it's pasta ) and have a great day. You can stay away from those goodies 2 spots over, I know you can!!

Star: How you manage to do half the things you do and still go to work the next day amazes me!! I'd still be passed out Glad you had fun and enjoyed your anniversary.

I'm SO not wanting to go camping. Trying to talk the girls into letting me cancel.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Jane: that is SOOO Sweet!! I understand the routine thing. I make sure to tell DH I love him before going to sleep....then get ticked when he doesn't say it back
Old 08-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

You're right Star...where is everyone else?
Old 08-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #8  

What is really funny is that I HAVE to say it everyday....he just mumbles it back! Men!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:04 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

lol. DH and I used to write notes to each other. I'd write it before going to bed. He'd write it before going to work in the morning. It was so cool! I miss that. Then I got sick and didn't write it...and of course neither did he.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:11 AM   #10  

Old 08-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #11  
Head Princess

I once had a boyfriend that ended up dead a couple of days after I walked out on him. It turned out to be a very fortunate thing for me, but at the time it was devastating! Ever since then, I've been big on telling the people I love that I love them on a regular basis. Friends, family, husband - all get the 'I love you' every time I we're leaving or hanging up the phone. That's just not an opportunity I want to miss.

DH and I do 'kisses' every night. We kiss each other on the forehead (for good dreams) and then on the mouth and tell each other goodnight and I love you. Even if we're fighting - that gets put aside for the goodnight kisses. I love it!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

OH!!! I love the forehead kissing idea. That is SOOO sweet!! My family isn't big on emotions. I can count on both hands the times my father and I've hugged. And the same for my mom. I make sure to give the girls tons of hugs so they know they're loved. I don't want them growing up like my side of the family.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #13  

Good Morning Everyone!

Brenda: I hope that you feel better soon. I have been having some sinus problems also, the last few weeks, and then can't give me antibiotics. Seems that the sudafed is helping some, just not quick enough! Maybe the girls will let you cancel where you can get better!

Jane: Good Luck staying OP today! I know that you can do it! I think that is so sweet about the DH calling you! Me and DH tell each other many times a day. We hardly ever see each other with the shift he is working now, but we call each other 4 or 5 times each night!

Star: Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!! Like Brenda, I would still be passed out if I did the things you do! Me and DH were talking a while back one Saturday night how when we were younger we didn't even get started going out til around 10 or 11 at night. Now if we aren't home by then something is wrong! Get some rest tonight! Enjoy that 2nd cup of coffee!

Well, I didn't have to work today! I am so glad of that. I worked 6 days last week, and was not looking forward to it this week. Another girl volunteered to do it, and I didn't argue with her. I have finally realized that I need my rest. The baby has started moving around a little. Just feels like a butterfly flutter in my belly. It's starting to seem more real now! I still havent' bought anything for the nursery, but I am planning on shopping for some things next weekend since I will be off work! Well, going to get off here and get a couple of things done. It was almost 11 when I woke up this morning, and so I'm not fully awake yet! Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in a little later on!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:34 AM   #14  

Oh Star! I the forehead kissing thing! That is so sweet! Me and my mom were always big on emotions. In fact the last picture I have of us together is of me and her in a big bear hug the last Christmas she was alive! That picture stays in my bedroom and I wouldn't take a million bucks for it! My dad has always been big on saying I love you, but he's not the hugging type! My brother and me were always close growing up, and drifted away as we got older. We have gotten really close the past 5 years though. I guess it happened the 6 days we spent in the hospital together when our mother passed away. Now no matter where we are we always tell each other "I love you"! In fact yesterday he brought tears to my eyes. I was at his business he owns just stopping by to say Hi, and as I was leaving he hollers out "I LOV YOU SIS" All the guys were standing around, and I didn't figure he would say it, but he did! As I was leaving, the tears started! Oh well, enough mushy about my brother!!!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Lisa-glad you're not working today. And glad you're realising you need to rest more. The picture of you and your mom sounds precious. Glad you have a keepsake like that!!