South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 01:49 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking Phase 1 Grocery List

So I'm going to be grocery shopping within the next few days, to prepare for Phase 1 and a lifestyle change, and I'm wondering what "South Beach Staples" you have to share with me. Anything I should definetly not leave the store without? Thanks!

Old 08-04-2004, 03:43 AM   #2  

A few of my "staples" are eggs, reduced fat cheese, lean back bacon, serloin steaks, skinless, boneless chicken breasts, lettuce heads (or mixed leaves salad bags), tomatos, cucumbers, cans of tuna, decafinated tea bags, skimmed milk, natural yogurt (fat free), splenda, cottage cheese, most vegetables to steam/ grill (or frozen bags ready to steam with the carrots removed for when you're in a hurry). That's all I can come up with right now! Best of luck!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:33 AM   #3  
Peanut's Mom

Thumbs up

I would not have made it through Phase 1 w/o red peppers, almonds, sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles to snack on.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #4  

I would have never survived with fat free sugar free chocolate pudding, pistachios, string cheese, and seasoned low fat low carb turkey/chicken. Our market carries this Arostica (sp?) chicken that is seasoned with pepper and a non-sugar spice (I asked) that is wonderful. I just ate 2 pieces with some cheese for breakfast!!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:52 AM   #5  

peanut butter and ricotta cheese!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:46 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was going to buy some sugar free/fat free pudding but I read that those are phase 2 rather than phase 1? did i misread or is that old information?

What I have been using that I already had are the bag of individually frozen chicken tenderloins which I bought from costco, I think these are great. Also I bought sliced mushrooms from the store to put in my omelets for a quick prep breakfast and a bunch of veggies I enjoy including celery (to mix with my lil bit of allowed pb) and tomatoes (grape tomatoes are awesome to snack on).
Old 08-04-2004, 02:56 PM   #7  

No sugar added fudgesicles.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:49 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Definitely most of what everyone mentioned, but also beans, hummus, and string cheese!
Old 08-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Bags of pre-shredded cabbage coleslaw!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:00 AM   #10  

I always buy eggs, low fat cheese, plain peanuts, low fat yogurt, lettuce leaves, lean deli meat, tuna, lean steak, boneless chicken breast, low fat milk and canned tomatoes.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I always get plety of fresh veggies like asparagus (tastes so much better than frozen or canned), bell peppers (I prefer the brighter colors to green), hummus, black beans, kidney beans, Natural peanut butter, non-dairy whipped topping, the Popsicle brand HEALTHY pack of pops, flavored water, seltzer, lettuce (usually bagged and ready to go, egg substitute, and salmon!
Closed Thread