Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #1  

Smile I am new and interested in forming a "women only" walking/support group in my area...

Hello everyone. I am new here. I am looking to find women in my area who would like to form a walking/support group. I have done the online support group thing before, but I find I just need a lot more support that only "in person" meetings can offer. Also I feel that forming a walking group is alot more fun and encourageing then walking alone. The problem is everything out here costs money to join and I don't have it to spare, so I would like to try and form my own free group. I have listed my basic information in my profile, but to save you the time of looking for it, I will tell you here. I am 24 years old. I am happily married with no children yet, but one spolied dog... I live in Holiday, Florida. I want to loose about 100pds. I am currently at 262, standing 5'5. I am an emotional eater. I have an anxiety disorder that I am dealing with day to day, although it has goten better, it is still there and has a mind of it's own at times. I feel a support group is cruecial to me because I basically have no friends. Although I am happily married and very thankful to have a loving husband, I have no girlfriends and that, I miss having. It's not that I don't want friends or can't have them. I am sorry to ramble on, but I want to honestly introduce my self. There is so much more to share, but I will save that for those of you that would be interested in hearing it. Thank you for reading my post, I hope to hear from you soon.
CR1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:34 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi and Welcome !!

Thats a wonderful idea you have, I hope you get lots of responses. I understand your anxiety disorder and emotional eating only to well. Are you on any medications for it?

Hope you can join us on the daily chat.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #3  

Hi. Thank you for your responce. I was on medication for a while but it was very expencive w/o insurance, and I was afraid it may be promoting another health issue that I have. I am more aware of it now and able to "control" it better, but it still gets me. If I don't find an "in person" buddy, I still want to chat with those of you on this website.
CR1026 is offline   Reply With Quote