Old 08-04-2004, 07:51 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday Chat August 4th

Good Morning Everone!

Well, I was sleeipng so good this morning and Rocky decided that it was time for me to get up. Think that I may go on into work a little early. Got a lot to do this afternoon after work. Today is my dad's birthday, so going to do something with him. Also, got to get some housework done. We had a girl at work who's step-dad died yesterday, so looks like I may be working for her tomorrow. Don't mind helping out when really needed. Well, going to get ready for work and I'll check in later! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:42 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Have fun with your dad and sorry to hear about your co-workers dad. Don't work too hard on the housework!!!

Why is it when you just want to sit and relax you need to rush and rush?? GRRR. Oh, FINALLY hooked the pool filter up last night and was running it...went out to check on it and it wasn't running. ARGH!! So that's busted. Now I've got to call the company abuot that!. I'm not sure what I did w/the receipt otherwise I'd go to wal-mart and see what they had to say about it. Otherwise it'll cost me to ship the dang thing to the company and who knows WHEN it'll come back...after the pool is green and slimy? EWW!! You all have a great day!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:56 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all

I was finally able to get into my classroom yesterday. It's been forever. They've had the entire thing torn apart all summer so they could wax the floors. It takes them forever to do anything. So, I got into my classroom and had, and I'm not kidding, 60 boxes waiting for me. We got brand new textbooks, which is great... but I hurt my back lugging those darned boxes around. I only got through about half of the boxes before I couldn't take it anymore.... Grr. I suppose I'll go back today and get the rest unboxed, check the order then number and stamp them.
My dad called last night, after 37 years working for the same place, they eliminated his job. That just scares me. I know all the company is going to do is rename the job something else and bring in someone younger and put them through all the training they put my dad through and pay them less. He had about 3 years left there until he would have been able to take early retirement. Now he's going to have to find a new job and probably work right up to whatever the retirement age is these days. Ugh, I hate to think of my dad having to fill out job aplications and go to interviews. If it isn't one thing,then it's another I guess.

DVD player quit so I can't even try out the WATP cd's that I got for my birthday. I'm so pist! My bf got me the 1, 2 and 3 mile ones... and there they sit. Oh well, it's not like I'm a huge fan of exercise anyway. Tonight is Queer as Folk night. Anyone watch that show?? My sister and I LOVE it. She belongs to netflicks and gets that show as one of her dvd's... so it came in yesterday and tonight I go over to her place and we watch all 4 episodes. I love that show! It should be great fun.

Ok, I'm outie. to all the people I miss!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:28 AM   #4  

Good morning.

Mrs H: Just saw on the net that that storm headed out to sea. Glad it missed you. Sorry you have to work but it nice of you to pitch in for her.

Brenda: Hope you get the filter fixed before the end of summer!

Rhonda: I can't believe you are almost back at school. Boy that was fast!
I'm so sorry about what happened to your dad. Big companies can really suck, I know I work for one....but I don't take anything personally. I just move on. But it must be hard after all those years. I am sure he will be just fine. When my dad had to start over in his later years he became a realtor and LOVED it. Best thing he ever did. So you never know...........

Well, not so perky today. Slept ok but stayed up a little later than usual. I was sewing for most of the night before I had dinner. DH made some yummy steak tips. I am taking Friday off and want to get this blouse done so I can move on!!!!! It has been the project from ****! I have a blazer pattern I want to make next. I saw this awesome wool silk (multi-colored) that I want to get. This jacket will look great with everything....even jeans.

I haven't been being very good lately. Lots of candy in the office....feeling tired.....steal a piece or two. That has to stop. I wonder why when I am tired is when I cheat must be some scientific reason....I hope.

Trying to decide whether to get a facial on my day off on Friday......the scar over my eye is still pretty sore and dread the thought. Also want my eyesbrows waxed but can't do the right one. *sigh*....suppose I should wait.

Well need to start some work.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:43 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Sorry I can't post more, BIG boss is here cramping my style. Dang Gum It !!!

Love you and thinking of all of you thru the day.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:27 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Good morning, Grumpy-butts!

Mrs H - I'm glad you're safe!

Brenda - Good luck with the filter

Shimma - Back already - time flies! Be careful with your back!

Jane - I waxed last night - ouch! BACK AWAY FROM THE CANDY!!!!

Leenie - Hope you survive the big boss today

Well, today is my 3rd wedding anniversary! My mom was giving me a hard time and tellling me that she can't believe he's put up with me for 3 whole years. Pbbbbbbbbbbbbtttttt

Since DH works swing and won't get home until around 11:00 tonight, some of my girlfriends are 'babysitting' me tonight. We'll have a rip-snorting good time

I ate terribly yesterday. Not high carb, just not a lot of food and no veggies at all I was a bad bad Star, but I blame it all on the Jim Beam that was absolutely FORCED on me!

Have a great day, everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:32 AM   #7  

Leenie:

Star: Happy Anniversary!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:37 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning, Good Morning its a brand New dayyyyyy (singing)

Well just checking in quick since I am late for work this morning, having kinda a crazy time we are having dog issues and I hate that. OUr Boxer mix pup must have just hit puberty cause him and our Doberman have been fighting (I neutered him @ 13 weeks old hoping to avoid this) well the got in a knock down drag out fight and our doberman who is 12 yrs old ended up having to go have surgery on his leg cause it got bit so bad. So now DH is all upset and wants to find Toad (our pup) another home where he can be the only dog (since that is what he really wants) SO needless to say I am all frazzled over it. I have NEVER gotten a pet and then found a home for it but I guess this mght be my first time. We shall see.

Starting induction again today with my sister for 2 weeks straight, gotta do food log too and go to the gym. I am happy to get some structure back though!

Have a GREAT day.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Happy Anniversaty To Me!

Hi gang!

Well, today is my offical 1 year anniversary on Atkins!!

Im down 45 pounds, 40 inches.. and I am thrilled because I am healthier all the way around!

Mrs H - Have a good day today!

Brenda - hope you can get that pump fixed soon!

Shimma - OH! But to get new stuff and put it all away.. I know it can be a pain, especially at work, but OH I love the smell of new text books! (I would be a perpetual student just for that smell! ) Im sorry to hear about your dad. But like Jane said, it could be a silver lining!

Jane - WOW! You sure are sewing up a storm these days! that jacket sounds fabulous!

Leenie:

Star- Happy Anniversary! How awesome is that! JB forced on you?

TG -

OK.. kids have swim lessons so I'll be back later.. OH I am feeling better about my impending surgery. I found a site with lots of resources and info... I am reading up a storm!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:33 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Hi again

Star: Happy Anniversary!!
Jane: You'll just have to treat yourself to an extra extravagant day of pampering once the scar heals. Did I miss the results of your scan?? Hope everything is good in that dept.
Karen: I looked at your pictures, you look STELLAR!! Way to go!

Ok, I had a moment of sheer brain power and remembered that this old crabby computer of mine will play dvd's. So, I just did my very first 1 mile WATP workout. It was really nice! Not overly stressful, yet challenging.

Have a great day!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Happy 1 year, Karen! And btw, that 'Princess Package' was great!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Star - I though that would make you laugh!

Shimma - dont you love those Ah- Ha Moments!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #13  

Theo'sgirl: That's too bad about the dogs. Hope the Dobie feels better soon. I don't envy you having to decide whether to give one up. But maybe they just aren't meant to be buddies.

KarenW: Happy anniversary to you too! Glad you found some information on the surgery to help in your decision.

Shimma: The MRI came back fine....no hematoma just a deviated septum....if I want to get my nose done I guess I could
Old 08-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #14  

Smile

Good Morning Sunshines!

Glad to see so many shining faces here today.

Lisa, enjoy your time with your daddy! Sorry to hear about your co-workers dad, but glad you can pitch in and help.

LadyA, bummer about the pool pump! Hope you get it fixed soon so you can enjoy the water.

Shimma, that's terrible thing to hear about your dad. I'm sure he will find something else quickly with all the experience he's got. What grade do you teach? My dad's taught for 34 years and countings, and a sister who's taught for 4 yrs. They love it! Hope your back is feeling better today.
Hope you'll get to those WATP dvd's you got. They're awesome!

Jane, not so perky? Awwwwwww. I think that it's just awesome that you can make such wonderful clothes. I got a sewing maching for a gift last year from my mom cause I was telling her how I'd like to learn. Well, it is still in the box! Yes, yes, yes! Get the facial!

Leenie, hope your day is going well and the boss is treating you right!

Star, happy anniversary!!!! I hope you have a great time being 'babysat' tonight!!! I can only imagine what you ladies will be up to!

Theo'sgirl, good luck with the induction! I am sorry to hear about the puppy. I want a dog so bad, but right now it's just not feasable. Never was a dog lover til I spent 8 months living with my sister and bil and their amstaff.
Now I've never wanted a dog so bad in my life!

Karen, happy atkinsversary!! Wowzers, 40 inches! That's amazing!!!!
I am so glad that you're finding great info that could help in your decision making.

Yesterday was a hectic busy day. I swear, the older my kids get the harder it is getting to get this "back to school" mumbo jumbo outta the way!
Does it just get even harder as they enter their teen years?? Heaven help me!
I did amazingly well with plan yesterday even tho' we were out all day long.
We ended up at Outback for dinner cause this ol' girl was not cooking a meal! I love it there! Good yummy food!

Today promises to be more of the same and I'm ready to face it head on.
Got my workout in and lots of water down. Now I need to find some breakky and I'm ready to roll! I cannot wait until the kids go back to school so I can find a moment of silence. They are driving me buggy!

I am horrified to learn that one hip is slightly larger than the other!!! I just noticed yesterday while I was getting dressed. It's a good 1/2 inch bigger, if not more. How in the world did I get like this! I am a freak! Question is now, what the heck do I do to fix it!

Question for you ladies....

When does everyone weigh themselves? Everyday? Once a week?

Alrighty, well time to get on with the morning. You all have a fabulous day!
The week's half over--woo hoo!!!

p.s. Rachel, thanks for the info on the scale! Going to check into one today.
azmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

Jane: The deviated septum could be giving you the headaches if you have any sort of sinus problems at all... it might be interfering with drainage and whatnot. And if you get your nose done..... don't get a Michael Jackson!!! :P