South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #1  
kikilai

Default opinion on skipping breakfast ph 1

i overdid it, eating OP, (but in too generous quantities) late late last night and woke up feeling sooooooo full and gross. should i just wait to eat until i feel hungry? what about burning up some of last nights calories today? any ideas?
Old 08-04-2004, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I get like that if I eat a resteaurant meal in the late evening. Even when I try to keep portion sizes in mind. Yes, I know we are supposed to stop eating when we are no longer hungry but that doesn't really work for me. For me, I need to remind myself what a single serving of something is while I'm eating or I wind up eating way too much and feel like waddling away from the table. (Hey, I'm getting better!)

If you are really feeling full, I would skip breakfast, but I'd keep my snacks handy so I don't get too hungry before lunch.

How late were you eating last night?

Nothing you can do about last night. It is the past.

Last edited by sarahyu; 08-04-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

I think it would be ok to skip breakfast, I know that is what I do if I don't feel like eating. My philosophy is iiif iit's not broke don't fix it. So if you are not hungry don't eat. But I agree keep healthy snacks available in case you get hungry before lunch. Judy
Old 08-04-2004, 10:39 AM   #4  
Peanut's Mom

I think skipping breakfast would be a bad idea. You need at least a little fuel in the tank to get the engine started. From what little I understand about the human body, you need to eat something to get your body out of the metabolic hibernation from sleep. JMO.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #5  
kikilai

thanks so much Sarahu, Laurie and Born2run! i sort of combined all your solutions, and had a 1/2 a skim mozzarella stick to make sure i don't pig out, then have a light lunch! you guys rock!!
Old 08-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kikilai, that sounds like the perfect solution.

You do need to put something "in the tank" in the morning to break the evening's fast. Otherwise, your body thinks it is in starvation mode and will try to hold back your fat and such. At least, that's what my mother always taught me. She's fond of reading medical articles and such, so she's usually right. (aren't mothers, usually? )

A great way to stop from eating everything when you are out is to cut the plate in half and either ask for a box to store it in and take it home, or put a napkin over that half. Then only eat the half you can see. If you are still hungry when you get home, you can have the second half, but that will rarely, if ever happen. It takes us 20 mins. to learn that we are full...a sick trick on us all, IMHO.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #7  

When I've skipped breakfast on this plan I ALWAYS end up overeating for the day. Have something light, like a small tub of f/f yogurt so you are not filling your tummy but you are getting back into SB style of eating. Eat very small portions all day today and drink loads of water. Hopefully they will outweight each other.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

For me? I would have my mid morning snack first. I know I would get toooo hungry then pig out later!

When you get hungry, eat breakfast and then maybe a later lunch?
Closed Thread