Old 08-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #1  

Default Baked Ricotta Custard

I got this from the Splenda Website, but have modified it a bit to make it more SB friendly. It tastes very good and is filling. It's also good as a breakfast alternative.

Baked Ricotta Custard

Makes: 8 (8-ounce) servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes

1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages fat free, reduced fat, or non-diary cream cheese
3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/3 - 1/2 cup SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener, Granular (I use 1/3 cup)
2 large eggs
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half and half
cinnamon to taste (optional)

PREHEAT oven to 250° F.

BEAT cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add ricotta cheese; beat until blended. Gradually add SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener, Granular beating until blended.

ADD eggs gradually, beating until blended. Add egg white and beat until blended. Add vanilla, cream, and cinnamon, beating until blended.

POUR mixture into 8 (8-ounce) ramekins; place ramekins in a roasting pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.

BAKE at 250° F for 45 minutes or until custards are set. Custards will puff slightly and remain white. Remove from water bath and cool on a wire rack. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Garnish, if desired.

*** I also sprinkle cinnamon on top before baking
*** This is very good in Phase 2 topped with berries
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:00 AM   #2  

Really yummy!!! A very delicate taste. My husband was begging for more than the taste he was allowed!!
Linky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:27 PM   #3  

So here's the deal...I wrote down this recipe a while ago on a piece of paper and left out the WAY to cook it in the raekins, LOL. So I found the recipe today while on a baking fenzy, threw this together and dumped it into a pie plate (thinking it was a cheesecake) and cooked it....and low and behold it wasn't bad at all...very filling, just a little bit, but good too. The only thing is that if I did it again, i may cook longer as it is a tad soft in the middle, but good nonetheless, LOL!
TheScrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #4  
krazy binging insomiac

wow these were absolutely fantastic! i am so happy that i found this forum! i was sooo sick of those ricotta cremes. it was fantastic thank you!
nefarious_wytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #5  

Anybody tried this with a muffin tin and cupcake papers? We have no ramekins or any other baking dish. If it turned out as a cheesecake I think it might work, but I'm a bit nervous. Ideas?
darlingchick is offline   Reply With Quote